The online racing simulator
anyone have a good rev limiter wav?
Quote from Gills4life :i have tried to do this car sound for the xrt. if you want me to try and do it for another car then just ask and i'll see what i can do

@ DRAXRX3

i already had a go i didnt know which car you meant for so i did it on the XRT
Attached files
XRT_GillsRX3.eng - 427.8 KB - 953 views
Do any of you guys use different wav sounds for the engine sounds instead of remixing the engine sounds? It would be nice to have something different other than the original sounds remixed.
If i understood right, you're asking for the wav file?
well in LFS theres no wav file, the engine sound is sintethised (is it right?) so you get ingame and press shift+A to work the wounds.

or maybe you're asking for a sample???
No Scawen said that its possible to use different wav files for the engine sounds when the engine sound editer was first discovered. I was just wondering if you all just edit the engine sounds or use wave sounds for the engine sounds as well?
I think that the .eng files are small wav samples that are put together to make 1 engine sound. not sure if that is right i do not know how to do that myself i just use what i have available to try and remix a sound that is requested

[L] Means load .wav sample
[S] Means save .wav sample

Quote from Scawen :I don't know if anyone has mentioned but you can load wave samples from wav files saved in the eng folder,...........

Quote from DaveWS :Trust me on this, editing that (in Goldwave), actually makes very very little difference.......

I had some minor success, but as DaveWS says, it's only slight a difference.

And I'd like to mention that clipping is bad to have in your sounds. Some sound systems will sound like utter poo with clipping. Sometimes clipping will make your head implode so don't post .eng sound that are just 100% clipping. The sound editor tells you are clipping with the hard to miss Clipping icon that appears.
Attached images
sounds.JPG
can you make me a skyline sound for xrg + xrt?please
lfs-own: Nice licence name hehe.

I tried various sounds from other peoples postings, some random WRX attempt for a FXO (thanks to that guy?) and Dudles Dump valve (i think) and got something for XRT similar to this....S14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyG0mWtcp6Y (at 0:08-0:23)

Doesn't sound the same in XRG, but I only renamed the file for that one.
Attached files
XRG_Kei.zip - 309.5 KB - 1004 views
XRT_Kei.zip - 309.5 KB - 1043 views
I don't understand why someone would want to make a UF1, or any other 4 or 6 cylinder car sound like a V8...... It's just unrealisitic to the modeling of the cars, it's like you disregard chassis strength, and torque steering :S
Ok, tried to make it as close as possible to the MX5 without any clipping

i will also attach my skid sound wav which makes the tyres sound more realistic IMO. just back it up and drop it in the sound folder. sorry no preview or anything so you will just have to take my word for it back it up incase you prefer default though.
Attached files
XRT_GillsMX5.eng - 427.8 KB - 967 views
Skidsound!=).rar - 451.1 KB - 762 views
Quote from Gills4life :Ok, tried to make it as close as possible to the MX5 without any clipping

i will also attach my skid sound wav which makes the tyres sound more realistic IMO. just back it up and drop it in the sound folder. sorry no preview or anything so you will just have to take my word for it back it up incase you prefer default though.

thank you very much for the skid and u make Mx5 quite good Now i am using your sound becouse it sound really like a 250bhp car Cheers
Attached files
XRT_GillsCorrado;].eng - 485.9 KB - 803 views
My pleasure :dopey:
did one for lx6. don't have dump valve sound but the engine sound is much closer to the rb25 than i could get the xrt hope it is good enough
Attached files
LX6_Gills200sx.eng - 320 KB - 916 views
Very inpressive :0 Could u make the same for XRT plis?
nice
i will try !
ok i tryed and it took some time to get the best result but it was much more difficult with the xrt to get an engine sound like the rb25. still i hope you like it
Attached files
XRT_Gills200sx.eng - 427.8 KB - 1193 views
Quote from Gills4life :ok i tryed and it took some time to get the best result but it was much more difficult with the xrt to get an engine sound like the rb25. still i hope you like it

me likes it Can you make it little quiet and can u reduce clippin Cheers!
Quote from moskvich3v1 :me likes it Can you make it little quiet and can u reduce clippin Cheers!

Yes, I found the same thing. All you need to do is shift-A in game, change the EXHAUST VOLUME down to 1.0 and all the clipping is gone. The sound is also normalised in comparison to the original XRT after this as well. Then with the sound editor menu, choose "save" and overwrite the other one. If you pit before saving you will loose the changes you make.

Engine Sound Sharing
(983 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG