The online racing simulator
That new version works very well. I tried it with XRT FXO and FZ5. Kick down chooses gear better now and I dont have anything to complain.
Quote from Velocity- :Try simulating SBS's new scania buses man....
I think it is a 9 litre diesel with 6gears

Yeah I already took it on 410 for like more than half a year already!
And it's called Scania K230UB with Gemilang Bodywork.

It's got a li'l more than 8 litres with 5 cyl and a turbo, plus a ZF 6HP592 box

And bus engines can't run to 3000 rpm lol... Max is only 2250rpm on the O405 if I rmb. The new Scania shifts at 1350rpm if I rmb what I've noticed correctly. And this li'l program and make it more realistic when I try to recreate it, as the box will overrev sometimes when the driver kick-down real hard lol.

FYI, I'm recreating the O405 with W3E box in LFS up till now. The K230UB will have to wait until I can figure out more things.

P.S. Apologies for the off-topic talk, can't help it!
oh it works
Hi,

Your automatic transmission is very nice !

But there is a problem when shifting : the clutch burning when upshift.
In your video, i can't see that.
Maybe you use LFS Tweak and sequential gearbox ?..:detective
Ok i have set it all up and i press pause break to turn it on. but it doesnt work. all the settings are right. i have put everything where it should?
Quote : Ok i have set it all up and i press pause break to turn it on. but it doesnt work. all the settings are right. i have put everything where it should?

It's not working because you're not supposed to pause it. It's turned on by default, and pressing pause turns it off.

Quote :strange because it doesnt really work good for me, when i change to sport mode it doesnt make a sound, and it constantly changes gear between 2nd and 3rd.

It sounds like your gear ratios are too wide. Check how the gear ratios are in the included AT setups - something like that should be good. If you don't want to change your gear ratios, you can configure the shifter to shift at different RPMs. The readme has details on what does what. By the way, not hearing a sound when pushing Sport Mode is normal. The sound is only played for Hold Gear mode.

Quote :That new version works very well. I tried it with XRT FXO and FZ5. Kick down chooses gear better now and I dont have anything to complain.

Good to hear.

Quote :Hi,

Your automatic transmission is very nice !

But there is a problem when shifting : the clutch burning when upshift.
In your video, i can't see that.
Maybe you use LFS Tweak and sequential gearbox ?..:detective

Is it possible your ignition isn't being cut? The shifter presses i during shifts to cut engine off for less clutch burn. It might be your ignition key isn't set to i in the controls. I forgot to include about that in the readme (oops).
#57 - Zoig
Hi,

Could you upgrade the system so, that i could change the up/down (and possibly ignition) keys? I am used to changing gears with mouse scroll, and that way I could use it as a tiptronic gearbox and flick a few gears down before flooring it.

I had a try with it in few Cruise servers today, and it really works. now i can easily cruise along with 5th gear and 2500rpm in automatic mode, rather than 2nd gear and 5000 rpm

Minor bug I found with UF1000 is, that when cruising with 4th gear(or 3rd for that matter) and holding low rpm with steady speed, the engine revs were kind of wavy. like the engine was to weak to hold steady speed and game needed to accelerate-coast frequently to hold speed. This did not happen with high powered cars like RB4. I have not tried it with conventional manual, so it might be general bug and not directly related to your mod.

ps: you mod really reminded me how much I hate automatic gearboxes and why I bought manual. Great work
Quote from Zoig :Hi,

Could you upgrade the system so, that i could change the up/down (and possibly ignition) keys? I am used to changing gears with mouse scroll, and that way I could use it as a tiptronic gearbox and flick a few gears down before flooring it.

I had a try with it in few Cruise servers today, and it really works. now i can easily cruise along with 5th gear and 2500rpm in automatic mode, rather than 2nd gear and 5000 rpm

Minor bug I found with UF1000 is, that when cruising with 4th gear(or 3rd for that matter) and holding low rpm with steady speed, the engine revs were kind of wavy. like the engine was to weak to hold steady speed and game needed to accelerate-coast frequently to hold speed. This did not happen with high powered cars like RB4. I have not tried it with conventional manual, so it might be general bug and not directly related to your mod.

ps: you mod really reminded me how much I hate automatic gearboxes and why I bought manual. Great work

Shifting it down yourself like that won't work - it will shift right back up within a split second because it senses the high RPM. This wasn't made with any type of manual shifting in mind other than going into neutral, reverse, and "drive". Are you having a problem with it kicking down by itself?

The UF1 bug you found sounds like you didn't have CarGears set properly in the config (set it to 3 if your gear ratios use 3 gears). Was it the same sound you would hear when turning ignition off and on? You also might've been hearing the aliasing effect from heavy sound clipping (shift+a sounds set too loud).
It is very fun in a FZ5 .
#60 - Zoig
Quote from tigerboyz :Shifting it down yourself like that won't work - it will shift right back up within a split second because it senses the high RPM. This wasn't made with any type of manual shifting in mind other than going into neutral, reverse, and "drive". Are you having a problem with it kicking down by itself?

The UF1 bug you found sounds like you didn't have CarGears set properly in the config (set it to 3 if your gear ratios use 3 gears). Was it the same sound you would hear when turning ignition off and on? You also might've been hearing the aliasing effect from heavy sound clipping (shift+a sounds set too loud).

The problem is not with changing down by itself, but rather not doing it when needed(that's actually a generic fault with all automatics, not only your simulator). Is it possible ot implement somekind of tiptronic functionality into the sport mode, similiar to the sport mode in current VW DSG boxes?
For example when cruising in Sport mode, the box would behave similar to economic mode(mabye changing gears faster and 500rpm higher), but when flooring it (kickdown) and then returning to cruising, the car would hold lowest possible gear in for 10-15 seconds before returning to normal drive. also in sport mode, when I change gears manually, it would activate sport mode for 10-15 seconds, before changing it(except redline/idle rpm, where the box has to change gear)

The problem was in Car Gears with UF1. Because I didn't change it from 5 to 4 when I changed cars, so it was only noticeable in UF1. The sound was more like trying to floor the throttle in low rpm/high gear and then releasing it again without changing gear. that's why it got me confused.
Quote from tigerboyz :
Is it possible your ignition isn't being cut? The shifter presses i during shifts to cut engine off for less clutch burn. It might be your ignition key isn't set to i in the controls. I forgot to include about that in the readme (oops).

Oh, thanks !
Quote from tigerboyz :It's not working because you're not supposed to pause it. It's turned on by default, and pressing pause turns it off.

I know. it is turned on and it will not work. Now i see it is working but it puts the car into reverse switching the engine on and off
Quote from -=SB=- :I know. it is turned on and it will not work. Now i see it is working but it puts the car into reverse switching the engine on and off

That happens when the shifter can't read the values from the outgauge window. Did you minimize it?

Quote from Zoig :The problem is not with changing down by itself, but rather not doing it when needed(that's actually a generic fault with all automatics, not only your simulator). Is it possible ot implement somekind of tiptronic functionality into the sport mode, similiar to the sport mode in current VW DSG boxes?
For example when cruising in Sport mode, the box would behave similar to economic mode(mabye changing gears faster and 500rpm higher), but when flooring it (kickdown) and then returning to cruising, the car would hold lowest possible gear in for 10-15 seconds before returning to normal drive. also in sport mode, when I change gears manually, it would activate sport mode for 10-15 seconds, before changing it(except redline/idle rpm, where the box has to change gear)

This shifter is trying to simulate behavior of "older" style automatics without any paddle shifters, where you put it in PRN[D]12 and have no manual control over it. It sounds to me like you're wanting features that are in semi-automatics or so, while mine is designed fully automatic. My Sport Mode is actually the same as the Economic Mode, except everything is configured to happen at higher RPM. I guess if it's not changing down by itself when you want, you can configure it so it changes when you like.

To make it hold a gear longer after a kickdown, you can change the WaitAfterFloorShifts options to a higher value (it's in milliseconds). You can also use the Hold Gear button (Joy10 by default).
Hi,

I tryed to assign "I" to starting, that work !
But the engine often doesn't turned on when shifting.:sadbanana

How to remove that "bug" ?
Quote from superxp :Hi,

I tryed to assign "I" to starting, that work !
But the engine often doesn't turned on when shifting.:sadbanana

How to remove that "bug" ?

What is your frame rate? If it's around 20 or under, it sounds like you might need to raise keydelay because having "low" frame rate. You can do this by opening the shiftercfg.ini (and shiftercfgsport.ini if you use sport mode) and change these higher, maybe 60 and 120:
KeyDelay1=60
KeyDelay2=120

Thanks,

I try it now !
The problem is still there ! :gnasher:
I'm not sure what setting I need to change (and to what value) to make it kick down at higher RPMs in gear 5/6 when floored

Can anyone halp?
Quote from superxp :The problem is still there ! :gnasher:

What is your frame rate? I suspect your computer is struggling. Did you follow the instructions in the readme? Try putting priority for both the outgauge window and LFSshifter on high.

Quote from JO53PHS :I'm not sure what setting I need to change (and to what value) to make it kick down at higher RPMs in gear 5/6 when floored

Can anyone halp?

FlooredRPMSensitivityHigh=4000 (under 4000 RPM will kick down)
But changing this will affect all gears.
Quote from tigerboyz :What is your frame rate? I suspect your computer is struggling. Did you follow the instructions in the readme? Try putting priority for both the outgauge window and LFSshifter on high.

Okay, I try it, my frame rate is 25 (on servers with 30 connects) to 45 in single player. I've still got the problem when my frame rate is 45. :grumpy:
I buyed on internet a additional RAM card of 512mb, in total : 768mb, I wait it.:woohoo:
Do you try to chat when it happens?
When I chat, that types letters (S, X and I). :eye-poppi
Press pause before chatting.
That doesn't work ! :tired:
Pressing t to chat should pause it automatically, then pressing enter or escape to stop chatting will unpause. Is your outgauge window updating as you drive? If it's not (says edit1, edit2, etc), you need to follow the instructions in the readme. I don't know what could be wrong unless I could see it happening.
-
(Andrei221) DELETED by Andrei221

Automatic Transmission Simulator (v5.6b)
(251 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG