The online racing simulator
Redline Race of Champions event!
(36 posts, started )
Redline Race of Champions event!
Hello Racers!

I would like to welcome you all at The Race of Champions!

I got this idea to build a layout which has basicly the same meaning as the true excisting Race of Champions. This means the track (Fernbay) is split in two lanes and has a intersection without any unrealistic jumps or bumps. With all the testing we have done so far it is really unlickely people will hit each other at the intersection. It hasn't happened during races yet.

Both drivers will each start in a different lane and will be driving the left and right lane equally often. So far I have noticed battles are really really close and often end in a photofinish, it's great to watch and drive.

Will you remain cool under great pressure? Are you fast over just a couple of laps? Can you reach the top of the schedule in the end of the event? Than YOU should participate in The Race of Champions!

Therefore there is an event coming up! The Race of Champions knockout!

Important: Signing up is required!

I have to make a schedule so that's why signing up is required. You can sign up by posting a reply here.
Please reply with your drivers name and team name.

You can take a practice run on Redline Racing 10. Scroll down for more specific information.

The Race of Champions knockout event
  • 11th May 2013 (Saturday)
  • 20.00u. CEST
  • Server: Redline Racing 10
  • Car: XRG - LX4 - FBM
  • Fernbay Race of Champions layout.
  • Signup required.
  • TeamSpeak required
The procedure
At 20.00u. CEST the official event will start. From there on we will have a qualification, this qualification is used to set up the most competitive battles. The duration of the qualification depends on how much people sign up to the event.

After the qualification I will have try to have the most honest schedule ready for every driver. Every race will be driven by only 2 drivers who are competing at that time, this means we will going to have a winner and someone who lost. Don't worry a single loss doesnt mean you are out of the game!

There will be two race leader to control the race and make sure the correct people are on track, it still depends on how much drivers will sign up for the great battle whether we have to ask everybody to join teamspeak or not. If we use teamspeak it will only be used just to inform the driver, drivers do not have to answer. So people without a microphone can join. You will soon be informed about this matter.

Practicing
You are able to practice on the Redline Racing 10 server. On saturday there will be time to practice before the official event starts.

For more information send me a PM or just ask Redline Danny on the tracks..

Now we hope to see you all Saturday at The Race of Champions!

Redline Danny.
#2 - xyx
I would like to participate on your Race of Champions event.

My Registration

LFSWorld Name: xyx
In-Game Name: xyx
Full Team Name: N/A
Nation:Slovenia
Great layout, Im in.

Driver: Jan banan
Team: None
1stBFA Jati
1stBFA
Driver: cq.s1lent
Team: Conquest Racing
LFSWorld Name: gilles2007
In-Game Name: Tech3R(tm)Namix
Full Team Name: N/A
Nation:France

Weeee !
name: 1stBFA Pantheo
team: 1stBFA
Very nice to have you guys!

I am happy to announce more RoC races will come! I got another layout ready which is really amazing and also more suitable to other cars.

I also developed a schedule with points included... i did some imaginaire simulations and i think the points table really works out well

This means we have a championship battle!

I'll try to finish the Points system asaply and post it here

See you all Saturday!

Greetz
Danny
Another contender!

In-game name: v\A.Ylöstalo
Username: sMaShMolTh
Team :

Participation will remain unsure for the moment.
#10 - Aadu
R.Fiets/2e.hands.pakfiets
none.

Hope do be there. In case I can't, I'll let ya know.
(buzy rl :o )

Good luck with this event, I really enjoyed it ^^
In-Game Name: 1stBFA Oliver
Team Name: 1stBFA Racing Team
Thorsten Ulrich organized the first RoC in LFS, maybe ask his help.
In-game name: #11 Mario-Mladen
Username: TrIpLe M
Team :

let's rock!
In-game name: Ixion.Mouse
Username: MousemanLV
Team : Ixion.Simsports

doing dis cuz I know danny, will be fun xd
In-game name: Redline Doji
Username: doji73
Team :Redline Racing

Registration
In-game name: Banana PalmacinO
Username: palenka
Team: Banana

GO GO GO !!!
Hello all Racers!

I've got an example for the knockout system ready. For all the drivers who want to see how the race exactly went.. i will upload a way better looking excel file after the race. The excel file isnt completly done yet.

This schedule has been made to show how the schedule works but also when we have a imperfect number of participants. Perfect numberof participants in a knockout schedule can always be devided by 4. If not, this schedule will show how it's solved the fairest way.

So as the image makes clear, we got two different divisions. This will divide all the drivers in two different groups basicly, which means that every driver who lost his first race, still is able to win his or her division. All participants will compete in the first race against his most competitive opponent.

For every round you racet yourself into, you earn points. Lets make up the championship standings after this imaginairy race:
  1. Driver 1 28 points
  2. Driver 10 25 points
  3. Driver 7 24 points
  4. Driver 8 22 points
  5. Driver 9 22 points
  6. Driver 2 20 points
  7. Driver 4 17 points
  8. Driver 5 17 points
  9. Driver 3 16 points
  10. Driver 6 16 points
I'm no champion,but I'll try my luck:

Name: RG^Rony
Team: Race Green Autosports
Looks good Danny! Count me in.

Name: Steelbeen
Team: Marlboro Team
Quote from rockclan :Thorsten Ulrich organized the first RoC in LFS, maybe ask his help.

Wrong info, there was a more successful RoC events than his one before him event.
In-game name: Banana°Kalio
Username: Noell
Team: Banana Team
In-game name: [MRc] Michal
LFSW Username: michal 1279
Team: Master Race car
LFSWorld Name: dislozierter
In-Game Name: 1stBFA Dislo
Full Team Name: 1stBFA
Nation: Gondwana
FM^Ronald
FM