The online racing simulator
Questions concerning the editor
(6 posts, started )
Hi everyone,

I'd like to create some formula student layouts with the autocross editor. I have some questions about this editor:

1. Can I change the control setting in the editor? If yes, where/how?
2. If not, what is the key to rotate objects? In the to left corner it says "</>" but this key between "Shift" and "Y" (german keyboard) does not do the job (tried it on two completely independent PCs/keyboards).
3. Is there a way to load blueprints (GPS data in a picture) or any references in the editor or do I have to measure my way through everything with the distance function?
4. If not, is there a way to show x,y-coordinates instead of radial distances?
5. How many objects can I use?

I hope you can help me especially with the "rotate" hotkey.
I can answer 2 questions:
2. Hotkeys on the wrong german keyboard layout for rotating are "," for left and "." for right. (feel free to google for qwerty layout,you'll see that keys to right from letter M are < and >)
5. It was 800 objects in earlier recent patches,but I believe it was raised to 900 in latest one,not sure about that though.
Thanks! It works

2. I tried every key but I guess I just didn't see a rotation by 1.4 °
5. OK, good to know. Let's see if one can build the FSG layout with 900 cones...
3) There are is an unoffical external editor: https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=16873 it can do some stuff like place multiple objects in a line etc.
Another unofficial editor (this one as "ingame script") is here:
https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=77749
I think there was a third one, but can not find right now.

In normal ingame editor you can use also the path check/forbidden zone markers to place tempory circles. Useful for distances or making excact arcs etc.

4) I think not by default. You could however make an insim script that displays the coordinates whenever you place an object.

Load blueprints: Not by default.
But you could make for example make a script that reads a list of coordinates from a text file and then spawns objects. In the first editor you could also try to draw (with some graphic editor) on the track image and then place objects on your drawing.
Hi Gutholz,

thx for the links. As I don't have experience with scripts so far that's not really an option for me but you brought me the idea that I could put a physical piece of paper on my display, transfer some scales (from here to there it's 50 m...), get creative with an actual pen and transfer it back the same way.

Another topic:
I allready built two proper looking Autocross layouts but I seem to be too stupid to change the number of laps. In the single player menu it says the number of laps is fixed but I can't find any options in the editor but I have another layout which requires 31 laps so it works. Where can I adjust that number?

Anotherother topic:
I can confirm now that the object limit is 900 indeed. As I tend to do some even longer layouts than I have now (FSG for example) I would have to leave out some helpful details like lines on the ground conecting the pylons => or I need a higher object limit.
Is it worth to contact the developers so they could create a micropatch for me (as a noob I guess it's just one integer to be changed)?
Did you try the linked editors? No need to write scripts with them.
The planning by paper could work but maybe easier with these images:
https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=37411
They have known scale, too.

lap numbers:
Think it depends if you use the standard full start grid or custom placed single start.
Full grid: Set it in pre-race screen, as if it was a normal track.
Custom start: Set it in editor, bottom right is laps option.

900 objects:
No idea how easy that would be to change. Think most realistic option is simply to try to use as few objects as possible
One long barrier instead of 4 short ones etc.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG