The online racing simulator
Quote from Fuse5 :Hahah. Is now the time to post screenshots of situations that can be interpreted in at least 7 ways? Replay or gtfo.

As Yann has pointed out that the replay was posted, read thread or gtfo.
Hm, i think failure was the to blame for the incident in both screenshots ive seen, in the 1st he posted he had some room on the left he could have used to avoid contact, if he didnt want to crash he should have backed out when he saw what was happening, 2nd one i don't need to say anything about tbh.

Now James, you need to calm down a little mate, you get too frustrated and your mouth usually gets you the ban (now im not one to talk here but ive not been banned for a long time). Also, ive raced you quite a few times and ive seen you go for moves that just aren't there, now i like to be an optimist but you kinda take the biscuit sometimes, your a good racer ill give you that but you don't always make the smartest choices. Id give people more room for error on a public server anyway, it usually only ends in tears if you don't know the person your racing.

Not having a pop as ive said i think you were right driving wise, not so in the chat afterwards.
Quote from pik_d :I'm curious how you expected anything but him to get spun from this point:

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Hm, i think failure was the to blame for the incident in both screenshots ive seen, in the 1st he posted he had some room on the left he could have used to avoid contact, if he didnt want to crash he should have backed out when he saw what was happening, 2nd one i don't need to say anything about tbh.

Take a look at wich direction my car is pointing in the screenshot I posted.
Yes, i was about to even use the last few remaining inches, including the curb, to avoid contact.
Since he was so close to me i got sucked in by his side draft, and tbh, I was not really doing something at that point to avoid contact because I was upset about him -repeatedly- not giving sufficient room.
Giving so little room is like asking for trouble.
We have side draft in LFS?

Quote from FM-Failure :and tbh, I was not really doing something at that point to avoid contact because I was upset about him -repeatedly- not giving sufficient room.

Going down to someone elses level is never a good idea I've been told.
@Intermediate07 , Hey what do you expect from 3-4-5 laps sprint races ? (no offence)
Quote from FM-Failure :I was not really doing something at that point to avoid contact because I was upset about him -repeatedly- not giving sufficient room.

I guess this says it all. You blatantly allowed your car to spin his because you let your emotions get the best of you. Just as bad as revenge wrecking although I'm not sure he wrecked you in the first place.
"He turned across your nose."

Sure he pinched you down mid-corner, but you guys didn't crash. You just plain tried to force him off track, and then when he tried to stay on, you spun him. Rather simple Failure.
Quote from FM-Failure :Take a look at wich direction my car is pointing in the screenshot I posted.
Yes, i was about to even use the last few remaining inches, including the curb, to avoid contact.
Since he was so close to me i got sucked in by his side draft, and tbh, I was not really doing something at that point to avoid contact because I was upset about him -repeatedly- not giving sufficient room.

]

PMD pretty much covered what i was going to reply with, you sure your not just getting pissed off with him kicking your ass all the time?

Now, i don't even know you but i can tell you have something against him and you've wanted to ban him for a while, then as soon as you get the oppertunity you ban him, maybe so you can get more wins now? I heard you spectate as soon as anyone fast comes on the server...

Seriously, this is starting to sound a little like redline, is that the road you want to go down? If the server isn't fair n-one will want to race there. Pretty much everyone here has said it was your fault, so unban him or atleast reduce it, probably deserves a couple of weeks/ a month for his language but i don't think you should go out looking for trouble.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :]

PMD pretty much covered what i was going to reply with, you sure your not just getting pissed off with him kicking your ass all the time?

Now, i don't even know you but i can tell you have something against him and you've wanted to ban him for a while, then as soon as you get the oppertunity you ban him, maybe so you can get more wins now? I heard you spectate as soon as anyone fast comes on the server...

Seriously, this is starting to sound a little like redline, is that the road you want to go down? If the server isn't fair n-one will want to race there. Pretty much everyone here has said it was your fault, so unban him or atleast reduce it, probably deserves a couple of weeks/ a month for his language but i don't think you should go out looking for trouble.

There is plenty of history between him and fail... his name has been brought up for the past few months because of his actions on our server. We just don't go banning fast racers, that is what our server is about.

If he or anyone would be on our ventrilo, which is open to all and advertised on our server... they would be able to participate in our conversations about what is going on the server.

We are all very laid back and down to earth people. We don't go around banning or acting like we have to win. We acknowledge the fact that we are part of the LFS community and act accordingly with our morals.

You will always find fair and clean racing on our server. Unfortunately, Jpeace has been out of line on a few occasions for the past 2 months. And his ban isn't taken lightly, we have been discussing it both on vent and our forums as there were complaints lodged against him from other racers as well.

He should have come into our ventrillo and talked with fail personally instead of saying what he did in game and on this forum.

I'm not worried about our reputation, because most people on this forum will back us up that we run a good shift at FM Junkies.
I have to quote this

Quote from FM-Failure :...Yes, i was about to even use the last few remaining inches, including the curb, to avoid contact.

Quote from FM-Failure :...and tbh, I was not really doing something at that point to avoid contact because I was upset about him -

Make your mind up. You either tried to avoid contact or you didn't.

Also at 1.09 you swear at him. Is swearing allowed on your server or not? Or is it just the elite admin that are allowed to swear?
the best server ever was the redline racing from 2006 (bl1 - fox).
Quote from bhw1144 :the best server ever was the redline racing from 2006 (bl1 - fox).

for me the best was Redline from 2007 with AS2 and I also liked CD in the beginning
@Intermediate, I talk about races on public, what can you expect but crashing when you have only 6 minutes to do your best.
Not going to comment on the replay the people involved know the answers anyway.
I see too many people not just on this server but on many others trying to make passing moves that don't exist ,over and over again, guys how many times do you need to keep hitting your head against the wall until you realise that it hurts?, If overtaking looks too risky get back on opponents tail and try again, do it the smart way.

I see drivers showing zero tolerance to others who make mistakes, then use there car to 'teach them a lesson', accidents will always happen, but many like this one are 100% avoidable.

LFS is going through a bit of drought at the moment perhaps we shouldn't be urinating in the fresh water pools that are left.

Want respect from others online? earn it on the track by deed and action

Sorry, but I have not heard so much bs in a long time. I know why it is better to stay away from this forum. How can you ignore certain facts posted in this thread and come up with totally spaced out explanations, probably only aiming at bashing me, my server and/or my team?
Probably because you only look at the replay, without knowing anything about what was going on before. From that perspective, I agree, I am the one who at the end caused the crash.
As you can read in this thread, mr. peace is someone who gives plenty of opportunities to ban him. I could have done it weeks ago if that's my true intention. That's the whole point. The problem with his driving style was going on for weeks. Several non FM related people agreed to that in this thread.
Good that you found out that I have something against him (against his driving style, to be precise) - now try to find out why. Then make your judgement.
I received many complaints about mr. peace in the past weeks. Several people got vote banned by him (and some following sheeps), then these people approach me with a replay of the incident asking to get unbanned, and it shows that they were not at fault at all. Of course you will say now, who's Failure, the oval idiot, to make a fair and balanced judgement. I do not care. I do everything to my best knowledge and try to be fair and balanced. And for the record, I never said that mr. peace "knows nothing" about close racing. I am smart enough to avoid making statements like that - do not feed the forum trolls. That was just dramatizing from his end. Quite normal for people of his age. What I said was exactly the same some others say here: He is a good hotlapper but he often fails when it comes to close racing. This is my opinion and it is based on many observations, actively and passively made in the past + input from other drivers.
You say that you don't know me, but yet you talk about me like I would be a 12 year old kid.
Come on, if it would be about winning I could just take some of my accounts to an empty server and easily get my holy wins or do it the "PVL" style - much less stressful than becoming subject of a discussion like this.
I do not have any problems with getting "my ass kicked", I certainly do know that on some tracks, like westhill, mr. peace is faster than me. Therefore, assuming mr. peace also knows that he is faster, I absolutely do not understand why he always has to take so much risk and aggressiveness instead of cleanly getting rid of me on the next straight.
So, again, for those who only look at the replay and feel like pointing out the guilty: IT WAS MY FAULT, IT WAS MY FAULT, IT WAS MY FAULT ! OK?
And regarding the other matters: Don't post if you don't have enough facts to make a biased post.
Quote from major_syphillis :I'm not worried about our reputation

Its a bit late for that.

I think admins need to accept that they are at fault sometimes (I'm not saying that Failure was at fault in this case, if anything both drivers were at fault and it was a clash of egos), just I've been driven into by one of your admins before and then they've taken to personal insults and poor excuses instead of just apologising, which natrually makes me angry.

Obviously if you are concerned about FM's reputation, you probrably don't want people to get that kind of impression.
I've made the same move on failure several times and never had any contact there. That mid-corner contact was due to jp not leaving enough room. And yeah fail could've left more room on exit but he is not that kinda' racer that takes ppl out on purpose, im not saying jp does that either but his style is so over-aggressive and risky that it's impossible to get a clean 4-5 lap race with him.
Quote from v1rg0 :The side draft?

Yeah, you know... the physics element that doesn't exist in LFS.
Quote from 5haz :You're a well known crasher, and you also have several accounts Mr rooaringjet, perhaps you should quit before the dev team gets onto you.

Why would the devs not like him spending plenty of money on a few accounts?

Seriously, this is starting to sound a little like redline, is that the road you want to go down? If the server isn't fair n-one will want to race there. .

What road is that? The road that leads to getting banned for constantly arguing and getting on admins nerves?
Certainly never for being faster.....
i have never seen anyone get any type of mad on that server, always smiles....never seen anyone get banned (except me for being auto banned for sucking :razz and everyone gets along. failure is pretty fair, and i think he shold be banned for a month or so...just to learn his lesson.

why is everybody so quick to ban, half of the vote stuff i would do, as long as they are kicking, bans i just dont usually agree with
Not trying to get too involved here, but wanted to get my 2 cents in.

I have been out of LFS racing for a good year or two up until about a month ago which is when I found the FM junkies server, and have raced no where but there since.

The server is amazing (yes, frustrating at times...but take it with a grain of salt). Regarding the admins, esp failure, they are all excellent and do the best they can. I've had multiple incidences,esp with benni and failure, and although it may have gotten heated at times, they were all resolved because of maturity and mutual respect.

I've raced with jpeace many times. As said, he's very fast, and for the most part, he can be a decent 'close racer', yet he does seem to think that since he's the fastest out there, he needs to be up front, which is just the wrong mentailly to get into. I'm usually atleast a second off the fastest time on the track yet get to top 5 consistantly....not because of my speed, but because consistancy and respect for other drivers next to me.

This forum and at times, FM junkies seems to be filled with immature and irrational people. This may be because of their age (which is understandable as it seems many young people play LFS), or jsut their mentallity, but i trully hope the FM guys don't change a thing and keep doing what they are doing, as long as they are fair, people will race there. Regarding the ban, I always believe people deserve 2nd chances, but that decision is up to the FM guys alone.
Quote from patrese :What road is that? The road that leads to getting banned for constantly arguing and getting on admins nerves?
Certainly never for being faster.....

I was talking about the unfair road, one rule for admins, one for everyone else and even though you know your wrong, still showing to be totally oblivious to it, although, ive not been to the server for a while, things might have chnaged but i doubt it.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG