Impreza sound
(28 posts, started )
#1 - NovaK
Impreza sound
I have one for FXO.
Attached files
FXO_WRX.eng - 334.9 KB - 1871 views
#3 - NovaK
Quote from beefyman666 :I have one for FXO.

That one did not sound very good.. Sounds more like exhaust system is taken away.. like old times ppl wanna be cool in their volvo 140 who sounds worse than a bulldozer..
That's how a nice sounding Impreza would be like, stupidly loud. Standard Impreza's sound crap.
#5 - NovaK
Quote from beefyman666 :That's how a nice sounding Impreza would be like, stupidly loud. Standard Impreza's sound crap.

No impreza have a very good sound. try mine sound and you'll see its more like impreza, but even there its far away from real impreza sound..
Quote from beefyman666 :That's how a nice sounding Impreza would be like, stupidly loud. Standard Impreza's sound crap.

Any car modified to be 'stupidly loud' is slower, owned by a fool, and merely allows other people (and the police) to hear their low IQ arriving.
Quote from tristancliffe :Any car modified to be 'stupidly loud' is slower, owned by a fool, and merely allows other people (and the police) to hear their low IQ arriving.

So all these companies who make sports/race exhaust systems have been wasting their time and money making things that give cars extra horsepower?

Fair enough on the road isn't too good but I was talking of track cars really (yes yes I didn't state that in my post). Race cars generally aren't quiet are they?
Quote from beefyman666 :Race cars generally aren't quiet are they?

Race cars generally aren't modified to be "stupidly loud", either.
It was a figure of speech.
Uhm.. have even one of you tested my impreza sound?

Would be nice if u gave ur opinion of it..
Quote from NovaK :Uhm.. have even one of you tested my impreza sound?

Would be nice if u gave ur opinion of it..

I tried it, i think it sounds pretty good for an LFS sound . It kinda reminds me of the S1 FXO sound though
I think it works best with RB4, but does it sound like an impreza?
XRT link aint working for me
Quote from NovaK :I think it works best with RB4, but does it sound like an impreza?

As an owner of an WRX, yes it does! Good job!
Made some improvements from my last impreza sound for XRT, and the last link is also dead so here is the new one.

And post comments about the impreza sound also Thanks!

Heres the link.
http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/-XRT_impreza.eng

Special thanks to JasonJ who added dump sound.
Quote from tristancliffe :Any car modified to be 'stupidly loud' is slower, owned by a fool, and merely allows other people (and the police) to hear their low IQ arriving.

every so called ''cool'' car is owned by a person at age of 16-21
You should fix your links because here's waht i get when clicking on both links(see attachment)
Attached images
holy shit it's sad!.jpg
Sweet!!

Haha, god one.
Obviously, from wat you're saying, cars that come with loud exhausts are fine coz thats standard. i'd still silence it.

Both my cars are over 100db, I wouldn't call it "stupidly loud" but the police do, the 740 is 106db I just love the sound of a v8

The cortina on the other hand is a straight through system 124db, although being an old car it never gets negative comments (at least not to me) about the noise, legal limit here is 90db, which is pretty ridiculous imo
Over 100db would usually fail most trackday noise limits. And those are set higher to allow for people with modified cars. Anything over 100db is un necessary on a road car, and is only there to bolster the drivers ego (ie they want other people to look and notice them from the volume).

If you want your car to be louder, try routing the exhaust into the cabin. You might solve three problems in one go
Quote from dynofiend :Over 100db would usually fail most trackday noise limits. And those are set higher to allow for people with modified cars. Anything over 100db is un necessary on a road car, and is only there to bolster the drivers ego (ie they want other people to look and notice them from the volume).

If you want your car to be louder, try routing the exhaust into the cabin. You might solve three problems in one go

Is James May your idol?

There is no track day restrictions here as far as noise goes.

I was 17 when I finished my Cortina I wanted it to be loud because I love the sound of a screaming modified engine

Beemer on the other hand, was far too quiet for a V8, I think now it is just the right amount of grunt, not over the top, cruises along with a nice v8 burble and sounds like a weapon above 5000rpm

I would have gone louder but it does not have the performance to back up the db

a majority of my previous cars have had standard exhausts systems yeah it's under the radar and all that but it's just to boring, you need to hear a car before you see it.
Quote from FPVaaron :You need to hear a car before you see it.

The vast majority of the population, particularly those who are out of short trousers, would probably disagree.

I know whenever I hear and see a distinctly average car with a louder than necessary exhaust, I just get the feeling that the driver is trying too hard to get noticed. A bit like walking down the street and shouting at the top of your voice "Hey check me out, Im AWESOME, LOOK!!" and expecting it to impress people

Dont get me wrong, two of my first cars had non standard exhausts, but they were more about the quality of the sound than the quantity. The two are very different things.

Hey, im not bagging your choice of car, I happen to have a soft spot for the ridiculous opulance and affordability of the old IL's, even if they do handle like an oil tanker (and use roughly the same amount of fuel each day) but just dont expect the thinking population of the world to enojy having their ear drums assualted by a noise that anyone with a couple of $k, and a holesaw, could create themselves

Anyway, Im way OT now, so..., how about them Impreza sounds eh, not enough threads about those these days...
Quote from dynofiend :The vast majority of the population, particularly those who are out of short trousers, would probably disagree.

I know whenever I hear and see a distinctly average car with a louder than necessary exhaust, I just get the feeling that the driver is trying too hard to get noticed. A bit like walking down the street and shouting at the top of your voice "Hey check me out, Im AWESOME, LOOK!!" and expecting it to impress people

Dont get me wrong, two of my first cars had non standard exhausts, but they were more about the quality of the sound than the quantity. The two are very different things.

Hey, im not bagging your choice of car, I happen to have a soft spot for the ridiculous opulance and affordability of the old IL's, even if they do handle like an oil tanker (and use roughly the same amount of fuel each day) but just dont expect the thinking population of the world to enojy having their ear drums assualted by a noise that anyone with a couple of $k, and a holesaw, could create themselves

Anyway, Im way OT now, so..., how about them Impreza sounds eh, not enough threads about those these days...

The quality (not quantity)of noise is for me, if I cared so much about others views (mainly non enthusiast) I would have bought a prius.

Besides, under 2.5k rpm it doesn't get a second look, sounds like any old v8 just putting along down the street which is quite common here.

Impreza sound
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG