The online racing simulator
Xbox360 Controller guide
(67 posts, started )

Poll : Make this into a sticky?

Yes
No
Help...
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Wireless controller, Is there anyway i can use that on my pc?

You will not be able to use the XBCD drivers on the xbox 360 wireless controller unless they release wireless xbox 360 controller drivers.
But you will be able to use it, just without the XBCD drivers.

Quote from akheirax :I have the Xbox360 wireless controller. Will this guide work?

I sort of answered this above, but just to clarify, no you will not be able to use the XBCD drivers on the xbox 360 wireless controller yet.

Quote from Karbine :need some help with making a gamepad less twitchy.

In the LFS Options in the Controller section, just adjust the steering wheel degrees.

P.S. I used the XBCD drivers but then uninstalled them and went back to the default windows drivers. I did this because the XBCD driver converts the Force Feedback to Vibration Feedback, so in games like Crysis it won't work because there isn't Force Feedback because it is built-in with Vibration Feedback for your xbox 360 controller or any other controller (Because is a "Games For Windows" game).

Anyway, happy xbox 360 controllering
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :You will not be able to use the XBCD drivers on the xbox 360 wireless controller unless they release wireless xbox 360 controller drivers.
But you will be able to use it, just without the XBCD drivers.

I sort of answered this above, but just to clarify, no you will not be able to use the XBCD drivers on the xbox 360 wireless controller yet.

In the LFS Options in the Controller section, just adjust the steering wheel degrees.

P.S. I used the XBCD drivers but then uninstalled them and went back to the default windows drivers. I did this because the XBCD driver converts the Force Feedback to Vibration Feedback, so in games like Crysis it won't work because there isn't Force Feedback because it is built-in with Vibration Feedback for your xbox 360 controller or any other controller (Because is a "Games For Windows" game).

Anyway, happy xbox 360 controllering

the minimum is 90, way too much. There's no damping for gamepads, so you have twitchy superhuman steering ability. Isn't there anything that can be done with joy2key or something? :/
#28 - CSU1
I do not know about the current problems specific to XB controllers, and I did post this gamepad guide some time ago, hope it helps.
Quote from Karbine :the minimum is 90, way too much. There's no damping for gamepads, so you have twitchy superhuman steering ability. Isn't there anything that can be done with joy2key or something? :/

If you go on LFS, go to options,misc "Analog Steer Smooth" Put it all the way to the right, and then tweak from there how u want it
If you've followed the instructions exactly it should work fine.
It's been a while since I set mine up now, but my only real problem was that I had to separate them. Of course you might also need to uninstall the drivers it installed by default too.

What exactly is the problem you're having?
#31 - ssm
I think that there is a cure for twitchy-ness and overcorrection while racing....

Just go to XBCD settings, click the windows tab, and take the farthest left axes and tone it down to "96".
DriveFX Racing Wheel.
I have a XBox DriveFX Racing Wheel. I put it into my computer, which it found!!! But the thing is I cant it setup on LFS. The steering is OK but the pedals don't seem to work right. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
#33 - 13OB
Quote from atlantian :
go to the start menu and right click on my computer

go to properties

go to hardware tab

go to device manager

expand "XBOX 360 Peripherals"

right click "xbox 360 controller for windows"

click update driver

select "install from a list or a specific location"

select "don't search, i will choose the driver to install"

select"XBOX 360 GAME PAD" and then click next

I cant get this bit to work. Ive installed everything and followed the steps but when i go to select the driver is says "Unable to find any drivers for this device".
#34 - ssm
#35 - 13OB
That link doesnt work ssm. But ive tried other drivers from the microsoft website but they dont work either, so ive came to the conclusion that my computer fails.
Hi all,

I'm having problems xbcd v1.07 installed and the profile you uploaded. I opened the file and applied it to my profile.

I loaded up lfs and its not doing anything with my pad what do i need to do next?

I clicked options then on xbcd xbox and saw a few buttons already set up that i had fiddled with before your xgi you uploaded what do i need to do/ have missed?

Thanks,

GM
Hey i done everything. Installed the driver and the patch.

I renamed the .txt file to .xgi etc etc

Then opened the setup utility and opened the xgi file.

Got ingame to program my buttons and the triggers wont work.

Can someone go through it or tell me what ive done wrong.

Thanks. (Im an lfs noob haha)
#38 - ssm
Quote from GhostMjr :Hi all,

I'm having problems xbcd v1.07 installed and the profile you uploaded. I opened the file and applied it to my profile.

I loaded up lfs and its not doing anything with my pad what do i need to do next?

I clicked options then on xbcd xbox and saw a few buttons already set up that i had fiddled with before your xgi you uploaded what do i need to do/ have missed?

Thanks,

GM

You go into control options and click wheels and pedals.

remember to click "apply" after you load the xgi, and restart the computer.

Quote from adampower :Hey i done everything. Installed the driver and the patch.

I renamed the .txt file to .xgi etc etc

Then opened the setup utility and opened the xgi file.

Got ingame to program my buttons and the triggers wont work.

Can someone go through it or tell me what ive done wrong.

Thanks. (Im an lfs noob haha)

Did you click apply and restart your computer?
it' possible to slow the wheel in the game?
#40 - CSU1
Lately, I've been having problems which hadn't occured earlier... I had followed that guide and had succesfully installed my Xbox 360 controller and worked perfectly, even rumble! But, after a reinstalltion of the XBCD and original drivers (computer problems) my pad doesn't have rumble. Although it works perfectly, rumble can't be enabled no matter what game I play. Does anybody know what the problem may be or do they have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

[EDIT]
The message error I get says:
CreateEffect Failed (2 Axis).
Could not setup FFB device.
#42 - WSR
I've installed my wired 360 controller ages ago using that xbcd guide and it's working perfectly...

[EDIT: Make sure you follow everything the guide says exactly, be fastidious.]

I've found that if you increase the Analogue Steer Smooth in Options>Misc, to about 0.5 or so, it helps to reduce the twitchyness of the controller when steering. Also, make sure that you are steering smoothly yourself on the actual controller, as it doesn't help the Smoothing if you are constantly jerking the controller from side to side, driving a car isn't like that, especially in LFS.

What you put in = how quick/slow you are in LFS.

Smooth inputs from both triggers, careful smooth steering and focus are the key to getting the best out of your humble 360 controller, before getting an actual wheel controller (i.e. G25 or even Microsoft 360 racing wheel).
I am just having problems with the vibration, I've already set up the smoothness. Plus, I have a DFP but I want the contoller because I sometimes feel bored to attach the wheel. So, does anyone know anything about rumble?
#44 - WSR
Okay, just to be sure, have you installed the Microsoft 360 controller drivers before XBCD?

To configure the controller properly, you need to install the standard Microsoft drivers, then XBCD, then update the controller drivers with the XBCD driver.

Then select the XBOX360Default.xgi in the XBCD setup utility, then calibrate the controller in the Game Controllers window in Control Panel, then select any .xgi to your heart's desire.

Make sure you test your controller's rumble motors actually function through the XBCD Setup Utility.
I've done everything you 've writen. The problem is still here... Thanks for trying to help anyway!
Quote from rotary999 :Lately, I've been having problems which hadn't occured earlier... I had followed that guide and had succesfully installed my Xbox 360 controller and worked perfectly, even rumble! But, after a reinstalltion of the XBCD and original drivers (computer problems) my pad doesn't have rumble. Although it works perfectly, rumble can't be enabled no matter what game I play. Does anybody know what the problem may be or do they have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

[EDIT]
The message error I get says:
CreateEffect Failed (2 Axis).
Could not setup FFB device.

Bringing it up again, does anyone know what the problem might be?? I'm getting kind of upset by not being able to adjust the controller correctly...

(BTW, I'm using XBCD360 drivers, not the XBCD-for the original Xbox controller-ones, and the version is 0.2.6) H E L P...
Hey Guys, it's all cool up to this part

Quote from atlantian :

go to properties

go to hardware tab

go to device manager

expand "XBOX 360 Peripherals"

right click "xbox 360 controller for windows"

i'm using vista and it only lists the wireless receiver, not the gamepad itself. XBCD won't recognize anything. i've rebooted like told to ... no change.

i can haz help plz? thanks in advance

EDIT: ok, it does list the controller now, but XBCD still won't recognize it, and the main problem is, i can't use the trigger buttons in game.
my right analog stick dont work in lfs? it works in the xbcd setup but lfs dont seem to recognise it? well except for the rs down button

also how do you configure analog triggers?
Hi

Has any one had this working with Windows 7 64bit?

XBCD seems to think that that Right stick Left-Right axis is on the left side, there is no up-down axis and that the left stick are buttons.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
I'm having a bit of a problem, I've followed the guide all the way up to when I open the setup utility, it doesn't seem to detect any controller? I know my PC detects it because it's there in the control panel

This is what I see;

Any ideas?

Just noticed this comes up when I run the install.bat file

Not sure what's gone wrong?

Xbox360 Controller guide
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG