The online racing simulator
League Of The Americas series starting soon!

Hello fellow LFS racers! My name is Lee Baker (LFS game name CoRe.Banshee56). I would like to present to you the opportunity to participate in two upcoming LFS racing series, presented by the League Of The Americas. These league, as with all LOTA leagues, is open to LFS S2 licensed drivers that live in the Western Hemisphere. However, most of our competitors in the Fall 2006 season were North American drivers. Looking to add a more diverse group of talent, LOTA is also looking to the Central and South American countries for interested drivers.

LOTA will be presenting two main series on Thursday evenings, running February 15 through April 19, 2007, with registration set to open tomorrow, January 31. The Formula V8 Challenge and the Formula XR Challenge are two very similar leagues using the two most competitive open wheel machines in LFS. Each series will offer 8 races over a 10 week championship period with a points system is designed to create a tight championship battle.

There are very few LFS leagues that feature the great FO8. Understanding the demand for this car, LOTA Officials created the Formula V8 Challenge:

Our first season this past winter was a great success, and we look forward to growing this series.

Realizing the desire to experience closer, wheel-to-wheel action, LOTA Officials have decided to start a sister series to the FO8's:

The FOX is a great car to drive in large packs. It's predictable handling leaves the driver to concentrate on extreme competition.

Both series share the same night and time, giving each series its own identity and group of competitors. LOTA has at it's disposal four 23-slot LFS servers, hosted by 500Servers.com. Additionally, CoRe Racing, one of LOTA founding teams, has offered its 25-slot Ventrilo server for voice communication. Our leagues are setup to handle up to 60 LFS drivers each, which server assignments being handled automatically by our Racing League Manager that, through LFS World Pubstat access, pulls driver's PB for each car/track combo. This is done at 15 minute intervals up to the "PB Cutoff", which is 24 hours prior to the start of the events' qualifying session.

An overview of our event day schedule is as follows:

Event Day Schedule - Times listed are Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5)
12:00 PM - Server is setup and passworded.

9:15 PM - League Drivers should begin to assemble to prepare for qualifying.
9:30 PM - Qualifying (10 or 15 minutes, depending on track length)
9:45 PM - End of Qualifying - strict 5 minute break to follow
9:50 PM - Start of Sprint Race (no pits req'd)

Following - Setting Line-ups for Feature Race - based on Sprint Race finish.

Following - Feature Racing - Laps to approximate 45 minutes (based on WR times +2 seconds).

(1) pitstop required - no pitting on lap 1 or the last 2.

Please read the Official Rules thoroughly, as your registration in the league is an acknowledgement that you know and will obey the rules.

Thank you for the opportunity to present our upcoming racing series. If you have any questions regarding LOTA or any of its leagues, please contact me via email or on the LOTA Forums.
I just emailed you to enquire further about the league but it looks like you've covered all my questions here!
If there's anything else I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.
Fox... predictable handling? illepall

This car loves to surprise me! Still, I'm hoping to remain competitive throughout the season. Good luck to everyone in both championships!
Racin Jason pulled out of the XR series?
Yeah, he was registered for both the FOX and the FO8 series. Since both are running at the same time, he chose the FO8's.
We've got less than a week remaining until the start of our FO8 & FOX series. There are still spot remaining in both series for registration.

For more details, please visit http://www.lfs-lota.net
May I join this season if I promise to behave
I'll find out for you Ant.

In the mean time, I've eased the restrictions on your account so that you may visit the site and check out the new info.
Quote from banshee56 :I'll find out for you Ant.

In the mean time, I've eased the restrictions on your account so that you may visit the site and check out the new info.

Thank you,

AAnt
PM sent.
Thanks for having me back gents, I look forward to this series.
Hello,

I would like to enter this series. I see that I have to send in a pb. Do I just need to drive some laps on your server or do I need to send in a recording of my lap or something? I have not entered a league/series yet so I'm sorry for the seemingly dumb questions.
Quote from meanjeans :Hello,

I would like to enter this series. I see that I have to send in a pb. Do I just need to drive some laps on your server or do I need to send in a recording of my lap or something? I have not entered a league/series yet so I'm sorry for the seemingly dumb questions.

All you have to do is run a lap at the proper track, using the required car on any public server. Lap times will automatically be sent to Live for Speed World, where LOTA gets their pb times from.

League Of The Americas series starting soon!
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG