The online racing simulator
#1 - GX390
Logitech MOMO Force red repair
Hi does anyone know how to completely take apart the red momo steering wheel as something is broke inside mine.

Thanks
Threw in "Taking apart Red Momo" in Google, and instantly came with results like:

http://web.axelero.hu/mozso/momo_e1.html

EDIT: Removed...

What exactly is the problem??
#3 - GX390
My momo looks nothing like that inside though and when i have the wheel in my hand and move it around it makes a knocking noise and has loads of play
Sorry, my bad. I gave you the wrong link. I got it here. http://www.bdrmotorsports.com/index.php?topic=6859.0;wap2

It shows a link to a RED MOMO, but the link isn't working. The RED MOMO is a rare wheel. But possibly, there are some legacy racers here in the LFS Community who may be able to help you. Even if they haven't worked with the RED MOMO, there are some that have worked with various Logitech wheels (as you can see in this section). It might be different, but hopefully:

Maybe take a picture of how yours looks like, and maybe we can help you take it apart to further analyze the problem.

Sorry, it is my bad... apologies.
#5 - GX390
Thanks
#6 - GX390
Woops my bad I didn't read that properly either lol
#7 - GX390
I'll take a picture of the wheel tomorrow if i get time
#8 - GX390
#9 - GX390
How do you upload photos?
I am not sure if DEMOs have this, but S2s do. Click on "Post Reply". To the right of the which is right of the A, and left of the left arrow, there should be a paperclip. Click on that, and browse for your pictures. I'd make sure that the size of the pictures not be too big. I believe you get 2 MiBs of pictures (format). The second option would be to upload them to a picture hosting site like http://imageshack.us/ and posting the links in your next reply.

BTW, refrain from double posting too much, unless you have necessary unique information. The EDIT button is a wonderful invention, and should be made to make minor changes to a post.

Cheers
Quote from GenesisX :I am not sure if DEMOs have this, but S2s do. Click on "Post Reply". To the right of the which is right of the A, and left of the left arrow, there should be a paperclip. Click on that, and browse for your pictures. I'd make sure that the size of the pictures not be too big. I believe you get 2 MiBs of pictures (format). The second option would be to upload them to a picture hosting site like http://imageshack.us/ and posting the links in your next reply.

BTW, refrain from double posting too much, unless you have necessary unique information. The EDIT button is a wonderful invention, and should be made to make minor changes to a post.

Cheers

Sorry about the double posting and here is the photos one of the inside of the wheel and one of a broken part i found inside.

Attached images
193427.jpg
193500.jpg
The broken part isn't really a very important one - it's used as a damper when you reach the end of the steering radius and usually sits on a bolt in the center above the wheel

If you reach the end of the 270° radius a metal part hits this bolt ending the wheel movement - and from whar I can see on the picture this looks like the rubber ring that sits on this bolt to soften it when the metal part reaches the bolt.

You should hear a metallic sound when you reach the end of your steering radius to each direction right now the the rubber-ring not in position but apart from that you shouldn't have any problems

So if you replace it, this sound and the hard impact to the end of the steering radius will go away - it's pretty easy once you opened the wheel cover
Same issues
Hi Guys I have the same issue posted here... what is the fix for this? The motor seems to wobble around a little bit as well.

So to the guy that had the broken wheel rubber what did you do to fix it?
Thanks
#14 - JJ72
the missing rubber isn't fatal, it just eliminates the bump stop at the end of the turn, so...just don't steer that much haha. or you can try the ghetto way of wrapping some rubberband around it.

the motor is more important, it's held by two screws from top town at an angle and it can be loose, eventually it will go out of place and the gear will not transmit the force properly and will slip. I have built a support structure on the base with some modelling supplies and it worked.

Btw this was many years ago....I think I owned this wheel about 7 years ago. great wheel at the time.
red momo
does anyone know were i can get parts for my wheel or is smoeone selling an old one for parts
Would probably be good if you specified what parts.
HOLY ****, I REPLIED TO THIS THREAD THREE YEARS AGO!! I FEEL OLD! So yeah, back to the topic?

Logitech MOMO Force red repair
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG