The online racing simulator
Logitech Driving Force GT
(23 posts, started )
I have recently acquired a Logitech Driving Force GT, and have searched quite a lot for suitable information for it. Essentially, I would like to find out if there is a way to utilize the 'extra' features - mostly, the 'dial' supposedly meant for brake bias.

In personal experience, I installed the latest Logitech Profiler, and it detects the Driving Force GT as a DFP (Driving Force Pro)

To assist others, here is some interesting information about this wheel:

Quote :

Hi.

My name's Chris, and I work for Logitech. I'm the product manager for both the Driving Force GT and the G25, as well as the G-series keyboards and some other stuff. I'm the guy in the YouTube video explaining how the DFGT's new realtime adjustment dial feature works. Now that GDC is over and the wheel is actually announced, I'll try and answer some of the questions I've seen about it.

The Driving Force GT (DFGT) is a direct replacement for the Driving Force Pro. It is not intended to address the same customer as the G25.

The pedals base has the same external design, but the internals were modified slightly to improve reliability and precision. Much like the G25 pedals, the DFGT's are set up with two parts - the pedal arm turns a gear that is affixed over the potentiometer shaft rather than turning the pot directly. This means that excessive force (and the subsequent deformation of the plastic) on the pedals can no longer cause the potentiometer to move out of tolerance and produce erratic values. The performance of the DFGT's pedals should be significantly improved over the Driving Force Pro's.

The force feedback transmission is a double-reduction, single-motor system. The gear ratio has been modified such that it is much smoother and quieter than the DFP's. It also features a backlash-reduction main gear similar to the system used in the G25. It does not generate the same amount of torque that the G25 does, as it only has one motor, but it does deliver the same amount of torque as the DFP.

I'll pop in and answer further questions as I can during the week. It's been quite hectic leading up to the announcement, and I think it will only calm down a little now. Hopefully I can get some pics up of the internals as well.

(Above from http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=39269)

Logitech site: http://www.logitech.com/index. ... devices/4172&cl=us,en

In terms of setting this wheel up, I am probably going to try the DFP settings (haven't tried yet):
Quote :Quote:
Originally Posted by AJS
I got my new wheel today

From the old forum (Scawen) :

Driving Force Pro Settings :

Spring Effect Strength : 0 %

Damper Effect Strength : 0 %

Center Springt Strength : 0 %

LFS Settings :

Wheel turn : 900 °

Wheel turn compensation : 0.00 (Otherwise you won´t even get full 900 °)

Above from http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=198

First impressions though - this wheel is cool...
Videos of Driving Force GT
Quote from mariokart :I have recently acquired a Logitech Driving Force GT, and have searched quite a lot for suitable information for it. Essentially, I would like to find out if there is a way to utilize the 'extra' features - mostly, the 'dial' supposedly meant for brake bias.

You could set up some macros for the buttons with the Logitech profiler. No idea about the dial though. Depends on how it works. Does it send a analog signal or does it send "clicks" as it apparently has steps? On the latter case it should be doable to use it for brake balance macros.
Hi,

I have Logitech Driving Force gt and LFS.
I have tried it and it works, but no force.
Do u know how i can add force to my wheel/LFS?
Hi there, quick question - in LFS' Options > Controls > Axes / FF, is the "Force Feedback" set to "yes"?

If so, is the "Force Strength" (same screen in Options > Controls) set to value higher than "0"?

(FYI, if FF is set to "yes" you can adjust the value using the keys "," and ".".

If the above above isn't working let us know - and we'll see what else might be wrong...
-
(mikechml) DELETED by mikechml
I have a question about force strength (I have a DFGT too).First i set it to 52, now i have it at 35.I'm comfortable with 35, so I should keep it like this?

Thank you for response!
well, just keep it at a level thats comfortable for you. But set to 101% in the Logitech profiler, otherwise the Force Feedback is said to not act linear.

Or look here: LFS Manual
Hi im about too buy 1 of these wheels as they have been out for a while is there any common problems or glitches any relevent drivers needed with ps3 version or pc version just trying too get a feel for it before it arrives so i know how too get around issues.
After having a nightmare with my thrustmaster rgt pro ie paddles broken, and then catching alight when racing in lfs (yes alight ) im now going too try logitech i heard good reviews for this wheel what does the real world think?
Hi!

Quote from waynedru78 :[...]and then catching alight when racing in lfs

Thats taking realism to a whole new level!

You can download the drivers from here (choose your operating system): http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/441/4172?section=downloads

I can't comment on the wheel itself as I've never owned one. However, I down a Logitech Momo and G25/G27 and can only praise Logitech's customer support.
ok
Quote from mariokart :
In personal experience, I installed the latest Logitech Profiler, and it detects the Driving Force GT as a DFP (Driving Force Pro)

For anyone experiencing this problem, update the wheel drivers and the software.
Hi, I know this is a bit of a delay, but I would advise getting the DFGT as a starter wheel I've had mine for six months, and I've had no problems with it - I just wish I got the G27 now. XD Although, I do plan on making my own H-shifter and clutch at some time. ^_^
Hey everyone been reading through this thread and I am new to lfs. I have a quick question. How do I get full 900 degrees of rotation on the wheel. I am used to it from gt5. i tried what some have suggested here and turned the in game wheel setting to 900 and 0 on compensation and still nothing. thanks for the help in advance.
get the Logitech Profiler Software and change the settings in its menus
Quote from ACCAkut :get the Logitech Profiler Software and change the settings in its menus

I got the profiler and adjusted the settings to 900 degrees already and it still isnt 900degrees in game
Quote from KingKwentyne :I got the profiler and adjusted the settings to 900 degrees already and it still isnt 900degrees in game

Hi, there are two places in the profiler to set maximum rotation. Make sure that both are set to 900. I cant recall the exact places, but one should be under specific game settings and the other under global game settings (or something that sounds like that).
This is how i've assigned my buttons. If i rotate my dial anti-clockwise, i get the tyre information up, if i rotate it clockwise, i get the wheel damage.. etcetc, i have indicators assigned to the 'R2' and 'L2' buttons and many others.

for me everything works perfect
great wheel, but just a bit noisy and slow force feedback
Quote from frotto110 :great wheel, but just a bit noisy and slow force feedback

you got it on full power?
The only reason that it had 'slow FFB' is because it's worn out. When you try an out-of-the-box one (ie. purchased, removed it from it's packaging, and tried to use it immediately), it's a lot more responsive.

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG