The online racing simulator
Anyone else?
the program only works with z25
Quote from BarraSpalding :auto exists in-game...

Yes, and it simulates every automatic gearbox there is in reality. In fact my friend's Golf Plus 1,9TD redlines everytime, even when you press lightly the throttle.

Please, when replying to a topic, read what the topic of the topic (:schwitz is. We are discussing a tweak that simulates a REAL automatic transmission, that shifts at low RPMs when touching lightly the throttle, at high RPMs when needed and that kicks 2/3 gears down when you press hard the pedal.
Quote from fu.el :Well....i got rid of lfs shifter and installed it again, and thinking this may have been ok, i got another alert of malware
The thing is.... when i scan it with malwarebytes and AVG, nothing is detected, it is only when i run lfs and the shifter, it is then i get the warning, ill inclose the screenshots of the virus and the warning, dont know if it helps but they are there.

Tigerboyz, do you know about it?

Thanks!

this happens with other tweak programs too. Guess its because the tweak writes in memory ranges that are assigned to another program (LFS.exe)
this looks very interesting. i only recently started driving an automatic in real life. however, i loaded LFS and it auto-updated to 0.6B before i could try mod. do i have to wait for new version of AT mod? it keeps saying "LFS not loaded or car not on track" and i changed mode to 2 and port to 11111
Quote from branney :this looks very interesting. i only recently started driving an automatic in real life. however, i loaded LFS and it auto-updated to 0.6B before i could try mod. do i have to wait for new version of AT mod? it keeps saying "LFS not loaded or car not on track" and i changed mode to 2 and port to 11111

The current version (5.6b) works on 0.6B. When you get the message "LFS not loaded or car not on track", it mean that you have to go on track first, then load the program. Plus I'm not very sure of the ports thing... Take a look in the readme file if you haven't done it

But well, don't wait for a newer version, I think that Tigerboyz is out of this project now...
Thanks for the advice on the malware guys (sorry for huge bump!)
Hey, someone still use the z28 version of this mod? I'm searching for it...
Quote from Guaxinim :Hey, someone still use the z28 version of this mod? I'm searching for it...

I think it is the same version that works in 0.5 Z28 and 0.6 B.

Upgrade, btw. The new version is better.
Quote from freddyalek90 :I think it is the same version that works in 0.5 Z28 and 0.6 B.

Upgrade, btw. The new version is better.

doesn't work :/
Im sure that the latest version released came out a long time before 0.6B did so was prolly designed for z28
If it's an incompatibility with newer patches this should make it work.
It worked for 0.6b but didn't work for z28 xD
hello, first post,

So I see a great intrest in this mod and need to know how to get it working

i've gotten a roadblock. My car is on track and its not recognizing it.

Using 0.6B, and yes i have changed all things i needed in the cfg.txt too

thanks, let me know asap please!

I apologize for the bump, but I just found this
Attached images
1.JPG
2.JPG
Hell yes its working!!!!!
useless if you drive with mouse
i use logitech driving force gt
-
(tigerboyz) DELETED by tigerboyz : Nevermind, mod is working still :)
Will there be an update for 0.6E?
It still works for 6E

If it isn't for you then double check these:
Quote :2: Find these lines in your cfg.txt (in LFS folder) and replace them with this

OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 11111
OutGauge ID 0

3: Run LFS and go onto a track

4: Go into LFS options (shift+o) and set these settings:

Driver:
- turn autoclutch on

Controls:
- set shift up to "s" on keyboard section
- set shift down to "x" on keyboard section
- set ignition to "i" on keyboard section
- set gear shift mode to sequential
- turn button rate to max ( ------> )

Hi

I've been working on LFS Shifter off and on recently, and here are a couple new things I am working on that I believe will make it behave more realistic and dynamic:

- Shifting points are no longer always at set "static" RPM. It is now more dynamic depending on the throttle.
Example:
Before: Around half throttle: shifts at 5000rpm always.
After: Around half throttle: shifts at 5000-6700rpm depending on throttle position

- What gear you're in will affect how throttle and RPM determines shifting points. As you go through the gears, it will shift at lower and lower RPMs. For example, if you hold the throttle in the same position from a stop, 1st gear would be 5,000rpm, 2nd gear 4000, 3rd gear 3500, etc. Before, it would always be at 5,000rpm in all gears.

- I changed how shifting works a little bit so hopefully it's not so sensitive and always shifting.

Stay tuned for the next version!
A new version is now available, version 6!
Check out my first post on page 1 for details
Sorry Man,
it has the same bug as you first "dynamic" version.

When I start it it bounces between 1st and 2nd, if I press a bit of throttle it puts 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th in few seconds, if I accelerate a bit more it changes gears randomly and if I fully accelerate it downshifts using kickdown.

If I fully accelerate from a standstill it doesn't change to 2nd gear until I release a bit the throttle...

I'm using LFS 0.6E fresh installed with your AT setups on Windows 8 64bit.

I also tried it on a previous 0.6B but it has the same problem...
This mod is great!
One question:
Does it work online?

Automatic Transmission Simulator (v5.6b)
(251 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG