The online racing simulator
Skins on the AI cars
(45 posts, started )
Quote from nsmith_92 :Hi There!
how can i get hold of car skins or make my own?

The skins section of the forum.

Everything you could possibly need to know has already been asked and answered many, many times.

The search function is the best option for you
-
(R.Hopiavuori) DELETED by Bob Smith : pointless necro
-
(Micheal Shumacher) DELETED by Micheal Shumacher
-
(k_badam) DELETED by k_badam
Ancient post I know... Does anyone have any info on this matter only using up to date lfs like 06b?

I don't see these "new" buttons in the garage nor do I see where to create a so called "colour scheme" ???

All I want is to have ai cars with a desired skin?

ANY help would be great!

Cheers
Gav!
A while back, Scawen changed this (as people found it confusing). In old LFS, you created a colour scheme, then added the skin to the colour scheme (and could change it at will). Modern LFS uses a system where you create a colour scheme directly from a skin. If you create some skins, call them "XRG_AI 1.jpg" (for instance), then in LFS go "New Colour", you would then be able to create schemes for each AI driver that way.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :A while back, Scawen changed this (as people found it confusing). In old LFS, you created a colour scheme, then added the skin to the colour scheme (and could change it at will). Modern LFS uses a system where you create a colour scheme directly from a skin. If you create some skins, call them "XRG_AI 1.jpg" (for instance), then in LFS go "New Colour", you would then be able to create schemes for each AI driver that way.

Yeah thanks! I sorted it now.. Its kinda simple in later versions too

Cheers!

Gav
Personnally i use the options "AI use the same colours than player"
I make my grid choosing each car then i simply save it.
So i have different grid configurations (fun skins or more reals...)
Quick & dirty: replace CARNAME_DEFAULT.jpg with a skin - now all the AIs (and online players without skins set/uploaded) will have coloured versions of that skin.
-
(z28drifting) DELETED by Victor : Offtopic
-
(Expless) DELETED by Scawen : spammer
-
(Doublestemcell) DELETED by Scawen
thanks for the help!
Hello, Does the latest version of LFS S3 6U support more than 12 AI cars? I presume it does. I'm using the driver's names mod that only supports 12 AI players, but it would be even better if I could use real names for all 32 AI cars with separate skins. Does such a mod exist? If not I'll probably try tweaking it myself.

Also is there any way to improve the AI and make it more aggressive as the AI cars appear to drive the same and hardly overtake?

Thanks! Smile
You're probably using a VERY old mod if that's the case. The drivers' names can be edited through Options > Game. Also, in Options > Misc, there is an option to have the AIs use the player's skin and car setup.

As for the AI themselves, yes, they are rather passive and don't overtake much. AI programming in LFS is rather minimal - All they know how to do is drive and follow the race line, overtake cars that are extremely slow, pit for fuel when needed, and avoid crashing into each other in the pits. Apart from that, they're basically mindless. They don't even respect flags. There's basically nothing you can do about it - LFS is online-focused, so the AI is not really a priority for the devs.
Hello Cozmic, Thanks! I shall try editing them in the driver options. I mainly prefer single player over multiplayer so it's unfortunate the AI isn't very good. It's a pity nobody is working on an AI mod, as that would be great!

Thanks for the reply.Smile
You could try giving each AI a slightly edited variation of a setup, maybe with 1-3% restrictions and ballasts. Also depending on your skill level, add a bit more ballast(around 5-15%) to your own car depending on track and cars, you can level out the playing ground for the AI with ballasts so you won't be leaving them into dust that easily Big grin Or use a completely different car class. I once found that i could race UFRs and XFRs at pro difficulty in FE3R with just a LX6, which was really challenging and fun because you need to be careful almost all the time Smile
Thanks nikopdr, I shall try what you suggested.
Hi Wizard, Checkout CozmicDragons post above. What he suggested worked for me.
-
(monikaool123) DELETED by Victor : Nonsense post
Thanks for the tip. In my opinion things would be much more easy, selecting the IA and then clicking on garage and select the skin, without renaming. It could be also automatic, when you add an AI, it choose a ramdom paint.
benden xrg mcqueen :D
hello guys, i have one question. I have s3 mode and i want get AL player skins but i cant. on left side screen writting me something red sentences. what can i do for it ?
would be helpful if you said what the text in question says.

anyway, for me, checking the 'ai use player skins' option was always all that was neccesary

Skins on the AI cars
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG