The online racing simulator
LFSLazy
(1573 posts, started )
Quote from Nilex :Works wonderful, great job Fading effect is spot on

Unfortunately I had to disable cause i need another pair of eyes too keep track of it and sometimes it look like little spiders are moving on my monitor, fuk that

It was very distracting in the begining, you can't keep eyes on road, just looking at it. Later when you get used to it, you look only when needed

Quote from Eclipsed :No idea,how it looks at this one as there are no screens,but I'm using a radar from Aonio for years now - very useful help especially for someone,who drives with follow view.

Posted preview : https://www.youtube.com/watch? ... qaGs&feature=youtu.be
#52 - pipa
Great work on this and cheers for the quick update.

Hope the V8 sound will be back at some point, missing it.
not work for me.... help ?
my lfs is 0.6E
do i must load new lfs??
Quote from Jatimc :not work for me.... help ?
my lfs is 0.6E
do i must load new lfs??

Version 0.6E is not compatible, as there is no some of new commands. Use 0.6F
Still no work...
Quote from Nilex :Could not create file mapping object.

This is where it stops for me. Cant run LFSLazy anymore. When tried somethin else, it showed cant load car.png image etc..
LFSLazy not showing 0.6F host at server list.

I use BETA:
BUILD : Jun 22 2014 14:30:48
@Litro
have you downloaded lazy+radar.rar? Not the one in the first post. The 'unpack to your LFS folder.rar' fodler structure is kinda confusing - you have to put the dll file inside LFS root folder and overwrite data folder (it will only add one subfolder there). The existing DLL folder inside the rar is unnecessary.

@Draggo
no idea, but you copy/pasted you pubstat key from lfsw into lazy?

@Daniel
I myself use the 06.21. dated version (from first post atm) because if i delete the dll file from "lazy+radar" and "unpack to your LFS folder.rar" combo i get the "Could not create file mapping object." error.
And i delete the dll so to prevent possible errors that might arise in the future from God knows what . Just so i don't have to think about it. It's not needed for me as i don't use radar.
If you could make the newest exe not to be sensitive about the missing dll but still generate an info/error msg when the user tries to enable the radar without it that would be swell
Hope i made some sense lol
Quote from Jatimc :Still no work...

Jati's problem is not on LFSLazy's side, its on his PC's side. For example he cannot connect other insim apps, such as Aonio. This is most likely firewall issue, but I wont be able to help him as he refuse to use Remote Desktop programs.
Quote from Litro :This is where it stops for me. Cant run LFSLazy anymore. When tried somethin else, it showed cant load car.png image etc..

As Nilex said, did you placed d3d9.dll on the right place (LFS root) as well as car pics?
Quote from Draggo :LFSLazy not showing 0.6F host at server list.

I use BETA:
BUILD : Jun 22 2014 14:30:48

Thanks, thats fixed now in my version.
Problem was before I didn't thought 0.6F and 0.6E will be compatible
Program by default showed hosts starting with "0.6E", if 0.6E filter was checked...
Quote from Nilex :
@Daniel
I myself use the 06.21. dated version (from first post atm) because if i delete the dll file from "lazy+radar" and "unpack to your LFS folder.rar" combo i get the "Could not create file mapping object." error.
And i delete the dll so to prevent possible errors that might arise in the future from God knows what . Just so i don't have to think about it. It's not needed for me as i don't use radar.
If you could make the newest exe not to be sensitive about the missing dll but still generate an info/error msg when the user tries to enable the radar without it that would be swell
Hope i made some sense lol

That version doesn't have really anything more than the radar, as you don't use it best solution is to use version from first post.
Whole point of error was to force users to put that DLL inside LFS root, as obviously otherwise it wouldn't work. (and then again I get "no work..." comments, while problem is not in LFSLazy but following steps)

New version should be much easier on that installation part, for example it doesn't require you to put d3d9.dll neither pics anywhere, everything is inside LFSLazy.exe. Still it need some fine tunning, but in general it should provide better experience.
Could not create file mapping object

I also got that error.
After startet LFSLazy through a batch file and now through a script the problem is gone and it works very well.

Great tool, Thanks DANIEL-CRO
Bravo kolega.
can u add some kind of shiftlight ...

on certain RPM warn to shift ... customizable by car and by gear?

2nd gear at xx rpm
3rd gear at yy rpm
4th gear at zz rpm

pls?
That wouldn't be problem at all, but again as some other suggestions I don't think many people will find something like this usefull. Here I primarily think of "customizable by car and by gear". There are 20 cars in LFS multiply that with some average number of gears = damn thats a lot and I doubt anyone will bother to configure all this.
Right now RPM gadget become red when RPM is over 95% of maximum. I find that more or less optimum in most cars. Perhaps I could make it configurable by car, but each gear thats just way too much. Over 100 values for user to configure
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :That wouldn't be problem at all, but again as some other suggestions I don't think many people will find something like this usefull. Here I primarily think of "customizable by car and by gear". There are 20 cars in LFS multiply that with some average number of gears = damn thats a lot and I doubt anyone will bother to configure all this.
Right now RPM gadget become red when RPM is over 95% of maximum. I find that more or less optimum in most cars. Perhaps I could make it configurable by car, but each gear thats just way too much. Over 100 values for user to configure

but that is easy .. it should be a rpm number for default, lets say 7000, for every car and every gear thats the value to activate the shiftlight... and only when u customize a car ( could be only editing a txt file, dont need to be more elaborated than that ) it uses the custom values of that file.

bad english but in IRL am a IT engineer
Really hard to live without this, so I'd have to ask in advance for a F2 version update?
Just few hours from F2

Anyway, here it is:
[old version, link removed]
[B]Changes:[/B]
Added menu to tray
Gadgets edit - side menu and split info moveable
Added (and moved) some options to Menu->Options
Added some kind of documentation to Menu->Options
Acceleration timer - 0-100km/h (0-60mph)
Removed functions menu and F9 menu
Chat and all messages now logged to separate files
Window now resizable by width too when Chat History is enabled

Also version with new radar I talked about: (separate as some people don't want to use radar and its still kinda beta)
[old version, link removed]
[B]Changes:[/B]
Doesn't require dll in LFS folder or car pictures (you can delete them)
Simple benchmark - /o bench
More sizes of radar
Adjustable range
Option to color cars to blue (blue flag) or yellow (yellow flag)

Use at your own risk.
DOWNLOAD ALL THE THINGS!!11 :woohoo:

I'll probably use the radar version but meh, why not have both kits.

I'm a greedy little ****

Nevertheless, thank you very much
Thank alot

Feels very polished now with how you arranged it all and new split info is much better!
I took the radar version, but it doesn't appear for some reason. I have it enabled in UI and in options. What did I miss Using F2

EDIT: Radar works now! Problem was that another program, Digi Speedo, required it's own DLL inside LFS folder which 'clashed' with the DLL Radar needs. There was no error message of any kind about missing Radar so I had to remember of that digi dll after which i deleted it (that digi didn't work for me anyways), after which Radar just started working
So, keep note of your DLLs!
The new version without dependence on the dll works fine. thanks
Finaly works thanks ! great stuff daniel !
Quote from Nilex :Problem was that another program...

Any d3d9.dll in LFS folder will make radar unavailable. I'm aware of that, but still didn't have time to look if I could fix it somehow.

Quote from Jatimc :Finaly works thanks ! great stuff daniel !

As I said earlier problem isn't on LFSLazy's side, but your PC (LFS).
If anyone encounter problem that he cannot open insim port (/insim), you should go to Multiplayer->Start new host and when reach configuration screen delete IP address (leave it blank).
Hope it will be better/easier/fixed... in next version of LFS.
Great! Thanks!
Please implement a version number in your tool. It's hard to find out, which one is the newest. also if you publish new download links as a comment in this threat instead in the first one. thanks

The documentation (pdf) is outdated by the way.
Way back I had version numbers, but often I just forget to update them so version number is same for months and after xxx changes
However in Help->About you can see date and time when the exe was built. Compiler does that automatically so less troubles for me

Not exactly sure what do you mean with link? Put a pure link instead of
DOWNLOAD LFSLazy?

Yeah, I already got complains about PDF. Guess its now safe to remove it, because I'm way to lazy to update it. Recently there was a documentation added in LFS. Go to LFS, side menu, Options, Documentation and click Open. Its more up to date

LFSLazy
(1573 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG