The online racing simulator
Hmm there was a bug where pushing t didn't pause; it's fixed now. I'll also add "/" and "numpad enter" as chat keys.

I'll release the new version after I tweak the configuration a little more.
Could people upload their settings? Mine just wont be as i want it to be. It always kicks down from 5th to 3rd when i floor it, and overrevs - annoying.
This thing also needs a function to gear down earlyer when braking, especially in Sport mode, so we can keep the revs up.
It was meant to use 4 gears, but 5 gears are supported too. For your specific overrev problem, either adjust your gearing (recommended), or go in the config (shiftercfg.ini or sport if you're using sport) and change this lower: kick5L= .......... Anything under this value will kick down 3 gears, otherwise it will kick down 2 gears if it's under 4k (Kick5H). What car are you using by the way?

Right now it's not possible to do different shifting under braking because braking value isn't readable by my script. The outgauge window source would have to be edited and recompiled.

I'm going to upload a new version now. You must delete your shiftercfg.ini AND shiftercfgsport.ini before using! First post will be updated soon.
Hi,

I have installed new 512Mb RAM card, and the problem is resolved !:woohoo:
Loving this does anyone know how to say.... make the accelerator always read something like 5% at minimum so we have the creeping affect? :P thanks

I have a G25, i think theres something for doing that but i cant seem to find it
Quote from Graeme43 :Loving this does anyone know how to say.... make the accelerator always read something like 5% at minimum so we have the creeping affect? :P thanks

I have a G25, i think theres something for doing that but i cant seem to find it

I haven't tried it, nor am I able to now, but DXTweak maybe?
Yeah I tried DXTweak before but I didn't seem to be able to get it working using Vista It wouldn't apply the changes
Quote from Graeme43 :Loving this does anyone know how to say.... make the accelerator always read something like 5% at minimum so we have the creeping affect? :P thanks

There's a (not easy) way in LFS to lock accelerator using tricks with the "C" in axis calibration thing. I was able to do it by making throttle and brake same axis, then pushing brake very slightly (pushed however much acceleration was wanted for the creeping), click C once on its axis, then let off brake and push accelerator fully, then lock calibration, done. But in the time I tried, I couldn't manage to get it to a good point to stop it from actually accelerating and not creeping enough... and I imagine if you do get it, it would only work for that car and similar cars.
Quote from Graeme43 :Yeah I tried DXTweak before but I didn't seem to be able to get it working using Vista It wouldn't apply the changes

It doesn't work with vista .. I think it would burn the clutch anyway. LFS's clutch is no torque converter, so this auto script is more comparable to an automatic manual box, if you are familiar with those. They don't creep.

You could always try to solve this 'problem' the really simple way; with bricks or rubber bands or something.
A new version is envisaged ?
Nice work Haven't tried it out yet but will do. I can already say its good
Again nice work

Shiv
Am I the only one with the problem that LFS freaks out when I start the program? It just seems like ESC is constantly pressed, when I shut down the program everything returns to normal again.
You must to run Project1.exe and shifterv5.exe befaure LFS and if you reduce window of LFS, you must to re-start project1.exe and shifterv5.exe.
Quote from mixer13134 :Am I the only one with the problem that LFS freaks out when I start the program? It just seems like ESC is constantly pressed, when I shut down the program everything returns to normal again.

its because of the x and s key pressing, try pressing T when it happens then click the ok (t stops the commands and the enter key restarts it, only press enter while back in game)
Thanks, it works perfectly now.
Hi

I've tried it on a cruise server and it works REALLY well although it's a bit unrealistic . In a real auto car when you touch the gas pedal it revs but doesn't move much (unless you've got like a V8 or something ). In first gear in RL say you rev to 2000RPM you're going like 10MPH. Then you keep the revs there and it slowly goes quicker until the revs build up and it changes gear. I'm not sure that happens in all auto cars but...... Anyway, nice program. It must've been hard to program it so 10/10 from me Could need a bit of tweaking here and there but its AMAZING altogether. Nice program

Sorry if i haven't explained the RL auto gearbox very well :thumbsdow:
:dnfnoob:
Shiv
Its all down to the automatic clutch in LFS and the guy can't change that
Nice app. It's good for cruise. Thank you
in my game the app dont up sift at 2200 rpm en xrg for example, upshift al ignitioncut when the change gear led its on

sorry for my poor english

[soanish]

a mi el programa no me sube de marcha a las 220rpm si no al maximo del coche cuando se enciende el led rojo de cambio, como lo arreglo?
-
(daanroof) DELETED by the_angry_angel
Are your gearbox settings in sequential mode ?

Tigerboyz, is envisaged a new version with car detecting and automatic set the number of gears ?
nice app...trying it out now
Sorry for bumping topic, but author of this program haven't visited forum for a long time, so there's no point sending him PM.
The problem is, when i start this program, car just hits reverse and stays in it, when im trying to shift to 1st gear, it hits reverse again. And another problem is that ''Project1.exe'' stays minimised all the time, and i can't maximise it. Anyone has got the same problem or solution for it? Thanks and sorry for mistakes.
btw, im using windows 7 build 7100.
idk, i diddnt use it i had to mess around with too much stuff in it and it was messing around with my gauges
tis a good mod, but i have a suggestion.
if its possible to read the max rpms allowed in a car, IE redline rpm, you should consider making the shift rpms a function of the max rpm.
for example, the lx6 redlines much higher than the uf1.
generally speaking, 1/3 of redline is a good place to shift if you are simply driving easy, 1/2 if you are gettin on it a little, and full redline if its floored.
i dont know if its possible to read this info from the game but if so i think it would make it much more realistic rather than having to change the info for each car you drive...
but all this aside, i commend you on a great program...
its a lot of fun for cruising
Quote from Zebediah_S2 :tis a good mod, but i have a suggestion.
if its possible to read the max rpms allowed in a car, IE redline rpm, you should consider making the shift rpms a function of the max rpm.
for example, the lx6 redlines much higher than the uf1.
generally speaking, 1/3 of redline is a good place to shift if you are simply driving easy, 1/2 if you are gettin on it a little, and full redline if its floored.
i dont know if its possible to read this info from the game but if so i think it would make it much more realistic rather than having to change the info for each car you drive...
but all this aside, i commend you on a great program...
its a lot of fun for cruising
Thumbs up

+1000

The shifting at red line (in full throttle) doesn't work with Test Patch Z20, and will not work in next versions...reason of more

Automatic Transmission Simulator (v5.6b)
(251 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG