The online racing simulator
This patch is bad
(249 posts, started )
Quote from aoun :Whats a gripper?

It's the new mad tyte word for a racer.

If you're not drifting, you must be gripping... even though I'm nearly always sliding to a certain extent if I'm racing.
few nice tweeks wouldn't go a miss though,

even ask a few drifters? what they would like?
Quote from SamH :Honestly, I think the good drifters will prove that it's possible to drift with the new physics

yp,me and some good drifters has no probs cuz we're able to deal with these changes and it make drift a bit different,more realistic,and more fun!

a rev limiter add more reality before it was like an arcade game we wre able to rev up to 9-10k now 7500 is enough when you r a good drifter

if yall want unrealistic game just play crappy NFS prostreet!

iight not happy quit drifting,go racing or go kill yourself XD!
#55 - aoun
Quote from luftrofl :It's the new mad tyte word for a racer.

ROFLMAOO BADLYY

IM A GRIPPERR!!11!!!!!!11!1!! I GRIP THE GRIP TRACK IN MY GRIP CAR.

@ Saumilsingh, youve owned every person who said digital speedos are not sim like, including me! Well done lol.
Quote from autobot001 :few nice tweeks wouldn't go a miss though,

even ask a few drifters? what they would like?

I think LFS is for race first, and the drift comes after that.
Patch y
First things first, hey guys! CALM DOWN!

Only one thing bothers me so far with this new patch, i really think the 'digi-speedo' should return, those of us (like me) who have crappy resolution can struggle a bit to exactly nail a particular speed. There again i am biased because my 'true-life' car has a digital speedo All in all.......what everyone bitching for??
#58 - aoun
Quote from mackosajt :I think LFS is for race first, and the drift comes after that.

Dont you mean, LFS is for grippers first? :P
#59 - axus
Looks like LFS will be dropping some excess fat in its community. Good, I say. Anyone who can't be bothered to lift their foot off the gas for a moment to change gear shouldn't be playing LFS. Anyone who can't jab the throttle on a downshift shouldn't be playing LFS.

As for the tyres: before you could use R2s on GTR cars in endurance races, making the other options obsolete. Now you have some hotlapping/short stint tyres and some race tyres. Fit the right ones and drive. Oh, you can't set WR pace in a race because you have to take care of your tyres or drive on a harder compound? Boo, hoo. It's not all about constantly trying to beat your pb. It's about competetiveness over long distances. The GTR cars are meant for long distances.

Every physics patch, ever, has resulted in people going "it's too this, it's too that". And they have always been wrong: LFS has never had a bad patch.
#60 - joen
Patch Y seems to be the LFS equivalent of natural selection.
#62 - axus
Quote from joen :Patch Y seems to be the LFS equivalent of natural selection.

I shall quote you in my signature.
#63 - Don
rofl
#65 - JTbo
You guys could try bit harder to be polite, can't believe you are going down to their level here
last from me..

if I can drive with keys, and I don't have problems with clutch, grip etc., and I am only a novice, all other players with wheels must can drive cars without problems.
So i like Y
I hated drifting, I hate drifting more now by seeing these <10 posts drifters users who confuse reality with {fast and furious | xbox games | initialD | NFS | etc etc...}

So drifters lovers please buy your 200sx s15, tune it, and drift it like your japanese gods, live your dream for real. But... what? there's no more S15? tyres are too expensive? tuning budget is astronomic? real drifting is too difficult (just like LFS patch Y)?

Ok now we get to insulting people who prefer a different style of driving. >.> What's wrong with liking to drift? Yeah ok some of the drifters may have been harsh and maybe insulted people too, but just because I don't like Patch Y doesn't mean I'd want to go buy NFS instead of GT5..
Attached images
turpa.jpg
Quote from Don :good idea

:ices_rofl
I have never seen so much whining about a patch like this before!
It`s new, and you need to get used to it, strange how people canot give it some time before whining.
Quote from aoun :@ Saumilsingh, youve owned every person who said digital speedos are not sim like, including me! Well done lol.

That wasn't the intention I was simply pointing out that digital speedo's are very much real.

And even if they weren't, their existance in a sim would hardly affect its' aspirations towards realism.
It's less of a driving aid than say using a video camera as a rearview mirror.
Quote from weiman912005 :stfu u stupid american it is true this patch is so f****cked up

Seriously mate, you make me ashamed to have a Australian flag next to your name. Please get banned.
Quote from TKD-Wolf :Ok now we get to insulting people who prefer a different style of driving. >.> What's wrong with liking to drift? Yeah ok some of the drifters may have been harsh and maybe insulted people too, but just because I don't like Patch Y doesn't mean I'd want to go buy NFS instead of GT5..

I think it's more of a sense of hate towards LFS drifters. I believe that the vast majority of them should be banned from the internet and public roads because they suck at driving.

That said, I'm a drifting fan and I know that real drifters are smart and actually know how to drive.
Quote from TKD-Wolf :
Quote from Bogey Jammer :I hated drifting, I hate drifting more now by seeing these <10 posts drifters users who confuse reality with {fast and furious | xbox games | initialD | NFS | etc etc...}

So drifters lovers please buy your 200sx s15, tune it, and drift it like your japanese gods, live your dream for real. But... what? there's no more S15? tyres are too expensive? tuning budget is astronomic? real drifting is too difficult (just like LFS patch Y)?

Ok now we get to insulting people who prefer a different style of driving. >.> What's wrong with liking to drift? Yeah ok some of the drifters may have been harsh and maybe insulted people too, but just because I don't like Patch Y doesn't mean I'd want to go buy NFS instead of GT5..

He wasn't insulting the people, he was just pointing out that most of this negative feedback without proper arguments seems to come from (inexperienced-ish) drifters. And feels natural it doesn't make drifting or drifters seem any better in his eyes.
I'm a drifter since demo and I have to say I don't mind patch y. I never went above 8000 RPM anyway. Also I haven't burned a clutch yet (except to see how it was done). All this complaining and rudeness only puts drifters in a really bad light. Some of us like to be professional and realistic about it, meaning patch y is a good thing. Tire wear doesn't seem bad to me, but I've only had about an hour of experience to far. Have you ever seen the tires of a drift car after only one or two laps? They're burned all the way down to the mesh! The only complaint I have is that my fps has taken a serious hit. I'm a little surprised at the racers' comments here, most of you guys are not usually this disrespectful. Just remember not all drifters are such noobs. The smart ones keep their heads downin discussions like these because drifters have 0 respect in LFS.

This patch is bad
(249 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG