The online racing simulator
SIG (Setupgrid.net In-Game)
(84 posts, started )
SIG (Setupgrid.net In-Game)
SIG (Setupgrid.net In-Game) takes care of the tedious tasks for you - displaying a list of available setups and automatically downloading them to your setup folder, all without you ever leaving the game.

NEW! SIG Patch 0.3 (01/09/2008)
- Download

Patch / Feature Log
  • Feature: Setup pagination
  • Feature: Expand comments
  • Feature: Get setups even whilst no track or car is selected
  • Option: Close SIG when LFS is closed
  • Option: Add admin password
  • Option: Starting LFS can be configured
  • Option: Terminate SIG after LFS is closed
  • Option: Configurable InSim port
  • Fix: Corrupt setup files
  • Fix: SIG could not be closed if LFS was closed first
  • Other: SIG now comes in a self-extracting executable
For straight-forward visual steps on how to set up and use SIG, try this Installation Guide

Features
  • Download setups without leaving a server or opening your browser
  • Setups instantly placed in garage with one click
  • Compatible with all LFS servers
  • Compatible with all LFS patches and only displays setups compatible with the patch you are using
  • See important information like which controller the setup is designed for, user comments, best lap time and the setup type
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Most of the questions that follow are also answered in this visual Installation Guide.
  • How do I install SIG?
    Simply extract the zip archive anywhere you wish on your hard drive. You may need a tool such as Winzip or WinRAR to do this.
  • How do I display a list of available setups?
    After launching Live for Speed using SIG, type "/o setup" once on any multiplayer server, and a list of setups will appear.
  • Can I upload setups with SIG?
    Not currently, but we intend to support in-game uploads in the future
  • Can I use SIG if I launch Live for Speed from my default LFS.exe?
    No. You must launch Live for Speed through SIG.exe in order to use it.
  • How do I launch Live for Speed with SIG?
    There are two ways to do this, depending on whether or not SIG has already been opened. The first is to open SIG.exe. The second (if you have already launched SIG) is by right clicking the SIG tray-icon and selecting "Launch Live For Speed".
  • SIG isn't launching Live for Speed, what's wrong?
    The most likely answer is that SIG has not been configured to your LFS installation. You can set your LFS directory by right clicking the SIG tray icon and selecting "Configure".
  • Where is my log file?
    To have a log file you must first save this file in your SIG "/bin" folder. A log file will then be produced in the root SIG folder titled "setupgrid.log". If you experience any errors this log file will enable us to understand them. We only reccomend using one if SIG asks you to check your log file.

Screenshots

Credits
  • Jack Basford - Programmer of Setupgrid.net and XML system for SIG tool.
  • Rene Pirringer - Programmer of SIG tool.
  • My3id Gaming - For beta testing the SIG tool.

SIG website: Setupgrid.net/sig
Setupgrid.net: Setupgrid.net
Great Great Great job,
#3 - Nilex
Thanks !
Much better over 0.2
Exelent application
I'm glad you like it
#5 - J@tko
Love how the help file is bigger than the application itself

EDIT: Help file is a great idea

Will give it a go
#6 - J@tko
This one doesn't work either

Error log attached
EDIT: BTW, LFS.exe does exist in that folder
Attached files
error file.txt - 4.4 KB - 523 views
Quote from J@tko : This one doesn't work either

Error log attached
EDIT: BTW, LFS.exe does exist in that folder

Very strange. I had a look in the logfile but I need to do some testing. I have an idea what can be wrong, but I don't know if im right.
It could take a while until I find time to investigate this issue.
#8 - J@tko
Quote from Brilwing :Very strange. I had a look in the logfile but I need to do some testing. I have an idea what can be wrong, but I don't know if im right.
It could take a while until I find time to investigate this issue.

Ty
Thanks for this program
I share you my translation in french.
Attached files
setupgrid0.3_fr.zip - 1.1 KB - 599 views
Quote from Oliv76000 :Thanks for this program
I share you my translation in french.

Thanks - much appreciated.
Thanks for the extra translations - that's just superb!
hey raptor.
I cant get the sets.
I press the button "get set" but it says error check the log :S
i dont get it
What have i done wrong?
I have the right password and insim port
Quote from 91mason91 :hey raptor.
I cant get the sets.

There seem to be a bug - I'm having same problem on some combo's. I'm sure Rene will look into it soon enough.
Quote from 91mason91 :hey raptor.
I cant get the sets.
I press the button "get set" but it says error check the log :S
i dont get it
What have i done wrong?
I have the right password and insim port

Ya, I'm having somewhat of the same problem. I'm on BL1R with the XRT, I get a set and it works in seconds. I change car to....XRG, or XFG, and a few others, I type /o setup, then find the set I want. Click on "get set" and nothing happens.
Another car that DOES WORK is the XFR
I think I've acutally found a way around this bug. After you type "/o setup" click on the description (so you see the whole description) and wait a few seconds. Then click on "get set" and it works. If you don't do this, 9/10 times when you click on "get set" nothing will happen.

Another bug is if you spectate and type "/o setup" and get a set, the set will be for the car you are spectating rather than the car that is selected in your garage.
Quote from Matt0snap :I think I've acutally found a way around this bug.

Just tried and it works here too - nice find, Matt
Mine can't establish a connection with LFS. Why? LFS says something about my INSIM password not being right or something.
If you have configured a insim password in LFS you also need to enter the same password at the SIG config.
If you do not have an insim password, the password field in the SIG config must then be empty.
Quote from Brilwing :If you have configured a insim password in LFS you also need to enter the same password at the SIG config.
If you do not have an insim password, the password field in the SIG config must then be empty.

That's the thing. I can't remember if I ever have, what I put it too, or how to view it. I haven't been able to find any information about it either. Care to point me in the right direction?
Quote from Ziploc :That's the thing. I can't remember if I ever have, what I put it too, or how to view it. I haven't been able to find any information about it either. Care to point me in the right direction?

I have same problem.ITS SO FUC**NG NOYING!!!:hbomb:
Quote from Myffe :I have same problem.ITS SO FUC**NG NOYING!!!:hbomb:

You try SIG with a clean installation of LFS and see if this happens again.

If so, see the FAQ how to activate the log files, end send the log with a description of what you do to the mail address displayed in the FAQ.

Please also answer the following questions
- Does SIG start LFS?
- Do you use other programs that uses insim, and if so, what programs?

Without the log file I can only guess :sorry:
I have a problem with SIG, when i click Get Set nothing happens. Moreover, i can`t run the /o setup command until i do spectate > rejoin the race. Any suggestions?
Quote from NagashTheBlack :I have a problem with SIG, when i click Get Set nothing happens. Moreover, i can`t run the /o setup command until i do spectate > rejoin the race. Any suggestions?

can you activate the log file reproduce your error and then send me the log file: see http://setupgrid.net/sig#three-1)

please also describe the steps you perform unit you get the error e.g.
1. start single player race
2. select XFG as car
3. select BF1 as track
4. started the race
I saved the file, got the error again, but no .log file was created.

What do i do

Start LFS with SIG
Get the InSim text
Choose Multiplayer game
Choose any server
Choose any car
I type /o setup
Table with available sets apperas
I click Get Set
Nothing happens
I type /o setup again
Now nothing happens at all (no table)