The online racing simulator
someone has steal my server name! why there is no name rights in lfs
hi

yesterday my vps got ddosing and my host is down, someone has open server with same name and he is give people bans

how to get my server name back ? and how to protect the server name ?

there is no Name server Rights in live for speed ?

--sorry for my english
I agree there should be some sort of name registration at LFSw where you then get a code to plug into your config file
Quote from Bmxtwins :I agree there should be some sort of name registration at LFSw where you then get a code to plug into your config file

So a random person would immediately register cargame.nl S2 and the real owner would have to use another name?
wouldn't it be common sense to screen host names of popular hosts to the rightful owner?
Quote from Flame CZE :So a random person would immediately register cargame.nl S2 and the real owner would have to use another name?

maybe something like teams now, you have to apply and then Victor verify your team. Same could be for server names
Dave could apply with name "cargame.nl" and then noone will be able to use that string in his hostname, neither "cargame.nl S2", neither "S3 cargame.nl", ...
what I mean is to check whole servername, not just begining.

But for example some common names like "drift", "race", "cruise", wont be able to protect
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :maybe something like teams now, you have to apply and then Victor verify your team. Same could be for server names
Dave could apply with name "cargame.nl" and then noone will be able to use that string in his hostname, neither "cargame.nl S2", neither "S3 cargame.nl", ...
what I mean is to check whole servername, not just begining.

But for example some common names like "drift", "race", "cruise", wont be able to protect

That what i'm talking about . They should put registration for server names with his license for ex only my license should open "live for hagwalah" or just the clan tag [LFH] . my english is bad i can't explain well but i hope you got the point
I think a token system would be the best bet. If a server attempted to register to the master server with a name that he didn't possess the correct token for.. the master server refuses the connection.

This way the token can be revoked (from LFSW for instance), and people with rented servers/hosts don't risk putting their LFS password in plain text on a unknown box.
Well it's happen to me many times again

i hope victor make a registration system soon

now if they want my server name they do ddosing and open the host with my name server "Live For Hagwalah" and people join that server and got bans they thous it's me!
Again the name of my server stolen

Live For Hagwalah

It happened to me too. And few weeks ago, and month ago .... again again again...

And Eg.
Mine: BlaBla ||| Rally Hacker opens: BlaBla ||| Formula
again it's stolen developers should do somthing about this thing

registration system or anything

now different person open the server with the same name

got enough

someone has steal my server name! why there is no name rights in lfs
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG