The online racing simulator
Quote from Gabkicks :I feel like i deserve a cookie for understanding that. haha

You do deserve one.
Quote from The Moose :I'm not saying this in any sort of rFactor hater style, but really the only mods that are good are HistoriX, The Caterhams and the Corvette.

Then again if you've never played iRacing or nKPro you may be a little more forgiving about what you call good mods

The HistoriX mod is just beautiful to drive.

Dead Men Racing are running a HistoriX server most evenings now, and we're having a ball with it. It is private though so anyone wanting to join in the fun should sign up at the DMR forums for the password.

There's a list of the tracks we are using (more will be added as we go) and a place to download them (so we don't get any of the endless mismatch problems) in the fourm.

The link to the forums is in my sig.
Come along and enjoy some clean,fair and fun racing with us.
The more the merrier!

EDIT:- You need a copy of GT legends to install the HistoriX mod as it used Simbins car models. It doesn't install GTL or starforce, it just checks that you have a valid copy, that's all. GTL can be picked up for next to nothing these days.

Thanks I'll check it out...
Quote from bbman :What he means is when traction levels drop quite a bit after peak slip, you get the uncounterable spin effect if you go past the limit... With every degree angle you're over the limit the traction falls more, causing more angle and so on... GTR was legendary for this behaviour, GTR2 had it too as far as I know...

Problem is many modders still believe this to be true, only a handful like Niels show how it should be done, and the success of their mods speak for themselves...

i couldnt agree more with u on that issue, that was the great problem of GTR!!! in real life u should not have that uncontrollable spin effect.
I don't really know.. there are a few more models in development but to be honest their graphical qualities aren't that high, and I don't know what the plans are. I jumped in because vehicles with roughly a 1 horsepower per kg figure got to be interesting..
Is Rfactor worth £3.75? (i was thinking GTL with better physics is probably worth the price of a pint)
Physics in GTL ain't that good really. rFactor with HistoriX is a lot better (at least if you get everything configured properly).
Quote from BigPeBe :Physics in GTL ain't that good really. rFactor with HistoriX is a lot better (at least if you get everything configured properly).

That's why he said "GTL with better physics". It's the GTL cars with improved physics.
Ah if so, my English fails again. I stand corrected.
A little HistoriX action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpmIYPmP6Ns

To be honest i could have posted a vid from so many races we've had recently that have finished as closely.

There really is some fantastic racing to be had with this mod. I'm in love
If a month ago you'd told me i would love rFactor i'd have said you were insane.
I'm so glad i gave it one last chance. If only other mod makers put the effort in that the HistoriX guys have.

Don't forget to head over to the dMr forums rFactor section if you want to join us for some quality racing most evenings (UK time)
http://www.deadmen.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=333
Quote from SilverArrows77 :Havent driven cadwell before either, appears to have some nice elevations to it :

Cadwell is one of the best tracks I've (virtually) raced on. Every type of corner and loads of elevation changes.

I believe the rFactor version is a GPL conversion. It may be old but it looks pretty sweet and is a dream to drive. (once we edited the grip level. It's far to high in the original release. If anyone out there has Cadwell, try editing the Cadwell.gdb file. Change RoadGripDry=1.18 to RoadGripDry=1.00.. much better )
Quote from The Moose :A little HistoriX action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpmIYPmP6Ns

To be honest i could have posted a vid from so many races we've had recently that have finished as closely.

There really is some fantastic racing to be had with this mod. I'm in love
If a month ago you'd told me i would love rFactor i'd have said you were insane.
I'm so glad i gave it one last chance. If only other mod makers put the effort in that the HistoriX guys have.

Don't forget to head over to the dMr forums rFactor section if you want to join us for some quality racing most evenings (UK time)
http://www.deadmen.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=333

Nice bit of PR there Stu. Just a point of order, if you want to join us look for FinnglishRacing in the lobby.
Dead Men Racing have not adopted this sim ...yet.
it's nice to see, that there will be an update of cadwell. it's a great track, but the current rfactor version is a little aged imho.

http://www.virtualr.net/cadwell-park-2009-first-previews/

do you race at deadmen racing on particular weekdays? because i would like to join. I can't see any schedule in the forum-link you posted, moose. unfortunately i do have very little time to race and often i see no historix server with enough racers to join in the lobby.

edit:
lol, sueyside was faster
Sadly Cadwell makes, if memory serves, no sense because there is 18% more grip than usual. God knows what the creator / convertor was thinking. Its like giving slicks to normal cars and super qualifiers to racing cars..
Quote from Fetzo :
do you race at deadmen racing on particular weekdays? because i would like to join. I can't see any schedule in the forum-link you posted, moose

Every day from approx 7.00pm UK time. Some days are a bit quieter than others, but there's nearly always a few of us on.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :Yes Moose noted this and said they had been running with a modifed GDB - ive been running Cadwell only today (with the Vette), with default GDB, and then with GDB settings recommended by Moose (1.0) and it certainly is better reduced. Mismatch online obviously (unless server running same GDB i guess?) but at moment im happy lapping it offline anyway

Cool, indeed its a challenging place! Lets hope that new version is more accurate and we're in for lots of virtual hospital visits.
Rfactor feels the most attached to the road to me, like the BMW 320 E21 mod..... just amazing the way it feels with the G25 at outon park.

LFS just feels to loose on the track, i dont feel in real control or feel the limit untill i see the car start to slide but Rfactor gives me great feedback like i can almost feel the tyres shifting around under the car.

Like the starting topic with the caterhams on Rfactor, it feels real and i get goose bumps in the tuned ones because even flat out down a straight you feel evevations in the road that makes you lift off the throttle or you just might lose the arse end lol, i dont get that with LFS.

Maybe its how i have got LFS setup not sure but im open ears and eyes to make it feel like a real car with the G25, thought i did at one point such a shame.

Slow Mo Rfactor Vids............http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B37XixENeUI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8hVKo4tV_c

R FACTOR MUSTS..... CENTERING SPRING 25% NO PROFILER AND LEO'S PLUGIN + RACE 07 FFB INI ONLY... 100%FFB FOR MOST MODS + FULL EFFECTS.
I'm having some difficulties setting up the steering wheel (dfp) in rFactor.

I can't seem to get it 100% linear, to make the virtual steering wheel on the screen to match the physical steering wheel in my hands. It matches the movement around straight ahead +-90 degrees each way, but after that i have to turn the dfp much more than the virtual wheel. Is there any way to fix this?

Also, I've heard RealFeel is a must, and all that, but frankly, I like the feedback from the wheel better without it. Not as good as in LFS, but still better than using the plugin.
Open the controller.ini file of your user profile and go to 'steering wheel range'
change that to 900 or whatever you want.

Rfactor vs LFS ... pretty impressive
(526 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG