The online racing simulator
Aerodynamic question
(6 posts, started )
Aerodynamic question
hello

I have a question about the Aerodynamics in lfs.

I noticed that all 3d models of lfs cars have flat floors , so does this mean we have iven on road cars like uf1000 an advantage on Aerodynamics?
could be great to have an explenation on how aero works in lfs.

also my suggestion will be non flat floor give us some details underneath the cars please !

oh ya i almost forgot to ask .............. why non of the cars have suspensions ? whats holding the wheels
Quote from shimon-ifraimov : whats holding the wheels

Magic, the same that support the steering wheel on most cars

AFAIK, to check the aero you only can watch how it works in forces view (press F).
Quote from Whiskey :Magic, the same that support the steering wheel on most cars

AFAIK, to check the aero you only can watch how it works in forces view (press F).

F ? isnt this to look at force at each wheel , when acc\br\turn ?
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :F ? isnt this to look at force at each wheel , when acc\br\turn ?

Yes, but there are also light-purple and light-yellow forces which are lift and drag (seems like).
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :F ? isnt this to look at force at each wheel , when acc\br\turn ?

also shows downforce on front and rear wing. also with downforce there will be more force on the tyres
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :hello

I have a question about the Aerodynamics in lfs.

I noticed that all 3d models of lfs cars have flat floors , so does this mean we have iven on road cars like uf1000 an advantage on Aerodynamics?
could be great to have an explenation on how aero works in lfs.

also my suggestion will be non flat floor give us some details underneath the cars please !

oh ya i almost forgot to ask .............. why non of the cars have suspensions ? whats holding the wheels

Aerodynamics in lfs are rather simple, you can drive nose-up setups without averse effects. Even with a bric like uf1000 would have noticable lift if you set front ride height several centimetres higher than rear in real life. Ground-effects are not yet modelled in lfs. A Formula car (fox,fo8,bf1) in lfs with a ride-height of 7+ cm's has the same down-force generated as with 2cm ride-height, which is not correct.

Aerodynamic question
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG