The online racing simulator
Just an idea I had...
(34 posts, started )
Just an idea I had...
Long story being shorten: Cross the Blackwood GP and RC tracks.

Starting Grid: Standard Blackwood GP. A wall will run right down the middle and seperate the half of drivers.

"Purple Straightaway" : This is the basic transition of where the driver goes from "Red Section" to "Blue Course" or "Blue Course" to "Red Section".

"Red Section" : The section starts with the inside feild of the starting grid. Initially, they go straight to the first half of the "Blackwood GP Rallycross". From the transition of Dirt to Road, the obstacle will narrow across the track and lead drivers down the backstretch's grass. After about 100m (maybe 150m i honestly don't know), the section will open up and allow access to more passing room. About where the backstretch makes a slight right, a small tabletop ramp will be made to conquer. Braking will be key because the track will turn in early to go into "Blackwood GP" turn 6 grass area instead of being on the asphalt. This will allow the drivers to "slide" their vehicles back onto the GP track and hopefully gain more speed in the process. The GP's 2nd chicane will be easier. Instead of the casual "S", the second part of the chicane will be available to cut through the grass. On the top of the hill, another table top ramp is to be there. Drivers will have to once agian work on braking going downhill and making the Turn 9 right hander. Instead of continuing on the GP Track, Drivers will transition from the Red Section to the Purple Straight away either by gong through the sand or turn a harder left to stay in the grass, either option is available.

"Blue Course" : Drivers will start from the outside of the Starting Grid. Once the track opens up, drivers will meet a small ramp before entering Turn 1 as natural from the "Blackwood GP" circuit. Once exiting Turn 1, drivers WILL NOT go through the "Blackwood Chicane", they will instead go straight. Drivers are to try and be as close to the middle as possible, to initially jump over the Red Section of the track. Divers will then go about the 2nd half of the "Blackwood RallyCross" track until the transition of dirt to road. There, the dirvers will have to stay on track, making a smooth transition in the Purple Straightaway.

"White Pit Road" : Pit Road will only be entered through the Red Section. Pit Road entry and exit will be the same, as well as Pit Speed. Once getting back to speed, drivers will be on the outside of the Blue Course, making a smooth transition before entering the ramp.

I do plan on getting at least an S1 license after my 18th b-day, but this is just an idea i had. Please let me know on any suggestions, comments, or possibly other tracks to cross.

I have started something very similar to this a while back,but never finished it.
Yep, now I can finally work on this track. I'm so happy
Quote from Texpelt88 :Testing a new Rallycross crossed over with the GP. Problems with the 1st checkpoint though...

Anybody know why the 1st checkpoint won't work?
Quote from Texpelt88 :Anybody know why the 1st checkpoint won't work?

layout file to check would help
Quote from Texpelt88 :Anybody know why the 1st checkpoint won't work?

My guess would be it's facing the incorrect direction, rotate it 180 degrees and try again. The car must be driving through it like the picture shown here.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :My guess would be it's facing the incorrect direction, rotate it 180 degrees and try again. The car must be driving through it like the picture shown here.

Thank you... Now I feel like an idiot. Going to add some things to the track now...
Thats a good layout, fun nice work m8
Worked on some cross overs. Here's some to try, I'll get pics later.

BL1X_Cross Rally: It's the design that I had hoped to make since demo. A basic combination of both tracks, be sure to put and even number (2, 4, 8, etc.) of laps. Online, two or more drivers can run on both sections of the track at the same time.

BL1Y_ Rally- Long: Still combining both tracks, but with a lot more length and difficulty to it. If used correctly, a handbrake will become very useful in 2 turns on this track.

BL2X 3-Rally: A lot like the original, but with 3 lanes instead of 2.

AS1X_Cross Rally: Not really a rally cross course, but I do need some help with the "Cross Point". If anybody can figure out which car/ track setting change, it would be greatly appreciated.
Attached files
BL1X_Cross Rally.lyt - 5.1 KB - 275 views
BL1Y_Rally- Long.lyt - 5.1 KB - 271 views
BL2X_3-Rally.lyt - 3.2 KB - 262 views
AS1X_Cross Rally.lyt - 1.7 KB - 249 views
no pics no clicks
I made an alternate Kyoto. This is more for racers who prefer a "rolling start". The "restart lines" are just coming off the highly banked turn and onto the backstretch and the real start/finish line just ahead. I'll get pictures up soon.
Attached files
KY1_Alt. Finish.lyt - 2.3 KB - 226 views
Here's a curious one: Does anybody have a gymkhana grid autocross?
It's relatively a simple track on the Dragstrip. I can't seem to add the shots for some odd reason of the track. I've mostly been using the FOX, AS7 setup and can get a 1:11.50 area. I think this came out better than I could imagine and very proud of it.
Attached files
AU3X_Formula.lyt - 6 KB - 220 views
1/4 mile oval?
I don't know if there's some secret tool to measure distance on Autocross tracks, but I did some calculations to a recent one I made and I think, which is still scary, I got an almost perfect 1/4 mile oval.

1 Chalk Line 2 I assumed was approx. 3 yards. Armco 1 is about the same length, so I think:
Armco 1 = 3 yds
Armco 3 = 9 yds
Armco 5 = 15 yds

The inside of the track consists of 42 armco 1's and 44 armco 5's, thus about 336 yds or .19 miles.
The outside is same amount of armco 5's, but 32 armco 3's, so that results in 508 yds or .29 miles.
.19 -> .2 & .29 -> .3, average it out and a .25 mile track.

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but if anybody would like to give me some more details on lengths and such, I'll redo it.
Attached images
lfs_00000007.jpg
Attached files
AU1_Oval-A.lyt - 5.5 KB - 174 views
Quote from Texpelt88 :I don't know if there's some secret tool to measure distance on Autocross tracks.....

It's not a secret - it's the D key - click where you want to start measuring, and move mouse, and measurement (probably in metres) will be displayed bottom right.

I measured you track, and I make it 461 metres x 98 metres approx (1,512.5 x 321.5 feet / 504 x 107 yards) [these are outside sizes]

From what I can find out, the size of a quarter mile oval track should be;

Imperial 440 yards
===========

110 yard long straight (straightaway)

110 yard on each turn (therefore 35 yard radius - good old pi)

If you want to see what an oval really looks like in LFS, then look at Flame's HERE
Hey! Ya learn something new everyday! And on that link (It may just be my computer, if so ignore this) "The webpage is not available"
Quote from Texpelt88 :Hey! Ya learn something new everyday! And on that link (It may just be my computer, if so ignore this) "The webpage is not available"

Search for Ramp Oval 4 by user Flame CZE - should be first hit you see.
Yeah, I remember looking at those when I was just looking around (during Demo days). But, alas, mine was for a friend who's wanting to host a LAN party for racing.

But thanks for your help, have you test drove it? I've already had some fun test driving it already.

EDIT: also, mine doesn't look like a flying saucer.

Just an idea I had...
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG