The online racing simulator
Quote from banshee56 :Just a thought here....the closer you get to the first race(i.e. 1 week out), it might be a good idea to change it from a rotation to only on the upcoming combo, that way the people that are preparing for the races can not only get used to the combo, but the other drivers as well in that combo.

+1
lfs username:ZeroR
display name:S3R ZeroR
Quote from banshee56 :Just a thought here....the closer you get to the first race(i.e. 1 week out), it might be a good idea to change it from a rotation to only on the upcoming combo, that way the people that are preparing for the races can not only get used to the combo, but the other drivers as well in that combo.

That's the plan

Quote from KTasker :Is this open to all racers?

If so sign me up!
lfs username: KTasker
display name: [JDS] K.Tasker

Anyone at all. You're in!

Quote from ZeroR :lfs username:ZeroR
display name:S3R ZeroR

Added
Count me in, day and time work for me.

lfs username: gilfisher
display name: [dsr] gil

I look forward to it.
lfs username: lizardfolk
display name: Lizardfolk
You forgot to mention in the OP that there is a Practice/Warm-Up round on the 6th. Might also be good to add in behind the Eastern US time something like (-5 UTC).
LFS Username: JayEyeBee
Display Name: JayBee
Howdy,

Just a quick reminder that there will be an open practice this Wednesday night 1/6/10 on the server "S3 Racing Thinkin RBs". We'll be running 6 lap races at Blackwood RX with reverse grids to get everyone used to running in traffic.

There are no points at stake, but it's a good chance to practice for the first real event the following week.

edit: duh... forgot to mention the time. I'll be on starting around 9:00pm, but you're welcome to join whenever. I'll be turning Lapper off to kill the track rotation soon.
Thanks for the reminder. Time to run out to Advanced Auto Parts for a can of fix a flat.
Ok, a few points of interest. Tonight's warm up races will be 9 laps in length to give people a better idea of tire wear.

Also, I should mention that in order to score points (in a real event, tonight is just practice), you have to finish. Don't go for broke in race 1 counting on the pole in race 2 if you crash.
So what you're saying is that in order to score points for an event you have to finish both heats? Also, is there a server password for tonight or is it being left open?
I'm withdrawing from this league
No Cabby, what he is saying is that in order to score points for an individual heat you need to finish it.

I hope that in official races more caution will be used in T1. Last night T1 was more of a demolition derby than a rally.
Forgot we're on summer time, races will start one hour too late for me.

Maybe next time, sorry.
Quote from bdshan :No Cabby, what he is saying is that in order to score points for an individual heat you need to finish it.

I hope that in official races more caution will be used in T1. Last night T1 was more of a demolition derby than a rally.

Correct on both counts. A DNF in a race means you don't get points for that race, but you still could get points for the other race that night.

Also I hope people realize for next week's races that you can't win it in T1. Even though the cars look awful, the racing should still be clean. In a real event if you get taken out, please protest (via LFS pm to me). We'll take appropriate action.

Aside from the T1 melees, it was fun racing last night. There are some nicely crappy looking cars already...
Attached images
warmup.jpg
LFS Username: glenh
Display Name: glenh
Quote from glenh :LFS Username: glenh
Display Name: glenh

Added. Reminder that round 1 is tomorrow night. Please see the round 1 thread for the password and other information.
lfs username: racer hero
display name: CoRe K.O'Keefe
lfs username: minimaxracer
display name: shayne Sheppard
lfs username: boothy
display name: [SR] Boothy
lfs username: ASR Sanchez
display name:Sanchez

I've missed some rounds, but no problem
bloody late but hey........
lfs username: jrd.racer
display name: RSR.Celcius
Quote from ASR Sanchez :lfs username: ASR Sanchez
display name:Sanchez

I've missed some rounds, but no problem

added

Quote from jrd.racer :bloody late but hey........
lfs username: jrd.racer
display name: RSR.Celcius

added
#50 - ennD
lfs username: ennD
display name: A.Jonaitis

The Winter Beater Cup - signup and info thread
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG