The online racing simulator
wait, but if i download it again, does it work?
Quote from Dajmin :We'll need some more info first, like what graphics card you're using, what version of the driver's you're running, etc. Has it started recently or has it always done it?

wait, but if i download it again, does it work?
I'm not sure I know what you mean.
Does it work when you re-download it? Only you can answer that
Will it work if you download it again? That really depends what's gone wrong.

If a fresh LFS install works then it's likely you've modified or moved a vital file.

If it doesn't then it's more likely to be something related to your computer. It says graphics drivers so I think it's an unsupported graphics card, outdated or unsupported drivers or a problem with the actual hardware.
Quote from Dajmin :I'm not sure I know what you mean.
Does it work when you re-download it? Only you can answer that
Will it work if you download it again? That really depends what's gone wrong.

If a fresh LFS install works then it's likely you've modified or moved a vital file.

If it doesn't then it's more likely to be something related to your computer. It says graphics drivers so I think it's an unsupported graphics card, outdated or unsupported drivers or a problem with the actual hardware.

ahhh,thanks!

i will try first,,to download and install

if didn't work again, that means the problem is not the lfs? its my com. right? but how i can solve?
If it fails more than once then the chances are it's not LFS.

It could be any number of things though. Post your computer specs here (CPU, RAM and gfx card) and that might help.
ok, this thread is very old but maybe if someone googles and finds it (i just did) it might be helpful:

just had the same error and was confused because lfs always worked fine.. then i remembered i had turned off direct draw accelerations to play some older game that did not work with it turned on.
tada, lfs worked again.

so go to start->run-> "dxdiag"->ok
"display/graphic" tab -> check if direct draw and direct 3d are enabled.
everyone that actually needed help in this thread is now no longer welcome

first guy might be troll? then got sick of it so he said it works now, and second guy just has no response
I have same problem, i installed Windows 7, but i didn't find wheres write my internet protocol's, so i reinstalled Windows XP, and then i can't run all games, then i run LFS it says : Probable error in graphics driver. To other games : i click 2x on run icon, and it do nothing, what me do ? Guys help!! !!
I have the same problem, but heres the funny thing. I WAS able to play it on Vista. However, i recently upgraded to windows 7 on the same computer and now it has a "probable error in graphics" issue and cant start the game. Any other possible solutions?
Yep, get the proper drivers for your card from the manufacturers web site.
The default Win7 drivers are utter crap.
Quote from shorty943 :Yep, get the proper drivers for your card from the manufacturers web site.
The default Win7 drivers are utter crap.

yep 1+
had the same problem...new driver and all good...
1. Click the Start button and go to "Run". Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.
2. Go into the "Monitor" tab and check what graphics card you got.
3. Go to Google.com and search for drivers to your card (i.e "nvidia 8800GT drivers" or "radeon hd 6870 drivers")
4. Install the drivers, and reboot. Try starting the game.
5. If it still fails to start, try running dxdiag once more, and see if it reports any problems.
-
(SiberTurk) DELETED by SiberTurk : I don't think like I did when I wrote it anymore
According to your user profile, your are using a GeForce4 MX 4000, which was probably ok in 2003, when it was launched, but would be almost useless for anything with any half decent graphics in the last 10 years, especially as the card only supports DirectX 7.0.

There's no reason why the developers should support anything that old. It's like asking Microsoft to keep supporting Windows 3.1, considering they stopped supporting Win7 early last year.

Couple of years ago, LFS may have been able to run on a computer equivalent to a potato, but you're trying to run the game on a fossalized goat turd.

Found this on eBay, which explains what others think of MX4000.
Guys, don't worry about this guy, I found a solution for you Smile There is a program called Swift Shader, research it.
Thanks to the program, you will not get any errors, just add 2 files to the game directory and run the game, that's all for me.
Quote from sinanju :According to your user profile, your are using a GeForce4 MX 4000, which was probably ok in 2003, when it was launched, but would be almost useless for anything with any half decent graphics in the last 10 years, especially as the card only supports DirectX 7.0.

There's no reason why the developers should support anything that old. It's like asking Microsoft to keep supporting Windows 3.1, considering they stopped supporting Win7 early last year.

Couple of years ago, LFS may have been able to run on a computer equivalent to a potato, but you're trying to run the game on a fossalized goat turd.

Found this on eBay, which explains what others think of MX4000.

my friend, everyone's economic situation is not good, not every country, I would like to play on a 2021 model graphics card, but our economy does not allow

A MINOR FIX: GeForce4 is 128MB and has DirectX 9 support

"Probable Error in graphics driver" Help? :)
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG