PDA

View Full Version : [LTC] 24 Hour Endurance Race

Pilchje3369
22nd June 2009, 18:51
Hello all i am [LTC] Pilchje the events organiser for Live To Cruise. After some hard work on behalf of the LTC members we have now put together our 2nd 24 hour endurance race and would like to take this opportunity to open the invites to all who play LiveForSpeed. This is how we have got it layed out for the 2nd Endurance

Name: [LTC] Endurance II

Prize Fund: 2,000,000 LTC Cash

Winning Team: 400,000

2nd Place Team: 300,000

3rd Place Team: 200,000

4th Place Team: 100,000

Other: LTC cash and Licence Points are earned by all drivers while driving

Date: July 11th 00:01 GMT - July 12th - 00:01 GMT

Track: FE4

Vehicles:
Class 1 : Turbo Cup (XRT/RB4/FXO)
Class 2 : Giant Turbo Racers Cup (FXR/FZR/XRR)

Thinking at the minute that it will probably fail?? Then let me show you the results from our past endurance event held April 11th.

End Results (http://www.livetocruise.net/files/enduro_11-04-2009_results.htm)

Distance Driven (http://www.livetocruise.net/enduro_stats_distance_cache.php)

We had around 4 or 5 People who managed to run the whole 24 hours. The server had a good 40+ Participants at the start and with a custom insim built we were able to keep track of all the stats and throughout the whole 24 hours never went under 15 connections

So if you would like to participate then Signups are open :

http://www.livetocruise.net/enduro.php

Rules can be found Here (http://forums.livetocruise.net/showthread.php?t=4397) or Linked on sign up page

If you have any questions then feel free to ask and i will try to answer. Other then that hope to see a few new faces in the event and make it another successful 24Hour event

SERVER IS NOW UP : [LTC] Enduro

SRR Marty
22nd June 2009, 19:01
so this is a cruising endurance or what? with speed limits and so on?

EliteAti
22nd June 2009, 19:05
An actual race, prizes are just as Cruise Money, doesnt look bad to me :shrug:

Pilchje3369
22nd June 2009, 19:36
so this is a cruising endurance or what? with speed limits and so on?

No speed limits this is just a 24 hour long race. We using some of the cruise insim stuff to display data and show leader boards but it will be all out racing for the most distance over the time

SRR Marty
22nd June 2009, 21:16
An actual race, prizes are just as Cruise Money, doesnt look bad to me :shrug:
i didnt want to make it look bad to anyone...just wanted some explanations

nevertheless i dont think this event will catch my interest

good luck and lots of fun to all participants

Bmxtwins
22nd June 2009, 21:37
What's the max amount of drivers per team? And can the same person race 2 heats.

Alex_Ward
22nd June 2009, 21:49
What's the max amount of drivers per team? And can the same person race 2 heats.

Teams are 2 members. No substitute drivers after the race starts.

There

Edit: A question about the different car classes, how does that work exactly? Does a team choose what one they will use, and each class races on the same track? If so what if there is only 1 team in a certain class (depending on turn out)?

Also do you mean GMT as London time? Or would that mean 1am for London?

Pilchje3369
22nd June 2009, 22:42
Teams are limited to 2 drivers per team and they can drive as many times as they like in the 24 hours so we can all have breaks etc and not try n drive our selves crazy. Also both members will have to drive the same cars but will both beable to drive at the same time. Is why we say choose partner carefully as if they dont turn up int much good to other person as they will be driving on there own. If this does happen we do give out individual prizes for distance

The Classes will hopefully have more the 1 entry per calss so we all have somebody to compete with. We in LTC will be entering a team in all classes to try encourage people to drive in all classes

Alex_Ward
22nd June 2009, 23:00
Why would both members want to drive at the same time, surely one drive while the other rests and swaps, and so on?

Or is it whoever gets the most distance driven over the 24 hours?

Bmxtwins
22nd June 2009, 23:01
I aint driving 12 hours... maybe if u said like 6 drivers max sure but 2... ehhh no way i can drive that much.

Alex_Ward
22nd June 2009, 23:07
Ok I understand now :P

Krammeh
22nd June 2009, 23:19
Hello it's [LTC] Krammeh here.

Just a few things to clear up.

You do not have to 'take-over' or anything like that, it is just sit in and drive.
There is a staggered start out of the pits.
It is just sit in and drive as much as you like, you can leave the track & server whenever you like, and the rejoin whenever you like.

It is just based on milage that the two team members can do.

Also, we have pleanty of server slots - we have a server located in the UK and located in the US - if required, we will run more than one LFS host, and spread them accorss the two server locations if it comes down to it. If this is the case, then you will be assigned a server (team mate WILL be on the same server, regardless of racer location, although locations will be taken into consideration). If it turns out that it would be better for two, three, four UK hosts, then so be it. Both servers are good enough to house multiple!

Krammeh
22nd June 2009, 23:24
ps. if the enduro sign up complains that your username has not been found - then join one of the LTC cruise servers (and leave again if you like :P) - as it ensures that you're in our database to check the integrity of the signup

jonnyv29
22nd June 2009, 23:30
This looks like a really good event...well organised and well thought out. Wish I could take part, but I'm away that weekend :(

Good luck with it (:

[GLOW] Switch

Alex_Ward
23rd June 2009, 10:19

Just a few things to clear up.

You do not have to 'take-over' or anything like that, it is just sit in and drive.
There is a staggered start out of the pits.
It is just sit in and drive as much as you like, you can leave the track & server whenever you like, and the rejoin whenever you like.

It is just based on milage that the two team members can do.

Also, we have pleanty of server slots - we have a server located in the UK and located in the US - if required, we will run more than one LFS host, and spread them accorss the two server locations if it comes down to it. If this is the case, then you will be assigned a server (team mate WILL be on the same server, regardless of racer location, although locations will be taken into consideration). If it turns out that it would be better for two, three, four UK hosts, then so be it. Both servers are good enough to house multiple!

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Do we have to be there for the start of the race, and the end? Or can I start driving at 8 or 9 am or whatever?

Krammeh
23rd June 2009, 10:58
There is no need to be there at the start or the end.

The results get posted on the website/forums a few hours after the race has ended.

Tomhah
23rd June 2009, 12:06
can two team-memebers drive at the same time? :P Like that me and my team-mate drive 24 hours each? So we drive at the same time?

Krammeh
23rd June 2009, 12:24
Each team member can drive on the track, regardless of what the other team member is doing.

So both can be on track, or none can be on track. :) - totally up to the team.

maximum of 48hrs per team to be submitted! :)

seniecka
23rd June 2009, 12:51
Omg its sick. So, 2 member per team. Obviously nobody crosses finish line then or I dont understand it yet, how it planed to be :shrug:

TexasLTU
23rd June 2009, 12:52
12 hours each?
:confused:

oldnavy
23rd June 2009, 12:56
Omg its sick. So, 2 member per team. Obviously nobody crosses finish line then or I dont understand it yet, how it planed to be :shrug:
You come to server-> Join race -> Driving as much time as you want -> When you get borred or tired you disconect. And doing this again 24 hours and they will cound traveled distance from 2 drivers who will be registred to event and then we will know standings.

In my opinion it's not very intresting, but gl with event

12 hours each?

24 hours each :D

Krammeh
23rd June 2009, 13:25
Basically, the server will be open for 24hrs, you and your team mate must drive as many miles as you can within those 24hrs, or as many as you would like to - you don't have to do it in one 'session', you can break these up into sections.

At the end of the 24hrs, the server will be closed and totals will be added up!

The milage is counted and stored by an insim application created especially for the event!

DevilDare
23rd June 2009, 15:12
Thats actually something different and "new" I guess you could say. Interesting :thumb:

Tomhah
23rd June 2009, 18:06
Im gonna drive :P 24 hours of driving, here I come!:D

oldnavy
23rd June 2009, 21:08
Basically, the server will be open for 24hrs, you and your team mate must drive as many miles as you can within those 24hrs, or as many as you would like to - you don't have to do it in one 'session', you can break these up into sections.

At the end of the 24hrs, the server will be closed and totals will be added up!

The milage is counted and stored by an insim application created especially for the event!
But if you want to be high in grid you have to drive 24 hours :D

Krammeh
23rd June 2009, 21:11
But if you want to be high in grid you have to drive 24 hours :D
yes indeedy, the last one we done which was only announced on the LTC forum - had a few people not stopping at all (apart from pitstops/repairs)

Pilchje3369
23rd June 2009, 21:14
lol. We have had a few die hards driving in the last so we decided to do Mile awards really as can be seen in one of the links in 1st post. We have a achievement system aswell so you get a lil pop up saying you have driven 100 miles etc. We nearly had a 3000 Mile award last time. We just try to make it a goal to get so far and get something for it and you will be rewarded with it. We wont ask ne body to ovisly drive the 24 hours as we all have other things. We just like to have a laugh and last one was great fun. Even have quite a few people on our teamspeak chatting away. Some people go to a mates house and have like a LAN party over it while they drive drink beers etc

Alex_Ward
23rd June 2009, 21:18
Sounds fun, looking forward to it :)

buck77
24th June 2009, 00:31
yes indeedy, the last one we done which was only announced on the LTC forum - had a few people not stopping at all (apart from pitstops/repairs)

man, this is sick [imo]

Shadowww
24th June 2009, 00:37
Winning Team: 400,00
2nd Place Team: 300,00
3rd Place Team: 200,000
3rd place getting more than 1st and 2nd? :3

Krammeh
24th June 2009, 05:27
man, this is sick [imo]
Do you have a reason for this?

3rd place getting more than 1st and 2nd? :3
It would seem a 0 of 1st and 2nd prizes :P

buck77
24th June 2009, 11:07
Do you have a reason for this?

A whole day driving in LFS to get 'money'?
I think it would be more interesting if we have a RACE, to see who's the fastest or so, like the other normal races!!

I can't run a 3 hour leg! LOL

But anyway...

Silverracer
24th June 2009, 11:29
I think it would be more interesting if we have a RACE, to see who's the fastest or so, like the other normal races!!

Well, theres certainly a fair bit of those! 'tis is bit different :)

A whole day driving in LFS to get 'money'?

Lets say thats just an added bonus :P

Pilchje3369
24th June 2009, 14:33
We will have Lap records running via the custom insim like we do on cruise but this will be to see who gets the fastest lap in each car which also gives people something to try and beat. We like to try and put things in for both cruisers and racers to try and achieve

buck77
24th June 2009, 14:41
ah, i got it now!!

but will all cars be allowed to any driver?
lets suppose i don't have enough credits to buy a FZR for example...
will i be allowed to race it during the 24h?

Krammeh
24th June 2009, 15:10
Ownership or licence requirmeent doesn't count in the LTC Enduro

Gil07
24th June 2009, 20:32
Wow, you must have got a pretty good sponsor to give away so much money :scratchch

Krammeh
24th June 2009, 21:16
Wow, you must have got a pretty good sponsor to give away so much money :scratchch
We have the ability to print it :p

R.Kolz
24th June 2009, 21:42
Chat-blocking allowed ?

Krammeh
24th June 2009, 23:02
Ofcourse, but not shift + -, due to the requirement of certain notifcations from the server

efexas16
25th June 2009, 08:32
i`m gonna participate again with ma team mate ;Dd last time it was so exciting, unfortunately i with my friend, had a little bit too much bear, and after one hour great driving i flipped on the roof ;d then i gave him to drive a about two hours and went sleep, but i get up in the morning ;D he was also sleeping ;D NO DRINK WHILE YOU PLAY LFS ;DD :thumb:

Krammeh
25th June 2009, 15:30
The server has now been launched, you can have a look around the server and practice making your sets from now if you wish - ahead of time we know!

ps. Track is FE4!

Pilchje3369
25th June 2009, 16:03
Same as in the AS4 Endurance Race i have Set up a Pit[Rest] Area that must be used if you wish to go AFK for a while. Stopping else where and its possible you will be specced. This is to try and keep accidents down to a minimum. There is 24 hours available so there is no need to rush and get past people, please do so when safe.

Keys In Attachment

Green = Pit Limiter Area
Blue = Entrance
Red = Exit

Server Info

Name = [LTC] Enduro

Track = FE4 (Fern Bay Black)

G!NhO
26th June 2009, 18:58
Pretty fun idea, but really hard to drive 24 hour constantly. :schwitz:

Krammeh
26th June 2009, 19:51
Pretty fun idea, but really hard to drive 24 hour constantly. :schwitz:
it's doable :P

Seperates the men from the boys, and the woman from the girls (better by politically correct!)

buck77
26th June 2009, 20:52
it's doable :P

Seperates the men from the boys, and the woman from the girls (better by politically correct!)

and the sane from the insane, right? :shrug::x

G!NhO
26th June 2009, 20:55
and the sane from the insane, right? :shrug::x

And the drunk from the sober. :D

buck77
26th June 2009, 20:57
And the drunk from the sober. :D

ROFL

sry bout dat :( :D

pipa
28th June 2009, 20:20
Same as in the AS4 Endurance Race i have Set up a Pit[Rest] ....

Nicely made, but the entrance could be a bit of a problem. You have to take the corner quite tight and slowly in order to get to the entrance, which could be a problem if you got another car at your back that is not expecting you to brake that heavily.

Tomhah
29th June 2009, 20:37
Nicely made, but the entrance could be a bit of a problem. You have to take the corner quite tight and slowly in order to get to the entrance, which could be a problem if you got another car at your back that is not expecting you to brake that heavily.

Then, we can use the warning signs :) (I think its 9?) Then, we can "blink" when we're going to stop there :)

lizardfolk
30th June 2009, 05:16
Dammit I can't make it. Too bad this isn't in the fall or winter. Are you going to have another similar enduro event then?

Pilchje3369
30th June 2009, 07:05
Dammit I can't make it. Too bad this isn't in the fall or winter. Are you going to have another similar enduro event then?

we are gonna set out to plan enduros every 3 or 4 months so we all get a good break in between. This is the 2nd of many more enduro events to come so im sure there will be one which will be good for you date wise

lizardfolk
30th June 2009, 08:05
we are gonna set out to plan enduros every 3 or 4 months so we all get a good break in between. This is the 2nd of many more enduro events to come so im sure there will be one which will be good for you date wise

WONDERFUL, I've always wanted to compete in a 24h but this one's timing is off for me.

Glad that you folks will do it again in the fall/winter :) You can bet I'll be there when the time comes

G!NhO
30th June 2009, 08:41
WONDERFUL, I've always wanted to compete in a 24h but this one's timing is off for me.

Glad that you folks will do it again in the fall/winter :) You can bet I'll be there when the time comes

Maybe ill support you. :p

So is it possible to take over the car or be in a team with 2 cars and add the distance up?

Krammeh
30th June 2009, 14:22
Maybe ill support you. :p

So is it possible to take over the car or be in a team with 2 cars and add the distance up?
you both have your own cars, you can be both on the track at the same time.

Alex_Ward
4th July 2009, 17:26
Since there are now 43 teams signed up and there'll have to be multiple servers, how will we know what one we are in? Will there be a password?

GAVD999
4th July 2009, 17:41

we have pleanty of server slots - we have a server located in the UK and located in the US - if required, we will run more than one LFS host, and spread them accorss the two server locations if it comes down to it. If this is the case, then you will be assigned a server (team mate WILL be on the same server, regardless of racer location, although locations will be taken into consideration). If it turns out that it would be better for two, three, four UK hosts, then so be it. Both servers are good enough to house multiple!

as far as i know there will be no passwords as you need to be pre registered in order to race in the event, :thumb:

zeugnimod
4th July 2009, 20:38
as far as i know there will be no passwords as you need to be pre registered in order to race in the event, :thumb:

It would be stupid to not have a password exactly for that reason since people who didn't pre-register could just join the server. :shrug:

westfield bend
4th July 2009, 21:32
It would be stupid to not have a password exactly for that reason since people who didn't pre-register could just join the server. :shrug:
insim:)

Krammeh
4th July 2009, 21:45
Users would not require a password, after the first 30 minutes of the enduro race being opened, the server will automatically start to kick anybody (probably temp ban - just thought of that one *glee*) that is not registered to the event.

Anybody that IS registered can chop and change throughout the servers during the endurance!

Tomhah
4th July 2009, 22:21
why not right when the event starts?

Krammeh
4th July 2009, 22:40
why not right when the event starts?
Just to give people a little chance...

During the automated staggered start, the server is passworded with a randomised password

westfield bend
6th July 2009, 21:18
So two servers.
my suggestion would be to name them server 1 - pro and server 2 -novice. would help reduce traffic for faster people and prevent slow people like me, getting in the way too much :D
Also can we use the unused pits as an afk area (i see some barriers have been put in there)

Krammeh
7th July 2009, 13:41
So two servers.
my suggestion would be to name them server 1 - pro and server 2 -novice. would help reduce traffic for faster people and prevent slow people like me, getting in the way too much :D
Also can we use the unused pits as an afk area (i see some barriers have been put in there)
We're not wanting to split up the two classes, although it was thought of.

Parking in the unused pits is allowed!

Tomhah
7th July 2009, 15:00
I think he ment that the people that feels slow (I.E doesnt drive fast) can be on one server, while the people who is really fast can be on the other. But I dont really bother about that, since its fun to lap cars :P

westfield bend
7th July 2009, 16:33
I think he ment that the people that feels slow (I.E doesnt drive fast) can be on one server, while the people who is really fast can be on the other. But I dont really bother about that, since its fun to lap cars :P
yeap that what i mean. just thinking on some parts of Fe black its quite difficult to overtake and may result in some desperate lunges!

Krammeh
8th July 2009, 10:03
Seems Some people are confused abput the start time as at the moment its GMT +1

So to clear it up it will be 01:00 Start UK in the UK. Not to sure how many hours other countries are behind or ahead

Krammeh
10th July 2009, 20:37
The enduro is starting soon, 3 and a half hours from now.

That is 01:01am UK time. :) 00:01am GMT!

The servers are now public (server names at the bottom of this post). 10 minutes before the start of the enduro all of the insim apps will be given a reboot - which will disable the earning of further miles and will clear all miles stored in the database so far - this will ensure that everybody starts at 0 miles :).

When the enduro is started there will be on screen instructions. Please follow them as close as possible. If you do not understand what is going on, please wait till the end of the starting procedure to ask the questions to stop confusion.

Server names & locations:
[LTC] Enduro
UK, LTC Hosted
[LTC] Enduro 2
UK, UKCT Hosted
[LTC] Enduro 3
UK, LTC Hosted

Pilchje3369
12th July 2009, 03:13
Well it has been yet another BIG success i feel. Showing that there is more then Just cruising here at LTC and show that we can run events on a bigger scale then cruise. We seen connections at a all time high reaching to over 80 players connected and making us have over 10% of the whole of LFS connected to our servers which is absolute brilliant. Have been looking at the distance travelled through the whole thing and there has yet again been some mad drivers really going at it hard. Id like to thank you all again and big thanks to Mark(Krammeh) For sorting the Insim hope to see you at the next event which we will try and host later this year. If you had any concerns or Suggestion to make the next one even better then please post and we will take a look at them all

Final Results will be out in the next few days a Prizes awarded

LTC Events Manager

Pilch

*Edit*

The Stats of the Enduro at end. Will finalize all of em and sort prizes out

Teams Overall (http://www.livetocruise.net/enduro_stats_teams.php)
Individual Miles (http://www.livetocruise.net/enduro_stats_distance.php)

Also to add we have now sorted out some deals with a company to give away a few Xbox prizes to winners etc so not only will there be LTC prizes there will be out of game prizes

Alex_Ward
12th July 2009, 09:39
Great event guys, was fun!

vane
12th July 2009, 12:42
Xbox prizes? i fear i see a problem in your logic, most of us don't have xboxes!!! lol

Pilchje3369
12th July 2009, 15:13
ye that is a lil thing i guess :P there is still plenty of time left and we will try and get some other things organised. Well have to see if we can get some more advertising stuff out and get some more prizes but it is a start :)

Tomhah
12th July 2009, 15:48
I have a xbox 360 :D

Krammeh
12th July 2009, 15:59
Xbox prizes? i fear i see a problem in your logic, most of us don't have xboxes!!! lol
It is for the next enduro event that we hold (in about three months ish). We will be finding other sources also!

Tomhah
12th July 2009, 17:05
doh! not for this? :(

Krammeh
13th July 2009, 00:38
doh! not for this? :(
Afraid not. Only made the connection with the guy just after the enduro finished - part of the deal is that every 30 minutes, there is an advert show within the servers!

vane
13th July 2009, 01:16
haha :) i could sell the xbox bits to an old school person (i won't call him a friend, he never really was :) ) he is absolutely obsessed with his xbox and re runs of top gear on dave :) but thats a whole different thread :D bring it on!

I can imagine it now, all pit for the 10 minute advert from the sponsors! no doing other things while this is going on! it doesn't just spam the screen with 'BUY OUR PRODUCTS, BUY OUR PRODUCTS, BUY OUR PRODUCTS' etc etc does it? :D

Krammeh
13th July 2009, 01:19
haha :) i could sell the xbox bits to an old school person (i won't call him a friend, he never really was :) ) he is absolutely obsessed with his xbox and re runs of top gear on dave :) but thats a whole different thread :D bring it on!

I can imagine it now, all pit for the 10 minute advert from the sponsors! no doing other things while this is going on! it doesn't just spam the screen with 'BUY OUR PRODUCTS, BUY OUR PRODUCTS, BUY OUR PRODUCTS' etc etc does it? :D
It would be just like the new goal notifications, but with his site. that's all!

Pilchje3369
13th July 2009, 17:01
Results have been finalized and we are pretty sure they are all correct

Results LTC 2nd Enduro 11th July (http://www.livetocruise.net/enduro_results_july.php)

Prize money will be out by the 15th. Once again id like to thank everybody who took part in the Event and made it a big success. See you in the next one :)

Tomhah
13th July 2009, 20:39
Why arent me and Myst getting any money for doing over 2 000 miles? while the others get money for doing 1 000? :P While we dont get anything :P

Pilchje3369
13th July 2009, 22:31
they arent gettin no money for finishing in the top 5. that is like a runners up prize to others and to make sure they get something for driving a good distance hence why its alot less then the winners

racer hero
14th July 2009, 02:40
They should probablly get it too, since Tommy and I won, but I still got the 25,000... :razz:

Tomhah
14th July 2009, 11:28
so why did Kenneth O'Keefe get 25 000? We won :P But he gets money for driving less than me? That sounds unfair in my ear.

EDIT: I see you have updated it now.

vane
15th July 2009, 14:33
yay! i did get something after all!!!