The online racing simulator
LFS Steering wheel
(20 posts, started )
LFS Steering wheel
I think LFS should make design and produce a steering wheel, perhaps based around the G25. They could even get it made by Logitech.

It could have indicator stalks, with the headlight flash funtion. it could also have an actual horn button in the middle of the wheel.

Obvoiusly, it would have the 6-speed shifter and clutch pedal. ooh, , one thing i would love to see is this;

Instead of a PUSH-DOWN reverse gear, a PULL-UP style lever, more realistic.

What do you guys think, good idea, Bad idea, have i left anything out?????

Josh.

Uh, no.

And alot of cars have a 'dog leg' reverse gear... either up and to the left, or down and to the right.

-1 from me personally.

Edit : Just noticed, we don't want cruise functions
Yeah, i meant up to the side thing, but i keep forgetting about the race servers as im always on the [TC] CityDriving servers.
So basically what you are suggesting is not a LFS wheel, but a crusing wheel

And as for the gear lever, what's unrealistic about a "push-down" lever? I know several models of cars that have this type of gear stick.
are there anywheels with a clutch pedal?
G25 to name but one -.-

:google:
If you want all these buttons and stuff for these functions, either buy the Frex Wheel-Adapter for the SimWheel or Logitech DFP, or buy a control panel button box.
Quote from hansonator69 :If you want all these buttons and stuff for these functions, either buy the Frex Wheel-Adapter for the SimWheel or Logitech DFP, or buy a control panel button box.

yeah, i use a DVP but will be getting a G25, so its nice to know there are game pads, thanks!
I would love a horn button on the middle, I got a wheel right here in my uncle's garage. I just don't know how to put it together. So far what I did, I took my old wheel [Logitech Nascar Crappy Vibrator Wheel Thing with a long name] tied it to my chair with a 25 foot rope, used it as handbrake by tying a long screw driver to it, and use the pedals as a clutch on my Logitech MOMO Racing Steering wheel thingy. So I am happy with my setup, I can get a button Pad thingy and use it has a horn...
#10 - Dac
sounds good in theory, but logitech have much more experience and so im sure will design a better wheel. i quite like my MOMO just the quality is very low. doesnt feel connected most of the time and the wheel seems to 'turn though' the resistance, thereby moving the centre point.
No. There will not be enough wheels to sell, which will make the wheel way to expensive. If you want an LFS wheel you could mod it yourself

Most cars have a pushdown reverse gear btw.
Extra Feature!
ok, just wizzed thru ur posts and think there is an easy but "maybe" expensive solution to the wheel...

After playing with a G25 i noticed that i was driving the Openwheel cars with a conventional steering wheel. As i mainly drive the Formula cars it would be nice to have a detachable wheel which you can change everything u switch cars, kinda like in fast & furious when the guys carrying around he's momo. i'd be carrying a F1 wheel lol

Just ffod for thought...

It would be FAB if the G25 had a F1 style wheel!
lol you are asking a cruising wheel, not lfs wheel.

Lfs wheel would be a racing wheel!
Quote from peterules :ok, just wizzed thru ur posts and think there is an easy but "maybe" expensive solution to the wheel...

After playing with a G25 i noticed that i was driving the Openwheel cars with a conventional steering wheel. As i mainly drive the Formula cars it would be nice to have a detachable wheel which you can change everything u switch cars, kinda like in fast & furious when the guys carrying around he's momo. i'd be carrying a F1 wheel lol

Just ffod for thought...

It would be FAB if the G25 had a F1 style wheel!

Actually, its not that hard to do, all you need is the S-S wheel you want (any RL wheel can fit) with drilled wholes, deattaching G25s wheel is quite easy, you'll only loose two red buttons if you do change
Quote from [RF]-art555 :Actually, its not that hard to do, all you need is the S-S wheel you want (any RL wheel can fit) with drilled wholes, deattaching G25s wheel is quite easy, you'll only loose two red buttons if you do change

There was the M3 Challenge, which first prize included a G25 with a BMW F1 style wheel. With working LCD too.
Quote from hansonator69 :There was the M3 Challenge, which first prize included a G25 with a BMW F1 style wheel. With working LCD too.

Just in case, there is a thread in Wheel section where one guy fitted Momo wheel on his Logitech, shouldn't be hard to find
look like a g25 no look like another real racing steering yes, its nice the street look of the xrg/t but dont forget its a racing game so maybe next version keep a racing wheel on the xrg/t (i tell that for another suggess without new thread)
but not the cromo more like a nardi or momo and not a gaming steering controler a real one would be more immersiv
You keep forgetting that real race (GT) cars actually HAVE turn lightnigs and the headlightflash.
I wanna go get me a BMW F1 Wheel now lol with all the working lights just need to get a loan out for a few thousand £££ OMG
If something with the reverse that should be done as the T-56, which means that you can put in reverse when break lights are lit.

LFS Steering wheel
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG