The online racing simulator
TEST Patch Y10 - Chinese / Japanese / Korean
WARNING : THIS IS A TEST

Hello Racers.

Here is a new compatible test patch Y10.

It contains Chinese, Japanese and Korean Translations.
There are also some fixes including a hot lapping fix affecting South City.
Y10 contains various updates including an important fix for network debug messages.
Please read the list of changes below.

Changes in TEST PATCH Y10 :

Network debug messages are no longer sent in InSim packets
Chinese IME now shows language in black when IME is not active
Text input box is now drawn above user messages so easier to type
Small change to list of fonts may possibly make more fonts visible
Line breaks in help text and lesson text now depend on actual width
FIX : Admin could crash dedicated host by mistake with some commands

Changes in TEST PATCH Y9 :

Included Japanese lesson translations
FIX : Corrupted text in top left corner after changing language
FIX : Corrupted "finished" at top right after changing language
FIX : Increased character buffer size to 4096 on screen at once
FIX : Character analysis now ensures that fonts are a good size
FIX : Wide characters in some fonts could acquire stray pixels
FIX : Ping column in Simplified Chinese could become corrupted

Changes from Y to Y8 :

Double byte character support :

Included Chinese, Japanese and Korean translations
Selectable font for these languages in Game Options
Input Method Editor support including candidate lists
IME automatically switched on and off in text entry dialog
Input language is shown when editing text (white if IME active)

Interface :

Czech and Simplified Chinese lesson translations
Faster text drawing system improves frame rate
Separate text entry field for AI number plates
Welcome screen now has three language columns
Added flags beside names of translations

Multiplayer :

New command /ndebug=no/yes to switch off/on network debug
Dedicated host and network debug show connecting guest IP
FIX : Rapid /ai NAME command resulted in AI with same name
FIX : Rapid /ai command could exceed number of cars allowed
FIX : Joining a host with same name AI resulted in Join OOS
FIX : Skin name buffer overflow exploit

Fixes :

FIX : Wall riding was possible on soft walls at South City
FIX : Select invalid configuration and weather in cfg.txt
FIX : Replay could open reversed configuration in DEMO

DOWNLOAD :

PATCH Y10 (Version Y must already be installed) :
www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs. ... me=LFS_PATCH_Y_TO_Y10.exe (1.5 MB)

DEDICATED HOST (for hosting only) :
www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S2_DEDI_Y10.zip

KNOWN ISSUES :

Speedo and tacho numbers and text appear above the needle

Windows XP : East Asian Language Support / Font Installation

LFS does not support double byte characters with Windows 98 / ME. Windows XP and Vista should work well but you may need to install fonts.

If you have Windows XP and currently cannot see the East Asian translations, here's how to set up your computer so it works.
See the attachment - in Control Panel click on "Regional and Language Options" then under the "Languages" tab select "Install files for East Asian Languages".
Windows will probably ask you to get your XP CD and the fonts will be installed from it.

This is important even if you do not use Chinese, Japanese or Korean translations so you can see East Asian text and player names correctly when you are online.
Attached images
support.gif
noize keep them coming
Nice work Scawen
Fantastic!
I've got "UpdateOpenStatus: Could not get input context" and "UpdateConversion: Could not get input context" a few times after installing Y10 as usual - I don't really have an idea what this may mean, but it seems it could only occur if a track with pre-update AI grid has been loaded. Anyway I couldn't reproduce it after creating a new one.
Quote from John5200 :Thx Scawen
But... I´ve got a problem...

pictures

Do you mean that the "what to do bar" changes color (last word) when using colored names? (Or have I missed something else?)

To make the description a bit better:
When changing a colored name the last word "curent name line" will use last used color of the name.
#9 - SamH
I'm not usually given to begging but I desperately need "XName removed YName" fed into the server debug log at race end screen. With our auto track rotation, we're losing the first race each cycle due to some SOB removing everyone from the grid to cause a premature restart. I need to know who the hell they are, and they need to bloody well stop doing it. Pretty puhleeeze Scawen. This really isn't a feature request, it's core debug info that's missing at the moment, IMO.
Scawen theres a bug with people having these new char's in there name. The text colour stays the same.(eg, XXX Left the pits (XFG) When it should be (XXX Left the pits(XFG))
SamH: maybe start the first race as a qual instantly, without waiting? And then let join to everybody who wants? That would even look more naturally, as people who are quicker will be able to change setups, send sets etc.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: players should not be allowed to remove other players from the grid. It's not fair. They should only be able to remove local players (read: AI). That's it. Alternatively, if Scawen allows this to continue, at least make it so that a player cannot be removed after he/she has clicked the Ready button.
Quote from ussbeethoven :I've got "UpdateOpenStatus: Could not get input context" and "UpdateConversion: Could not get input context" a few times after installing Y10 as usual - I don't really have an idea what this may mean, but it seems it could only occur if a track with pre-update AI grid has been loaded. Anyway I couldn't reproduce it after creating a new one.

The other bug reports and comments all seem reproducable.

Does anyone know a way to reproduce this one?
#14 - SamH
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I've said it before and I'll say it again: players should not be allowed to remove other players from the grid. It's not fair. They should only be able to remove local players (read: AI). That's it. Alternatively, if Scawen allows this to continue, at least make it so that a player cannot be removed after he/she has clicked the Ready button.

Ultimately, I agree. I'm not asking for that here, though (I think I've asked for it, or similar, in Improvement Suggestions). I'm trying to be mindful of the test patch nature of the thread where *feature* requests don't happen. So I'm sorta trying to sell my request as something other than a feature by making it sound like essential, missing program debug info..

I just hope Scawen falls for it...

Quote from Scawen :Does anyone know a way to reproduce this one?

I found one: add some AI cars, close plus start LFS again, load any track that supports bots and press "/" (e.g. for /clear) and it should show the error message.
Here is the requested report of the crash I had with Xfire working.
Attached files
report.txt - 4.8 KB - 350 views

I can get this every time using the following method

Open LFS
go hotlap or singleplayer
load any track
go to garage
any setup can be selected
click new setup (under the setup list)
Tada

i have tried multiple cars, multiple tracks and multiple sets and also 2 installs both on Y10.

Only thing i havent done is reboot since patching both installs.

It only works the first time you hit new setup, not the 2nd or after. If you restart LFS again it reappears for the first time once again.

Hope that helps some

This text appears everytime you want to edit some text in menu, like setup name, name, server, password etc., but only once after launching game. Then it doesn't appear anymore.
Clicking LFS.exe Y10, produces a dialog box 'Could not load fonts'. Yes I have installed the Asian fonts from my XP disc.
Quote from SamH :I'm not usually given to begging but I desperately need "XName removed YName" fed into the server debug log at race end screen. With our auto track rotation, we're losing the first race each cycle due to some SOB removing everyone from the grid to cause a premature restart. I need to know who the hell they are, and they need to bloody well stop doing it. Pretty puhleeeze Scawen. This really isn't a feature request, it's core debug info that's missing at the moment, IMO.

Yes, and also a core debug testing option to disallow AI's to join the track of a racing server
Quote from Doorman :Clicking LFS.exe Y10, produces a dialog box 'Could not load fonts'. Yes I have installed the Asian fonts from my XP disc.

I think that is "Could not load font" (singular, no s)

That would be the case if somehow the install is wrong. There should be a file lfs.abc in your data\abc folder with file date 8 Feb 2008.
Quote from Lotesdelere :Yes, and also a core debug testing option to disallow AI's to join the track of a racing server

Please let's not slip into the idea that this is a requests thread.

If that does happen, I'll end up getting annoyed, and close the test patch forum and get on with what I need to do, in peace.
Quote from Scawen : ....There should be a file lfs.abc in your data\abc folder with file date 8 Feb 2008.

There is now.:doh:

Being a clever-clogs I ran the patch .exe into a new folder a just dropped the LFS.EXE into the LFS directory after backing up the original.
I'm not a clever-clogs, I'm a very naughty boy. :slap:
Thank you scawen
Looks good
Quote from Scawen :The other bug reports and comments all seem reproducable.

Does anyone know a way to reproduce this one?

Yes. I've got that. but those messages appeared just one way that call out input method whitout text input box.
In addition, there isn't more fonts in fonts list yet.

Edit:
We all very appreciate your hard working.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch Y10 - Chinese / Japanese / Korean
(74 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG