The online racing simulator
Its a great start and proves its possible. Only tried the FZR and from in cockpit, it sounds good but is not there yet. The gear whine is perfict not too annoying, its nice.
#27 - JJ72
now I am eagaring awaiting a sound mod for FOX and the XRG

I wonder what you can do for small liter inline 4s.
Quote from yamakawa :
Inprogress...
FXR,and USER option.

Hey, thanks yamakawa - excellent stuff!

Is it possible currently for us to add a directory (name based on the car name) with samples in a specific naming convention so they'll be used for a car?

For example, making a XFG directory and putting in it files like
"drivetrain_low", "drivetrain_high", etc and they're picked up by your program.

Is that the USER option you mention above?
Quote from Stuff :Theres not much to it matey..

-open up ye LFS cfg.txt and scroll down to da bottom
-open up ye Readme_eng.txt
-copy over da OutGauge lines from yar readme
-close both files, start CSR then start LFS
-choose either the FZR or BF1 and pour ye'self some grog

Good job Yamakawa! Both cars sound awesome. I'm glad my okSocket was helpful.

(today is talk like a pirate day pirate: )

Yerano, I done this about 15 times, I don't know why it doesn't work but I am doing it correct.....guess i'm stuck with origional sounds.
Bawbag, have you tried deleting all the files that are in the zip from your LFS folder and starting again?

Is there a mismatch between this version and the other ESM_003 version in the movies thread?

The steps that Stuff listed work fine for me. You really should try and get it working, cause the FZR sounds saaawwweeeeettt!!
Quote from Stuff :Theres not much to it matey..

-open up ye LFS cfg.txt and scroll down to da bottom
-open up ye Readme_eng.txt
-copy over da OutGauge lines from yar readme
-close both files, start CSR then start LFS
-choose either the FZR or BF1 and pour ye'self some grog

Good job Yamakawa! Both cars sound awesome. I'm glad my okSocket was helpful.

(today is talk like a pirate day pirate: )

D'accord,It changed such. thx.

Quote from xaotik :Is it possible currently for us to add a directory (name based on the car name) with samples in a specific naming convention so they'll be used for a car?

For example, making a XFG directory and putting in it files like
"drivetrain_low", "drivetrain_high", etc and they're picked up by your program.

Is that the USER option you mention above?

yes,but It has not completed yet.
Quote from eric1123 :hey these are pretty cool! love em... but the sounds really sound like the ones from the game gtr2. lots of people steal sounds from that game and send them to the public for lfs mods like the backfire mod, those were taken from gtr2..... but anyway good job

So what. No one cares as long as you don't ask money from sounds that've been stolen from a another game.

Quote from [RCG]Boosted :
just this sound "improvement" gives the whole game a new feeling.

True. With the original sounds LFS completely lacks a kind of orgasmic feeling when you accelerate out of the corner. Now you can actually believe that the car you're driving is a noisy rocket with lots of horse power.

Though I can't use this mod before the cars that I usually drive (XRR, FOX at least) are added. Now if I try FZR for example and then a car that isn't yet included in this mod it just makes it sound even worse.
yamakawa: Your mod is made in VB, right? Feel free to say no to this, but could you publish the source code ? I'm still hearing any sound except the eninge
#34 - Jakg
no matter what i try i cannot get this set up with LFSC - i can get it working with LFS, but i cant go without pitspotter or momoleds
Thanks for the user option, now I can give the FZ5 a V8!
LFS CARSOUND + PITspotter + MOMO leds will be nice but impossible for now
What are the user files for?
#38 - neRu
If i engage shift-sounds it crashes upon shifting to 4th.
Me like. Especially FZR sounds great.

FOX would be very nice to see (well hear really).

Good job yamakawa.
Quote from otolikos :LFS CARSOUND + PITspotter + MOMO leds will be nice but impossible for now

I forgot to take this home with me on my thumbdrive the other day. If this is the case on pitspotter and momoled, then I'll try the sounds, but doubt I will race with it. Same reason I'm not using LFSC as well. That, and the British voice weirds me out with that one, LOL .
Very Nice, I like FZR alot!
I'm going to give it another go tonight if I can find a GTR server. It sounded great, and good job to yamakawa for the mod. But, when I tried it last night, I suddenly felt disconnected with the car. It didn't seem to match seamlessly like the physics generated sound of LFS. I will try to up LFS's sounds to hear them together in a minute when the wife removes her fingers from the other computer and I can get on the servers.

The FZR is really all that I drive, so it's all that I heard. It does need some more low frequency rumble to it. For some reason, I now can't find my stupid controls for the soundcard to adjust anything .
Quote from mrodgers :I'm going to give it another go tonight if I can find a GTR server. It sounded great, and good job to yamakawa for the mod. But, when I tried it last night, I suddenly felt disconnected with the car. It didn't seem to match seamlessly like the physics generated sound of LFS. I will try to up LFS's sounds to hear them together in a minute when the wife removes her fingers from the other computer and I can get on the servers.

The FZR is really all that I drive, so it's all that I heard. It does need some more low frequency rumble to it. For some reason, I now can't find my stupid controls for the soundcard to adjust anything .

That's the disadvantage to using sound samples like other simulations do. They blend them in such a way, just like what Yamakawa did here. Of course, it isn't perfect, but it sounds much better than original LFS sounds. It is not accurate sometimes like when you are blipping throttle and stuff, but you know, its better than anything we've ever had. LFS's sound engine is nice because it is so smooth, but I really wish it sounded like this mod. You should make sure the mod is on the default value of "10", because anything higher it gets very unresponsive and innacurate. Anything lower than 10, the sound of the original LFS engine starts to come back when reaching 0.
Quote from herki :yamakawa: Your mod is made in VB, right? Feel free to say no to this, but could you publish the source code ? I'm still hearing any sound except the eninge

sorry late reply. ok,I publish a source code.
http://www.k5.dion.ne.jp/~yama-p/CRS_01_souce.zip
(Some parts use Japanese comment.and....It is dirty )

Quote from DanneDA :Good stuff!

A few language stuff to fix, unless you fixed them already (from the screen on your site, http://www.k5.dion.ne.jp/~yama-p/user.jpg):
Old | New
Editer = Editor
Engin = Engine
Grobal = Global

thank you:nut:

I tested FXR by a sound of RBR, but it is not good.
http://www.k5.dion.ne.jp/~yama-p/not_similar_impreza.mp3
A good sample is not found.

sorry,I make "user option" earlier than FXR.
I love this program. Makes the BF1 and FZR feel that much more like brutal racemonsters. My only complaint is that the FZR does not generate much sound before the shifting point. Only near the shifting point and after does the awesome noise truly start. This is annoying, because I keep overrevving to hear that nice sound
The mod works great for me but I have one problem. The modded sounds stop when I change the camera to an outside view. There is also no modded sound in replays.

Any solution for this?
#49 - Jakg
change the outgauge mode to 2

LFS CARSOUND ReMixer
(826 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG