The online racing simulator
Summer events
Hi,

We have just completed our winter season and while we take some rest before the next season starts in September we have arranged 5 events over the summer which are open to everyone.

The Gentlemen Drivers Club, or GDC, is a group who take racing serious but do not think winning is the only thing that matters. We have a regular group of drivers who enjoy close racing but would never risk ruining someone else race by risking overtakes that are not 100% on. As a result we have built a club where we all trust our fellow drivers and don't need to drive with one eye constantly in the rear view mirror.

We use the summer events to try to find a few more like minded drivers. We are of mixed pace, all we are looking for is gentlemen drivers who share our values towards racing and see LFS as a simulator and not a game.

If you would like to join us for any of the summer races or would be interested in joining us in September please visit our site and register.

http://www.gentlemen-drivers-club.net/

Our server is [S-D]Gentlemen Drivers Club

All races are on Sundays, qual starts at 20:00 CET

Race 1 - 21st July

Car : XFG/XRG
Track : South CIty Sprint 1 (SO2)
Qualifying : 1 Hotlap per race
Race Format : 2 x 24 lap races, race 1 all in xfg, race 2 all in xrg.
Pitstops : No pitlane at so2

Race 2 - 4th August.

Car : MRT
Track : Aston cadet + Reverse (AS1 and AS1R)
Qualifying : 5 mins per race
Race Format : 2 x 25 laps races, Race 1 on AS1, Race 2 on AS1R
Pitstops: 1 mandtory per race
Damage repair: Optional

Race 3 - 18th August

Car : FO8
Track : Kyoto Ring National (KY2)
Qualifying : 10 mins
Race Format : 2 x 16 laps, result of race one sets grid for race 2
Pistops : 1 Mandatory
Damage repair : Optional

Race 4 - 1st September

Cars : GT2 (FZR@20%/XRR@24%/FXR@23%) Free choice of which car you drive
Track : Aston National (AS3)
Qual: 10 mins
Race distance: 1 hour endurance
Pitstops: 1 Mandatory
Damage repair: Optional

Race 5 - 15th September

Cars : GTL (UFR@45%, XFR@43%) both cars must be used but its optional in which race you drive each car
Track : South City chicane route reverse (SO6R)
Qualifying : 1 Hotlap per race
Race Format : 2 x 18 lap races, Race 2 will be a reversed grid from race 1 results.
Pitstops: 1 Mandatory
Damage repair: Mandatory.

Any questions, please just ask

Thanks,

GDC
Thank you Badger!
I am a fairly new member of GDC and I wanted to let everyone who views this thread, how much I have enjoyed my time here! Everyone is very accepting and more than willing to coach, share sets and spend time on the server discussing the best line. I have improved my laptimes more than I ever thought possible, through sound advice and great competition.

If you are tired of poor competition and crazies on track, this may be the place for you as well. Join us for some practice and a few races, many Saturday's we like to get together for practice races and the administrators never disappoint with the variety of combo's.

Hope to see you on track!

MTnRunnr
Practice Report F08/Ky2
Had a good practice session today in the F08 on Ky2, [MRc]Fabl, Gav and Badger set the pace with me a second or better back. That is until Twiggy and then Stuart showed up.

A good session given the frustration with the F08, but started to feel somewhat in control by the end.

Stuart led the session with a blistering pace and by the way it was nice to see him on the server; then I remembered why I did not really miss him that much!

Here are the session times!

Stuart 1:27.77
Twiggy 1:29.24
[MRc]Fabl 1:30.51
Gav 1:31.87
Badger 1:31.98
MTnRunnr 1:32.69
#4 - Be2K
gonna try some Rounds today =)
Doubleheader this Sunday
Hope a few have decided to join us for the SO2 doubleheader this Sunday 21.July. This combo is a challenge for me, so I need a few guys to keep me company. To check the start time, please visit our website and check out the countdown clock!

http://www.gentlemen-drivers-club.net/

Our server is [S-D]Gentlemen Drivers Club

All races are on Sundays, qual starts at 20:00 CET

Car: XFG/XRG
Track : South CIty Sprint 1 (SO2)
Qualifying : 1 Hotlap
Race Format :
2 x 24 lap races, race 1 XFG, race 2 XRG.

Hope to see you on track!
MTnRunnr
#6 - Be2K
i hope that i dont missunderstood the time difference between your CET and our GMT+1, i think i'll never become totaly clear about it

Is this Correct ?

20:00:00 Tuesday July 21, 2013 in CET converts to
20:00:00 Tuesday July 21, 2013 in GMT+2 (Germany)
Just a bump for anyone interested in taking part so you get chance to sign up to the site to get the password to race. Anyone is welcome, your pace doesn't matter, the main thing we race for is good clean fun. Great place for anyone looking to start racing in regularly organised races/leagues.

Be2k, race is as you say this Sunday 20:00 (cet / gmt+2) or 19:00 in uk (gmt+1). We added the countdown timer to the website to save any confusion, if you look at the bottom right of http://www.gentlemen-drivers-club.net/ it gives a countdown to the start of qualifying.

Hope to see a few new faces on the track this Sunday
Sunday's Race's
I am glad that someone understands this time zone thing, personally, I have figured out the start time for me, but around daylight savings, I watch the countdown clock. It is a little different for me being in the US, we race at Noon my time.

Sorry I have been absent, schedule change and practice time that is evening for everyone else is rare except Saturdays. This Saturday I will be out of town, but will be on the server early Sunday for some much needed practice :eclipseeh

Looking forward to some great racing! :woohoo:

MTnRunnr
Well round one over and both great races, good to see some new faces and more importantly good to see nice clean racing.

Conrgrats to GenR Seb for back to back wins, also to Be2k for taking pole in qualifying. A great standard of driving in general looking forward to the next round.

Results :

Race 1 :

Race 2 :

Attached images
race_1.jpg
Race_2.jpg
#10 - Be2K
Yeah was fun to battle with Seb and Bozo. But Seb your are to constant with your Laptimes

But the advantage is on your side, i took a setupGrid Set and drove some Rounds with 1.03.9~ so i wasnt well prepared ;D
Just a reminder to anyone interested. Our final summer race is next week, here are the details!

Race 5 - 15th September

Cars : GTL (UFR@45%, XFR@43%) both cars must be used but its optional in whichrace you drive each car
Track : South City chicane route reverse (SO6R)
Qualifying : 1 Hotlap
Race Format : 2 x 18 lap races, Race 2 will be a reversed grid from race 1results.
Pitstops: 1 mandatory
Damage repair: Mandatory.

Hope to see you on track

Summer events
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG