PDA

View Full Version : 24Hours Kyoto Long Rev - FREE FOR ALL!

Pages : [1] 2

ORION
11th March 2007, 21:27
You love LFS and the challenge of endurance races?
You want to prove your team spirit?
You want to be part of the ultimate challenge a racing simulator can offer?
Then there's only one thing to do:

Drive the 24 Hours of Kyoto Long Reverse!
26th and 27th May 2007

We have seen a couple of 24 hour races now, and even one that lasted 25 hours, but there has always been one big disadvantage - None of them was really a global event. In the "official" 24 hours race, there were mostly Germans driving, and the MoE was not really open to anyone.
So, ZT decided to get hold of the rights to arrange the official 24 Hours System anew - from scratch.

We are going to allow many different car classes on a server at once, to keep the challenge at a high level. This has proven to be the best solution in all offical 24 hour races so far. We will try to keep the servers equal (-> there will be as many servers as required to fit all racers in there), so that there isn't one GTR team having to drive slalom around hundreds of XFGs ;)

Car Classes overview:
1. GTR's: XR GTR, FZ50 GTR, FXO GTR
2. N - GTR's: UF GTR, XF GTR
3. LRF's: LX6, FZ50, Raceabout
4. TBO's: XR GT Turbo, RB4 Turbo, FXO Turbo
5. FR's: XF GTi, XR GT

A team can have up to 4 racers, who will move one car.

There will be an overall ranking, and a ranking for each car class. So, if you don't drive the fast GTRs, you can also be the winner - in your class.

ZT will be organizing the whole event, and we hope that it will be HUGE :D

More info (including a place so sign up) will be announced shortly, so keep your eyes open. Your 24h Admincrew.

[ZT] Chrinaeg
[ZT] ORION
[ZT] Iceman
[ZT] remix

If you have questions or suggestions, want to help by providing servers for example, or whatever - feel free to post :)

ZT website (http://www.zockertempel.com/)

SIGN-UP NOW OPEN! (http://www.lfs24h.com/signup.php)

dawesdust_12
11th March 2007, 21:55
This will be fun. We got some UKCT whacko's ready to drive in it, and if they'd let me, I'd do the entire race alone, or an 8 hour stint alone.

zeugnimod
11th March 2007, 21:58
Sounds great.

11SuLLy11
11th March 2007, 22:06
cool !:thumb:

sinbad
11th March 2007, 22:06
That does sound fun, and a great way of keeping it interesting for everybody. Whatever you drive you'll have something happening around you every lap in the other classes, it won't just be a hotlap-fest.

Best of luck with it.

KeiichiRX7
11th March 2007, 23:36
Count me interested

R34GTR
11th March 2007, 23:41
I are certainly interesting, can't find anyone who'll be my friend for the race though...:(

Tweaker
12th March 2007, 00:23
Are the classes divided up evenly?

For instance:

4 - GTR
4 - N
4 - LRF
4 - TBO
4 - FR

20 Total? Keep in mind, MoE leaves several slots free for driver swaps to be possible, but you also need room for admins and people to control the race... so something like 18 max cars is all you can really do.... safely.

So you'd need to reduce some classes by a few cars to allow for driver swaps.

Sketchyrollin564
12th March 2007, 00:31
While this sounds really fun, i dont think i would like to sit in front of a computer for 24 hours. I think ill pass :)

Viperboy1991
12th March 2007, 01:24
sounds like alot of fun...to bad i cant race in it

MR_B
12th March 2007, 01:52
Ooooh wow, I'll keep an eye on this. I maybe crazy but I'm interested :D

zeugnimod
12th March 2007, 05:19
While this sounds really fun, i dont think i would like to sit in front of a computer for 24 hours. I think ill pass :)

Lol, of course, you arent driving the whole 24 hours alone. :D

Its for teams with several drivers.

Jakg
12th March 2007, 06:36
This will be fun. We got some UKCT whacko's ready to drive in it, and if they'd let me, I'd do the entire race alone, or an 8 hour stint alone.i'd love to, but on the 24th i have an 2:15 exam, and on the 4th to the 20th (i think) of June i have my GCSE's, so i'll have to bow out

SamH
12th March 2007, 06:38
A UKCT contingency will definitely be there though :)

kamo2000
12th March 2007, 06:58
I think 4 Ignition is interested also...at least i am for now :thumb:

ORION
12th March 2007, 09:25
Are the classes divided up evenly?

For instance:

4 - GTR
4 - N
4 - LRF
4 - TBO
4 - FR

20 Total? Keep in mind, MoE leaves several slots free for driver swaps to be possible, but you also need room for admins and people to control the race... so something like 18 max cars is all you can really do.... safely.

So you'd need to reduce some classes by a few cars to allow for driver swaps.
That will depend on the amount of teams per car. if there are 3 times more teams in the GTR class, than in the FR one, we cant keep it like this.
The only chance is to deicide that after the signup is closed :)

St4Lk3R
12th March 2007, 10:33
a 4 drivers maximum is definitely too less for a 24-hours-race. 4 drivers is OK for a 6-hours-race like team Vitex currently organizes it in germany, but for a 24-hours-race, the maximum number of drivers should be at least six.

Especially for us "rookie"-teams its simply unmasterable to drive 24 hours with only 4 drivers, and if you want to make it free for all, then please also create conditions that allow "rookie"-teams to participate.

EDIT: As announced in the german forums, the race will take part on as much servers as needed, AFAIK.

Tweaker
12th March 2007, 10:49
Wasn't talking about 4 'drivers', was talking about the # of cars for each class :)

Definitely would need 6 drivers for a 24 hour race :)

N I K I
12th March 2007, 10:51
will there be all class in race at same time, or different class drives on different server?

And how many teams per class? I don't won to drive a lone in my class!

St4Lk3R
12th March 2007, 11:09
Wasn't talking about 4 'drivers', was talking about the # of cars for each class :)

Definitely would need 6 drivers for a 24 hour race :)

You weren't, but ORION did:

A team can have up to 4 racers, who will move one car.

And as I already said (and you support me there), 4 drivers is definitely too less for a 24h-race.

EDIT: in the german forums, another one said that 6 drivers should be maximum... I think this 24h-race is well worth an own section in the "events" category, and there, a vote about that issue should take place.

traxxion
12th March 2007, 11:19
+1 for making it 6 drivers :)

Hyperactive
12th March 2007, 11:28
Few pointers:
- Having the big GTRs and the slow XF/GTs in same race isn't exactly a good decision. The speed difference is huge.
- By having 5 (!) different classes you don't actually have enough people per class. 2 slower one, 1 midfielder and 2 fast drivers. The 5 cars get easily scattered around the track.
- The big GTRs have to do a lot passing and the slowest XF/GTs have blue flags almost all the time.

:tilt:

traxxion
12th March 2007, 11:45
Few pointers:
1 Having the big GTRs and the slow XF/GTs in same race isn't exactly a good decision. The speed difference is huge.
2 By having 5 (!) different classes you don't actually have enough people per class. 2 slower one, 1 midfielder and 2 fast drivers. The 5 cars get easily scattered around the track.
3 The big GTRs have to do a lot passing and the slowest XF/GTs have blue flags almost all the time.

:tilt:
1) As you can read in the first post there have been similar events in the past. As far as I've heard there haven't been any memorable problems.
2) If I understand correctly there will be more than one server, which means that the classes are bigger than the 5 cars you mention.
3) Yeah, and your point is? :p If you think it will cause a lot of problems: this of course comes down to professionalism of the drivers. If you don't feel like having blue flags all the time, or do a lot of passing... then just don't join this race :p

Hyperactive
12th March 2007, 11:55
1) As you can read in the first post there have been similar events in the past. As far as I've heard there haven't been any memorable problems.
2) If I understand correctly there will be more than one server, which means that the classes are bigger than the 5 cars you mention.
3) Yeah, and your point is? :p If you think it will cause a lot of problems: this of course comes down to professionalism of the drivers. If you don't feel like having blue flags all the time, or do a lot of passing... then just don't join this race :p

The multiple server system didn't catch my eye, thanks for forcing me to notice it :p

Blue flags and slow and fast cars are of course one part of endu racing. I am just a bit unsure how well the speed differences between the big GTRs and slow XFG/XRGs can be dealt on track. But if tt has been done succesfully in the past and with the idea of multiple servers it might work :p

ORION
12th March 2007, 12:50
Well, we have always been driving with 4 racers... but if you want more than 4, we can talk about that aswell :)
I can't decide that myself though, so I'm gonna post this in the 24 hours admin thread :)

From my experience, I can say that setting up a team with 6 drivers can be really tricky though, because finding 6 people in one team, than have enough free time for the whole weekend, is really not easy and requires a rather large team. It's rather unlikely that a team that consists of only 6 people can make a 6 racer stong team...
We mostly had 6 drivers for a 4 drivers team, 2 as reserve. We usually decided a few hours before the race start, which drivers were allowed to start.

Yes, we will use multiple servers, as the former organizers of the last 3 24 hour races did. And the traffic was not a problem aswell, also because there were more GTR cars than FR ones.
Specially the night stints benefit from some action on the track (there have indeed been people falling asleep on the straights :D)
Imo the different car classes are a major part of the longrun feeling, which is about finishing in the first place. This can only be achieved by driving savely, not by hotlapping :)

keithano
12th March 2007, 13:27
wanna race so much.. but cant participate in many races coz I am not in a team.. lol

or well. im a noob that's driven only around 4000km?

kamo2000
12th March 2007, 13:48
Well we for now have 2 raers ready for this and 3rd is not responding so max 3 drivers from my team...i think that will be little to less...is it possible to merge 2 teams into one for the event ? to have more drivers in it ?

dawesdust_12
12th March 2007, 14:02
A UKCT contingency will definitely be there though :)

Possibly 2... I still want to do the XRG alone for 24 hours :P

keithano
12th March 2007, 14:10
Possibly 2... I still want to do the XRG alone for 24 hours :P

Are u serious @@.. that will be.... so hard..

ORION
12th March 2007, 14:22
Well we for now have 2 raers ready for this and 3rd is not responding so max 3 drivers from my team...i think that will be little to less...is it possible to merge 2 teams into one for the event ? to have more drivers in it ?

Yes, of course you can mix like you want :smileypul

BurnOut69
12th March 2007, 14:41
How do you plan to deal with disconnections?

St4Lk3R
12th March 2007, 14:52
How do you plan to deal with disconnections?
I think they will use a system similar to the MoEs.

@ORION: Of course its difficult for some teams to organize a 6-drivers-team, but its also difficult for some teams to drive this huge race with only 4 drivers. I would suggest that you tell us a minimum and maximum amout of drivers, for example "a team can consist of 2 to 6 racers". Then everyone will be happy, the teams that only want to drive with 2 or 3 or 4 drivers as well as those teams that want to race with 6 people. This is not an advantage or disadvantage to anyone, and everyone can decide on his/her own how much racers they want to take to that race.

Sounds good eh?

Greets, Stalker

ORION
12th March 2007, 15:33
Problem is, there are current 2 groups of people:
one the one hand, those who do absolutely not want more than 4 racers, and on the other hand, those who want 6 racers.
We here at ZT have now driven 3 24h races, and never with more than 4 racers, and it has always worked very well (worst result 2nd place).

Atm I cant really say how it will be done, maybe the best solution is 5 racers per team.

About disconnections:
Yes, you can reconnect and the tracker will continue countding you laps. You lose any unfinished lap, though, and the time you need to reconnect of course. We are probably not going to use penatlies of another lap, like they did in the MoE (iirc).

Tweaker
12th March 2007, 18:23
We are probably not going to use penatlies of another lap, like they did in the MoE (iirc).
They stopped giving a +1 lap penalty for disconnects this season... you just reconnect and lost the lap you were on, like you said. It was a whole lot better this way, since all the teams could not lose the race entirely just by one big disconnect that would hurt their chances altogether.

N I K I
12th March 2007, 19:19
I need to ask how long stints are? I have never raced anything endurance :shrug: so one driver drives for hour, 2 hours, 6 hours or what....

Vain
12th March 2007, 19:22
Stint duration depends on the car.
TBOs can stay out for over two hours in one go, FZRs come back to the pits after 1:30 to 2:00 if I'm not mistaken.
All stints should be multiples of the pit-rythm of the car.
How many hours you drive is up to you though.

Vain

Blackout
12th March 2007, 19:26
I need to ask how long stints are? I have never raced anything endurance :shrug: so one driver drives for hour, 2 hours, 6 hours or what....

Well, atleast long as you can go with single tank of fuel or two, depends, but in MoE there is a minimum limit for a stint, 45 minutes I think. But this isn't MoE so, I suppose it's up to the racers.

N I K I
12th March 2007, 19:32
I'm not interested in GTRs really :shrug: And I know there will be most of all GTRs. But I hope there will be some competition in other 3 classes. My favour is TBO. I've just watched on LFSW and FXO has big advantage over the XRT and RB4. Maybe we should ban FXO from this event?

Edit:
I made a little table, have a look:
GTRs
FZR - DreaF ........2:10.32
XRR - BlackMan ...2:11.29 +0.97
FXR - KenjiLee .....2:12.44 +2.12

N - GTRs
XFR - KenjiLee .....2:32.41
UFR - KenjiLee .....2:32.58 +0.17

LRFs
LX6 - DreaF .........2:41.25
RAC - UnLiMiTeD ...2:42.58 +1.33
FZ5 - N I K I ........2:43.19 +1.95

TBOs
FXO - KenjiLee ......2:47.26
RB4 - biggie .........2:50.20 +2.94
XRT - N I K I ........2:50.52 +3.26

FRs
XRG - Biohazard .....3:06.77
XFG - MoT3C ........3:08.41 +1.64

You can see that only UFR and XFR have almost the same time and RB4 'n' XRT!

So can you think about banning FXO?

Edit2:
How does drivers connect to server when they need to change? And how many cars are in race at same time?

Kajojek(PL)
12th March 2007, 20:48
But since you are such a great driver it should be no problem to overtake those fxo's! ;)

N I K I
12th March 2007, 21:08
But since you are such a great driver it should be no problem to overtake those fxo's! ;)

This is team racing :)
:really: My team mates are noobs hehehehe :D

Nard
12th March 2007, 21:41
I played WoW for 29 hours straight, so I'm totally sure it can be done to drive for 24 hours. Very hard, but feasible.

(I'll look like a huge nerd for saying this, but it was a dare with my roommate who wanted to see who could play for the longest time straight).

I really want to participate in this event, I'll have to make up a team or something, maybe some local racers will want to participate! :nod:

dawesdust_12
12th March 2007, 22:46
A 24 hour race alone would just take about 3 Pizza Hut Pizzas, about 48 Cokes, and syncronization between pitstops and washrooms. Oh, and did I mention the day of school skipping prior to the race to sleep. Just need people in TS to keep me company.

EDIT: I am a 1 man endurance machine now :P

LATE EDIT!: Before I get hyped up to do the entire race alone, ORION, am I required to have a team mate, or am I allowed to do the drive as an individual?

ORION
13th March 2007, 09:16
We are currently thinking about putting 5 as maximum, and 1 as minimum, but its not final yet. Maybe we will even allow 6 racers per team, we'll see. So driving alone will definetely allowed, also 2, 3 or 4 racers teams. We are just not sure about more racers, but there is not really a big disadvantage for people with smaller teams. The "Free for all" system would make most sense with an unlimited amount of racers per team, but we have to find out if there is a maximum amount of racers per team that the tracker can deal with ;)

@N I K I:
For a pit stop you connect to a server like in any racer with driver change. Connect, wait a few minutes until your racer pits, change driver, you drive, and the other leaves the server. THat means we need some free slots. We will do that exactly like in the last 24h race, but atm I dont remember the exact racer count per server :)

traxxion
13th March 2007, 09:20
I played WoW for 29 hours straight, so I'm totally sure it can be done to drive for 24 hours. Very hard, but feasible.

(I'll look like a huge nerd for saying this, but it was a dare with my roommate who wanted to see who could play for the longest time straight).
You guys do know people have died in silly attempts like that right? :really:

:slap:

dawesdust_12
13th March 2007, 21:30
This is why I'm not forcing myself to stay awake, I'm gonna try, but if I am about to pass out after 20 hours, I'll park the car for a 2 hour nap then go finish the race.

bbman
13th March 2007, 21:44
Jezza? :tilt:

KeiichiRX7
14th March 2007, 11:21
um, 24hours isnt that hard dude, people do it every year in the Baja 1000, some jsut barely making it in under the 32 hour time limit. And your body can handle it just fine as long as you stay properly hydrated, and dont try to hold your bladder for all 24 hours. take a leak when youre in the pits and dont be shy about 5 minute pit stops to take a crap. Solo attempts are about making it to the finish.

as for teh mental endurance... I've been up for close to 48 hours before, gone to work and everything. the trick is staying fed and hydrated.

Becky Rose
14th March 2007, 12:23
Tips for competing in a 24 hour race:

Two drivers should be asleep at race start
When one driver is on track another driver should always be ready to take over within a laps notice
Never make a rash decision to pit. Always have somebody detached from the action (not driving) to make the call. (LFS Spectator & Teamspeak)
The length of each stint should be timed by the mechanical limits of the vehicle (fuel tank)
After lap 1 the race for position is over, it is now about keeping on the black stuff
Dont do double stints. Heroes loose concentration and spin
When faced with a decision, always take the less risky option
French toilets are really bad, if competing at Le Mans use the camper van
If stopping for mechanical repair, change driver.
Plan your meals before the race. Dont eat chocolate or take fizzy drinks. Eat sensibly. Catering is a major factor in keeping mental concentration.
If another driver is reckless on track, dont pass. Hang back and wait for an error, or for another car to come up from behind and collide. At worse you will loose half a lap - which is better than pitting for repairs.
Dont employ drivers who have a short temperament. They always loose endurance events - even if they dont attribute the loss to something they did.
Remember that anyone and everyone can win. Victory is in preperation, mentality, and luck. Not speed.
Practice the pit entrance

Hope it helps :).

GeForz
14th March 2007, 13:23
The speed difference between GTR and e.g. xr gt is the best thing about the 24h race ;)

dawesdust_12
14th March 2007, 13:23
I know, I think I'd die after 24 hours in a GTR car, 24 hours in the XRG = pure bliss because the car is so fun and friendly to drive at KY3R.

ORION
14th March 2007, 17:50
Very very good tips Becky!
However, we never did only one stint - for example 2 are not a problem at all. It requires a good amount of concentration though. I can also recommend dirving some rather long test racers, at least 4 hours, because that way you will quickly find out how long you can concentrate, and which stint length is the best for you.

All I can recommend is - try to avoid driving 4 hours in a row, like I did in the race on Fern Bay Black... that hurts oO

I also see there's a test server online right now, maybe someone wants to join:
lfs://|24hours+Train+%5E4powered+by+HPR|0|S2|/
lfsworld info:
http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=hosts&whichTab=licensed&hostname=24hours+Train+%5E4powered+by+HPR&version=4

Nobo
14th March 2007, 18:53
Plan your meals before the race. Dont eat chocolate or take fizzy drinks. Eat sensibly. Catering is a major factor in keeping mental concentration.

Nice tips Becky!
But.....24hours without chocolate no way! :schwitz:

Frankmd
14th March 2007, 19:55
Just a little note on the minimum amount of drivers in a team: the thing that makes endurance racing special is that you are in a team: you depend on people and people depend on you. In a team you are not only swapping the driver seat, but also trying to help your other teammates. This whole dependency is no longer there when you allow people to drive as one man teams. I don't doubt it is a real achievement racing 24h on your own, but how fun is it for the other contenders to race someone who just wants to make it to the finish? Also, a team with four people provides a fun event for 4 people, a team with one provides fun for only one person. As the capacity of the server is limited, I think one man teams should be invited only if no other teams are available.

Besides that, I think the organizers have a certain responsibility that people don't do crazy things that might hurt them. Sure, people choose to do it themselfs, but I really think they shouldn't be allowed to in a race. If they want to do it on their own, fine. If there are enough nutters, let them organize a race, but don't allow one man teams to a team race.

GianniC
14th March 2007, 20:22
Orion, are you nuts ?

:D

KeiichiRX7
14th March 2007, 21:21
Frank, at this point rather than just jack the thread for a huge arguement about the merits of solo runs vs team efforts, i will simply choose to agree to disagree.

I will state however that Solo runners need to either go all the way, or not finish. No driver change should be allowed for Solo attempts.

dawesdust_12
14th March 2007, 22:00
Orion, are you nuts ?

:D

4 hours... Bah. 24 hour stint.. NICE

Callous Hooper
16th March 2007, 16:18
I have a Server available if it's needed. I have posted some info on the Euro Racing Group forum which has spawned some interest.
Will there be a different server for each class?

ORION
16th March 2007, 16:35
read post 1:

We are going to allow many different car classes on a server at once, to keep the challenge at a high level. This has proven to be the best solution in all offical 24 hour races so far. We will try to keep the servers equal (-> there will be as many servers as required to fit all racers in there), so that there isn't one GTR team having to drive slalom around hundreds of XFGs ;)

Callous Hooper
16th March 2007, 16:40
Thanks, it's my age you know, I tend to miss important details.:tilt:

ORION
22nd March 2007, 21:33
Ok lads, signup is open!!! Hurry up, grab the good Start numbers hehe:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=21385

dawesdust_12
23rd March 2007, 01:47
Well, I'm signed up, and I'm ready for 24 hours of driving, The determination it will require to finish will be huge, but I'm not gonna go back on my word now.

It also helps that I'm driving the XRG, the only car where I can prolly on the oval bit place a brick on the pedal and go take a shit.

SamH
23rd March 2007, 07:42
I've signed up the "UKCT Briton" team now, too, to complement the "UKCT Canadia" team entered. We'll be driving the FXR.. and we're really rather excited about it too, I might add! We've been training for about a week, so far, and we're confident that we'll complete at least 2 laps without crashing! :tilt:

ORION
23rd March 2007, 10:12
It also helps that I'm driving the XRG, the only car where I can prolly on the oval bit place a brick on the pedal and go take a shit.
Well, if you crash other people when you are away it might be possible that you are punished with penalties, depending on what your car will do... lol :D
Maybe its a better idea to just stop somewhere, best is in the pits. Then you dont cause any trouble.

BTW, if you drive alone, you must keep the other lfsworld username fields empty im afraid :)

DeadWolfBones
23rd March 2007, 13:43
I really wish this wasn't on the same weekend as the Indy 500 and Coke 600.

dawesdust_12
23rd March 2007, 14:58
Well, if you crash other people when you are away it might be possible that you are punished with penalties, depending on what your car will do... lol :D
Maybe its a better idea to just stop somewhere, best is in the pits. Then you dont cause any trouble.

BTW, if you drive alone, you must keep the other lfsworld username fields empty im afraid :)

There, fixed my signup form, and the brick on the oval bit, I was only joking, I'll probably make a mad dash when I take my full load of fuel+Tyres+fix damage.

ORION
26th March 2007, 18:18
Thank you Dustin :)

Ok, so far we have 40 teams singed up, which is quite a good result because the race is still far away and there will likely be even more sign ups :)
However, we need more teams driving the small cars like the GTI, because its a requirement for each class to have at least 3 teams.

Blackout
26th March 2007, 18:22
40 teams?! :O

N I K I
26th March 2007, 19:09
Most of them driving GTRs :shrug:
So we have 3 teams in TBO (yeeeeey) but one of them is SK and they drive FXO :(. They have incredibly fast racers, and they won to drive fastest car, so I want to ask them: Can you drive XRT or RB4, please :shy: FXO is not fun :shrug:

dawesdust_12
26th March 2007, 19:25
ORION, I picked the XRG becuase I need a sunday drive speed car for a 24 hour race, GTR would be ****ing impossible to drive for 24 hours straight. I would :love: more GTi class drivers to compete against the 24 hour idiot, becuase else, I'll be forced into the equally lovely car, of the RB4.

DeadWolfBones
26th March 2007, 19:34
Probably a dumb question, but there's no chance of rescheduling so it's not on the same day as two of the biggest races of the year?

ORION
26th March 2007, 20:10
Im sorry there's nothing I can do Im afraid :(
1. Im not responsible for this, Im only doing the web coding and posting here in the english forum, and I have asked Christian, and he said no.
2. there are already 40 teams that signed up, and it would be a huge mess to change the date, inform everyone, and find out that some of them dont like the new date aswell...

However, I have added a car counter to the website, that shows you how many teams drive each car, so you dont have to count them:
http://www.lfs24h.com/cars.php

DeadWolfBones
26th March 2007, 21:39
Thanks anyway. I still might enter a team. :)

Is there a cap on number of teams?

ORION
26th March 2007, 21:57
ATM not really :)
Well, the Startnumbers are only from 000 - 999, so thats the only limit at the moment... of course we will need more servers for that, but atm we have 6 servers (5 exclusively for the 24h race, and the ZT server aswell.), which should be enough for now.

45 teams now btw :D

Leifde
26th March 2007, 22:00
You can also have my server if you need it. :)

I want to enter a team as it would be a fun thing to do but it's just after my GCSEs start so I'll be revising :(

Tweaker
26th March 2007, 22:02
The whole idea of having an endurance race and splitting up all the competition into several servers is just strange to be honest. Defeats the purpose of what a multi-class endurance race really is :shrug:

But I guess if you want tons of people to participate, that is the winning factor to this :tilt:

bbman
26th March 2007, 22:56
The whole idea of having an endurance race and splitting up all the competition into several servers is just strange to be honest. Defeats the purpose of what a multi-class endurance race really is :shrug:

But I guess if you want tons of people to participate, that is the winning factor to this :tilt:

Why? You can still compare the laps across all the servers...

DeadWolfBones
27th March 2007, 04:21
Yeah, as long as they aren't segregating the cars it should be ok, I think. Should have as equal distribution of car types per server as possible, though.

Tweaker
27th March 2007, 04:28
Exactly my point yeah. Because Endurance races aren't just about lasting a long time racing against the same class... and if we have all these other classes available, there should be an equal mix on every server. Though, that still makes the racing kind of "imaginary" because you'll probably never race about 3/4 of all the opponents in your class, because they'd be in a different server :shrug:.

Jakg
27th March 2007, 06:37
I want to enter a team as it would be a fun thing to do but it's just after my GCSEs start so I'll be revising :(same here, but the week after i;ve got 2 exams a day, and the week before i have a few

ORION
27th March 2007, 09:52
that still makes the racing kind of "imaginary" because you'll probably never race about 3/4 of all the opponents in your class, because they'd be in a different server :shrug:.
Well, in any of the 24h races we have driven so far, there has never been real racing tbh after more than 50 laps. If you pass someone you are racing with, its mostly lapping them, or just a few laps race until someone pits. Real racing and fighting is too tire expensive in a longrun, you just loose time.

However, the past racse showed us that the teams tell their drivers over team speak how fast the others are, and you miss almost no laptimes from the opponents :)
That is real endurance racing, which is kinda different to the racing at the MoE, where you are mostly hotlapping. The slow cars give it a totally different feeling. Ever benn passed by a car that is 150kmh faster that you? Or passed a car that was 150kmh slower that you? :smileypul
Thats really difficult and requires a completely different driving. Every team should practise this before the race starts.

KeiichiRX7
27th March 2007, 10:28
Wait, so we CAN sign up alone? one of the ZT team PM'ed a member of my team telling him that i would HAVE to have a teammate.

Chrineag or soemthing like that

ORION
27th March 2007, 10:48
At first we didn't want to allow 1 man teams, but now we don't care anymore :)
I mean, Chrinaeg allowed one guy to race alone, but this doesn't make sense if one is allowed and others are not. So now you can drive also alone.

dawesdust_12
27th March 2007, 18:57
I got that same PM from Chrinaeg, but I said that in the thread I was told that I was allowed to do a 1 man race.

banshee56
27th March 2007, 19:32
Wait, so we CAN sign up alone? one of the ZT team PM'ed a member of my team telling him that i would HAVE to have a teammate.

Chrineag or soemthing like that

Umm...is he going to move his PC/wheel into the wash room? Tell him to remember to assign a special key to the Ventrilo/Teamspeak "mute microphone" button when he needs some "relief". :thumb:

On a more serious note, are there any spots left for a team?

dawesdust_12
27th March 2007, 19:35
I dunno, if I can't drive alone, I'm not going to bother with the race, or I'll get my friend to do an entire 1 lap stint.

ORION
27th March 2007, 19:50
You will definetely be allowed to race alone, exactly because of this reason: we cant really make a rule that defines how many laps each racer must drive to cound him as driver. I mean, you could sign up a 4 racer team, and the first 3 drive 1 lap each, and you the rest :)

Driving alone IS ALLOWED.
period :D

GeForz
28th March 2007, 00:08
But remember to drive to the pit lane if you need to go to the toliet ^^

dawesdust_12
28th March 2007, 00:12
No, I prefer to park in T1... <.< :P

-Willi-
28th March 2007, 07:26
Would be nice if you increase max driver for each team at least to 6.

GRT_AL
28th March 2007, 08:08
+1 for increasing the driver limit per team to 6.

KeiichiRX7
28th March 2007, 10:17
Actually i plan to take a leak and crap when the car is in the pits, service the car and driver in one go

ORION
28th March 2007, 10:45
The max drivers wont be increased. This was discussed altready a long time here, and even more in the German forum, and the result was 4 as maximum.
If you have 6 drivers, its a much better idea to start 2 teams with 3 racers each, because there might always be technical problems, like disconnects.
And as we saw at the last 24h race from the MoE, you can lose a race with those disconnects. (I think Ocrana was really unlucky there)

Fetzo
28th March 2007, 10:54
what have technical difficulties of individual drivers to do with the maximum number of teammates? 6 racers of one team can start with 6 individual teams even if the maximum teammember number is actually 6.

it's quiet the opposite of your statement, orion. if a driver has problems with his pc, its better if there are more drivers who can jump in for him.

there wasn't really a discussion about this topic. a lot of teams asked for bigger teams and the 24h-crew just said no. without a real reason. that's not a discussion.

i know, its your event and your rules. just don't pretend, you really have considered bigger teams. we have to shut out one of our drivers because of this.

Becky Rose
28th March 2007, 11:09
I've done a 24 hour race for real, and I would not consider doing a 24 hour event with less than 4 drivers, and ideally would have more. Under this system i'd like to organise the team to have 4 drivers with another 1-2 drivers fully practiced incase a driver cannot make it at the last moment or has a technical problem with their computer.

Unfortunately it's a bit much of an ask to get a driver or two fully practiced without the promise of a drive, but there's just no way i'd attempt a 24 hour race with 3 people - and what if their brake pedal breaks, or their connection drops out before the event, or ....

Any team wanting to enter a 24 hour event who has not previously done an event i'd urge you to seriously consider the advise of the organisers regarding running 3 driver teams.

I wouldn't do it, i've done it before. I've been in a 24 hour race where we lost 2 drivers - one through injury and one through foreign food.

4 really is the sensible minimum.

EDIT: In real racing you'll find some series have rules for a minimum number of drivers for an event of this length, but i'm yet to see one who imposes a maximum.

Becky Rose
28th March 2007, 11:12
Driving alone IS ALLOWED.
It would be an irrisponsible action to accept a race entry application from a one driver team.

In all levels of real racing a yearly or bi-yearly medical is required, for a 24 hour event an extra medical is required and there is a window of time in which it must be done.

Any driver running alone should take a heperin injection or take Wolferine to thin their blood as the risk of death due to a blood clot is extremely high, in fact, almost guaranteed.

-Willi-
28th March 2007, 11:23
Thought this would be a team event, not a test how long individual drivers can stay awake/concentrated. IMHO 1 driver alone is silly - not competitive, this still is a race or am I wrong?

My request for more than 4 drivers was not because we had so much ppl who want to race. But most of us have also some other things to attend, so it would be easier for teams to find enough drivers to fill the 24 hours...

DeadWolfBones
28th March 2007, 14:14
Any driver running alone should take a heperin injection or take Wolferine to thin their blood as the risk of death due to a blood clot is extremely high, in fact, almost guaranteed.

:Looking_a

Assuming you get up every once in a while to use the bathroom/get a drink/eat a snack, I don't see how it would be much different from lying in bed sick for a day. Any particular reason for the clots aside from being immobile?

Becky Rose
28th March 2007, 14:34
Because when sim racing your legs are in a fixed position for much longer. In bed you move, in a real car your body is more mobile than in a chair.

People die on planes from blood clots over much shorter periods of time, in sim racing the body is even more fixed in its position. Particularly the legs, the movement of which your body relies on.

All I am saying is that anyone attempting this on their own should get medical advise before hand to check they are physically fit enough - although in truth, blood clots effect physically able people indiscriminately, and I am saying it is irresponsible for an event organiser to accept single driver entries for a 24hr event when they know some of their audience are young and influencable.

DeadWolfBones
28th March 2007, 14:59
Do we have a start time for the race?

Will it be based in GMT?

DeadWolfBones
28th March 2007, 15:00
Because when sim racing your legs are in a fixed position for much longer. In bed you move, in a real car your body is more mobile than in a chair.

People die on planes from blood clots over much shorter periods of time, in sim racing the body is even more fixed in its position. Particularly the legs, the movement of which your body relies on.

All I am saying is that anyone attempting this on their own should get medical advise before hand to check they are physically fit enough - although in truth, blood clots effect physically able people indiscriminately, and I am saying it is irresponsible for an event organiser to accept single driver entries for a 24hr event when they know some of their audience are young and influencable.

Yeah, fair enough. Good advice.

ORION
28th March 2007, 15:05
it's quiet the opposite of your statement, orion. if a driver has problems with his pc, its better if there are more drivers who can jump in for him.
If you have one driver with problems, and he is in one team, and he gets one or 2 disconnects, the team has no chance to win. If you have 2 teams, and one driver has one or 2 disconects, one team has no chane to win, but the second team still has, because the disconnect affects only one team. The more teams, the more disconnects you can deal with.

And there WAS a discussion, and almost all people said 4 drivers are enough. You, the community, made this rule, not we.
The rules are there, and if you don't like them, then don't race. It was to be expected that there will always be people moaning, but there is no way to stop it. Same thing as seen in the LFS development threads.

Remember, a 24h race is not coffee drinking. People who start alone should indeed know what they are doing, and most importantly, drink enough.
It's really true what Becky said, so don't take things too easy. Maybe sign up another driver who can support you, so you can take at least a one hour break or so...

[EDIT]
We are thinking about the rules again, because its supposed to be really free for all, and we try to make as many people happy as possible. Maybe there will be a special rule for teams with more than 4 drivers, or with just one driver. I mean, it doesn't really hurt a team with 4 when there is also a team with 6. But of course its easier with 6 than with 4, but I think we have found a nice solution there :)
But for this nice solution we need to organize some stuff first to be able to tell if its possible or not...
So please stand by and wait until its done. "When its done" ... lol :D

banshee56
28th March 2007, 15:21
Do we have a start time for the race?

Will it be based in GMT?

For a "global event", I would hope this wouldn't start before 5PM GMT on May 26th, as that would be 9AM on the West Coast here in the US. :shrug:

ORION
28th March 2007, 15:26
For the start time, we haven't made a decision yet, but we will make a vote I think. Last race started at 4 or 5 PM iirc, so about that time is likely.

banshee56
28th March 2007, 15:59
5PM GMT would be good!

Fetzo
28th March 2007, 16:47
If you have one driver with problems, and he is in one team, and he gets one or 2 disconnects, the team has no chance to win. If you have 2 teams, and one driver has one or 2 disconects, one team has no chane to win, but the second team still has, because the disconnect affects only one team. The more teams, the more disconnects you can deal with.

but what has this to do with the maximum number auf racers per team?! no one is holding a team back to start with 3 racers and two racing-teams, even if there is a maximum team number of 6 racers.

they aren't forced to use that maximum aren't they? in your rules they even can signup 6 one-racer-teams.

btw. there are ppl who arent that competative as you seem to be. some racers just want to join the race with some friends and have a good time.

p.w.:
it's not a discussion when there are just some oldskoolers boasting that they have done some 24h races with less than 4 drivers. maybe it's my age, but for me the important part is the racing and the teamplay, not playing some game for a very long time and staying awake as long as i can. been there, done that, nothing to boast about. there was barely anyone who was objecting to more racers, but a lot who liked to have more drivers per team. most of them just stated with how much racers they would like to start.

ORION
28th March 2007, 17:55
btw. there are ppl who arent that competative as you seem to be. some racers just want to join the race with some friends and have a good time.exactly this is what we figured out for the new rules. But you must wait a bit, Im sorry for that.

boosterfire
28th March 2007, 18:19

Absolutly true, and please don't allow people to do this alone. It's always how accidents happen in videogames (YES, it does happen!): some kid plays for an incredible ammount of time, eventually dies of it for some reason.

dawesdust_12
28th March 2007, 19:42
Booscht, thats why if I feel like theres a large risk to my health during the race (woozy feeling or dizzy), I'll pit and take a break (walk around the house, make coffee). Trying to keep on pace, but whats better? Surviving the race and losing, or dying and losing?

LFSn00b
28th March 2007, 19:46
Umm... Is it good if i just shake my legs and walk around my room and go back to sit and drive when the pitstop is finished?

Just asking... But i'm not driving alone.

dawesdust_12
28th March 2007, 19:49
I am driving alone, and I might actually go run a lap around the block (yes, at 3:00 AM) during a pitstop, just to keep alive. Also Becky, my status during the race will be more like OMG! THERES BLOOD IN MY CAFFEINE... :P

axus
28th March 2007, 20:32
I'd love to get an LX6 team together but this is right in the middle of my exams. :( This is also the reason I've been putting off the LXCC season 2, it's my final year at school before university and I need to do well. My schedule is busier than I expected. At best, I do 2 hours of LFS a week, all dedicated to SARL.

SamH
28th March 2007, 21:00
I'm just gonna put this out there, since it's a discussion that's been going on within UKCT the last day or two, and I don't want anyone to be under the wrong impression about where we stand on it, as responsible adults:-

We (as in the UKCT bunch, collectively - non-LFS and LFSers alike) are very concerned about Dustin's 1-man entry into this event. BUT.. we're not his parents, so we can't SAY he can't do it. We're just strongly encouraging him to be sensible about it.

If anyone is going to go for this as a single driver, they must understand that it IS a dangerous thing to do. We'll be continuing to nag Dustin to share the drive with at least one other driver, and more if we can. We'll continue to point out the dangers and the complications of deep vein thrombosis etc. Driving for 24hrs is more than a challenge. It's a nightmare. I have actually physically done it, stopping only for gas and snacks. I wouldn't choose to do it again because it's simply not worth the risk.

banshee56
28th March 2007, 21:20
I am driving alone, and I might actually go run a lap around the block (yes, at 3:00 AM) during a pitstop, just to keep alive. Also Becky, my status during the race will be more like OMG! THERES BLOOD IN MY CAFFEINE... :P

You know what man, that isn't even funny. Please find a partner or two for this event.

Becky Rose
29th March 2007, 06:43
Clots form without symptoms btw Dustin, they kill you when they become dislodged (when you finaly move after the event) and then they travel around your body, you'll say "urgh".

You get a few seconds, and then you die.

dawesdust_12
29th March 2007, 06:46
Solution? Don't move after the race... :p

Realistically, I'm starting to think about these health thingies, and I'll probably go yell at my doctor going "YO! GIMME TEH DRUGS DAWG!" (Simplifyed for ease of reading), and look into it more then just "OMG, I AM TEH MASTER OF ENDURANCE", and brag that I have great "Stamina"... :hide:.

Viper93
29th March 2007, 09:03
Or you could just bring yourself back to earth and say this is a stupid idea and I should't try it without at least having another driver.

Hyperactive
29th March 2007, 10:00
I hope the organizers also see what kind of negative publicity you may get from this if people "with artistic and journalistic skills" notice this? Imho, a decision denying participation for teams with less than 3 memebers is perfectly valid decision because it is based on health risks.

You are organizing a great event guys, just use some sensible rules and we can forget this 1-man team debate. As organizers you will also be partly responsible if something happens. Are you willing to take that responsibility :)

KeiichiRX7
29th March 2007, 11:21
Some of us are responsible adults, and perfectly capable of making our own decisions.

I'm taking what's been said under advisement, and looking into my options.
Some physical training doesnt sound like a bad idea at all, and staying properly hydrated can do nothing but help, and will certainly urge you to move about during pit services.

I wouldnt object if the organizers imposed a mandatory break on one man attempts every few hours. Get up, move around, do some stretches, concider whether or not to continue. I do intend to have ful time contact with the rest of my team Via Ventrilo for the duration of the race, as we always do. They will also no doubt keep a watchful eye. We certainly believe in the buddy system

If, after concidering my options, I decide against the solo attempt I will either withdraw my entry or add other drivers to the roster. I could even have another local driver take over at my own PC.

If the organizers change thier mind about solo attempts, please alert those signed up for it and update the rules accrodingly so that we can make adjustments to our plans.

ORION
29th March 2007, 11:33
We are thinking about a minimum pitstop length atm (for 1 driver teams)... like 10 minutes.
But it's really not easy to decide because those guys who want to drive alone (its not just Dustin), might be very angry if we force them into a team or they will say with 10 minutes stops its not really a "new record" ... dunno.

Another thing I want to mention is: Iirc the longest time that an LFS driver has driven without a break was 16 hours.... so you would have to effectively double this, because the last 8 hours will feel as hard as the first 16 ;)

Its by far not as easy as you think, its indeed a nightmare, just like SamH said...

Neither me nor the other admins know how to handle this, tbh :(
Specially Husky seems to be prepared better than Dustin, and he takes it way more seriously...

nihil
29th March 2007, 11:45

Isn't that something to do with Adamantium?

I think you mean Warfarin, which used to be employed as rat poison, and I can say from experience that it isn't something to screw about with. Not a drug that I can recommend you self-administer without considerable knowledge.

You're much better off taking a regular walk about the room with every pit-stop if you really have so little do that you'll be happy to sit in front of a monitor for 24 hours....

Becky Rose
29th March 2007, 11:56
That's the one, rat poison. It's better than death.

Gentlefoot
29th March 2007, 12:01
This is crazy. I did a 1hr 45 min race once and by the end my back hurt, my arms were tired and my eyes were sore and dry. The last 15 mins were no fun at all. And these guys want to do 24 hours? lol

nihil
29th March 2007, 12:08
That's the one, rat poison. It's better than death.

Get the dose wrong (or discover that you're sensitive) and your INR will go sky high, in which case it may be the same as death. Been there and got the story to tell in the pub.

But whatever.... 24hours of playing games alone just isn't healthy, however you look at it.

KeiichiRX7
29th March 2007, 12:16
This is crazy. I did a 1hr 45 min race once and by the end my back hurt, my arms were tired and my eyes were sore and dry. The last 15 mins were no fun at all. And these guys want to do 24 hours? lol

Some of us have done double and triple stints of an hour or more. as long as you have someone on the radio with you, its a lot easier to stay loose and concentrated than you think.

keiran
29th March 2007, 12:26
I'd love to do this but I doubt I can get a team together :(

danowat
29th March 2007, 12:49
I wouldn't mind having a crack at it, but I am at the Nurburgring that weekend :(.

On the subject of long stints, yes, it can be deadly, think of all those mad Koreans who die playing MMORG's.

Mind you, if you are young, fit and healthy you should be ok I reckon, aslong as you make a conscious effort to move around every now and then.

Personally I struggle to do 45mins in one go, last night in the ESL race my back was killing me towards the end of race 2 LOL, but I am a bit older than many LFS drivers ;)

nihil
29th March 2007, 12:49
Just been speed reading the thread, so probably I've missed something... But how exactly does this work: does a team have to be in the same physical location to swap drivers over ie. using the same computer?

What, apart from testosterone and a desire to look into the abyss, is stopping aspirant, but solo, drivers from forming a team?

danowat
29th March 2007, 12:57
No, you can driver swap from anywhere, you just join the server and press the (I think) T (or is it J?) button and you will take over from your team mate.

nihil
29th March 2007, 14:24
(I think) T (or is it J?) button ....

Cheers. Its the T button - couldn't find this in any of the usual documentation, so maybe it could do with updating... but found this explanation eventually:

bring up the connection list with 'N'
click on the 'T' behind your name
then your teammate (in spectator mode) also has to click the 'T' behind your name(provided for anyone besides me who's confused/curious...)

Da Hoe
29th March 2007, 14:27
Cheers. Its the T button - couldn't find this in any of the usual documentation

it's in your keys pdf, which is in lfs/docs/

Becky Rose
29th March 2007, 14:32
Just for clarity, the changeover actually occurs on completion of a pit stop. If one driver uses tyres particularly aggressively and needs higher pressures or harder rubber then the previous driver has to put it on for them.

For a 24hr race you really ought to have voice communication sorted (Team Speak / Ventrillo etc).

banshee56
29th March 2007, 16:06
One thing I just posted on another forum on this subject regarding VOIP communication:

Each team needs two different Vent channels. One for speaking to the active driver (which should only be done down a straight, and never during a position/lapping condition), and another channel to talk strategy and discuss other teams' progress. There are settings in Vent that need to be set, like the "announce when someone joins the server/channel", so that the active driver doesn't have any VOIP interruptions, except when on a straight and by the person doing the information dissemination.

Becky Rose
29th March 2007, 16:20
It's good advise, but try not to do what I did once in a 24hr race where I picked up the wrong radio, to set the scene, the camper van with the kitchen was in the paddock - between our pit garage (circuit de Alain Prost) and the weighbridge which that year didnt have drive on scales.

Instead of radio'ing the weighbridge team I radiod the driver, "Do you want to put the kettle on on your way back?"

"erm, can it wait?"

"can't you just do it on your way over as you are passing it anyway?"

"i've got to stop in the box!"

"Oiy, get off our channel!"

etc etc...

"what? oh... Chris, 2 more laps please."

DeadWolfBones
29th March 2007, 17:03
Haha, excellent.

The Moose
29th March 2007, 18:12
Instead of radio'ing the weighbridge team I radiod the driver, "Do you want to put the kettle on on your way back?"

"erm, can it wait?"

"can't you just do it on your way over as you are passing it anyway?"

"i've got to stop in the box!"

"Oiy, get off our channel!"

etc etc...

"what? oh... Chris, 2 more laps please."

:ices_rofl :thumbsup:

DeadWolfBones
11th April 2007, 16:36
Soooo... how's everyone's practice going for this thing? :D

Anyone want to make a wager on how many of the 77 teams currently signed up will actually start?

Viper93
11th April 2007, 19:38
Well hopefully it will be 78. Muroc is trying to get the people together. =)

Christofire
11th April 2007, 21:00
One thing that no-one seems to have brought up in the health discussion is the effects of staring at a screen for such long periods.

Ok, most of us probably stare at one for most of the day and then the evening (I certainly do :) ), but doing a 24hr race means you'll be staring pretty intently without break, and probably without blinking as often as you're concentrating on the race.

While it may be rare, I wouldn't want to risk the chances of inducing a seizure through not taking enough breaks / rest / sleep / whatever. The consequences are life changing, and shouldn't be dismissed lightly.

banshee56
11th April 2007, 21:06
I don't know about you cats, but the guys I am teaming with are planning shifts so that you DON'T have to stare at a screen for that long.

zeugnimod
11th April 2007, 21:37
I guess he was talking about the people who want to drive the whole race on their own.

KeiichiRX7
12th April 2007, 11:47
actually i'm working on the things i need for this first. and yes i do intend to take breaks when needed.

Breaks don't take anythign special, but hydration in the middle of a race is important, so i'm working on that.

10 minute break every 2 pit stops? fine with me, i've done double and triple stints before so i'm fine on that, and taking breaks means i get to evaluate my own condition and decide whther or not to continue.

Becky Rose
12th April 2007, 11:53
I'd just like to run a couple of thoughts by you, on the question of "why?", if I may... [edit: Re solo attempts]

.For the competition? standing still for an hour of track time gets you nowhere. You will be last of the non-retirements.

.For bragging rights? take a look through this thread - everyone thinks people who attempt it are fools/idiots, so there's none to be had there. You'll find this 'achievement' is as dubiously received in the outside world too. I told some folks at work of you two and I can't even type the politer things they thought about it on these forums.

.For self satisfaction? If this is your reason go for it.

KeiichiRX7
12th April 2007, 12:01
because i can deffinitely falls under self satisfaction. I'd also like to see how i stand up to solo endurance before trying to tackle something far more dangerous in a real car.

If i cant make it 24 hours in LFS on a close circuit track, how the hell can i expect to last 32 hours in the desert of Baja California?

Think of it as a dry run. As for the competition.... I'm competing with the other solo runner.

Dustin, i suggest you stick to the break strategy too. get up and move around. stretching is good for keeping your mind sharp too.

ORION
12th April 2007, 12:43
decals:
(according to the rules, you can also use your own though)
http://lfs24h.com/Decals.rar

milkkis
12th April 2007, 19:11
Well, i would love to compete in a 24h race, but i'm not sure will my parents let me to do it:D
And the second thing, i don't have a team, someone got free slot in his team and want me to fill it in the race? I'm not very pro but i think i'm fast enough to compete, the car doesn't matter, i like them all but XRR or FXR would be nice...

srdsprinter
12th April 2007, 19:42
I did the 4 hour N-ring race of GT4 (:x ) although i dont THINK i took any breaks. I believe that was the longest solo I've done. Driving the N-ring was such a pleasure (using a M3 GTR road car) really made the time no biggie.

Not that that has anything to do with LFS.

I might float the idea at LOTF to see if we might get a team up. Doubtful, but who knows. :shrug:

Anyway, this really seems like a well put together awesome event!

About the solo hopefulls: If they aren't young, fit, or have a really comfortable seating arangement, I wouldn't think about it. People have done it in real life, but it isn't the easiest thing to do. Lots of water, fruit, and frequent breaks and it should be doable.

I've logged some monster cram sessions in college with the aid of medicine. Not something I'm proud of, but legitamate ADD + 36 hours of straight study/exam/study/exam. Engineering isn't the easiest major. I actually dislike taking it, but I'm perscribed the same stuff they give air force pilots when they have the day-long missions. NOT something I would think about using for gaming :really:

Asking WoW players might be a good consultant, as I'm sure people have logged monster sessions on that before.

The only person I've heard of dying from video games, was recently an overweight Chinese teenager, who spent the better part of a week straight playing WoW. I believe this was on DailyTech, about 3 months ago. There were questions about his prior health condition, as well as his nurishment through the weeks.

Sorry for the dark stuff, but I really just hope everyone is carefull enough to listen to what their body tells them.

Good Luck!

EDIT - My real dream is the day when the internet/code/games are good enough to put everyone, all 77 teams on a sever together. Yes, lots of issues, but I can dream!

xpjames
12th April 2007, 19:46
"FREE FOR ALL" - makes it sound like it will be a big crash up!

Well I couldn't race for 24 hours! Not even 2.4 - so have fun!

Locovich
12th April 2007, 22:45
Is there a team limit? i mean... thereīs a lot of teams yet applied and i donīt want to miss this great event... iīm just waiting the last driver confirmation to send the sign up and i donīt want to miss the place...:scratchch

dawesdust_12
12th April 2007, 23:17
because i can deffinitely falls under self satisfaction. I'd also like to see how i stand up to solo endurance before trying to tackle something far more dangerous in a real car.

If i cant make it 24 hours in LFS on a close circuit track, how the hell can i expect to last 32 hours in the desert of Baja California?

Think of it as a dry run. As for the competition.... I'm competing with the other solo runner.

Dustin, i suggest you stick to the break strategy too. get up and move around. stretching is good for keeping your mind sharp too.

Because I can is a really large part of it, another part of it too is because I can't stand the car that the rest of the UKCTers are driving, and I'd much rather drive something I enjoy, rather than a car that I'm working against rather than with. It also will give me some sort of self satisfaction that I set a goal for something, and using some classic Canadian ingenuity, obtained that goal without having to go thru the better parts of 4 overtimes.

Also, I'm quite in shape and my age attributes a great deal of advantage to my attempt also, being 15, and physically active a majority of my spare time too. Luckily I have this lovely comfy chair, I plan on getting a nice large store of food and water down in m room also, and my G25, my iMac and myself will go the whole 24 hours (and if my iMac dies, this is why I have my normal PC also :))

flinty72
13th April 2007, 07:16
Hey Admins,
Was wondering if you would accept entries from the Southern Hemisphere for this event, given it is promoted as a world wide event.
The team I am trying to put together is located in Australia and two things may make it difficult, but I still would like to try.

1. Time differences may make it difficult but still possible so is the start time set (GMT)?

2. If you accept our entry then the next question is how would you deal with lag if it became excessive due to the distance involved?

DEVIL 007
13th April 2007, 11:25
Hi Orion:)

I would be still hard thinking about allowing Dastin as a "single member team".I am not happy this 1 man entry idea is supported due to several deaths happend across the world already.I am not saying this should happend "knock,knock" but I dont wanna LFS would have this bad publicity in case something went really wrong.

I think we should be really more serious about this "issue". I know its his own decision but sometimes people make them wrong and realize it late.

I dont want him to be not allowed but I think the best idea would be proactive in some way and find him at least some drivers who would be happy to enter "his".I am sure there are more 1 man drivers around who would like to join this 24h race so put them somehow together would make them all happy and not causing any potential troubles ;)

LFS forum and players have been for ages one of the best gaming comunity around with very good ideas,manners so we should be really serious about these things.

Best Regards,
DEVIL 007 - ZT member

duke_toaster
13th April 2007, 11:40
I did the 4 hour N-ring race of GT4 (:x ) although i dont THINK i took any breaks. I believe that was the longest solo I've done. Driving the N-ring was such a pleasure (using a M3 GTR road car) really made the time no biggie.

I personally B-spec the long races in GT4.

srdsprinter
13th April 2007, 11:55
I personally B-spec the long races in GT4.

Yea, after that I just b-spec'd the ones longer than that. Haven't played in like a year, stuck at 99.9% with just the last driving mission left (5 seconds harder in the us version). Got within .5 seconds, but just didn't have the skill/will to beat it. LFS is so much better anyway.

Which brings me to my two main disappointments with GT4, no online, and number of competitors. The 24h of N-ring is an awesome event, with HUNDREDS of Cars enterered. I heard the leaders make over 40 passes per lap for 24 hours! Intense? But GT4 wanted you to go against what, 5 other ai... lame.

Anyway:
This event is Great! Not sure if I'll be competing, but love the enthusiasm/turnout for it. Like I said though, untill the internet/games can be improved to handle the entire field on the same server, it will always be a little dissappointing to me. (Why can't we have more AI?) But good luck to all involved!

St4Lk3R
13th April 2007, 12:19
Anyway:
This event is Great! Not sure if I'll be competing, but love the enthusiasm/turnout for it. Like I said though, untill the internet/games can be improved to handle the entire field on the same server, it will always be a little dissappointing to me. (Why can't we have more AI?) But good luck to all involved!

Are you kidding?? Ever imagined 78 Cars on a track like kyoto 3 reversed? on the nordschleife or le mans, ok, but on kyoto 3 reversed?

srdsprinter
13th April 2007, 12:30
Are you kidding?? Ever imagined 78 Cars on a track like kyoto 3 reversed? on the nordschleife or le mans, ok, but on kyoto 3 reversed?

Like I said, its all about realism and challenge to me. If they REALLY race with HUNDREDS of cars on the nordschleife, I want to do it online. If people treat it with the same respect as IRL, it would be simply amazing.

In other news, is the team driver limit still 4?
I am working on getting a team together, but they were wondering if 5-6 is still off-limits.

St4Lk3R
13th April 2007, 12:41
Like I said, its all about realism and challenge to me. If they REALLY race with HUNDREDS of cars on the nordschleife, I want to do it online. If people treat it with the same respect as IRL, it would be simply amazing.

In other news, is the team driver limit still 4?
I am working on getting a team together, but they were wondering if 5-6 is still off-limits.
it is, in fact. and the discussions on the german forums about this topic ended about a week ago. As far as I know, four is and will be the team driver limit.

srdsprinter
13th April 2007, 12:56
it is, in fact. and the discussions on the german forums about this topic ended about a week ago. As far as I know, four is and will be the team driver limit.

Cool, thank you for that. I will pass that along. :) I haven't been involved in any discussions except for a few days here. :(

ORION
13th April 2007, 14:06
@xpjames: there will be a quali 107% limit. But thats already 9 seconds (in the FZR), and every noob can drive within 9 seconds of the WR :P Also, there will be admins around, and if a team or driver doesnt seem to obey the blue flag rules (or rather, let the faster cars pass, because the flags dont work if someone had a disconnect), there will be penalties.

@Locovich: no team limit atm - you can also edit a team after signing up

@flinty72: 1. start time will be about 14:00 or 15:00 UTC (see the lfsworld userbar for the time)
2. If you lag so much that you are a danger on the track, you might be disqualified... but maybe we can alos put you onto another server for that... we'll see! Mabe we could even host a special server for Australian teams, if you can find someone who can provide such a server.

@devil: yea I know about the risks, but Im not the main admin (Chrinaeg is), and he decided that Husky is allowed to drive alone, so we cant say others are not allowed. People who drive alone do so at their own risk... I mean, if we don't allow this in our race, I'm pretty sure they will set up their own challenge anyway.

@srdsprinter: There will be some nice prices from 4Players, but only teams with 3 or 4 drivers can win. With 1,2,5 or 6 drivers you are allowed to race, but you wont win anything. ATM we are not sure if we should make 2 seperate rankings aswell...
so its highly recommended that you make teams with 3 or 4 racers... just dont make things too compicated. :P

srdsprinter
13th April 2007, 14:53
Thanks for the update. If we have 4 dedicated members, we will definately try and go that route.

I assume you meant 'prizes'. I'm not sure we will be in contention for those, but look to have fun anyway!

duke_toaster
13th April 2007, 15:09
@xpjames: there will be a quali 107% limit. But thats already 9 seconds (in the FZR), and every noob can drive within 9 seconds of the WR :P Also, there will be admins around, and if a team or driver doesnt seem to obey the blue flag rules (or rather, let the faster cars pass, because the flags dont work if someone had a disconnect), there will be penalties.

107& of the CLASS WR limit? You would be hard pushed to get an XFG within 9 seconds of anyone in an FZR, even if you are Bawbag.

ORION
13th April 2007, 15:19
107& of the CLASS WR limit?
yes of course ;)

srdsprinter
13th April 2007, 20:23
It is my pleasure to tell you all that the team of "Land of The Free" will be entering the 24Hours Kyoto Long Reverse!

Team: LOTF 24h
Car #: 528
Car: FZR
Driver Lineup:
MARSH2a
leadtail
pjwon
srdsprinter
(subject to modification)

Good luck to all in what looks at becoming the single largest LFS event ever!
(LARGEST SINGLE SIM RACING EVENT EVER????)

DeadWolfBones
13th April 2007, 22:22
Looking forward to racing you LOTF guys. Hope we end up on the same server. :)

srdsprinter
13th April 2007, 23:03
Looking forward to racing you LOTF guys. Hope we end up on the same server. :)

Likewise!
I really think this is amazing! Anyone have thoughts as to this being the largest LFS event singleday event ever?

Frankmd
14th April 2007, 07:16
@devil: yea I know about the risks, but Im not the main admin (Chrinaeg is), and he decided that Husky is allowed to drive alone, so we cant say others are not allowed. People who drive alone do so at their own risk... I mean, if we don't allow this in our race, I'm pretty sure they will set up their own challenge anyway.

That people set up their own challenge isn't a valid argument. If you apply that reasoning to any rule in the challenge you end up having no rules at all.
Maybe you could ask Chrinaeg why he decided to let Husky (and thus also other people) to drive 24 hours on their own and post it here?

dawesdust_12
14th April 2007, 07:33
Well, even if I did get disallowed entry now for whatever reason, I would re-create the race anyways in my own server.

ORION
14th April 2007, 08:15
Maybe you could ask Chrinaeg why he decided to let Husky (and thus also other people) to drive 24 hours on their own and post it here?

Well, he just said he allowed him to race and thats it... If I could decide, I would only allow 2, 3 and 4 drivers... but anyways.

KeiichiRX7
14th April 2007, 10:22
As i've already said, theres an even longer endurance race i plan on entering IRL. Solo entries are not only allowed but quite common

StableX
14th April 2007, 11:13
Hi Orion:)

I would be still hard thinking about allowing Dastin as a "single member team".I am not happy this 1 man entry idea is supported due to several deaths happend across the world already.I am not saying this should happend "knock,knock" but I dont wanna LFS would have this bad publicity in case something went really wrong.

I think we should be really more serious about this "issue". I know its his own decision but sometimes people make them wrong and realize it late.

totally agree with you..... with nations like China restricting how much time people can play per day and with the competitive side of gaming getting more in the spotlight, its important that these things are not overlooked!!!

I used to do a 6 hour karting endurance race and with that you have to have a minimum number in a team.

StableX
14th April 2007, 11:14
Well, even if I did get disallowed entry now for whatever reason, I would re-create the race anyways in my own server.

give me a chance to get better at LFS and I'll be your wingman :)

milkkis
14th April 2007, 14:48
WEE!
My parents let me race, now i just need a team, don't wanna race alone.
Someone need one more racer? Not very pro but fast enough:D
Car doesn't matter very much but XRR or FXR would be nice FZR is okay too but i don't like it that much...

duke_toaster
15th April 2007, 18:03
As i've already said, theres an even longer endurance race i plan on entering IRL. Solo entries are not only allowed but quite common

What would that be?

KeiichiRX7
15th April 2007, 18:57
Baja 1000. 1000 Miles in the desert, in a class 11 Score Race car (more commonly known as the stock beetle class)

Class 11 isn't an easy class to compete in, as they are constantly challenged by the terrain of the course. It's a test for both the machine nd the driver to come in under the 32 hour time limit. And if you don't come in under the time limit, youre still out in the desert, so you've gotta go SOMEWHERE.

Kalev EST
15th April 2007, 20:06
...There will be some nice prices from 4Players...
Just out of curiousity, what might these prizes be? And will it be only for overall winners or for class winners too? :scratchch

srdsprinter
16th April 2007, 15:08
A couple of quick questions to the organizers.

- When will the cutoff for entries be?
- Will the server assignments try to correspond to actual global locations?
- What will the qualifying format be?

Also, the new patch might (hopefully) be out before the race takes place. Either way, will it be a standing start or rolling?
Thanks,
Stu

ORION
16th April 2007, 18:10
Just out of curiousity, what might these prizes be? And will it be only for overall winners or for class winners too? :scratchch
depends on how many prices we get

A couple of quick questions to the organizers.

- When will the cutoff for entries be?
- Will the server assignments try to correspond to actual global locations?
- What will the qualifying format be?

Also, the new patch might (hopefully) be out before the race takes place. Either way, will it be a standing start or rolling?
Thanks,
Stu
- we will announce that early enough... maybe 2 weeks before the start.
- As I replied to the Autralian guy, we might set up some different servers for people who are not from europe
- iirc, last race there was one hour time to drive a hotlap... at least you will have enough time to drive a fast lap. However, it doesnt matter at all on which position you start :D Same for the start.... remember its 24 hours, 2 seconds more or less it ridiculous :scratchch

srdsprinter
16th April 2007, 18:27
Man, it will be Interesting to see if the incompatable patch comes out before the race?!!?

The GTR will be equalized in the next patch, by changes in weight and possibly power. Will the FZR's dominance be ended? Do you want to know More?

DeadWolfBones
16th April 2007, 19:28
I really hope it does.

28 cars + a lot more spectators = awesome for enduro racing.

srdsprinter
16th April 2007, 20:47
I really hope it does.

28 cars + a lot more spectators = awesome for enduro racing.

Word

I hope they don't add too much weight to the fzr, I'd rather the others get a little lighter than slowing down the fzr.

William Wakeford
16th April 2007, 22:46
Heya,

how many servers you have got? Cuz on your pages there is that only 60 teams will be allowed to join the race :( and now there are 82 teams signed up!

Leifde
16th April 2007, 23:25
They will have enough servers because I'm sure a few people on this forum wouldn't mind donating theirs for the day(s). I certainly wouldn't :)

DeadWolfBones
1st May 2007, 14:13
Less than a month to go, y'all.

srdsprinter
1st May 2007, 15:12
Indeed. It is getting exciting now. Our team's never done anything of this scale, but is looking forwards to the challenge to have fun!

anttt69
1st May 2007, 17:29
24Hours!, you guys are CrAzY :pillepall

DeadWolfBones
1st May 2007, 17:30
Have the hosts considered the effect of the patch X release on the event?

If X is released before the race (as Scawen's comments seem to indicate it will be), will it be used?

srdsprinter
1st May 2007, 18:11
it would have to be used, as its uncompatible. Hopefully some (most) of the servers hosting the race will be upgraded to the larger capacity.

Not sure about turning reset off for the race, one mistake and you're on ur roof for the race.

DeadWolfBones
1st May 2007, 18:43
it would have to be used, as its uncompatible. Hopefully some (most) of the servers hosting the race will be upgraded to the larger capacity.

Not sure about turning reset off for the race, one mistake and you're on ur roof for the race.

They could allow telepitting at the cost of a lap.

KeiichiRX7
2nd May 2007, 10:25
After examining my work schedule and doing some figuring, i don't think i'm going to be able to do this race. If i had a full week to actually practice, and get acclimated to the long run again, i might actually give the other solo drivers a run for thier money in the gti class.

i will however have to withdraw my entry intot he KY3R 24hr

keithano
3rd May 2007, 13:03
Scawen announced that the Patch X is likely to be released on 18th May.
Therefore, is that the qualification event that is going to take place one week earlier using the latest patch? I suppose that we're not gonna using the test patch, so maybe patch W for qualification and X for main event?

srdsprinter
3rd May 2007, 16:13
It will be quite exciting if most of the host servers will have upgraded capacity. 30+ drivers in multiple classes would make for an exciting 24 hrs...

keithano
3rd May 2007, 16:17
It will be quite exciting if most of the host servers will have upgraded capacity. 30+ drivers in multiple classes would make for an exciting 24 hrs...

Well.. I am kind of worrying about the bandwidth if the servers are upgraded. All 5 servers are from the same datacentre, and it's never tested to have all 5 full server with 30+ drivers driving 24 hrs...

srdsprinter
3rd May 2007, 16:34
Sorry to hear that. I was assuming I guess, but thinking the servers would be more centrally located to the teams in the area...

Has said datacenter done any testing with the latest series of test patches?

keithano
3rd May 2007, 16:50
Sorry to hear that. I was assuming I guess, but thinking the servers would be more centrally located to the teams in the area...

Has said datacenter done any testing with the latest series of test patches?

Don't know thro, I am not the admin of the race or server, but I suppose not. As it's kinda hard to find so many racers to fill all 5 servers for a test.

Locovich
3rd May 2007, 16:59
Scawen announced that the Patch X is likely to be released on 18th May.
Therefore, is that the qualification event that is going to take place one week earlier using the latest patch? I suppose that we're not gonna using the test patch, so maybe patch W for qualification and X for main event?

Thatīs the million dollars question.... It would be good to know if we continue training with 100kg (FZR) or not. No matter what ballast is going to have (another million dollars question:scratchch) but is great to know which patch are we using to use...:)

Thanks...

joshdifabio
3rd May 2007, 17:09
Well.. I am kind of worrying about the bandwidth if the servers are upgraded. All 5 servers are from the same datacentre, and it's never tested to have all 5 full server with 30+ drivers driving 24 hrs...

Well, if the servers are upgraded to 30 drivers per server, there will only be two or three running simultaneously given the number of teams signed-up. You've also gotta take into account the number of teams which won't actually follow through with their registration.

keithano
3rd May 2007, 17:18
Well, if the servers are upgraded to 30 drivers per server, there will only be two or three running simultaneously given the number of teams signed-up. You've also gotta take into account the number of teams which won't actually follow through with their registration.

O yea, I forget that the increase in capacity can make use of less servers.
Anyway, is spdo going to participate too? ^^

joshdifabio
4th May 2007, 20:37
O yea, I forget that the increase in capacity can make use of less servers.
Anyway, is spdo going to participate too? ^^

Yeah, we should be driving an FZR :).

banshee56
4th May 2007, 20:46
Thatīs the million dollars question.... It would be good to know if we continue training with 100kg (FZR) or not. No matter what ballast is going to have (another million dollars question:scratchch) but is great to know which patch are we using to use...:)

Thanks...

That's a really good question...especially if the class balancing in Patch X doesn't involve ballasts. At what point do the admins of this race start talking about delay of the race for organizational concerns relative to the patch release?

srdsprinter
5th May 2007, 14:50
Bah, racing should have surprises, ups and downs, Chance, danger, risk, unexpected changes.

Smoke em if you got em, its going to be the same for everybody out there.

dawesdust_12
5th May 2007, 18:09
Joy... my G25 crapped out last night :S, so I need to get an RMA before the race, and if I can't, I'm going to haffto drop out :(

srdsprinter
6th May 2007, 15:38
:(

sorry 2 hear that

what broke?

Biohazard
6th May 2007, 17:31
mouse driving itself is not hard.
doing it for more than 1 hour is, though. :D

ChiliFan
6th May 2007, 18:29
Is anyone making a movie of this event? It sounds great.

neilmichaelcasey
7th May 2007, 12:39
...no, im not! but I would like to see the edited higlohts into about 60mins or something. Also can we spectate for a while or not?

Good luck everyone, hope you have fun & a great race. Peace :)

dawesdust_12
7th May 2007, 20:22
well, G25 in 7-10 days :)

SchneeFee
8th May 2007, 09:19
start time will be about 14:00 or 15:00 UTCwhen will this be fixed?

joshdifabio
8th May 2007, 09:47
when will this be fixed?

I'd like to know this too. Infact, it'd be cool if all the important questions in this thread were answered by someone in the know ;).

DeadWolfBones
8th May 2007, 12:57
Yes indeed.

DeadWolfBones
8th May 2007, 16:18
Also, when is the qualification event? Weekend after next?

BenjiMC
8th May 2007, 17:18
Also, when is the qualification event? Weekend after next?

I believe it is, i was told one week before the event

Biohazard
8th May 2007, 17:19
why are gt + gti not allowed on the practice servers btw.?

ORION
8th May 2007, 19:08
They should be allowed though... I forwared the info, and I hope its fixed soon :)

Qualification Start - Important Information (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=24089)

Biohazard
8th May 2007, 19:14
thank you :)

DeadWolfBones
8th May 2007, 19:32
:thumb:

ORION
8th May 2007, 19:35
yw :)

Deadline for the team signup:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=24090

DeadWolfBones
8th May 2007, 20:57
Do you guys know yet which version of LFS we'll be running? That's kind of vital info.

BenjiMC
8th May 2007, 21:17
Do you guys know yet which version of LFS we'll be running? That's kind of vital info.

I sent him a PM with this, ORION said W0 for Qually and his not sure about the race, depends on Scawan, but i'd guess at X

N I K I
11th May 2007, 16:12
Is there going to be broadcast of race?

joshdifabio
11th May 2007, 23:07
What kind of quali times have been managed with the FZR? We think atm it seems to be 1-2 seconds down on the other GTRs which is pretty unmanageable.

E-Z.BasTi
12th May 2007, 22:29
I made a list of the first 4 sessions of qualy.

http://www.franknaggies.com/zt/BasTi/24h_Qualy.jpg

The FZR ist 0.46sec behind.

DeadWolfBones
12th May 2007, 23:45
Poor Biohazard needs some company.

zeugnimod
12th May 2007, 23:58
Really strange to see Bio in last position. :D

DeadWolfBones
13th May 2007, 00:52
How about I intake-restrict my XFR and race with him?

dawesdust_12
13th May 2007, 00:57
Well, I'm in that car too, but I'm too slow so he will be all alone.

DeadWolfBones
13th May 2007, 01:00
You qualifying tomorrow?

dawesdust_12
13th May 2007, 08:16
Sadly I can't, I have no G25, I have though talked with ORION about other times I can qualify.

ORION
13th May 2007, 14:01
oh cmon it should be possible to drive a time within 107% anyhow :/
I cant give you a time so you are qualified, its against the rules and would be unfair towards those racers that are not fast enough for 107%
You ARE fast enough, just get a damn wheel somewhere! :D

DeadWolfBones
13th May 2007, 14:38
Mouse it if you have to. It's just the GTi, fer chrissakes.

dawesdust_12
13th May 2007, 22:04
its not the GTi, its the XRG, and I can't keep it on the road with a mouse, I tryed momoing earlier but It's impossible to use, hopefully there will be another time this next weekend. I'll have a G25 sometime from tomorrow til friday, and looking at the WR lap, I can gain more time on my current PB (which IS within the 107%).

DeadWolfBones
13th May 2007, 22:37
Might be too late. As far as I know, qualifying is now over.

ORION
15th May 2007, 05:21
No there will be another session for thos who didnt qualify yet :)
Or rather, 2 sessions, as we did before.
Friday or Saturday I guess. (I gotta wait for the other admins to tell me when :D)

ATM we wont be using W24 though (or you shouldnt use it), because its not stable.

dawesdust_12
15th May 2007, 15:05
Eeek, I'm going to haffto see what time I have lacrosse and see which quali session I should take. I might haffto skip the last half of friday (school) for Qualifying.

srdsprinter
20th May 2007, 12:21
Final statement.

We chose our cars knowing that there is a community-wide operation going on to find a fair balance between the GTR class.

The 0/50/100 was what was being tested at the time. Tested, not finalized, not proven to be fair.

After much testing, largely in thanks to your event, the community has found that 0/50/100 is not fair.

0/40/80 is currently what is being tested to determine what will balance the GTR's and make a fair race.

By not accepting the new balance weights, you are holding back the development of the LFS, and you are making the race unfair.

It is not hard to understand this, you have a week to do the right thing.

Vykos69
20th May 2007, 12:34
bullshit. No one has really proven that it's unfair. The speed of FZR compared to FXR and XRR was IMHO more balanced with 0/50/100. The qualifying was done this way, so lets keep it. IMHO most of the FZR teams just dont match the speed of the XRR guys (drivers wise).

ORION
20th May 2007, 12:47
Yes, Vykos is absolutely right (though Teemu is fast as hell), and the rules will not be changed. The race will be driven with 0/50/100.

N I K I
20th May 2007, 13:11
ok then, this discussion has to END UP!!!!!!!! :really:

admins, please don't answer on this balancing any more :thumb:

joshdifabio
20th May 2007, 13:47
bullshit. No one has really proven that it's unfair. The speed of FZR compared to FXR and XRR was IMHO more balanced with 0/50/100. The qualifying was done this way, so lets keep it. IMHO most of the FZR teams just dont match the speed of the XRR guys (drivers wise).

This still is untrue in my opinion. Teemu has always outqualified N1lyn before (although I'm not saying he is better, just incredible over 1 lap) and after a lot of practicing for this event there is no way that he would be 4th, 0.5 seconds off the lead if the cars were even over 1 lap IMO. Also, the FZR should be faster over 1 lap as it has to carry so much more fuel than the XRR to complete the same number of laps. I do however think that with 0/50/100 the XRR is just as good as the FXR and that 0/40/80 is unfair on the FXR. I have accepted the admin decision now anyway, and we will hope for some fortune in the event to have a chance to fight for the win.

Yes, Vykos is absolutely right (though Teemu is fast as hell), and the rules will not be changed. The race will be driven with 0/50/100.

DeadWolfBones
20th May 2007, 14:45
For the record, Orion, I have never thought that [ZT] was doing this to ensure a victory for their own team. I don't have that low of an opinion of you guys--in fact, I really admire the work you've put into this event even if I feel it could have been more professionally handled at times.

I understand your rationale, but my gut reaction was that fairer balancing means more fun for everyone, so there's no reason not to use it. However, some guys I trust to make informed decisions have weighed in saying that the balancing chosen won't affect the result that much. Fair enough. I accept your decision. However, if you put on such an event in the future, you might want to reconsider the way you interact with the public. :tilt:

See you on the track!

joshdifabio
20th May 2007, 15:12
However, some guys I trust to make informed decisions have weighed in saying that the balancing chosen won't affect the result that much. Fair enough.

While I have accepted the decision now, and the fact that there is no chance it will change, this isn't true. 80kg is worth 0.4-0.5 secs per lap for the FZR over 100kg, which is a big difference over such a long race.

dawesdust_12
20th May 2007, 19:13
I haven't even been told if I'm permitted to race still, and if I'm not, my class will be ****ed for the race.

ORION
20th May 2007, 19:19
If your name is on the following list, then your allowed to start:
http://www.franknaggies.com/zt/BasTi/Serveraufteilung_24h.jpg

This means, that the rule 3 cars minimum per class doesnt exist anmore. Im going to post the updated rules tomorrow, containing answers to most questions about the race (flying start, flag rules, layout/cutting, etc.)

joshdifabio
20th May 2007, 19:57
If your name is on the following list, then your allowed to start:
http://www.franknaggies.com/zt/BasTi/Serveraufteilung_24h.jpg

This means, that the rule 3 cars minimum per class doesnt exist anmore. Im going to post the updated rules tomorrow, containing answers to most questions about the race (flying start, flag rules, layout/cutting, etc.)

Aww, go on, let Dustin start :).

dawesdust_12
20th May 2007, 21:22
****ing Great. :(

I think you guys dropped the ball with this one.

Biohazard
20th May 2007, 21:25
my team has already signed off.

2 cars in that slow class is like - crap.

DeadWolfBones
20th May 2007, 21:49
:[

srdsprinter
20th May 2007, 22:30
:[
+1

BranislavS
20th May 2007, 23:21
I agree with biohozard ,,hmm only one car in the class

hmm orion What now? can we change car? or what you recommend.

ORION
21st May 2007, 09:25
Im sorry but I cant change the rules for individuals. We already put 2 extra quali sessions just for Dustin and 2 others. If he doesnt manage to show up there, I cant go any further. It would be lame to allow him to race, while others have to fight for the 107%.
I know its hard because most of you know me for a very long time, but I cant make a difference between anyone. Same rules for all.

Since Bio has already signed off as he says, its up to you, Branislay, if you want to drive or not. All I can say is - do what you want to do, and not what the others tell you.

DeadWolfBones
21st May 2007, 13:08
I agree with Orion on this one. Dustin had many chances and fate seemed to conspire against him. Next time, I guess, or he can team up with one of the existing entrants.

joshdifabio
21st May 2007, 13:18
...or he can team up with one of the existing entrants.

Yes, why don't you do that :).