The online racing simulator
Demo drifters will leave.
(28 posts, closed, started )
I'm not a demo drifter, it wont affect me, but, since you added the FBM and removed the XRT, it's going to drive away demo drifters. They will get mad and not want to play anymore. Well, just my opinion anyway!

EDIT: My point is, lfs will soon not be that popular, no one will buy it, and everyone will be driven away...
#2 - ajp71
Good.
Or maybe, just maybe they'll be tempted to stick their hand in their pocket and buy the game.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Or maybe, just maybe they'll be tempted to stick their hand in their pocket and buy the game.

Hmm maybe not though lol!
Quote from Dyllaann :Hmm maybe not though lol!

So your complaint is that demo users, who weren't buying the game anyways, won't buy the game now?

What?
now we can yell at the crackers for "your showing a picture of the XRT!"
#7 - Mako.
Wow, not even a resopnse from the gods, and they already implimented this in x10!
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :now we can yell at the crackers for "your showing a picture of the XRT!"

Maybe not, they could just stay on a pre X-30 version
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :now we can yell at the crackers for "your showing a picture of the XRT!"

Quote from hectic :Maybe not, they could just stay on a pre X-30 version

true

ontopic

Why no leave the FBM for some time and maybe later return the Xrt and quit the FBM ?
If every single demo drifter left it would not affect S2 racers at all. Think about it.
Quote from Dyllaann :since you added the FBM and removed the XRT, it's going to drive away demo drifters. They will get mad and not want to play anymore.

Bye, bye then

Quote from Dyllaann : EDIT: My point is, lfs will soon not be that popular, no one will buy it, and everyone will be driven away...

Let me correct you there. LFS won't be popular with Demo Drifters any more and Demo Drifters will be driven away.
I would guess that SCAVIER guessed that making an open wheeler available on the demo might attract more genuine racers to LFS, and maybe (just maybe) these people are more likely to fork out for the full version.

Personally, I think it's a great call and I still can't see a negative side at all.
Yup. This is win-win as far as I'm concerned: any demo driver serious about drifting the XRT (with a current S2 version) will fork out for a license; any demo driver serious about racing will be enticed by the FBM. It's hard to see a downside tbh
Quote from MAGGOT :So your complaint is that demo users, who weren't buying the game anyways, won't buy the game now?

MAGGOT attacks. He chops Dyllaann for 1129hp with the Sword of Blatantly Obvious Logic (+2).
Dyllaann is no more.
Quote from thisnameistaken :MAGGOT attacks. He chops Dyllaann for 1129hp with the Sword of Blatantly Obvious Logic (+2).
Dyllaann is no more.

That is the first time I have ever broke out in laughter which made my sides hurt reading this forum. Thank-you Kev.
Quote from Dyllaann :I'm not a demo drifter, it wont affect me, but, since you added the FBM and removed the XRT, it's going to drive away demo drifters. They will get mad and not want to play anymore. Well, just my opinion anyway!

EDIT: My point is, lfs will soon not be that popular, no one will buy it, and everyone will be driven away...

Whats happens on demo servers really doesn`t botter me that much. I think that with the new patch we will see more people buying a lisence for the game, and overall it will just improve our racing on the S2 hosts Demo users have enough contest allready, 3 cars and 1 great track is more than enough.
Quote from Dyllaann :I'm not a demo drifter, it wont affect me, but, since you added the FBM and removed the XRT, it's going to drive away demo drifters. They will get mad and not want to play anymore. Well, just my opinion anyway!

Sorry, sorry.... umm... you say this like it's a bad thing(tm)?

If they all left, it still wouldn't be bad thing as they have no intention of buying the game so the devs aren't hurt financially and hopefully there'll be discussions again about other things rather than "gimme gimme gimme" followed by the likes of "bodykits", "nawz", "spinners" etc etc.

Genocide worked for some people... maybe this'll help clean up the forum when the dust settles

Regards,

Ian
I dont think this patch makes any harm to the demo drifters, they're just gonna stay in x10, while the people who race will patch to x30, and Y later on. But this wont sell more lisences in my opinion, just think, they get a new car, a "new" track. If i were a demo drifter/racer, i would install both x10 and x30.
The Demo should be left boring, and full of wreckers, so normal people would buy S2
Also, the XRG is driftable too.

I think that the FBM is a great replacement for the XRT, as it promotes LfS' versatility, and hopefully will attract more serious racers instead of driftkids which on the whole will be more willing to shell out a few squid for S2.
#19 - joen

Good riddance. A lot of them would play the demo untill the end of days, so I don´t see what the big loss would be. Those who truly want to keep playing will buy a license.
Besides anyone getting mad because of something they get for free is silly.
Also, there are still other cars to drift with.

Quote :

I think you´re being dramatic. Serious races will still find their way to LFS, and now with a different type of racing being presented in the demo, it gives a much better impression of LFS.
I don't think it'll make much difference to Scavier either way. The people happy drifting the XRT in the demo were using bandwidth, costing the guys money and giving back aboslutely nothing. Therefor if they leave Scavier technically make a profit. And those who were going to buy it will buy it faster to get back to the car they want.

People who like racing will appreciate a real open-wheel car (zomg t3h RL carz0rz!111!) with downforce and slicks.
Gut :haha:
Let demo ''racers'' leave :wave2:
No i joke , they are welcome
my two cents: the game is very good, and every cent you spend is good for scawens work...
and the demo racers: please buy S2 and support scawen! and the other thing is: you get the lx6 and THIS is the best drift car out there
Quote from herki :?

Allthough to be regarded as spam: I said "a few", not "a couple" :P
Quote from thisnameistaken :MAGGOT attacks. He chops Dyllaann for 1129hp with the Sword of Blatantly Obvious Logic (+2).
Dyllaann is no more.

Wsinda takes the Tweezers of Seemingly Less Obvious Logic (-11), and says:
"Less people who like drifting will try out LFS because there's not a real drift car in demo. They won't be willing to cough up for an S2 license, so it might hurt sales." :Kick_Can_
Quote from ColeusRattus :will attract more serious racers instead of driftkids which on the whole will be more willing to shell out a few squid for S2.

Which is a Good Thing (tm), but only if Scavier likes seafood.
This thread is closed

(28 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG