The online racing simulator
MRT CC Cup Series

The MRT Custom Course Cup is a 10 event series that features the MRT-5 racing on custom designed road courses. David "Le Kid" Sirois, a Canada based LFS veteran, has brought his course designing experience from his LFS Quebec league to the drivers of the League Of The Americas. The unique aspect of this series is that all of the courses are at the Autocross arena, and the only people that know the course layout prior to race day are the Series Officials. This provides a steep, yet equal, learning curve for the track in only a 30-minute practice session just prior to the races.

Each event consists of three (3) 15-minute sprints that drivers will earn points for the overall event, making up 30 sprint races for the entire season. Each driver counts his/her best 24 races due to the nature of the course and the MRT's challenging handling. The first race of each event will feature a starting line-up equal to the current standings, and the line-ups for the second and third sprints of each event will the reverse finishing order of the previous sprint. And if you find yourself damaged and in need of repair, we have a unique pit procedure to help you out!

The Race day schedule for the MRT CC Cup is as follows:
  • 12:00 PM EST - Track Map is released on the LOTA Forums
  • 9:15 PM EST - Server Opens - track loaded for practice - no cars allowed on track. Series Official will do a 2 lap run-through just prior to practice.
  • 9:30 PM EST - Practice Starts
  • 10:00 PM EST - Practice Ends - 5 minute break.
  • 10:05 PM EST - Races start - Three 15-minute races. First race is random start, second and third races are reverse grid.
Schedule:
Race 1 2-Jul-2007
Race 2 16-Jul-2007
Race 3 23-Jul-2007
Race 4 6-Aug-2007
Race 5 13-Aug-2007
Race 6 27-Aug-2007
Race 7 3-Sep-2007
Race 8 17-Sep-2007
Race 9 24-Sep-2007
Race 10 1-Oct-2007

Please join us for MRT Custom Course racing action!

For more information on this series, or any other LOTA series, please visit our website: www.lfs-lota.net
Very cool. Are you accepting drivers from other continents? Although I've just twigged that's like 4am over here for race start. Damn, looks like I'm missing out either way. Have fun!
That was so fun last night! Even if I did join pretty much half-way into the second race.

We definitely need to do hundred lap figure-8 or something...just for fun...like an all-star race!
We can certainly think about doing a Figure-8 race, but not in the MRT series. I watched from 20 meters above the track. There were only about 10 on track, but that was very cool to watch! And the pit procedure worked very well!
Quote from banshee56 :We can certainly think about doing a Figure-8 race, but not in the MRT series. I watched from 20 meters above the track. There were only about 10 on track, but that was very cool to watch! And the pit procedure worked very well!

That's awesome! There is a circle-track here in Indy called the Indianapolis Speedrome...they have a weekly Figure-8 points series raced by some pricey modifieds, plus a 3 hour event at the end of the season. It is a simple small track....with basically tires for the corner markers and a completely asphalt infield...but really, that's the beauty of it. It is a very exciting and unique form of racing. If you would like, perhaps I could try and design the track somewhat similar to speedrome (thanks to the advances in google maps) to check out.

I'm sure most of the guys who were hanging around crashing and chasing each other for 2 hours after the track disappeared would be down with something...And if that takes off, maybe have a weekly points race. I'm just throwing ideas out.

But to stick with the topic....I tried to show up for practice on time (even a little bit early). I don't know if this happened to anybody else, but if it did...it's simply because you need the latest test patch. Only then will the servers show up. (It was pretty frustrating!)
All of our tracks are custom designed by David "Le Kid" Sirois. David has had quite a bit of experience doing this for a similar league for LFS-Quebec.

ATTENTION: The start date for this series is now confirmed for July 2, 2007, and runs through October 1, 2007.

Registration will open on June 11th.
The Official Rules are now published, and registration is set to open on June 18th.

Registration is officially OPEN!!

Watch the new MRT-C3 video!

A HUGE thanks to David "Le Kid" Sirois (MRT-C3 Series Official) for creating this fantastic video!
With 5 days remaining until the start of the MRT Custom Course Cup, there are 20 active (1 reserve) drivers registered, with room for 4 more active drivers!

I've spoken with the course designer (David "Le Kid" Sirois) and our course tester (DeadWolfBones), and they tell me the course for Race 1 is a great layout! The excitement is building for this series, so get in there and get signed up!

For more information on this series, visit the MRT CC Cup series area at LOTA!
Wow, I'm looking forwards to hearing how this went last night.

Prior to your event I saw a sparsely populated MRT autoX server so i hopped on. It was a custom layout that was superbly designed. I got a feel for it fairly quickly, and the racing on it was supreme. I'm going to do whatever i can to get a place in the next season of this series.

I can imagine this series will limit some people due to pc restraints from the high number of objects but thankfully my pc handled it without a glitch.
Is the server going to be up for awhile? I'd like to see how far ahead the competition would have been. Maybe I'll register for the series. Everyone needs a backmarker.
The server is still up, but the layout was unloaded before I left last night. I can arrange a practice session for you to check it out. PM sent.
Race 4 Results
Race 5 Results
Race 6 Results
Race 7 Results
Race 9 Results
Race 10 Results
MRT Custom Course Cup CHAMPION crowned!!
will this series be repeated
Quote from KSheppard :will this series be repeated

last i heard it wouldn't be happening any time soon due to lack of original tracks, but LOTA has two other mini-series starting up this month if you're looking for some league racing in a convenient time slot for you.

www.lfs-lota.net

MRT CC Cup Series
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG