The online racing simulator
Quote from fanis ::wow: nice job...To understand better in the tyre physics, you change and this???---> http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODk0NDEzMDA=.html .Now for those who drift i was thinking to add a new tyre, drift tyre.My opinion...

I aree with what is explained in the video. I even totally agree. But don't be rude with the devs, they are doing their best to make the best simulation ever (which is already the best, imho). I hope tho tht tyres will be fixed the way it is shown in the video.

About drift tyres... Well I often drift in LFS and I enjoy doing this. But I think adding "drift" tyres is not a good thing in itself. Normal tyres do the job great enough
Drifters drift on normal high perfomance road tires, or cheap chinese road tires, or cheap used junk depending on the money. I have done some research in may to see what tires they used in d1gp japan in 2008:

Toyo team : http://www.toyoeditor.com/r1r.html Toyo R1R Threadwear 140

Dunlop: http://www.1010tires.com/tire. ... irezza+Sport+Z1+Star+Spec Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec Threadwear 200

Yokohama: http://www.vulcantire.com/neova_t.htm Advan Neova Threadwear 180

Goodyear: http://www.goodyear.com.sg/eagle_rs_sport.html Eagle Rs Sport

Bridgestone: http://www.potenza.jp/lineup/re11/info/ Potenza RE11 Threadwear 180

Tires making coloured smoke are used very rarely, just for "show".

What we need is steering lock, tracking (spacers) and caster settings back.

Anyway, I can't wait for new physics update.
So if we can have Drift tyres, can we also have Arcade tyres? Keyboard tyres? Steering-With-Tilt-Of-Laptop tyres?

I thought not.

You forgot Mac tyres.
for the drift the bigger rims are not for beauty but for stretching the rubber more to drift better with it. And there's different types of tires special for drift with less grapple and blah blah blah.. but in the real word they drift with "what they got" ( not tires from tractor tho )
now with the tire Physics i can drift with FXR - RACE_S i dont expect with the new ones the same thing for that i want too some *goodies* for drifters ( there are tires for offfffffffroad )
There is going to be rage all over this place here soon
Wheres Dawesdust? :hide:
Think he means after Android's reply.
Well, I'm not allowed to have an opinion without receiving more and more infractions so I guess I can't comment.

Great moderating.

Yes Im sure Dawesdust will reply soon lol, although if you give it out you have to take it too

On topic: LFS can't get these updates soon enough imho.

Edit:// He beat me to it lol.
Quote from mclarenmatt :Yes Im sure Dawesdust will reply soon lol, although if you give it out you have to take it too

On topic: LFS can't get these updates soon enough imho.

I don't get what you're talking about. I've posted 3 times now.

I am not allowed to post my opinion anymore, or I'll just get banned. What's the bloody point in getting banned?

Oh right, because some people seem to think it never happens to me... other than the 2 or 3 times it has already happened.
Quote from BOSCHO :for the drift the bigger rims are not for beauty but for stretching the rubber more to drift better with it.

wat
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I don't get what you're talking about. I've posted 3 times now.

I am not allowed to post my opinion anymore, or I'll just get banned. What's the bloody point in getting banned?

Oh right, because some people seem to think it never happens to me... other than the 2 or 3 times it has already happened.

I meant before you have argued about Mac and now people make a few jokes about it, wasn't going on about your posts in this thread.

Anyway I have seen you join the NKP GPC Championship so welcome

*Sorry for off-topic*.
Quote from mclarenmatt :I meant before you have argued about Mac and now people make a few jokes about it, wasn't going on about your posts in this thread.

Anyway I have seen you join the NKP GPC Championship so welcome

*Sorry for off-topic*.

Yeah, and I hope to win!

(Lies, I'm far too slow, I just want fun.)
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well, I'm not allowed to have an opinion without receiving more and more infractions so I guess I can't comment.

Great moderating.

Sorry mate to disagree with you. I think that often you put yourselfe in the front line, by at most time join the debat windows vs pc, or at many times pointing to the good things to mac and it's superiority.

Now, I do agree that you have got some undeserved flaming, but my best advice is to ignore the ones that tells those jokes / rude remarks, eventually they'll get borred and move allong.

And if you think you are sacrifised to the mob, look what was allowed to Lerts. Since people looked at he as a nutcase they were allowed to basically tell him he was a fukctard withing any infractions ever beeing given to any of the ones that spoke really offending to him.

So, it's not that bad, and secondly, ignore the ones that repetly brings this up, eventually they find some more usefull to use their time on.
^ Thanks for your essay, Mr. Serious.
Quote from The Very End :Sorry mate to disagree with you. I think that often you put yourselfe in the front line, by at most time join the debat windows vs pc, or at many times pointing to the good things to mac and it's superiority.

Now, I do agree that you have got some undeserved flaming, but my best advice is to ignore the ones that tells those jokes / rude remarks, eventually they'll get borred and move allong.

And if you think you are sacrifised to the mob, look what was allowed to Lerts. Since people looked at he as a nutcase they were allowed to basically tell him he was a fukctard withing any infractions ever beeing given to any of the ones that spoke really offending to him.

So, it's not that bad, and secondly, ignore the ones that repetly brings this up, eventually they find some more usefull to use their time on.

Except I'm talking from a moderator PM+infraction that basically says I must refrain from opinioning or I get more infractions so I might as well just post boring blank posts.
Quote from AndroidXP :^ Thanks for your essay, Mr. Serious.

Stop beeing mean to me, or I'll turn emo

Edit : Dave, what's beeing told by a moderator in a PM is not something you should say on forum, the post will likely be deleted Either way, if it helps, my brother got a MAC last week, and it got some fancy sollution, I can admit that
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yeah, and I hope to win!

(Lies, I'm far too slow, I just want fun.)

Well I will have to race you on track some time

I managed to win one race last season but Jaap, Moose and a few others are in a League of their own with their pace!
Quote from mclarenmatt :Well I will have to race you on track some time

I managed to win one race last season but Jaap, Moose and a few others are in a League of their own with their pace!

I'm actually just terrible! Clean (stupid LFS teaching me racing rules! ) but not at all fast. A "OMG UBER FAST" lap for me in the F2000 is still 4 seconds off the nKrank's best... I pretty much suck

P.S Tor: It's Dustin
This thread is closed

New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
(1075 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG