The online racing simulator
Opening ports.
(27 posts, started )
Opening ports.
Hello,

I have opened ports, just I need some help on what ports to open.

My server runs on 63392, so what do I actually need to do? I haven't done this in quite a while so I don't remember well.
I got my server up and running but when I connect through the game it says: Connecting to server and later on says: ClientConnect: Connect Failed.
Though, after looking at the dedi server's program it shows: '' Guest wants to join''. Does this have anything to do with ports?
What router do you have?
#4 - kdo
When you want to join your server, go to "join a specific host" and "local" then Go if you didnt changed default port.
Quote from kdo :When you want to join your server, go to "join a specific host" and "local" then Go if you didnt changed default port.

But what if I want to make a dedicated server for everyone to join?

And my router is Thomson TG784.
Wait, do I have to open my computer's ports through firewall or the router ports?
David, I honestly thank you so much for your help, thanks to you I got my server working! <3
Okay, sad news. After a test it turned out that only I can connect to the server, connect failed for others. What to do?
Did you forward the ports on your router as both TCP & UDP?

May be the problem
I forwarded them as ''Any''. I had a choice of UDP, TCP and Any.
i took a look on my ports maybe this will be something to help
Attached images
accccccc.png
I'll just do two serprate ones, for TCP and UDP then. And I'll try again. I'll do it tomorrow as I'm headed to bed atm. Thanks for the help again <3.
Mine looks like this.

I can choose from the left - Any, TCP, UDP. I now did 63392 and 29339 to every single one, to UDP to Any and to TCP, yet still nobody can join. It simply times out.
Okay, I can join with my laptop into the server fine but when a friend of mine wants to join, it shows ''Guest wants to join'' in the console but times out for him.
You can join with ur laptop becouse its coming from same network!

hmm if you done it it should work.
Quote from david989898 :You can join with ur laptop becouse its coming from same network!

hmm if you done it it should work.

But it doesnt! Wait, I'll send a picture of my setup.cfg or whatever that is.
Here it is.

Anyhow, can the server's location affect it? Like does it have to merge with the original data files etc.

As you can see from the picture, it's not in LFS folder, yet LFS > SRVR instead. Is that wrong?
type this in //ip=

//ip=127.0.0.1

maybe it woks
Any idea what this means on line number 3? ;

// Lines starting with // are ignored.

MAYBE IT MEANS THAT LINES STARTING WITH // ARE IGNORED

Sigh.

--
Here, extremely stupid video to understand basics; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBqPzHEDzvo

Now whats needed, bind the private IP address @setup.cfg and forward the ports ànd specify the private IP address at the router NAT table. It's a 25 second handling.. Ffs...!

cargame.nl, I'm not sure that your comment make much sense either

Just tried some things...

commented line
//ip=127.0.0.1
Everthing works flawlessly, everyone can join, ...

/ip=127.0.0.1
Could not connect to master server

using my local IP
/ip=192.168.0.34
TCP Socket : bind failed

When it comes to port forwarding things are not as straight forward, every manufacturer is different. It may sound crazy, but I remember that /ip worked on my previous router I don't even understand why it would work there, but not on new one. You simply have to try everything that comes to your mind and when you find a working combination just leave it like that

@Ikskast
Looking at your posts, I'd say that simply your ports are not forwarded.
That routers interface looks pretty familiar.
Check router model and google how to forward ports.

Thomson TG782
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :cargame.nl, I'm not sure that your comment make much sense either

It did, because there is response.

//ip=random.number.non.sense is probably equivalent to /ip=0.0.0.0 but I am too lazy to actually go and test that. It also depends on operating system and then you have also the Great Windows Firewall. People have no idea what they are actually doing, thats the main issue. As a solution they invented uPnP
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :

@Ikskast
Looking at your posts, I'd say that simply your ports are not forwarded.
That routers interface looks pretty familiar.
Check router model and google how to forward ports.

Thomson TG782

Oh, after looking at the video I know what to do, let me go test it out.
My server doesn't even show up in the server list. What am I doing wrong? I forwarded just like in the video.
What is your server name?

When I host server from my computer, its not visible in hosts list for me, neither I can join it by hostname (while other can). The reason for that is that some routers don't allow connection to themself, so you have to join localy using IP and port.

Use this site to check if your port are really forwarded : http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
Leave IP as it is and put port which you use for your server.
*LFS dedicated server must be running at the time you are checking ports.

Opening ports.
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG