The online racing simulator
Where is everyone
(39 posts, started )
Where is everyone
Hello racers,

after seeing pics of LFS online I knew I had to check this thing out. I've been playing for three days now and am loving it something nasty but I can't help wondering where everyone is and what the hell there are doing. Maybe I'm not getting the system but if you like racing others for example in the BMW F3 on the Blackwood track there is only about two hosts to choose from. After picking one I usually race my PB for an hour because no ones around and when people do show up they dont seem to race but to just act the fool (not irresponsibly but not really racing either). I've never seen a proper finish to end race with multiple drivers.

Tell me pls...am I on the wrong hosts, is this game for drift people only, are there hosts that noobs aren't invited to, is this more of a game for loners who want to race themselves, have all racers left to be replaced with "Check out the 1000hp on my Mitsubishi"-deciples, does a new world possibly open up when you reach WR +104% times? I hope I'm misssing something and there is some more depth to the LFS world. Or did I arrive to late and these are the dying embers of a magnificent simulator

Feedback much appreciated
Most servers with Blackwood on are sadly demo servers, where you usually don't findy good and cautious drivers. But seeing you have an S1 licence, you could try a a multi-class server, cargame.nl S1, which is quite populated in the evenings.

There is more action on S2 servers, although there have been only few good racing servers decently populated recently, despite there are lots of empty ones.
im the head of one of the more used fbm servers and our servers nearly to full capacity most of time,and 9/10 times there is an admin on to keep an eye on things.if you experience any problems on mrc servers then you can contact us at http://www.masterracecar.forumactif.com
Quote from thexlnc :Hello racers,

after seeing pics of LFS online I knew I had to check this thing out. I've been playing for three days now and am loving it something nasty but I can't help wondering where everyone is and what the hell there are doing. Maybe I'm not getting the system but if you like racing others for example in the BMW F3 on the Blackwood track there is only about two hosts to choose from. After picking one I usually race my PB for an hour because no ones around and when people do show up they dont seem to race but to just act the fool (not irresponsibly but not really racing either). I've never seen a proper finish to end race with multiple drivers.

Tell me pls...am I on the wrong hosts, is this game for drift people only, are there hosts that noobs aren't invited to, is this more of a game for loners who want to race themselves, have all racers left to be replaced with "Check out the 1000hp on my Mitsubishi"-deciples, does a new world possibly open up when you reach WR +104% times? I hope I'm misssing something and there is some more depth to the LFS world. Or did I arrive to late and these are the dying embers of a magnificent simulator

Feedback much appreciated

Welcome to the world of LFS, m8 your probably racing on wrong servers, try out AA Demo FBM or AA Blackwood FBM if you like FBM or then MRc servers as bish said, im sure theres lot of people there and almost always a admin to keep the servers clean, and at AA servers there are FBM events at tuesday, thursday and saturday when most of the clean and good drivers meet up for some 12lap and saturday 44lap races! Hope to see you on track!

-[AA] Cride
Xllnt guys..thx for the quick feedback. I guessed I was probably hangin out at the wrong places but if I list the hosts now, I only get 6 hosts I can join, of which two are in the carpark while the other four are almost empty. Am I possibly doing something wrong? I can't find AA or MRC?
Check the server list filters are correct. Are you using version 0.6B?
Quote from thexlnc :Xllnt guys..thx for the quick feedback. I guessed I was probably hangin out at the wrong places but if I list the hosts now, I only get 6 hosts I can join, of which two are in the carpark while the other four are almost empty. Am I possibly doing something wrong? I can't find AA or MRC?

At the server list do you have any of the car names right of the track name red or blue so it has some filters on? If is then click it until its black like others and refresh, also remember to have "public" yes. Hope this helps
Quote from Crizze :...Hope this helps

Just a minute while I facepalm myself Thx dude...see u all at the track
Quote from thexlnc :Just a minute while I facepalm myself Thx dude...see u all at the track

No problem, see you on track
also you will see a little outline of a car at the top of the list if you click that it will put the list in order of servers with the most people on,

good luck and have fun
Oh yes.. The so called 3 and 4 lap *cough* races nowadays.

If something went downward then it would be on demo.

But hey, ppl want it.
lol, looks good.

For someone thinking about buying s2, don't do it. Not worth it.

This game is soooo dead.
Attached images
lollfs.jpg
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :lol, looks good.

This game is soooo dead.

Are you kidding?
Quote from cargame.nl :Oh yes.. The so called 3 and 4 lap *cough* races nowadays.

If something went downward then it would be on demo.

But hey, ppl want it.

whats wrong with 3-4 lap races?.... is it that they attract so many racers,also there are servers with restrictions so that only people with good enough !rt can race to ensure a smooth enough race..
no-one expects you to have any kind of idea about these servers with only 5 laps ever done in the fbm
Quote from Speed Senna :Are you kidding?

he right man

only busy times in lfs are 4pm-7pm than it dead.
and even in busy times, only 1 or 2 populated race servers..

wtf is the point
Quote from bishtop :
no-one expects you to have any kind of idea about these servers with only 5 laps ever done in the fbm

What has FBM got to do with it? It's even more ridiciolous with a FBM. Talking about 4 minutes here... 4 minutes! Racing is about tension, fights .. Not cruise around from traffic light to traffic light barely making the tires warm.

I also have multiple accounts. My old demo account has 4400 laps.
http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=stats&racer=nl2dav

So yes I do know what I am talking about. I first started a STD server on demo 2.5 years back with 7 laps and mandotory pit stop and it was full every day.

3 laps has not much to do with racing and it's because Worry made that limitation otherwise it would be 2. Wait. It was 2.

Quote from cargame.nl :But hey, ppl want it.

And on that bombshell I will let it rest.

Quote from cargame.nl :What has FBM got to do with it? It's even more ridiciolous with a FBM. Talking about 4 minutes here... 4 minutes! Racing is about tension, fights .. Not cruise around from traffic light to traffic light barely making the tires warm.

So yes I do know what I am talking about. I first started a STD server on demo 2.5 years back with 7 laps and mandotory pit stop and it was full every day.

3 laps has not much to do with racing and it's because Worry made that limitation otherwise it would be 2. Wait. It was 2.

you start with that again?
I think you do not understand, you prefer the long race, good for you. but know that everyone does not think like you.
I prefer the short race as long race and boring
We are free to do what we want, whether you're happy or not. this is just a game.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :lol, looks good.

This game is soooo dead.

No. LFS is still about leagues, not public 24/7 racing. The fact server list is full of drift/cruise servers doesn't make LFS dead. There are still epic full grid league races every weekend so imo LFS isn't dead at all.
Quote from bishtop :no-one expects you to have any kind of idea about these servers with only 5 laps ever done in the fbm

Do u mean me with the five laps? I've been playin mostly offline because I'd prefer to achieve decent lap times before dumping all over the servers. I'm 3 secs off WR on most tracks and having me in front of them will piss seasoned racers off big time. When I'm within a second of WR, I'll intensify online racing but for the moment I'll spare myself the hassle of mixing with the fools on the noob servers. Unbearable yesterday.

Thx for all the feedback u guys, judging by this the game is far from dead. Think I'll treat myself to the aul' S2
If you choose a car and track combo and then filter to it, you'll probably get small numbers of players. I tend to turn the filters off and order by number of players connected, then scroll down the list until I find a combo I like the look of The sooner I bite, the more company I get

Then there's places like cargame.nl, with mixed classes - that helps to get more players on track at the same time.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :
This game is soooo dead.

The game is not dead, its alive for very small number of people
Quote from thexlnc :Do u mean me with the five laps? I've been playin mostly offline because I'd prefer to achieve decent lap times before dumping all over the servers. I'm 3 secs off WR on most tracks and having me in front of them will piss seasoned racers off big time. When I'm within a second of WR, I'll intensify online racing but for the moment I'll spare myself the hassle of mixing with the fools on the noob servers. Unbearable yesterday.

Thx for all the feedback u guys, judging by this the game is far from dead. Think I'll treat myself to the aul' S2

no didnt mean you dude also s2 is worth buying from my experience
Quote from cargame.nl :What has FBM got to do with it? It's even more ridiciolous with a FBM. Talking about 4 minutes here... 4 minutes! Racing is about tension, fights .. Not cruise around from traffic light to traffic light barely making the tires warm.

still not many laps on other account.plus also 3-4 laps is good for people without that much experience in lfs,the demo servers are set for new racers but there are servers which cater for the more experienced racers.
i talk from recent experience on the servers and a lot of it..
As you will see from my lap counts i do a lot of racing on them at the present time
1/6th of all the servers are usually empty. that means about 600 empty servers. Unpopulated servers are the first signs of a dying game, Followed by Lack of Dev Communication, followed by fewer updates and longer time between updates, I could keep naming things that show how dead LFS really is.

Fact of the matter is, it has been over 3 years since the Scirocco was announced. (Thu, Dec 11th, 2008 19:10>Announcing VW Scirocco)

It's going on 2.5 years since the tyre physics was announced (Fri, Aug 21st, 2009 20:30>New Tyre Physics)

AND, same can be said for Rockingham (Mon, Sep 21st, 2009 17:30>Rockingham coming to LFS)

Devs announced 3 major additions and updates to LFS that have yet to be released.

I hate thinking LFS is dead, but the evidence is adding up with every passing day.
LFS IS NOT dead, it's a troll simulator. That's all.

Where is everyone
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG