The online racing simulator
How the challenge works!
First of all you have to register completely at www.racing-challenge.org. Take care that all fields with the yellow stars are filled.
The Ingame name you enter MUST be the same, you use when racing on our servers.

The challenge works the following way:
Every two weeks, there is a weekend tournament. You will have to win in several races to proceed to the weekend final. There you can already win some small prizes (tba.) and qualify yourself for the OFFLINE-finals of the challenge in december.

During the weeks between the tournaments, you can simply qualify yourself for the tournaments, by racing on our Demo-Servers. They are all set to 4 laps on BL. Your racetime will count. We read out the complete time you needed for the 4 laps. When you are in the specified number of participants for the weekend tournament, you will get an email on friday, when qualifying closes, to inform you. The tournament is then directly on the coming weekend.

IMPORTANT: Your "Spielername" on your Profile on the page must be the same as In LFS! And you have to fill in all adress fields in your profile, to get your times logged.

Weekend tournament:
You get your grid, your server (Times on the page are always CET, summertime if appleciable) and then you race 3 races, each with reversed starting grid. When you get enough points and place yourself good enough, you'll proceed to next round. We try to keep it to 3 rounds for a weekend. The last round is only one server, the final. Also 3 races, reversed Grid, get the most points, win and you are qualified for the offline finals in december in germany (where exactly tba.!) You will get an invitation then, but you will have to take care yourself to get there.

About Racing-behaviour, I have to say nothing, I guess. Fairplay!

About the page and the tournament being in german:

Well, Fujitsu Siemens Computers Germany supports this challenge in a unique way: It puts the LFS Demo on all to be sold PCs and Consumerlaptops until december this year. This will be about 300000 units. Therefor the page is in german, and the challenge is german-based BUT open to everyone. That's why I'm posting all this here. So try your luck. Would be great, meeting some of you in december then.
#2 - ORION
Quote from Vykos69 :IMPORTANT: Your "Spielername" on your Profile on the page must be the same as In LFS!
[...]
Well, Fujitsu Siemens Computers Germany supports this challenge in a unique way: It puts the LFS Demo on all to be sold PCs and Consumerlaptops until december this year. This will be about 300000 units. Therefor the page is in german, and the challenge is german-based BUT open to everyone. That's why I'm posting all this here. So try your luck. Would be great, meeting some of you in december then.

Why not translate the page (at least the major parts)?
I mean, it really shouldnt be a problem to add a language switch, and the text is not THAAAT much, and of course you dont need to translate all the rules etc, as the people here in the forum will know how to race

And Im sure that, on the lan finals, there will not even be a single person of the 300k ppl who got LFS on their Fujitsu Siemens-PCs

But anyway, you are doing a marvellous job there, and Im sure a lot of those 300k ppl will also buy LFS later
Well, translation first of all is a lot of work, and second thing: It would be nice to have, and might be added later on. But there are other things, we gonna add/improve to the site first.
-
the car... (indie) DELETED by indie
#4 - indie
hi Vykos69
all car counts?
will the races be held with all the 3 cars from the demo?
after i'm registed on the challenge page and confirm sign up, the times done on the servers will automaticly be registed on the chalenge website?

thanks in advance for your time

indie
Hi indie
Yes, atm you can take all of the three democars.
But in next tournaments (first weekendtournament will be 10./11. september), we will allow only one car.

If you have registered completely, race on our servers and use the ingame name you put in ur profile as "spielername", then your times will be automatically registered.
Translation
thanx russraine!
#8 - HASTA
I can't participate this challenge, i didn't understand anything about how this competition works But i have a friendly suggestion for you guys. With this welcome messages it must be impossible to concentrate. These welcome messages must be seen only to newcomers like in RaceManager. Just a friendly suggestion.
Quote from HASTA :I can't participate this challenge, i didn't understand anything about how this competition works But i have a friendly suggestion for you guys. With this welcome messages it must be impossible to concentrate. These welcome messages must be seen only to newcomers like in RaceManager. Just a friendly suggestion.

Yes, you are right, and it's in the pipeline

Cheers,

joe
well i would love to race it. to bad im in amerca and to go to the offline finals id have to fly to germany! rudi said he won a new comp. still not worth it though. but hey if they ever have one in las vegas, nv US ill be there. lol
Quote from Modoff :well i would love to race it. to bad im in amerca and to go to the offline finals id have to fly to germany! rudi said he won a new comp. still not worth it though. but hey if they ever have one in las vegas, nv US ill be there. lol

Hehe, maybe We get there one day Well, the first acing Challenge is over and the next one will be next year one day for sure.

Cheers,

Joe

How the challenge works!
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG