The online racing simulator
rFactor Grand Slam/ Rolex DP beta released
(16 posts, started )
Lol unfinished mod + rFactor = fail!
Actually, this mod feels about as good as it gets with rfactor, which i suppose isn't saying much. Still, I wouldn't be so quick to write it off. Feels much better than 98% of the mods i've tried....
I think I did give them a set of tires to try, but I'm not sure how much of it remains.
It feels closer to your work than anything I've tried.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Lol unfinished mod + rFactor = fail!

Is there really much need for you to go trolling in each and every thread relating to rFactor?

On-topic, I'll look forward to trying the mod out when I have a bit more time. If it's anything like the Corvette, I imagine I'll enjoy it immensely
Yes there is.

But being honest, this is an LFS Forum and rFactor fans should expect such. Just as if I went to rFactor forums and started singing the praises of LFS. I'd get my e-ass whooped within the hour.
#8 - 5haz
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Yes there is.

But being honest, this is an LFS Forum and rFactor fans should expect such. Just as if I went to rFactor forums and started singing the praises of LFS. I'd get my e-ass whooped within the hour.

Nobody is singing R-factor praises here though.

We know rFactor is infierior to LFS, we don't need to be told again.

LFS is unfinished, does that make it fail?
i re-installed rFactor for this tonight on the point that this is what was going to be the official game of Grand Am by iDT until it all fell apart. And its just rubbish compared to how i thought it would be.
Quote from 5haz :Nobody is singing R-factor praises here though.

We know rFactor is infierior to LFS, we don't need to be told again.

No but you know what I meant.. and LFS isn't a mod, so ssh.

btw HI ROB LOL
The car isn't perfect by any means, but it's actually drivable, and that's more than I can say for almost everything I've tried in rFactor.

With TC and SC off, things start to feel like they should. Trail braking gets the nose in without inducing the ISI death spin, rear end is controllable (and savable) under power, and Real Feel works.

Basically the way I judge a mod, or sim for that matter, is by how much I have to relearn my driving to either be fast, or just keep the car on the track. After all, every true sim out there is working towards the same goal, and ideally should all feel the same.

This DP mod, along with the Vette, are basically the only cars so far in rFactor that can be driven similar to the way I'd drive in iRacing or LFS, or the real world for that matter.

Jesus christ you are a joke.

Why don't you try and expand your vocabulary beyond the word 'fail'. I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone here when I say we're sick of it.

Why would anyone listen to your opinions anyway, you've played the demo for 5 mins whilst you were copying 30GB of junk across, great.
I played the demo at my house (on my rig), and I played a couple of mods at my freinds house. (His rFactor file was 30gb) He also voiced his opinion. His username is trebor901. (A couple of posts above)

Please read what I said correctly.

We're entitled to voice our opinions. May be repetetive yes, but so are rFactor threads on LFS forums. A new one seems to appear every day. Besides, I hardly use 'fail' that much, outside of jokey posts.

next!

(I have noticed a large proportion of your posts (in threads I have also posted in) are you moaning about something I've done that's not right in your eyes. Please, if I annoy you so much, ignore me - I don't post to start arguements, but it seems you can't resist the urge to pick up on anything. You boil your own blood)
heres what i think, rfactor has too many mods unorganised to join a server. but offline it is amazingly awsome.
I had a look and indeed they use my base tire grip curves, but sadly they dropped the believable peak slipangles of ~4 degrees which Todd Wasson let slip (gee only re reading do i see the pun!), in favour of uber flexible tires that peak between 5 and 16.5 degrees, which is not possible. Longitudinal slip peaks between 8 and 17% which is also on the high side probably. Load sensitivity was also changed to something I cannot approve, and speed affects grip a bit more than I'd risk putting in but not as bad as most mods. Camber is odd, the front gets 15% more grip at -3 camber, the rear grows 15% grip in just -1 deg of camber.

I'd say the cars won't have too much of that 'overstep limit = spin' behaviour due to the 'better' grip curve, but the car will move around a fair bit due to the flexible peaks. This might look and feel fairly alright, especially considering the poor combined slip physics in rFactor. Probably somewhat like GTR2 did feel a bit like you could yaw somewhat, just not very realistically, and with less over the limit death.

The car also seems very low on downforce if the HDV comments are right, just some ~1100lbs at 150mph at max settings. No idea on the real values, but if it is half well designed, it could have double that..

Notepad ruined most realism out of the tires, but as long as people enjoy it, at least 'my' grip curves remained and might be partly the reason for driving enjoyment
It is enjoyable, especially when you mix it in with the GT class cars from the SCC mod. Those cars may not be very realistic to drive, but they sure look pretty when you're blasting through a pack of them at Le Mans with everything on high.

And it sounds great too.

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG