The online racing simulator
LX exhaust
(22 posts, started )
LX exhaust
Made a new more retro style exhaust for the LX's and thought I might as well share it.
Comments welcome.
Attached images
lx exhaust.jpg
Attached files
K8_exhaust1.dds - 341.5 KB - 2916 views
Quote from teaz-R :Made a new more retro style exhaust for the LX's and thought I might as well share it.
Comments welcome.

Very nice, tnx
Quote from teaz-R :Made a new more retro style exhaust for the LX's and thought I might as well share it.
Comments welcome.

Nice one!!
Awesome work mate Is Sorja a real company or a fictional one?
That would be BORLA... and it's real
Stupid eyes, I can't read :P hehe
those holes are WAAAAY to big though, thats for sure
i think they are about the right size
Not installed yet but downloading now. Looks nice though from the little screenshot. Good work!
not for a car like that

it looks like black holes or shotgun shells have been blowin into that thing, the hole size looks horrid :S

i can assure you that you'd never see holes that large on an exhaust pipe.. the largest i've ever seen haven't exceeded much more than an inch in diameter

..those would be like 2 inches in diameter
Comments welcome.

Good work thanks
Quote from XCNuse :not for a car like that

it looks like black holes or shotgun shells have been blowin into that thing, the hole size looks horrid :S

i can assure you that you'd never see holes that large on an exhaust pipe.. the largest i've ever seen haven't exceeded much more than an inch in diameter

..those would be like 2 inches in diameter

You don't have to use it of course...
Quote from XCNuse :[...]i can assure you that you'd never see holes that large on an exhaust pipe..[...]

You should do your own to show us...
Quote from teaz-R :You don't have to use it of course...

oh im not saying that; its really good looking, im just saying that its unrealistic looking thats all, i have nothing against it, its just the holes are much bigger than they would be if a car like that ever had an exhaust like that

@vortec; i may not be able to make a texture, but i can take a picture of one of the 2 sprint cars my dad still owns to show you how small the holes normally are on external side exhaust pipes
I'd like to see those pictures
At the end of the day they are just heat shields to stop you doing a 'Tim Birkin', so it doesn't matter how big the holes are as long as there is sufficient material to resist fatigue from vibrations.

The example above would probably fall to bits quite quickly, but there is nothing to say you can't make one like that...
lol they still can burn your leg though.. thats what my dad learned one day getting out of an old lotus 7 he said; unfortunately i was too young at the time and sold it.. for me ..not sure if thats a good thing or not lol

here are some pictures though

as you can see, a triump motorcycle uses just like a wire protector, kinda interesting... and you can also see that the last engine there that ford DOHC engine... who needs a heat shield

(sorry about blurryness on the triump picture, camera is getting quite old and requires a flash now to take a clear picture nowadays.. not sure why, but it is .. getting to be 6 years old now at 2 megapixels lol)
Attached images
P1010035 (Small).JPG
P1010037 (Small).JPG
P1010038 (Small).JPG
P1010040 (Small).JPG
Of course it gets hot, but your Dad didn't die of blood poisoning from the burn now did he? In comparison it's just above ambient
Excuse me sir, you just bumper a 2 years old thread for no appearent reason...
Quote from Riders Motion :Excuse me sir, you just bumper a 2 years old thread for no appearent reason...

i'am really good at bumping old threads

LX exhaust
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG