The online racing simulator
Head-to-Head: The Gathering Event
Hey racers,

It has been an astronomical time compared to what it was meant to be. But I have finally found the _real_ internet again, where I can actually race online.

So on behalf of Sim Racing Society I would like to say it is time to run a Head-to-Head event, as we've been burning to do for a long time.

Combo information, date nor time (likely to be 19:00utc) are not set at this point. The event will be held on a Saturday or Sunday in January 2011. There will likely be a test event prior to this, just so I can make sure the systems work and all that fun stuff...

Stay tuned, and as always - Immerse Yourself.

Head-to-Head is not a traditional race. This is 1v1, "Head-to-Head", for 1 lap and 2 races. Each driver gets a chance to lead a lap, unless a Pass-to-Win was initiated by the following driver passing the leader. Always aim for the best time possible, as the better time gives you the following position in the next round, provided you didn't get knocked out. For more information on the rules, please read: The Head-to-Head Rule Book, thanks.

When: January 8th, 19:00utc
Combo: TBD

To Sign-up:

Full Name Registered for the Series (LFSUserName)
Past events participated:

Ex: Tim Beaudet (blackbird04217)
Winter Series 09, Summer Series 09, All-Stars, Test Events? None? etc

Sign-ups (This is not the final participant list)
------------------------------------
1. Tim Beaudet (blackbird04217)
2. Eduardo de Souza (du Souza)
3. Niko Demec (HighRoad)
4. Scott MacDonald (Mackie The Staggie)
5. Tommy Østgaard (Tomhah) (can't make it)
6. Adelin Demetrius (BAMBO)
7. Chris Ford (CSF)
8. Chris Wilkinson (Wilko868)
9. Sebastian Hutchinson (Seb66) (can't make it)
10. Zdeněk Cagaš (Kid222)
11. Anton Moroz (EliteAti)
12. Oscar Hardwick (oscarhardwick)
13. Niko Puntola (nikopdr)
14. Reno Kööts (VTiRacing)
15. Bernhard Bendl (bbman)
16. Chris Karsten (Chrisuu01)
17. Patrik Seidler (zeugnimod)
18. Oskari Rinne (manneF1)
19. Arturs Jonaitis (ennD)
20. Joe Holmes (Kart-36)
21. Stefan Alfons (Stefani24)
22. Nolan Scott (bigtime)
23. Ryan Cullen (Tur8o)
24. Tomek Nogieć (Imol)
25. Niall McEvoy (niall09)
26. Nathan Lamothe (nathan246)
27. Taha El Alaoui (evilpimp)
28. Patryk Koltowski (patryk_dk)
29. Jason Lovett (jasonl220)
30. Roland Osza (Töki (HUN))
31. Simon Cattell (SCA-F1)
32. Christian Kistner (kiste)
33. Martin Kapal (Flame CZE)
34. Przemek Wdowiarz (przemek21061995)
35. Andris Pavars (andRo.)
36. Niall Murray (n-murray)
37. Sean Williams (xtraction)
38. Axel Falck (MonkeyHead)
39. Mathias Wentjärvi (suzuki94)
40. David Williams (DaveWS)
41. Connor Mason (91mason91)
42. Elon Berisha (ElonB13)
43. Jonathon Pickard (rc10racer)
44. Shaun Dacosta (shaun463)
45. Alex Gassman (minimaxman)
46. Andy O'Brien (aobrien)
47. Eimantas Kasperiunas (oldnavy)
48. Laurynas Matonis (prOmo_LTU)
49. Thilo Falkenberg (TFalke55)
50. Ralph Purvins (sjava)
51. Jarno Lehikoinen (MaunoKasa)

Accepting as many people as sign-up to gauge interest, and possibly a 32 player event / two 16 player events... In the worst case a maximum of 20 participants will be accepted for qualification, at which only 16 will actually compete in the event.

The 20 participants _MAY_ or may NOT be first come/first serve. Sim Racing Society reserves the right to pick through the desired participants by any means; first come, past h2h participation, speed etc.
#2 - CSF
Awwwwesome!!
Quote from blackbird04217 :
A maximum of 20 participants will be accepted for qualification, at which only 16 will actually compete in the event.

I believe it wont be "first come first serve" situation to get in the event as the amount of interested people will be quite big in my opinion? So how the qualifiers are sorted out then?

Sorry horrible english.
As the date is not set in stone, it'd be hard for people to confirm their spot. But beyond that it would be first come first serve, for those 20.

I haven't been active in the multiplayer aspect of LFS for quite sometime, casual racing (as I've found this last week), has been reduced to minimal. So this is checking interest, which may be extremely high - or possibly low.

If you will be wanting to enter, just keep watching this thread for when it starts.

This is not an invite only event, although I do hope to see many familiar faces, and hopefully a few new ones.
Oofft yaass this is a belter.

Like the Head-to-Head races, always better at single laps then many...as my races show. Name the date and I'll do my best to be there.
#6 - BAMBO
Definitely up for it.
Sounds awesome! I'll attend for sure.

(PS. i'm lfsn00b, and i would appreciate if you would put the PM's to this account from now on.)
Great! Sounds like there is plenty of interest. I will sort out dates, combos and other info, then post back here requesting for sign-ups.
Awesome! Definitely up for this, will get me playing LFS properly again.
Okay all, I've added the date and time:

Head-to-Head: The Gathering Event will be held Saturday, January 8th, 2011 at 19:00utc.

Car/Track Combo is yet to be determined. I will announce it as soon as possible, suggestions are open.
BL1R with one of the LX perhaps?
Just so people are aware, I did not add participants to those that "signed up" before I posted the details, and whom did not sign up the proper way. (See first post).

Bambo - I will consider and test that track at some point.
Yay - since I can actually drive now . Maybe oval + GTR? Depends if the desktop can be sorted before then - hope so .
Niko Demec (HighRoad)
Past events participated: I've done some series H2H but i dont remember which ones
Name: Scott MacDonald (Mackie The Staggie)
Past Events: Winter Series 09 and a test event
Full Name: Tommy Østgaard (Tomhah)
Past events participated: Some H2H, cannot remember which. Was invited for the head-to-head allstar, but was not able to attend due to another league. MoE, GTAL ++

Full name: Adelin Demetrius (BAMBO)
Past events participated: Have participated in H2H before (I cannot remember which rounds/year :P). miniFBM series +
#18 - CSF
Name: Chris Ford (CSF)
Past Events: Winter Series 09, Test Events
Name: Chris Wilkinson (Wilko868)
Past Events: None

Name: Sebastian Hutchinson (Seb66)
Past Events: None
I would prefer it if people signed only themselves up to the event. I have not enforced it for the two "offenders" but I will not accept it from this point down.

Yes, the participant list is growing at record rates, but I will do everything I can to make sure as many people get a chance at the fun, so there shouldn't be much need to sign up friends, even if they approve.
Heck yes! Count me in.

Zdeněk Cagaš (Kid222)
This is on the date of the next MoE race, and starts an hour before the finish, just FYI for those that want to do both
Quote from blackbird04217 :I would prefer it if people signed only themselves up to the event. I have not enforced it for the two "offenders" but I will not accept it from this point down.

Yes, the participant list is growing at record rates, but I will do everything I can to make sure as many people get a chance at the fun, so there shouldn't be much need to sign up friends, even if they approve.

I asked him to sign me up
Yea I figured that was the case Sebastian, but I'm just saying in general I'd rather people sign themselves up. But your on the list of pending participants.

Head-to-Head: The Gathering Event
(136 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG