The online racing simulator
Demo, S1 and S2 together servers...
Ok, I don't know if it's suggested before but what about servers which can handle Demo S1 and S2 players at once, so the S2 people can drive with a car that's in S2, and the Demo players can only choose one of the three cars...

Or will that be too much Demo -]C®@Z]-[0rxz in S2 invasion'ish'?
it has

i say S1 and S2 servers should integrate when possible

NOT demo!
that would make a mess, and be annoying for everyone that has a license
Quote from XCNuse :it has

i say S1 and S2 servers should integrate when possible

NOT demo!
that would make a mess, and be annoying for everyone that has a license

Is that like S2 racers can race with S2 cars on S1 track with S1 racers that only can race S1 cars?
or am I totally wrong now...?
my idea about a S1+2 server is S1 player can play all S1 cars and tracks on a S2 server but if the server change the track on a S2 lvl the s1 player would have to leave the server because they cant drive or they could view the race
no like.. S2 drivers can drive S1 cars on S1 licensed servers

since there are literally 1 to 0 S1 servers, and everyone with an S1 license hates it, then S2 drivers should be able to drive S1 cars on S1 servers

as many S2 servers with S1 cars that there are, i think it would be fair for S2 licensees to be able to drive on S1 servers (not with S2 cars of course..)
O ok...

So... It will be a mess if...(see 1st post)
#7 - Lible
No: People with S1 license should be able to join servers with S1 content - You can't limit S1 content servers to S1, because people will enable one S2 car and then, it's S2 server.

Anyway, S1 licenses are no longer sold.
pay 12 pounds and you get S1

...how many S2 servers do you see how there with S1 content? if you dont want to waste your time... well i will lol (im looking up even the empty servers)

as of the time im typing this there are 454 licensed servers up
and as of this time, there are 45 servers running S1 content
also as of right now.... there are .. wow, only 1 server in S1 (that includes private, empty, full etc.)

so in the end, everyone with S1 here could play on 45 servers.. 1 of which is being run in S1

i didnt look at the tracks they are running since .. well none of this matters really, its not like its hard to change car choices and tracks
I don't think it is as simple as that. I think that there is a special "S1 compatibility mode" for S2.
thats besides the point lol, were just talking about letting S1 users play online which they rarely get to do
IMO when S3 comes out the current S1 drivers should be offered S2 at half price. Or should I stop thinking aloud.
ya.. next time you have a thought... just let it go

lol, i doubt the devs would do that, im pretty sure the price will stay the same for a while
Quote from wheel4hummer :I don't think it is as simple as that. I think that there is a special "S1 compatibility mode" for S2.

That's interesting:

s1 people could run s1 car and tracks on s2 server, and if the track change they however could be able to spectate.

Demo players no, are not recognizable with a not changeable username, so it will be hard to implement and to block wreckers
A Thought
When S3 comes out I dont thank that S2 licensed people should have to pay to have a S3 license. Since we done spent 24GBP.
This thread is a trainwreck.

Victor has already commented on the situation a while back, with the result being that the current situation works well enough, considering the small amount of S1 licensees. The work included to change the licensing system would be totally wasted time as the benefit would be practically nil. That might change if S3 comes around, but not now.

Also essentially removing S1 content from S2 servers is the worst idea I've heard since a long time :thumbsdow
#16 - joen
Quote from confoundla :When S3 comes out I dont thank that S2 licensed people should have to pay to have a S3 license. Since we done spent 24GBP.

I thank they do. Because S2 licensed people paid for...S2 and not S3.
I will gladly cough up 12 quid for S3.
Quote from confoundla :When S3 comes out I dont thank that S2 licensed people should have to pay to have a S3 license. Since we done spent 24GBP.

So if I buy RaceGameA,then buy RaceGameB,I get RaceGameC for free?

how does 24GPB for S2 = S3 also?

BTW: You are the mania of the english stylish language
As I scroll through this thread I cannot see a single S1 driver, LOL... You guys.

It's a common thing in online games that everybody plays the content of the latest expansion, when S3 comes out S2 will die pretty quickly. I imagine the same happened with S1 when S2 came out - although I wasn't around then.

I had the same thing when I was an Everquest player, every few months Sony released a new expansion which if you didn't have - you basically ended up playing old content by yourself and you couldn't partake in guild life. This is when I stopped playing because when I added up the cost of the regular expansions onto the monthly fee a game just wasn't worth that kind of money, but the point is - everyone who still plays the game migrates except for a handful who put it off for as long as they can.

There are no/few S1 servers these days, and when there are there are no players to play on them.

Yes I think the system could be improved, I think that S1/S2 servers should appear in the same listing and I think a server with S1 content should be hosted as S1 regardless of the license specified in the config file - and I think S2 players should see both server listings on the same tab, and I think S1 players should see just those servers they have licenses for.

However there's a reason this wont happen now: S1 is already dead.

There's a reason it's not that likely to happen with S3 too: It would directly impact sales and slow down the migration of users from S2 to S3.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG