The online racing simulator
WTCC - Seat pull out.
(39 posts, started )
WTCC - Seat pull out.
With the seats gone it might become intresting now.
#3 - Mysho
Well it isn't shock but it's strange.. We'll see what will WTCC be like without them.
Was always goin to happen
#5 - 5haz
Hurrah, Andy Priaulx can get back to winning.

It was getting ridiculous, a big yellow train at the head of near every race.
Any self respecting manufacturer should get out of front wheel drive racing especially when you're punished with weight penalties when you're doing well!
They'll be back in 2011. Until then, Go Priaulx, go!
Where Tarquini, Muller, Gene and the others will go now?
I think Fabrizio Giovanardi was allso looking for a ride in the WTCC now that Vauxhall have left the BTCC so I wonder where he will end up now?
Quote from NitroNitrous :Where Tarquini, Muller, Gene and the others will go now?

Well, only official statement is that Chevrolet signs Muller instead of Larini so far.
diesel
i think the ladas gona win next year
Quote from aobrien :Was always goin to happen

Yeah tbh I thought so too, but not to this extent.. I thought they might have just scaled down to 2 cars.
Quote from mblixt :i think the ladas gona win next year

No, I think Bowtie.
Quote from Mysho :Well, only official statement is that Chevrolet signs Muller instead of Larini so far.

In the end its just down to who can influence the parity judges best. Unless all cars use the same rule book its not more than entertainment.
Quote from Mustafur :With the seats gone it might become intresting now.

I guess they will have to hire midgets to drive otherwise they will have to put sunroofs in the car so the driver can stand
for all good guys celebrating to see Seat withdraw from WTCC and think the Diesels leave together with the Seats, I don't want to stop your party, but Seat is going to sell the diesels to privateers. I wonder why BMW didn't introduce their diesel into WTCC. They tested a WTCC-style diesel engine in a BMW 1er at the 24h at the Nürburgring Nordschleife and the other endurance races there in the last two years.
Priaulx ftw now he can prove he is the better driver out of him and Farfus and i would love to see him win a 4th WTCC title
#19 - JJ72
So did Seat pull out in time? Ain't gonna be good if an accident happen and give birth to baby Seats would it.....
Lada to pull out of WTCC
I just read in a journalist's blog that Lada will announce their withdrawal from WTCC this week...
link (in portuguese): http://colunistas.ig.com.br/vi ... ins/2010/01/18/lada-inha/

I know the Lada pull out won't be as big of a hit to the competition as the Seat's... but if it turns out to be true, can we say WTCC is a dead category?
#21 - 5haz
WTCC could certainly do with some fixing, its very broken.

And BTCC too, everything has gone so far downhill in European Touring car racing since the 80s and 90s.
Quote from bahilsom :I just read in a journalist's blog that Lada will announce their withdrawal from WTCC this week...
link (in portuguese): http://colunistas.ig.com.br/vi ... ins/2010/01/18/lada-inha/

I know the Lada pull out won't be as big of a hit to the competition as the Seat's... but if it turns out to be true, can we say WTCC is a dead category?

That would be disappointing, couldn't give a toss about the SEAT diesel train, but Lada where interesting. I think James T was going to be racing with them from the start this season?
Quote from DratsaB :That would be disappointing, couldn't give a toss about the SEAT diesel train, but Lada where interesting. I think James T was going to be racing with them from the start this season?

no. James Thomo wants to drive in Danish Touring Cars, European Touring Car Cup, Scandinavian Touring Car Championship in his Honda and he is thinking about starting in a few WTCC races with the same Honda. Also he told a german Motorsport Website that he thinks lada got some potential. If this is true... well... it would be sad. Seat is only pulling out for until the new rules are used. I think (beware: personal opinion) it's just Seat not wanting to pay for something they cannot sell after this season, or at least which cannot be used again on World Championship level. Some of the WTCC sold to germany and used in the ADAC Procar are 3 years behind the cars on World Championship level.
Quote from 5haz :WTCC could certainly do with some fixing, its very broken.

And BTCC too, everything has gone so far downhill in European Touring car racing since the 80s and 90s.

BTCC? have you seen any of last years races? its stronger now than with 10 manufacturers, no manufacturers makes for a better series because you dont have the big business people of the manufacturers bossing the underdogs around.

BTCC this year is gonna be quite a big entry list and looks like we're in for one of the most competitive years ever in BTCC.
Quote from trebor901 :BTCC? have you seen any of last years races? its stronger now than with 10 manufacturers, no manufacturers makes for a better series because you dont have the big business people of the manufacturers bossing the underdogs around.

Talkin out your arse again. No manufacturers means no real talent. 1996, Menu, Beila, Winkelhock, Harvey, Rydell, Cleland, Leslie, Will Hoy, Ravaglia, Kox, Kelvin Burt, Radisich and Thompson, all in
Vauxhall, Volvo, Ford, Audi, Renault, Peugeot, and even Honda. Which made great racing.

WTCC - Seat pull out.
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG