The online racing simulator
adjustable shine
(28 posts, started )
Quote from hereticlohani :Hello,

are reflections, specularity, glossiness handled numerically through the cfg file alone, or can we edit their maps directly? I don't have LFS on this computer, but I think I saw images that looked like spec maps where LFS was installed (within some sub-folders). I only have LFS Viewer on this computer. I can see images under the maps_info folder that look like attribute maps, but they're in jpg format. They can't be normal maps. What are they, and can we directly edit maps other than the diffuse maps and upload them? This would give us more control in creating skins with variable amounts of everything.

Thanks!

The reflections themselves are .dds textures, while the shininess is decided via cfg.txt as "Car Shine", that can be adjusted from 0.00 to 1.00 with 0.00 meaning the reflections are fully transparent and won't be visible, giving a matte look to anything that uses the reflections.
Quote from nikopdr :The reflections themselves are .dds textures, while the shininess is decided via cfg.txt as "Car Shine", that can be adjusted from 0.00 to 1.00 with 0.00 meaning the reflections are fully transparent and won't be visible, giving a matte look to anything that uses the reflections.

how come my cfg.txt has no car shine in it?
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :how come my cfg.txt has no car shine in it?

It must be broken somehow. You can delete it (after backing it up) to get a new one, and then compare them to see where that lines appears.

adjustable shine
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG