The online racing simulator
Hi-res distance markers (BL & SO)
(26 posts, started )
Hi-res distance markers
Hello. I've made some new hi-res coloured distance markers and arrows for the Blackwood and South City circuits. I've seen some of these floating around but they were very low quality, so I made my own . Enjoy!

Installation instructions:
Download the .dds files and put them in your lfs/data/dds folder, overwriting the originals. (I personally backed up my entire dds folder so I can go back to the originals at any time.)

Edit - Added Fern Bay, Aston, and Kyoto coloured markers. Westhill soon to come!

Edit 2 - Added Westhill coloured markers.
Attached images
so.jpg
bl.jpg
fb.jpg
ky.jpg
as.jpg
wst.jpg
Attached files
CTYmarkers2.dds - 682.8 KB - 1178 views
RALY_Arrows.dds - 682.8 KB - 1117 views
HGAarrows.dds - 682.8 KB - 985 views
JA_Arrows.dds - 682.8 KB - 946 views
WST_arrows.dds - 682.8 KB - 860 views
#2 - tade
I'm downloading them immediately, the gradient colors seem to be extremely useful, great work.
They look pretty useful, cheers
cool. south city S1 style.
OO, those look fantastic! I'm not a fan of the font on the Blackwood ones, though. I'd prefer a bold sans-serif font like the origionals, but either way these look very nice.
I agree with you, now that I take another look at them the font looks out of place. I'll change it.

Quote from Zachary Zoomy :cool. south city S1 style.

What do you mean? Look at the screenshot from S1...
Attached images
s1.jpg
#7 - Jakg
May i recommend Seogoe UI? imo it's a great font! Would suit it perfectly!
Ok someone pick one:
Attached images
segoe.jpg
ms.jpg
arial.jpg
Arial Bold looks best imho. The others are too stringy and thin methinks. The numbers are supposed to be visible, so boldness is key. Maybe stretch the numbers vertically to cover more space on the marker?
agreed. Perhaps Helvetica Compressed black?
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I agree with you, not that I take another look at them the font looks out of place. I'll change it.

What do you mean? Look at the screenshot from S1...

i mean it looks sorta like S1. and there's nothing wrong with that!
Alright I'm gonna stick with Arial Bold cause Helvetica looks pretty much the same as Arial. I've stretched the numbers a bit so I think they are very visible now. I've posted the updated file in the first post.
Attached images
arial stretched.jpg
Awesome :up: I shall now downloadeth
Ok I've stretched them out even more, now they should look very good from far away. Hopefully this will be the last update.

Honestly, if anyone wants me to do something similar with the ones for Fern Bay, Westhill, Kyoto, or Aston just tell me, and I'll do them too.
*Raises hand*

Alright I will do them! I will post them in this thread, next to the existing ones. Check back here in a few days.
Did the Fern Bay, Westhill, Kyoto and Aston markers ever get made?

I did a search but cant fine em.
I love the BL and SO markers and want to complete the collection
i need them for all tracks too, cause i don't know when to brake
:bump:

Wow I completely forgot about this thread!

I went ahead and did a few more tracks, Fern Bay, Aston, and Kyoto. Check the first post for the files. Only Westhill is left, and I expect to finish it tomorrow. Enjoy!
LOVE IT! thanks!
These are excellent - thanks!!!
Great job! Thanks
Excellent
It's been a while! Finally got around to doing the Westhill coloured markers. Enjoy!
cheers dude, trying them out later

Hi-res distance markers (BL & SO)
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG