PDA

View Full Version : 24 hr race, Febuary(ish) :: (possibly)

franky500
15th December 2007, 02:09
I cant remember who the original organisers of these 24 hour races were, Congrats to the great event they did. I would like to give it a shot.

I just want to find out initially if there will be anybody interested and if anybody has any ideas

My thoughts are:

3 different classes. (dont know which 3... thats what i want to find out :) )

upto 3 cars per team... Multiple servers if needed.

if multiple servers, then the possibility of different tracks. (again, this is down to popularity ect.)

I would love to make a massive event out of this, with the possibility of prizes at the end of it.

Please post your ideas and if you / your team would be interested in such an event.

DeadWolfBones
15th December 2007, 02:19
I believe the organizers of those races were from ZockerTempel Racing. ORION et al.

With 3 cars per team, you would definitely need multiple servers.

As for classes, what I would go with (and the default suggestion, I think) would be GT1, GT2 (a la MoE, etc), and nGTR. To change it up and do something different, you could do XFG/XRG, TBO, and LRF.

Using multiple tracks doesn't make much sense to me, since you can have all on the same track and use the tracker system to determine position across multiple servers.

CoRe would certainly be interested. :D

thisnameistaken
15th December 2007, 02:26
I don't understand why people gun for multi-class races. Doesn't that just mean you'll be racing against less opponents? If you're going to fill a server, wouldn't it be better to have all the drivers capable of competing with eachother? :shrug:

franky500
15th December 2007, 02:33
I don't understand why people gun for multi-class races. Doesn't that just mean you'll be racing against less opponents? If you're going to fill a server, wouldn't it be better to have all the drivers capable of competing with eachother? :shrug:

i personally have never really gone for multiple class... But there is a good point to it..

Lets say.. your a slow driver... choose the right class and you have a chance to win something. Means that races are well mixed up. Do you know how good it feels to beat somebody who is in a better car than you?!!. it feels preety damn good.

Its still completely an idea stage. so all is welcome. I take it you wont be interested in competing anyway kev?.

@DeadWolf.

Thanks for the ideas :). And i agree with the same track stuff. I feel that will be the main concencus between people. but you never know. Will leave it as an idea for now. BTW. who would i need to speak to about the tracker system.. its not something i have ever looked at using before.

R.Kolz
15th December 2007, 02:44
I don't understand why people gun for multi-class races. Doesn't that just mean you'll be racing against less opponents? If you're going to fill a server, wouldn't it be better to have all the drivers capable of competing with eachother?

I agree and would rather see a full grid of 1 class only. But despites outcome:

We would be interested as well. :thumbsup:

bjoerk
15th December 2007, 02:55
I would deventlly have intrest, I know enough people who would like to join so if its coming contact me in time :thumb:

thisnameistaken
15th December 2007, 10:57
Lets say.. your a slow driver... choose the right class and you have a chance to win something. Means that races are well mixed up. Do you know how good it feels to beat somebody who is in a better car than you?!!. it feels preety damn good.

Well if you beat someone who's driving a superior car it just means that driver is either a terrible driver or he/she got caught up in a bad accident (or a few dozen bad accidents in the case of a 24hr race!). I wouldn't take much pleasure from it either way.

I take it you wont be interested in competing anyway kev?.

Sadly I can't find much time for racing at all, never mind 24 hours of it all in one go. And I'm not in a team so... not likely, no. I just wanted to hear about why people like having multiple classes in a race because I've never seen the attraction.

duke_toaster
15th December 2007, 11:20
Sounds like an interesting idea. For classes I'd probably go down the road cars route myself, LRF, TBO and FR would be good. Or just the GTRs, the unadulterated ones.

Maybe FE Black? That's an overlooked track.

I'm not in a team and a rubbish driver, but if you are covering this I could commentate ... (not the graveyard shift though :P)

mcgas001
15th December 2007, 11:23
Id love to see this franky it would be a Realy good event

+ 1

Also if this does go ahead Count me in 100%

DeadWolfBones
15th December 2007, 18:57
For me the appeal of multi-class racing is that it provides more constant action over the duration of the race. When I have the choice, I usually (as in the last 24hr race) choose the mid-level car, not because I couldn't compete in the quicker cars, but because I enjoy both passing and being passed all the time. Having cars of varying ability on the track makes for a much more interesting racing experience. And it also allows for, as franky said, varying goals to be set for each competitor.

Take for example Husky in the last 24hr race. He chose the TBO class (the slowest class on track) despite being one of the fastest guys in LFS. He did this because he wanted to run the entire 24hr solo, and because that was the car that would allow him to do it.

Point being that the beauty of multiclass enduro racing is that there are many, many races going on on-track. There's the overall race, there's the race in-class, there's the race to lap the slower classes most effectively, there's the race to be lapped while losing the least time, and there are guys out there who are racing against themselves or against the track and getting as much out of it as the guys going for the win.

In a nutshell, that's why the last 24hr race, for all its problems, remains my favorite LFS experience, and why I support multiclass in general.

Nobo
16th December 2007, 10:20
Hello Franky500!

The MoE 24h-Race is on 19th of january and its not that much time untill febuary anyway, maybe a date later in the year would be better for that, to have enough time in front to make everything clear and well organised and make this a massive event!

The last years the german community organized the community 24h races. But this time there isnt really a planning commision for the next year yet. Noone really wants to do the lead admin. So maybe there can be some cooperation and help. I will post about your thread in the german community and lets see if they some come here.
The last two 24hour races were definately by far my best experience in my lfs-time.

I would definately up to help if there is a 24hour event going to happen next year. Either as server admin, live-judge, in rules and event-planning commision or wherever you need manpower.

Personally i would go for 3 classes again and for a community race i wouldnt use a killer track like fe4, because skill in the community divers and not just the "pros" like in MoE.
I would throw in a Aston config tbh, especially in a multi-class community race. Ah yeah and stay with one track for all servers so you have 1 result.

There is already a list in the german forum what would be needed to plan such an event. Its not complete, but i'll translate and quote it.

Main Admin

Server

Backup Server

TS-Voice Server

LFS 24h-Event Homepage

News-Writer (englisch, german, multilanguage)

Tracker (to keep the results)

Rules (Commision to find and apply the rules/race-date/qualification-date/car-classes/gridordering...)

Serveradmins (for protests and special circumstances )

Forum communication (promotion)

Processing the application + Application form (some sort of script)

High-Res Skin-Depot

Number-Plates/Windshields

Prizes

Stream

Danzig
16th December 2007, 10:45
I'd be down for this. Get a few mates into it aswell :)

DevilDare
16th December 2007, 17:37
if any help is needed with the website for this event than i can do one. :thumb:

same for logos or any other graphics stuff :)

pearcy_2k7
16th December 2007, 21:32
F2F maybe intrested but only if BF1 is used, also how would you go about changing sets as if there are say 4 drivers to one car every driver has different sets so how would that work?

DeadWolfBones
16th December 2007, 23:11
BF1 in a 24hr race is a silly, silly idea, IMO.

franky500
17th December 2007, 00:47
if this does go ahead.. the bf1 wont be in it. that much i do know :)

h3adbang3r
17th December 2007, 00:50
F2F maybe intrested but only if BF1 is used, also how would you go about changing sets as if there are say 4 drivers to one car every driver has different sets so how would that work?The day we see a 24 hour Formula 1 race is the day pigs grow wings and fly.

Mako.
17th December 2007, 02:37
Yes, I woukd be highly interested in participating in the next 24 hour race as well. I wish that it happens after I can sort out a new computer and find some local people for a team... which probably means about a month of practice time for them, as well as getting skins ready, plannig stints, etc. so January 19th would be a bit tough. The main thing is, I could probably get with a team and communicate through the net, but I want to have people actually there right next to you to make the experience better.. kind of like this:

http://lfs24h.blogspot.com/2007/05/aus-aus-aus-aus-aus-game-is-over.html

That link from last years race, as well as the Top Gear special, and feeling like I'm ready for it is pretty much my reason.

also, I will refuse to run if the race will be of a single class. That reasoning is a bit daft for a 24 hour endurance race, and also very boring...

Well, good luck guys!

DeadWolfBones
17th December 2007, 03:08
No one's suggesting the 19th for this race. That's the MoE 24hr race, which is for league member teams only.

franky500
17th December 2007, 03:20
for those talking about dates already.. im going to be planning for 8 weeks after the day its announced (again, assuming that i do go ahead with it.. Which IS likely.) Dont expect anything before Febuary 25th for a race date.

Brilwing
17th December 2007, 11:43
I have said it in the german 24h race forum where a discussion started about a new event, that I offer my help for a 24h race event on the technical part. This means setup a central website where all the event info is hosted, and also the signup takes place. (I also own a root server where this site could be hosted)

Another part would be a live tracker for the event. I already startet to port my software to be easier extendable, and one of my next goals is to create a live tracker for a single server. Tracker for multiple servers that is needed should also be not do difficult.

A race at the end of february is a tight schedule, to get all the stuff working, because I think the tools should work perfect, and after the race the result should be known and not calculated in the next days by analyzing the lap logs.

You can have a look on liveforspeed.at to see how I do the results for our events. The F1C part of the site is also translation in english: http://liveforspeed.at/?q=en/f1challenge

HL_Nano
17th December 2007, 15:06
I would like to participate, I hope more news.:thumb:

racer hero
21st December 2007, 01:05
Im in if I can find a team to compete with.

welshys90
21st December 2007, 09:38
id easily wanna do it :D whole reason i was askin about settin up a server actually however im in the same boat as racer_hero i need to find a team/someone else to compete with if not ill just do the 24 hours myself

FBUT Bishop
23rd December 2007, 10:16
FRH French team is going to make a 24H event. They actually programs some software (lappers, ...) for do that.No date ATM. link: (in french) http://www.frh-team.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=926
Sorry for my bad english

evosports
24th December 2007, 16:13
id be interested, but its whether ill be able to do it or not. i hope so! ive always wanted to drive in a 24 hour race.

franky500
24th December 2007, 16:42
i'm sure that should i go ahead and start planning this that a few of us at ATC should be in it (i hope) and im sure there will be a spot somewhere for ya evo :)

greg_slideways
25th December 2007, 08:17
I would be in!! Aswell i thing GTR should be the cars in!! also on The longest track avibale!!

J@tko
25th December 2007, 08:35
I might be interested, if someone can only make me do a short stint, as I have the attention span of a squirrel. In a 1h stint, I might crash 5 times. You'll have to put me in a FWD GTR too as me+keyboard+GTR=disaster. I'll also have to find a team.

IDEA: Have a UF-BR class? Please! :tilt:

jwardy
25th December 2007, 08:56
if this goes , count me in

hotmail
25th December 2007, 09:11
nice idea:

what about this cars:

gtr class
tbo class
and the fbm for a cool new combonation...

like the idea,

lets hope we can get it working..

greats,

Reint Jan

AstroBoy
25th December 2007, 09:22
Im in though ill need a team to race with.

jwardy
25th December 2007, 10:51
can we have independent teams with say 1 car aswell , cos i dont wanna do it in a team , cos my dad wants to race aswell so we do it from this comp in stints

MARSH2a
27th December 2007, 16:17
We had a blast in last years 24hr race. (Formerly LOTF Racing) I am sure we would enter at least one car.

Any other drivers from the states looking for a ride, check out our new site. :)

troy
27th December 2007, 16:20
sounds like fun, depending on car classes and the date i would be interested too :)

Dimitry Gerards
27th December 2007, 21:19
I would love to join an event like this, but I'm an independant/teamless driver. Maybe there's some others like me and we can create an indy team :)

HL_Nano
28th December 2007, 14:02
I await confirmation of the date.
Insurance participate. When will all the complete information of the event?
:thumb:

mongoosetierney
28th December 2007, 20:23
Nice idea id love to do it me and my best mate would do it on one comp (is that alloud?) and for the car classes howabout any car Xcept the SS+UF1 because there a totally different machine really.

So anything from XFG-FZR

?? might make more people interested, i wont be doing it unless xfg is in,in any other class, me and my friend drive different cars lol

As for the track i think an aston confi would be good because of good passing places and wide(ish) run off areas.

racer hero
29th December 2007, 14:52
Nice idea id love to do it me and my best mate would do it on one comp (is that alloud?) and for the car classes howabout any car Xcept the SS+UF1 because there a totally different machine really.

So anything from XFG-FZR

?? might make more people interested, i wont be doing it unless xfg is in,in any other class, me and my friend drive different cars lol

As for the track i think an aston confi would be good because of good passing places and wide(ish) run off areas.

+1 for XFG - FZR but not Aston I say Kyoto GP.

jwardy
29th December 2007, 17:25
+1 for XFG - FZR but not Aston I say Kyoto GP.
naa its always ky , i think FE black is overlooked to much , nice track tho

mongoosetierney
30th December 2007, 18:52
Me and my mate just did a 9 hour race on ASTON GP in xfg, there where TBOs and GTR's on as well as a few FR's

Was good fun Xcept for the ai and there habit for not moving to overtake when they are braking...

I strongly suggest AS GP, nice long track, wide areas for over taking , plenty of opitunities for overtaking and its got a nice...feel to it:nod:

mfekjaer
30th December 2007, 21:43
Im intrested... , but i have no team.

We can make a mix-team with drivers without team? :scratchch

mongoosetierney
2nd January 2008, 21:40
Franky500, got any news for us ?

franky500
2nd January 2008, 21:43
yep...

Britain is braced for the first widespread snow of winter as strong easterly winds sent temperatures tumbling.
Motorists told to take extra care

The Met Office issued a weather warning covering almost the entire country, with forecasters predicting snowfalls of up to 10-15cms in Scotland by Thursday night.

The Highways Agency warned drivers to take care and to pack extra clothing in case of breakdowns.

Council gritters are standing by to counter widespread frosts.

Supermarket shoppers in South Wales said bread was difficult to find as people stocked up in case of being snowed in.

But the cold snap is likely to be short-lived, with temperatures in southern England reaching as high as 8C by Friday.

Or did you have something else in mind? :D

As for the actual 24 hour event. no real news as such. It WILL go ahead.. but not any time soon (at least March)

greg_slideways
2nd January 2008, 21:50
*SHAKES HEAD* Wise ass. Haha lol so i am gettin anxious i want to DO THIS!

mcgas001
3rd January 2008, 09:17
Franky, if/when you go ahead with this, do you have to be in a team to enter?

AstroBoy
3rd January 2008, 09:29
24 hour racing its the dream.

Just thought like saying something diffrent though i do have one question, there will be teams of drivers entering aswell as Single people so im asking will the sign up when it opens up of course will there be one for team sign ups and one for Privateer/single sign ups as well and from there you can either allocate or the free drivers can get to talking?

Im just curious about the team system possibly like many other people but im sure you will reviel this in due time as well as the car selection.

Id just like to voice this though you can regect it if you want. Since its the 24h race, my selection of cars would be the GTR with the GT1 Class GT2, UF/XF BabyR, The BR class just because it would possibly more entertaining then the original cars, btw Dru or its original creater good job on making such an entertaining car class.

This is just a thought it will please some not others but its out there so thats always a good start.

J@tko
3rd January 2008, 10:33
Id just like to voice this though you can regect it if you want. Since its the 24h race, my selection of cars would be the GTR with the GT1 Class GT2, UF/XF BabyR, The BR class just because it would possibly more entertaining then the original cars, btw Dru or its original creater good job on making such an entertaining car class.

(BTW, XF-baby-R is now called XF-Junior-R after a copyright appeal by Concept Racing, who own the 'Baby-R' bit.)

I'd enter in a baby FWD GTR class. (If I had a team....)

JO53PHS
3rd January 2008, 10:38
I might be interested, if someone can only make me do a short stint, as I have the attention span of a squirrel. In a 1h stint, I might crash 5 times. You'll have to put me in a FWD GTR too as me+keyboard+GTR=disaster. I'll also have to find a team.

IDEA: Have a UF-BR class? Please! :tilt:

And an XF-BR aswell?

Why not drive the FXR - its 4WD

J@tko
3rd January 2008, 10:41
And an XF-BR aswell?

Why not drive the FXR - its 4WD

I prefer the less powerful GTRs. :shrug:

JO53PHS
3rd January 2008, 14:18
/me likes FXR

/me's favourite car is FXR

BinBalde
3rd January 2008, 23:02
Im intrested!!!!:headbang:

:bowdown:24 hours

Polyracer
4th January 2008, 15:12
With this much interest - how come there are not more events like this?
Count me in if it all comes together - I'll be watching this one.

J@tko
4th January 2008, 15:15
With this much interest - how come there are not more events like this?
Count me in if it all comes together - I'll be watching this one.

There are 1 or 2 a year. The reason why there isn't many is because it takes so much organising and preparation.

richard3310
4th January 2008, 19:24
im sure il be able to enter with my team and even possibly a car in various classes as LR (lightning racing) are always looking forward to tricky and intresting events in all types of racing:nod:

racer hero
5th January 2008, 23:36
I was just thinking about this again tonight and thought what if you did this for the car classes

GT1-FXR XRR FZR
GT2-FZ5. RAC
GT3-UF-BR, XF-JR
GT4-XFG,XRG

Track, Maybe KY3 (grand prix) or AS4 (historic)

richard3310
6th January 2008, 08:34
all good but what about a TBO claas

racer hero
6th January 2008, 14:38
I dont know. TBO might be fine but I thought a change would be nice.

JohnUK89
6th January 2008, 14:58
I was just thinking about this again tonight and thought what if you did this for the car classes

GT1-FXR XRR FZR
GT2-UF-BR, XF-JR
GT3-FZ5, RAC
GT4-XFG,XRG

Track, Maybe KY3 (grand prix) or AS4 (historic)

There's a big gap between the GT1 and GT2 classes you're proposing. Surely the GT2 would be some form of restricted GTR, such as the ones that MoE and CTRA run?

As another point, the UF-BR and XF-JR would likely be slower than the FZ5 and RAC around the average track, so maybe swap them?

racer hero
6th January 2008, 15:10
There's a big gap between the GT1 and GT2 classes you're proposing. Surely the GT2 would be some form of restricted GTR, such as the ones that MoE and CTRA run?

As another point, the UF-BR and XF-JR would likely be slower than the FZ5 and RAC around the average track, so maybe swap them?

Done.

racer hero
6th January 2008, 17:32
Will this be clashing with IGTC? http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=36556

It would be good to be 2 wweks away from either of the IGTC races so the team participating in IGTC can also race in the 24hr.

Kenneth

J@tko
6th January 2008, 20:48
I've had a little interest from a couple of the members of the LFSBC. We might enter a team. I'll manage it if you like (but I might not compete!)

I think we'll be in the GT3 class - slow and easy to control :razz:!

racer hero
6th January 2008, 21:02
J@tko those arent the classes. They are my suggestion.

J@tko
7th January 2008, 07:21
J@tko those arent the classes. They are my suggestion.

(oh - I knew that!! :schwitz:)

If there is a class w/the XF-JR and UF-BR in then we'll be in it.

Hopefully!

richard3310
14th January 2008, 15:18
so any ideas on when this is going to be?
nd any other info been decided?

greg_slideways
21st January 2008, 17:54
:bump:...Ok so whats going on, any date or info?

Jordeeman
22nd January 2008, 01:43
Are Demo Racers Eligble to Race???

AstroBoy
23rd January 2008, 03:35
I reckon that would be a big NO guess you should invest in S2 then.

racer hero
23rd January 2008, 12:10
Jordan G25

He has a G25..Why can't you buy S2?

Kristi
23rd January 2008, 13:28
I want join to this .

HL_Nano
23rd January 2008, 18:09
Come on!
When the race?

Scott_Michaels
25th January 2008, 21:39
My team would love to do this too

racer hero
28th January 2008, 20:56
Any more information on this?

TruenoAE86
29th January 2008, 22:09
I'm very interested in this.

Zlyzer
31st January 2008, 03:24
I'm also very interested! But since I just got S2 and am experimenting with the cars you shouldn't expect much :shy:

Mtelling
5th February 2008, 08:18
I would join it and maybe Alias racing team would too.

AppiePils
6th February 2008, 23:32
LOTA (www.lfs-lota.net) will participate, possible more than one car, as we did last year.

If necessary we can possible provide some admin power as well.

franky500
16th February 2008, 02:23
hey guys. sorry theres been no news. have not had much of a chance to start organising anything yet. No dates yet either.. i will try to get things started A.S.A.P

When everything is sorted out and ready, there will be atleast 1 month before race day notice given.

greg_slideways
16th February 2008, 20:42
good to hear, that it is still on your mind!

Zlyzer
17th February 2008, 23:49
Can anyone join?

franky500
18th February 2008, 00:32
yes, Individual people will have to join up with "Other" individual people though.. will be minimum 3 person teams. anything upto 6 people. (thats what im thinking so far anyhow)

Zlyzer
18th February 2008, 01:33
yes, Individual people will have to join up with "Other" individual people though.. will be minimum 3 person teams. anything upto 6 people. (thats what im thinking so far anyhow)

Thanks for the quick response! :)
Already got a teammate..guess we just need another

mcgas001
18th February 2008, 13:55

Awwww Franky.... Cant i do the 24 hours on my own? :(

Eddster
18th February 2008, 21:31
I would be interested in this, but I would like the cars and track info asap as I need to train my neighbour at uni who loves this game.

flonoen
6th March 2008, 23:05
Any news about this race? I really like endurance races, so i hope i can find the time to participate in this one (although it will be like in the topgear-episode where they enter the silverstone 24hr, no experience and no skills :) )

AstroBoy
7th March 2008, 03:39
(although it will be like in the topgear-episode where they enter the silverstone 24hr, no experience and no skills :) )

Not true with the skills remark. They had no experience of an endurance event but they did have skills for the driving seeing as thats all they ever seem to do in the show.

Anyway Franky what be the going ons of the preparation?

Scott_Michaels
7th March 2008, 08:19
Lol, powersliding a road car on an airfield can hardly be compared with motor racing.
But they did have some stigs, who are fairly experienced racing drivers ;)

flonoen
7th March 2008, 09:54
Not true with the skills remark. They had no experience of an endurance event but they did have skills for the driving seeing as thats all they ever seem to do in the show.

Anyway Franky what be the going ons of the preparation?

Yeah, i guess i'm wrong about the skills remark, they do drive a lot of cars.. What i meant is they jumped into a car they didnt know very well, and barely got any laps before the start, only the few laps required to qualify (i think, dont remember that well). But what a great episode it was, my favourite i think. And it really showed that you dont need a killer budget to race in serious races, which is great!

Back to business: give us some updates please! :)

DevilDare
12th March 2008, 20:30
Guys i got a question, lets say on the 24h race date my friends come over my house and we enter the race, now would it be possible for us to race using 1 pc? I mean when my time is up and i have to change i make a pitsop quickly get out of my seat and let my friend in and he takes it off from there.

Sounds stupid but i would be more easier for us to organize as it would be our 1st endurance race...

What you say guys? Is that acceptable?

racer hero
12th March 2008, 21:16
I have done this before, I am pretty sure they would allow you.

zak_mull
20th March 2008, 00:05
I would love to enter, will catch up with some of the Windstyle boys and see if they are interested.

We have been tempted to do our own 24 hour race or maybe shorten the length of race to maybe 12 or 6.

Anyways would love to enter, will keep eyes open when more info is posted...

Good luck with the organisation of the event franky, hope it works out!

youngy220
23rd March 2008, 13:25
i could race 24 hrs with a few of the lads from the banger server

AstroBoy
24th March 2008, 13:11
I wonder where Franky's gotten to?

racer hero
29th March 2008, 00:05
Did Franky abanden us?

zak_mull
29th March 2008, 06:32
Febuary(ish) :shrug: hmm well certainly left us standing here :scratchch
I wonder where ald Dean'ie bouy has got tae:iagree:

greg_slideways
30th March 2008, 00:07
He went to hide in the caves,...With Osama! .....Well I hope not anyway! :shrug:....We would love this event, Come back franky!

HL_Nano
1st April 2008, 19:37
Does any concrete news on whether or not this event?

franky500
2nd April 2008, 00:13
thats why there was an (ish) on the end of febuary.

You'll be happy to know though that im one step closer to gettign this started. no firm date(s) yet but i have not gone to live in a cave with Osama! (im actually with yogi bear)

racer hero
2nd April 2008, 01:27
I think Franky will come one day and give us all the information :) Instead of giving it little by little.

franky500
2nd April 2008, 01:29
I think Franky will come one day and give us all the information :) Instead of giving it little by little.

not a chance :D

AstroBoy
2nd April 2008, 09:47
not a chance :D

Once his done in that Cave with Yogi bear he might reveal more.

greg_slideways
2nd April 2008, 22:49
thats why there was an (ish) on the end of febuary.

You'll be happy to know though that im one step closer to gettign this started. no firm date(s) yet but i have not gone to live in a cave with Osama! (im actually with yogi bear)

But Osama has funn guns to play with...:shrug:...Anywho What is this "step-closer"?

Over-Rev
5th April 2008, 19:42
verrey interested

vlad_
10th April 2008, 17:41
Any news on the race? I would absolutely Love to join!

Dimitry Gerards
11th April 2008, 08:49
Any news on the race? I would absolutely Love to join!

I'm sure if there was it would have been posted in this thread.... so why don't we just stop flooding this thread and wait for a proper announcement of this event :thumbsup:

AstroBoy
12th April 2008, 09:11
Coz flooding this thread is fun :D:thumb:

Equi
15th May 2008, 03:03
Hi, have been reading for the last hour and a half, seen how long it take to prepare such a huge race, im preety interested in joining this. I will probably get friends over to swap drivers as one of you said. Allso i will swap drivers online, i currently dont know of thats allowed to swap online and IRL, i got a racing chair comming soon to my place. I allready own a g25 and ive hooked up a car's dashboard to the PC is starting to get working, i got the speedo and the torque working but not yet the turbo. I find the programs the chips and gets the money for the parts. My freind is in University and becomming a electrician(hes a REAL pc nerd) so he creates the circuit-boards that opperate the dashboard. Im on this project to build a very realy car simulator in my living room. So if there will be a mounth(ish) date of this i can figure out if i get this thing done before the 24h race starts. It whould realy be a cool experience driving this with the car simulator(irl) up running. I got no problem catching up a team on 6 people. How many is allowed to drive? If 6 it whould have a shift on 4 hours for each driver.

Well Lets just hope for a some info about this, alteast Mounth"ish".

I know its a hard request, so dont kill me for asking.

-Peace-
-Equil out-

hansonator69
19th May 2008, 09:24
When is the next 24hr race? Oh and if an aussie could drive?

TFalke55
20th May 2008, 20:00
http://www.bc-racing.de/BurnoutCrew/FTP/DoP/DoP_Announcment.jpg

I found this in the German forums.... It will be organised by the BurnoutCrew, one of the oldest German racing teams. I don't know much... "Patience may return it all to you" is the catch phrase of it. Actually there are not many information about it.

racer hero
20th May 2008, 21:06
http://www.bc-racing.de/BurnoutCrew/FTP/DoP/DoP_Announcment.jpg

I found this in the German forums.... It will be organised by the BurnoutCrew, one of the oldest German racing teams. I don't know much... "Patience may return it all to you" is the catch phrase of it. Actually there are not many information about it.

Is there a link to something please? I am interested.

TFalke55
20th May 2008, 21:10
Is there a link to something please? I am interested.

actually everything is in german under this link

http://lfs.foren.4players.de/viewtopic.php?t=21473

one of the guys organising it is S2-licenced under "Webflat" if it helps anyone. He was the one who posted this picture in the German Forum

Scott_Michaels
22nd May 2008, 07:42
Well if someone could alert him to this thread I guarantee he'll get a full field :D

KlausAdam
28th May 2008, 07:06
Well, finally we found it :D

Webflat and me initiated the Desire of Patience Tour as a tribute to the 5th anniversary of the BurnoutCrew.
The DoP will be divided into three independent events:

- 11.10.2008 -- 6h Westhill International Rev
- 22.11.2008 -- 12h Kyoto Grand Prix
- 24.01.2009 -- 24h Aston Grand Touring

So you don't have to be part of the first event, if you simply want to show your skill in the 24h-race, but you may...

Car-classes are the same in all of the events:

1) GTR (FXR, XRR, FZR)
2) NGTR (XFR, UFR)
3) LRF (LX6, RAC, FZ5)
4) TBO (XRT, RB4, FXO)
(No handycaps for the faster cars.)

Qualify-modes could be a bit different. We think about some kind of team-qualify, so every member of a team has to drive laps on the qualy-server. The average time driven would be the counted qualy-time. The qualy-server will be open only a few days and time-slots and you will be limited to a number of 10 laps (maybe more).

Teams should have from 2 to 4 members.

We are in the early days of the DoP, so not everything has finished yet, but trust me, there will be introduced some really cool features.
(Well, I'll have to keep programming a lot of stuff :schwitz:)

We try to keep you informed!

I got the speed, I got the need.
The beast inside has to be feed.
Go to hell and take a tour.

Desire is such a lovely word,
take care of it think of a baby bird.

Come back and search for the cure.
Patience may return it all to you.

Find the fast man's well known deed,
and don't end up in crazy weed.

Klaus Adam, 2008

AstroBoy
28th May 2008, 07:09
Now is this Frankeys race or the other one coz if so i would have thought a new thread for it would have been more appropriet, but cheers for the heads up.

KlausAdam
28th May 2008, 07:34
Now is this Frankeys race or the other one coz if so i would have thought a new thread for it would have been more appropriet, but cheers for the heads up.

You're right. I didn't realise where I was. I'll start a new thread with our content.

hansonator69
28th May 2008, 08:50
So all of these different class cars are on track at the same time? I really want to drive a stint in a 24hr race, but being Aussie, i have high pings.

Scott_Michaels
28th May 2008, 10:48
Way too many classes for my liking but I'd still like to race :)

YaHn
30th May 2008, 23:37
Comooh compra carroo?

e como joga online?

me expliqueem por favor.

:shrug:

Zlyzer
23rd June 2008, 03:05
interested in racing here too..

greg_slideways
23rd June 2008, 19:01
Sorry to say but i dont think this will ever happen. franky is too busy it seems.

HL_Nano
24th July 2008, 20:10
any further developments on this?

CharlieW5025
27th July 2008, 23:31
I would really like to enter this if it goes ahead, im trying to start my own team up but haven't got very many members yet so i would probably just enter it as an individual. I will only be able to enter it if its in the summer holiday time otherwise i would have to do it around school work so personally i think it would be good to arrange it in the next month, but i dont know how much you have still got to do (getting servers and registering members ect).

HL_Nano
26th October 2008, 07:56
2009??? :shrug:

BenjiMC
26th October 2008, 20:37
plz no.

racer hero
27th October 2008, 18:19
plz no.

Why not :) You planning one or something? :razz:

-JaviF-
27th October 2008, 18:20
24 hs, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! :D

Timdpr
27th October 2008, 18:40
I'll probably find a couple of people and enter this if it ever happens! I would love to enter a 24 hour event. As Charlie said, I hope this is in a school holiday - even if it's just a 1 week half term thing.

There will probably be a 24 hour race before this one (one that I can enter - you have to be 16 or something for the Desire of Patience race,) but you never know. Let's give it a :bump: to speed up the process.

greg_slideways
29th December 2008, 18:50
:bump:

You know, Id really love to see a 24hr race soon! :scratchch

franky500
29th December 2008, 18:51
i would love to say there will be one soon, Just been so busy over the last year to do anything.

greg_slideways
29th December 2008, 18:55
Maybe a 2009 race? Get people to help...? I am willing to help admin it! :smileypul

jwardy
29th December 2008, 19:07
i posted last year and ill post again , i really want to do a 24 race

greg_slideways
29th December 2008, 19:24
i posted last year and ill post again , i really want to do a 24 race
agree'd

Gil07
30th December 2008, 13:46
There are already 2... Both on 24-25 Jan ;) OK, MoE one doesn't really count as it's closed, but anyone can enter the DoP!

racer hero
30th December 2008, 15:56
There are already 2... Both on 24-25 Jan ;) OK, MoE one doesn't really count as it's closed, but anyone can enter the DoP!

But I heard there isn't even enough drivers to make it fun.

jwardy
30th December 2008, 16:26
im in the Dop 24 , GTR all alone WOOT

racer hero
30th December 2008, 16:45
im in the Dop 24 , GTR all alone WOOT

I'd offer to race with you but apparently because I am 14 they know I can't race with out even seeing me drive. Anyways, lets stop invading this thread :x:shy:

Webflat
31st December 2008, 09:13
But I heard there isn't even enough drivers to make it fun.

Here is the official sign-in:

http://www.bc-racing.de/BurnoutCrew/Homepage/index.php?navigation=dop

There are teams enough, and yes we have had enough fun as well in the pre races 6h and 12h :nod:

Go here for more information:
http://www.bc-racing.de/BurnoutCrew/wbb3/index.php?page=Board&boardID=51