The online racing simulator
Micropayments?
(3 posts, started )
#1 - troy
Micropayments?
Discuss!

Well ok at least some words: I think it would be an "easy" solution for the devs to make some additional money with demo racers getting bored and maybe buying a new car or track to have fun on, same with S1 users so they can access a bit more content. It would also make it a lot easier to just throw some new content out every once in a while, with the system we got right now they're always forced to group something together in big enough packs to warrant S3/S4 and so fort.

Downsides would be more work on the license side, I could imagine it would be a bit harder to make sure people do not drive with content they shouldn't be allowed to access, other then that I don't see a reason why this shouldn't be an option. We already got it on lfsworld with skinslots and HQ skins so why not expand it.
Again, one of the best parts of LFS is that by having the highest licence, you know that you can participate in EVERY race without additional downloading or payment.

If you made it inclusive (I suppose) where if you have S3 (for instance) you will have every bit of content that comes out, then it wouldn't be as bad. But having S3 and buying another car and track.. If I wanted to pay for every small amount of content, I'd join iRacing (I wouldn't actually, as the physics still suck, but for arguments sake!)

I still think that it would be a huge blow to LFS considering it would damage LFS' greatest asset of ease of use.
#3 - troy
Why not have a best of both worlds?

There is no need to stop grouping stuff in Stages, but why not let those who are willing to pay upfront for content be able to do so? I don't think it would make it any more messy then what we have already, if you buy S1 now you can't drive a lot of the content that is played online and the situation will be the same once S3 is out, there will be a lot of S2 licensed people not being able to play whatever content there will be in S3.

Micropayments?
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG