The online racing simulator
OK, so is this right?

WITH: bugged
WITHOUT: fixed

Can you other people with the problem test this as well? I will take the offset feature out if that's the whole problem.
Quote from tigerboyz :OK, so is this right?

WITH: bugged
WITHOUT: fixed

Correct. Thank you very much!
5.6b is now released, mostly a bugfix version. See first post for download link.

- CHANGE: 1 gear kickdown is now faster (mostly for economic mode)
- CHANGE: project1.exe now closes automatically when exiting shifter
- FIX: removed a new feature from 5.5 that was causing problems
- FIX: sport mode had incorrect "redline" (HighestRPM) values in the supplied config folder

Note: if you want to keep your button/key mapping, backup your config\default_shiftercfg.ini
do this work in demo?? it's saying car not loaded or LFS paused
Quote from valtra6 :do this work in demo?? it's saying car not loaded or LFS paused

It will work for demo if the outgauge window works (project1.exe). I've never tried it in demo mode, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. If you were on track and it said that error, it means the outgauge window hasn't gotten the info from LFS, so it's likely that you didn't set up the port in LFS cfg (read the included readme.txt for instructions).
Quote from Forbin :Most racing games don't bother trying to accurately simulate an automatic transmission because:

A) it's boring
B) it removes a level of control from the driver
C) anyone who uses it is an incompetent clod

:chair:
Another problem here

The Cars won't shift ind 5th and 6th Gear

First 4 gears are working fine

I have the newest version from the 1st post
It's because you need to change number of gears in settings.
Quote from Cassius85 :Another problem here

The Cars won't shift ind 5th and 6th Gear

First 4 gears are working fine

I have the newest version from the 1st post

By default all cars are set at 4 speed, did u change it? you have to change it for each car the first time u take it out thats probably why
Found it thx !
It doesn't work.......
I have lfs opened and when i start hte LFSShifter.exe it says
"Car not loaded or LFS paused,please go on the track first,then click ok.
Quote from uploader :It doesn't work.......
I have lfs opened and when i start hte LFSShifter.exe it says
"Car not loaded or LFS paused,please go on the track first,then click ok.

That error shows when the outgauge window shows "---" in the boxes. The --- will turn into numbers and stuff once you get on track, and if not, you didn't follow instructions in the readme (section 2: installation) I guess.
works with z28 too ?
Yes it works in z28, and should work for future versions until outgauge is updated/changed or something.
-
(BMB) DELETED by BMB : I solved it out fast :-)
Hi all
I have tried to get this mod to work, but with no luck! i do as the readme says, i then start the game, load the track and car but i get a window come up saying "Car not loaded or LFS paused, please go on track first, then click ok" and i do so and the window keeps popping up.
Any help or advice?

Cheers
Nath
Quote from Stinkbomb521 :Hi all
I have tried to get this mod to work, but with no luck! i do as the readme says, i then start the game, load the track and car but i get a window come up saying "Car not loaded or LFS paused, please go on track first, then click ok" and i do so and the window keeps popping up.
Any help or advice?

Cheers
Nath

did you do as the readme said? about the outgauge thing?. you have to change something in the lfs cfg file so that the transmission simulator can read from lfs if u dont do this then it cant communicate with lfs. hmm maybe try adding it to your firewall for free access just incase its getting blocked locally
Any help or advice?

Cheers
Nath

what port are u using for the outgauge?
Win 7
hello
the programm starts but i can't see the programm
i used windows 7 ultimate, is thats the problem
please help me, thanks
Quote from 7enX :tigerboyz, i don't know what to do. But it still downshifts when get the powerrate... downshits from 1st to the neutral for sure. I manually raise it to 3,4 but it continue to lower my gear. I'am using your last version and z28. And dont' know how to help myself. And please, tell me the sense of the hold gear if i could do everything like in a simple manual but it all the same downshifts at the max rate. Waiting for your reply.. thanks.

Hold gear is useful as it changes up when you get to redline and its easier for me to hit it into hold gear when I want to use manual changes as I am a cruiser and sometimes I might want to have a little blast then stick it back to auto than to minimize lfs and close the app. Mine seems to like to go into N and R a lot more when I stop than it used to do
erroe reading from outgauge window (project1.exe)

Whats this?
Any help or advice?

Cheers
Nath

Same here :/
#147 - SJB
Try to start LFSShifterV5.6b.exe first and then LFS.exe

Go to a server (or open a singleplayer game) and join the track with a car

Hit then retry and OK at LFSShifter

Edit: I made a "real" sport config for xrt now:
Quote :[THROTTLE CONFIG]
NextGearSensitivity=85
NextGearSensitivity2=90
NextGearSensitivity3=95
FlooredGearSensitivityLow=95
FlooredGearSensitivityHigh=96
[RPM CONFIG]
NextGearRPMSensitivity=6900
NextGearRPMSensitivity2=6950
NextGearRPMSensitivity3=7000
FlooredRPMSensitivityLow=0
FlooredRPMSensitivityHigh=5000
TooLowRPM=4500
HighestRPM=7241
[OTHER]
ShiftTime=150
KickdownToFirst=1
SpeedForFirstGear=60
NoShiftNextGearTime=800
WaitAfterFloorShiftsLow=100
WaitAfterFloorShiftsHigh=1200
[KICKDOWN]
kick2=4000
kick3L=0
kick3H=5000
kick4L=2800
kick4H=5000
kick5L=2500
kick5H=5000

- Shifts up with 85% throttle @6900rpm and with 100% throttle @7241rpm (default sport config shifts up @5000rpm with 50% throttle - it nerves especially in corners...)
- Shifts down for better acceleration at kick down under 5000rpm (default sport config shifts down under 4000rpm - no acceleration at corner exit after it shifted up in the corner...)

Dont forget to switch from economic to sport - LFSShifter starts with economic config

Edit2: Dont forget to change CarGears= from 4 to 5 in XRT_shiftercfg.ini

Regards, SJB
What are the joy buttons? cant seem to find them
The joy buttons are your wheel/joystick buttons.

Automatic Transmission Simulator (v5.6b)
(251 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG