The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :I prefer it smaller neater and antialiased like it is now than how it was before, but there is a question of whether to use a plain (antialiased) circle (very easy to do that) or a slightly more traffic light looking thing like it has now, or maybe a cleaner version of what it has now. Interested to hear opinions on that...

To me, it looks great already. Opinion: I think it would look much cleaner if you could use a more modern traffic light image there, an image of a traffic light with LED lights. If you wish, I can go out and take photos of those.

Best regards
Eric redid the pit-lights for patch Y. I think the new (start) lights have a slight LED look to them already, and I like them more than the untextured plain fill ones.
Like I said, it's a step in the right directionl I'd like to see a few alternatives though by someone with skill (read: anyone but me).

EDIT: Like this, but with less suck.
Attached images
lfs_00000002.jpg
Attached files
STARTALPHA.dds - 5.5 KB - 246 views
wooo!! thanks you, i try
Virtual start lights before (Y15):

Virtual start lights (Y15):

Virtual start lights (dawesdust_12):

Mine were just rough, nothing serious, just a test. If anything, I'd go with less dots but larger.

... Or inverted.
I just noticed that the original Y15 start lights are already very LED-like, but ingame they don't look like that. The reasons I've found are:

1) Too bright background. Due to being rendered additively a lot of detail/contrast is lost when it's in front of the bright sky texture.

2) It's influenced by the interface mip bias, so it can easily happen that lower detail mip levels are used where the LED style is not as apparent or completely lost. So if you're using an interface mip bias greater than -1, try setting it to -1 to see the difference.

Though I don't know if it's worth to lose too much thought about this. The start lights fulfil their role perfectly fine either way.
Attached images
startlights.png
#34 - KiAn
Scawen good patch's
Yeah, better...

Virtual start lights (Y15):

Virtual start lights (dawesdust_12):

Quote from Scawen :I agree that an inset picture would be nice and more "realistic".

However, that is not easy to do quickly - don't really have time for that right now and there needs to be a default system like this anyway for tracks that don't have start lights (example : an autocross layout at BL car park).

I prefer it smaller neater and antialiased like it is now than how it was before, but there is a question of whether to use a plain (antialiased) circle (very easy to do that) or a slightly more traffic light looking thing like it has now, or maybe a cleaner version of what it has now. Interested to hear opinions on that...

Here's an idea for that problem - If you have some set grid lights built at the standard starting grid on the Carpark + AutoX (just an overhanging steel structure with some lights glued on) then that solves it that way, for custom start points why not combine the actual start point ("S" in the editor) with some small objects? It could be a prebuilt object, consisting of a few cones, maybe a hay bale and then a small traffic light start light, similar to those on the drag strip.
I don' know, I have less FPS since Y14. In Y15 I have ~20 more. This small fps loss is almost a death for notebook users
Quote from AndroidXP :I think that's something on your side. At least it looks normal for me.

What problem might I be having though? It doesn't occur on any other track, not even other autocross tracks.
No idea really, tried reinstalling LFS yet? The dragstrip start is supposed to have the "tyremarks1ALPHA.dds" overlay, seems like that texture is for some reason corrupted on your machine.
Quote from Waffenaffe :I love LFS and when i could be a Girl,i want to marry with u xD

Sorry to say that Scawen is taken.

On topic: gave Y15 a quick test last night, and couldn't find any problems. Just looking forward to this patch going official, so that my main LFS installation looks smooth and anti-aliased. Regarding the virtual start lights, I don't think they're really important, and can't believe people really think it's a significant issue that they've changed slightly. You only see them once per race for a few seconds (unlike the actual start lights, which you see every lap when you go past the start line) and as long as they're clear and do the job, then it's job done imho.
Talking about interface polishing.
I've found that F12 menu with polish language and asymmetric cars settings produce a little bit off mess at left/right-camber/pressure lines.
Looks like two strings are not concatenated, but displayed using some tabulation, which overlaps at left/right translations longer than original ones.
See attachment:
Attached images
F12_menu.jpg
Quote from AndroidXP :The dragstrip start is supposed to have the "tyremarks1ALPHA.dds" overlay, seems like that texture is for some reason corrupted on your machine.

Wow you're completely right. I did modify that texture a while ago, strange that I haven't noticed this until now! Thanks.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Sorry, didn't mean to bash your work AT ALL, as you are doing an absolutely amazing job, i'm just slightly dissapointed with the content part of LFS (eric's work). As i understood, he's still photographing the GTR interiors, and i kinda expected them finished back in 2006 you know.. not to mention what would new track meant for LFS community, just can't understand why those GTR interiors are taking that long, not to mention the other cars which by the sound of it, haven't been worked at, at all.... and then you see a changed texture to the virtual start lights (which, majority of people doesn't even use ) so i felt slightly dissapointed, sorry about that, i know YOU are doing the best you can..

The reason the GTR Interiors were delayed was because of the FBM. Eric had to make all the textures and so on because of that. In the dev's opinion, I think that getting the FBM done was the priority because of the V1 thingy

It is hard work to make good looking interior(s), and I doubt that eric wants to rush them
I rather wait a little longer and get perfect-fit textures.
OT:
Quote from Boris Lozac :Sorry, didn't mean to bash your work AT ALL, as you are doing an absolutely amazing job, i'm just slightly dissapointed with the content part of LFS (eric's work). As i understood, he's still photographing the GTR interiors, and i kinda expected them finished back in 2006 you know.. not to mention what would new track meant for LFS community, just can't understand why those GTR interiors are taking that long, not to mention the other cars which by the sound of it, haven't been worked at, at all.... and then you see a changed texture to the virtual start lights (which, majority of people doesn't even use ) so i felt slightly dissapointed, sorry about that, i know YOU are doing the best you can..

I suggest you read this:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=623415#post623415
/OT

The test patch is working fine here. Thank you!
Scawen, you mentioned that you want to use hardware draw for subobjects. Could this be done in a compatible patch to increase frame rates (without the more advanced damage modelling)?
i am follow whit
keep up yhe good work
Sorry for the late

In patch Y14 , Geforce 6200 Drivers 84.66 , All perfect , can control the AA and AF from the game without any problem

In Patch Y15 , same , all works perfect and i notices a little more of fps

Keep it up scawen for the patch =)
YEAH
The AA/AF incorporation is perfect. No real loss of frame rates even online.

The text on screen looks alot more crisp. New start "lights" look really good to me.

ATi Radeon 800
2.3 Ghz
1gb ram
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y15 - AA / AF / East Asian support
(58 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG