PDA

View Full Version : LFS CARSOUND ReMixer

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

abayly
16th February 2007, 00:18
Hi, I have just installed latest version of CSR together with LFS2.05V demo. I really like the sound improvements but when I press the brake pedal I hear a loud "CLICK" sound, it's just one "CLICK" then the CSR brakesound play as it should. It is similar when I accellerate, but the "CLICK" sound comes when the throttle pedal is almost at full throttle.

Is this normal, or does anybody have idéas how to get rid of the click sounds?

I get exactly the same thing. Have tried all the above suggestions but still no good.
Are you using a g25 wheel? I think these noises started when I started using this wheel.

nauwa
16th February 2007, 07:15
Yes, I'm using a G25 wheel, but I solved the problem by updating the Soundblaster X-FI drivers together with an update for the mediacenter sound drivers. Didn't make a change to update the X-FI drivers alone, but when I also updated the mediacenter drivers, it works without the anoying click sounds

abayly
17th February 2007, 03:05
Thanx nauwa, did as you said (I also have a x-fi) and its now a lot better. I still occasionally get a click however, but I can live with that.

Benedict101
20th March 2007, 21:47
Lovely noises indeed - but one question

Is is possible to also have them working in "TV-Camera" view, as it is unrealistic when I can hear an 'in-car' sound while seeing my car racing past

Other than that good work though

Regards

JasonJ
20th March 2007, 23:47
Lovely noises indeed - but one question

Is is possible to also have them working in "TV-Camera" view, as it is unrealistic when I can hear an 'in-car' sound while seeing my car racing past

Other than that good work though

Regards
Unfortunately no. Not in its current release. CSR would require rebuilding, and would only work if outGuage allows "car distance from TV camera" monitoring. I dont know if that is even possible. CSR only works well from views that are fixed to the car, ie: in-car, custom cam, chase, helicopter, (Shift-U, follow car).

In other words : No doppler effects in CSR so TV views kinda sound retarded.

FBUT Bishop
18th June 2007, 20:21
Does exist a version compatible with patch X?

Not Sure
18th June 2007, 20:27
yeah bump

mongoosetierney
7th July 2007, 16:46
yes CSR works perfectly fine with patch X and the "new patch X" aka X9

whiel im here does anyone have any links to other BOV sounds to use for CSR??

imthebestracerthereis
7th July 2007, 16:49
Why use CSR when you can edit your car sound directly in-game (Shift A) :shy:

JasonJ
9th July 2007, 02:38
Why use CSR when you can edit your car sound directly in-game (Shift A) :shy:
You cant edit UBER BACKFIRE or BRAKE SQUEAL or INDICATORS CLICKER or FUEL WARNING SOUNDS or other coolness features in shift-A mode. So CSR works as a nice flavour enhancer.

It's like having coloured sugar sprinkles on your cake and having it to.:smileypul

BruTaLysT
10th July 2007, 15:39
Indeed, even if u don't like the engine sounds CSR makes, u can also disable them and keep the rest of the sounds enabled. CSR really does make the game sound insanely good when using the right sounds. Im quite used to sound editing so i made all my own personal high quality sounds and that is such a cool thing to spend lots of time on using sound editors. Just to make that sample sound right. Well... or i just like fiddling around a lot with all these aspects of a game. Sound and Graphics is what i really like about games, especially when they are editable. I should find a job in that direction anyway :D

PS. i don't use the engine sound either because i really like de detailed sound from LFS itself (i drive the FOX mainly). But instead i changed the engine sound of CSR to something else that more resembles a faint hum with high pitched grain used as an extend of the default LFS sound instead of using heavy roary carsounds as an overlay which blocks all the detailed information i need.

To some CSR is somthing they download, check it out with whatever sounds are included and judge it by that. To some CSR is seen as something with a lot of potential and with lots of sliders and posibilities that make them smile even before they hear sound. I could easily spend a whole day on finetuning a carsound.

IMHO, CSR should be integrated into LFS

PioneerLv
19th July 2007, 17:06
Can i change a XRT sound?

Nathan_French_14
19th July 2007, 19:33
you can change the sounds of any car in the game.

estorilteck
22nd July 2007, 09:32
can you make this work with vista? it doesnt work at all :(

Travis Rowe01
14th September 2007, 00:04
Ok i open CSR and i make my changes but nothing happens in the game :shrug:can any one help me?

MAGGOT
14th September 2007, 00:25
InSim was re-worked for patch X, I'm willing to bet CSR has not been (yet, if it ever will be). If you're running patch X it will not work.

[edit] ER.. wait... CSR uses outguage doesnt it? Damn... Now I look the fool...

PLAYAPIMP
14th September 2007, 00:33
csr or w/e runs separate from lfs its like lapper so yeah you look like a fool :D

imthebestracerthereis
14th September 2007, 02:18
Use "Shift-A", its a lot easier. :D

-Dustin

PLAYAPIMP
14th September 2007, 02:35
but CRS makes sexier sounds :D

hiroshima guy
14th September 2007, 10:36
CRS?*Isn't it CSR?* Sexier sound? Hmm don't work for me so no sexy sounds:D

PioneerLv
14th September 2007, 10:41
Why no update thought long time?
I can't use CSR in X10 version? :(

Jakg
14th September 2007, 11:26
csr or w/e runs separate from lfs its like lapper so yeah you look like a fool :DActually, you look like the fool as something can run as a seperate exe and still hook in via InSim, which would not work with Patch X.

(Although CSR uses OutGauge exclusively afaik)

hiroshima guy
14th September 2007, 15:17
Don't double-post you'd get flamed.

JasonJ
17th September 2007, 01:09
Ok i open CSR and i make my changes but nothing happens in the game :shrug:can any one help me?
Read Deggis's Car Sound Remixer download & installation guide (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=311949#post311949), as it is most excellent.

CSR still works fine in Patch X (All outguage). Sweet backfires. :tilt:

epp_b
28th September 2007, 01:34
This is fantastic addon! It's amazing how much more fun it makes playing LFS!

Just a couple of suggestions/requests: would it be possible to include sound effects for tire squeal/screech and collisions?

JasonJ
28th September 2007, 06:50
I havent heard anything about "yamakawa" updating CSR with new features. But... no need to make CSR do that, you can either edit/make the skid/collision .wav's yourself or use ones made by other people.

There's DaveWS' tyre squeals. These are great and I recommend a look/listen at least: S2V Skid Soundpack V2 (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=346964#post346964)

There are louder collision sounds about these forums for download. I just dont have a link.:)

deggis
7th October 2007, 14:16
PS. i don't use the engine sound either because i really like de detailed sound from LFS itself (i drive the FOX mainly). But instead i changed the engine sound of CSR to something else that more resembles a faint hum with high pitched grain used as an extend of the default LFS sound instead of using heavy roary carsounds as an overlay which blocks all the detailed information i need.
Care to share this experiment? :)

madden14
9th October 2007, 22:29
when i click edit on csr it says runtime error '339' component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

i have now got the MSCOMCTL.OCX file but now i dont have a clue where to put it can anyone help please??????

JasonJ
10th October 2007, 01:19
when i click edit on csr it says runtime error '339' component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

i have now got the MSCOMCTL.OCX file but now i dont have a clue where to put it can anyone help please??????

@madden14 :
Read this guide first..http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=311949#post311949
It gives me a runtime error

You need to install Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Run-time files (here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7B9BA261-7A9C-43E7-9117-F673077FFB3C&displaylang=en)). If it doesn't help and you get an error related to .OCX files, install these files (http://www.k5.dion.ne.jp/~yama-p/missing_ocx_files.zip) (read the readme).

@deggis... the imbedded pictures dont seem to be loading anymore for me in your cool CSR guide.

Ted Hung
10th October 2007, 07:32
ok this is VERY FRUSTRATING!!! i installed CSR again just to get backfires and everything works except for backfires!!! i can't hear any backfires when everything was set up normally. so i thought maybe it's being drowned out by other noises. so i turn down the lfs default volume til it's barely audible and then i turned every sound in CSR off leaving backfire on. but i still hear no backfire!!!

hope someone knows whats going on, thanks

JasonJ
10th October 2007, 10:51
Hope you downloaded some car sound packs to use your CSR, you only get two cars with the standard version od CSR program. I think FZR and BF1.

After you made sure you have all cars with sounds.........on to backfires.....
Check in this folder (or corresponding car that you are testing)
XRT for example - Does "csr\User Files\XRT" contain these files :

XRT_backfire1.wav
XRT_backfire2.wav

Then look here... (From the EDIT button)

Click the TEST buttons shown to see if you actually have a backfire sounds located for the car you're using. Check the volume isn't too low. -2000 is very quiet, 0 is loud. Timing doesnt matter too much. And remmber it doesn't backfire every gear change. Just when you do extreme changes in RPM.

Ted Hung
11th October 2007, 14:51
ahh i see. thanks for the comprehensive reply. i just had a very thorough go again on a faster track after your instructions. and this time i do hear the backfire. the randomness of it's occurrence seems odd. it happens more often on the upshift and usually only if you shift fast. i was expecting more of a lift-off backfire, where you hear a bang everytime you lift at WOT.

JasonJ
12th October 2007, 03:02
Yes, it doesn't happen alot, but if you have it turned up a long way, and your sound is high, it's a realy good scare when your racing. :)

I think the "timing", located in the same screen, effects how often the back-fires occur. But I haven't been able to prove this.. :schwitz:

deggis
12th October 2007, 19:41
@deggis... the imbedded pictures dont seem to be loading anymore for me in your cool CSR guide.
Fixed, I learned that one shouldn't hotlink 1 MB .gif images (montly bandwidth limit got 2x exceeded so the links didn't work :D)

PioneerLv
13th October 2007, 20:30
Here would be good any Tutorial how to make car engine sound samples:
on_very_low off_very_low on_low off_low etc... :shrug:

Whit which programm and how to make clearly looping wav sounds to use it in game!

Kris-Is-Awesome
17th October 2007, 05:11
I wish this worked with LFS relax... :[

deggis
17th October 2007, 15:44
Here would be good any Tutorial how to make car engine sound samples:
on_very_low off_very_low on_low off_low etc... :shrug:

Whit which programm and how to make clearly looping wav sounds to use it in game!
Google for some general basic audio editing tutorials... same thing applies to this. There's not much point writing this kind of tutorial.

The basic method is that you take some onboard video or audio recording, open the audio stream in the audio editor and then take the low-medium-high rpm samples from it and save them as separate samples and then "export" them to the Car Sound Remixer editor. Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) and Goldwave (http://www.goldwave.com) are good and free audio editors.

deggis
17th October 2007, 15:49
I wish this worked with LFS relax... :[
I don't use LFSrelax, is there specifical reason why it doesn't work with other outgauge apps?

Have you tried this?
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=241138#post241138
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=241707#post241707

mrodgers
17th October 2007, 16:32
They should be able to work together just fine using the outgage gateway program. The problem I have with LFSRelax is, I can't get it to work with other insim programs, such as MOMOLEDS.

ramdonice
28th October 2007, 23:32
it does work with CSR

made a shortcut of lfs.exe put in the command line /insim=29999

set the outgauge as enabled in LFSRelax

start CSR
start lfs via the shortcut
then start LFSRelax
and job done

Alexthe1
2nd January 2008, 13:40
I need help, this is the problem

its like this, when i have lfs up and csr in the background ithe scr sond is like laggy and a bit after. but when you have lfs in the background and csr up the sound is perfect

JasonJ
10th January 2008, 02:26
Late post.....
@Alexthe1 - It's in the CSR guide..... (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=311949#post311949)
Common problems

Sound lags

Change CSR.exe priority to "AboveNormal" in the Windows task manager.

Achmedd
11th January 2008, 10:51
Hi

I get 2 erros:
Run time error "53"
File not found: VbDSnd2

And

File not found: VbDSnd2

I have downloaded and installed the microsoft runtime files.....:really:

yamakawa
11th January 2008, 11:05
Attach here:)

Thank you follow, deggis and JasonJ:thumb:

The copyright of 'VbDSnd2' is in Toru Kawada.

Achmedd
11th January 2008, 17:49
Attach here:)

Thank you follow, deggis and JasonJ:thumb:

The copyright of 'VbDSnd2' is in Toru Kawada.

_AniMuS__
22nd January 2008, 22:10
wot to do if when u open CSR.exe it says that its not a valid win32 application?

EDIT: nvm i redownloaded the files and its ok now. tks neways

kamilek12
25th February 2008, 02:06
were can i find the cfg.txt file

kamilek12
25th February 2008, 22:05
thank you sooo much these cars sound sooooo nice and soooo life like i love the breaks and the backfires the most. i alos like how u made a fuel warning:)thank u agian-kamilek12

KitsuFox
29th February 2008, 22:55
Fact: CSR hasn't been updated to recognize the FBM. So it will play the sounds of the previous vehicle that was in use.

PioneerLv
1st March 2008, 16:26
Does CSR works with patch Y?

DnkyKng
3rd March 2008, 13:26
I can't get it work... When I go to track it says "OutGauge::UDPConnect : connect fail" in upper left corner.

DnkyKng
4th March 2008, 15:05
I can't get it work... When I go to track it says "OutGauge::UDPConnect : connect fail" in upper left corner.

PLZ, anyone? Wanna get this work!!1

JasonJ
5th March 2008, 02:18
Just a guess:

Make sure LFS is closed when your edit you cfg.txt. If you do it when LFS is open it overwrites any changes you make when you exit LFS.

Use this info. if you can't locate the Readme:

CSR INSTALLATION GUIDE

4. Open 'cfg.txt' file located in your LFS main folder and replace the last lines with these and then save it:

OutGauge Mode 2OutGauge Delay 1OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1OutGauge Port 35555OutGauge ID 0

(or else it might be conflicting with any other outguage mods you run, if you use them try not using them to see if it works)

eight8acht
5th March 2008, 10:52
Does CSR works with patch Y?

Yes it works with Patch Y very well!

DnkyKng
5th March 2008, 13:51
Just a guess:

Make sure LFS is closed when your edit you cfg.txt. If you do it when LFS is open it overwrites any changes you make when you exit LFS.

Use this info. if you can't locate the Readme:

(or else it might be conflicting with any other outguage mods you run, if you use them try not using them to see if it works)

I did those, but didn't get it work... BUT I installed LFS again and I got it work!

Juls
6th March 2008, 07:22
This software is not updated anymore. Maybe the author could release the sources to keep it alive?

Compared to other sims, LFS sound is quite bad and CSR is absolutely required.

Zachary Zoomy
8th March 2008, 21:44
CSR does work in patch Y right?

R34king
9th March 2008, 00:09
Yes it does!

i have it running with patch y with xrg Porsche 924 sounds

aroX123
9th March 2008, 11:07
I dont understand, it does not work

PioneerLv
10th March 2008, 11:31
Yes it does!

i have it running with patch y with xrg Porsche 924 sounds

CSR Porcsche 924 sounds or just in-game edited xrg sound?

R34king
11th March 2008, 03:13
CSR Sounds

MrPDR
30th March 2008, 19:07
im going to say it...im just LOST
i want an RB26DETT sound, thats it but im so f******* lost.
someone wanna make it for me?help a brother out

deggis
3rd April 2008, 23:59
Try searching it. I'm pretty sure someone has done one because that's so popular request.

LiveForBoobs
4th April 2008, 00:19
Ive got Patch Y and its working fine.

G!NhO
4th April 2008, 13:44
I LOVE CSR :D lol

Might
12th April 2008, 19:20
This is probably a noob question and it has been answered before, but i couldnt see an answer anywhere so i decided to post.
When i start CSR and edit the sounds, they wont change. Like if i want to change the BOV sound it wont change and stays the same.

EDIT: I fixed it.

Vladimir1992
20th April 2008, 03:14
Who have BMW M3 sound in CSR ? please can send there? thanx :thumb:

MrPDR
21st April 2008, 07:33
NOTHING.
no one made a single rb26 sound.
and i know for a fact someone has too. ive seen vids, everything..
GAH

kiss me
25th April 2008, 15:12
doesn't seem to work with y18,
i've did what the manual said
somehow got it working
mscontcl.ocx or one of its independencies not correctly registered: file missing or invalid
runtime error 339

i get this when i want to edit the sounds :s
what should i do?

JasonJ
27th April 2008, 01:01
Read teh Manual
It gives me a runtime error

You need to install Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Run-time files (here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7B9BA261-7A9C-43E7-9117-F673077FFB3C&displaylang=en)). If it doesn't help and you get an error related to .OCX files, install these files (http://www.k5.dion.ne.jp/~yama-p/missing_ocx_files.zip) (read the readme).

kiss me
27th April 2008, 11:50
doesnt fix jack.
could it have to do with vista 64-bit

JasonJ
28th April 2008, 00:08
Oh dude sorry, I put into my previous post, I dunno if it works in Vista, 'cause I looked at your PC specs, but deleted 2 mins later it 'cause it was off topic. Oh dear.

Someone with Vista 64bit have it running as yet?

Feffe85
2nd May 2008, 01:14
the tire sounds aren't there.. well they are there, but they dont make any sound ingame :/ dunno what it can be tbh..

anybody else with this problem?

JasonJ
2nd May 2008, 02:02
@Feffe85
It's brake sounds in CSR, like the calipers grinding on the drums/disks. Like fingernails on a blackboard. CSR does not do tyre skid sounds.
To make the brakes squeal you need the brakesqueal sound in each car folder. Thats why downloading the full pack of cars is helpful. And make sure the Brakes button is active for each car in the CSR screen. The little down arrow under the bottom orange box needs to be opened down to see that.

I just spent 1 hour helping someone cofigure CSR on their PC via text talk in game. He had a funny clicking sound that would not stop. Found that removing the csr/sounds/_misc/winker.wav file stopped it. Of course he doesn't have Blinkers sound now, but that is no problem for him.

But then other car sounds (USER FILES) wouldn't work in cockpit view. He was in user mode and FZR worked, just the other cars didn't work in cockpit, I never heard of this so gave up.

edit:
It turns out when he first edited the Outguage cfg.txt, he edited OUTSIM values instead. When we realised this, he changed the Outguage and this got CSR working. But he forgot to re-instate the old OUTSIM values so this caused the clicking and the cockpit sounds failure. (Sheesh, lucky he had the idea to re-check that)

runeman
2nd May 2008, 02:38
Thank you for a hour of your time. Possibly 2 hours. But hey I figured it out. I checked alot of things after I read your posts, I was about to reload LFS and CSR.

Thanks.

Feffe85
5th May 2008, 11:08
@Feffe85
It's brake sounds in CSR, like the calipers grinding on the drums/disks. Like fingernails on a blackboard. CSR does not do tyre skid sounds.
To make the brakes squeal you need the brakesqueal sound in each car folder. Thats why downloading the full pack of cars is helpful. And make sure the Brakes button is active for each car in the CSR screen. The little down arrow under the bottom orange box needs to be opened down to see that.

I just spent 1 hour helping someone cofigure CSR on their PC via text talk in game. He had a funny clicking sound that would not stop. Found that removing the csr/sounds/_misc/winker.wav file stopped it. Of course he doesn't have Blinkers sound now, but that is no problem for him.

But then other car sounds (USER FILES) wouldn't work in cockpit view. He was in user mode and FZR worked, just the other cars didn't work in cockpit, I never heard of this so gave up.

edit:
It turns out when he first edited the Outguage cfg.txt, he edited OUTSIM values instead. When we realised this, he changed the Outguage and this got CSR working. But he forgot to re-instate the old OUTSIM values so this caused the clicking and the cockpit sounds failure. (Sheesh, lucky he had the idea to re-check that)

Oh, I'm so sorry! I Read it and thought it said "tire skid".. hmm.. don't ask how i got it to be that :S Well it works then :P

JasonJ
8th May 2008, 15:21
Ye, wow. I turned traction control OFF and the indicators sound stopped working. Must be an OUTGAUGE clash or some random thing. Also fails when TC is ON -AND- the TC enguages.

Mind you I have deleted my TC sound wav cause it made my eardrums hurt. But I don't think this made any difference to the effect of this bug.

Napalm Candy
17th May 2008, 09:36
The very big problem with this program is SAMPLES ARE NOT IN TUNE, and with interface is impossible to tune. And it sound very odd

I think that you would to make your program like a sampler, need options for tune and adjust curves pitch (pitch crossover), and volume crossover bee twin samples.

Sprouts143
17th May 2008, 16:26
Help I get a Runtime error '339'

royk1991
19th May 2008, 20:37
when i run both files then go in fzr i get [run-time error 400 form already displayed cant show modally]

Crady
30th May 2008, 22:21
Hi, all!

So you get skid Sound (and crash - sound, grass etc....)

in Race press shift A to enter the sound Otions. There U pull all mixers of the above block clomplete to the left.

Then save the sound, adjust the volume in LFS to CSR and enjoy!

jonny dank
1st July 2008, 04:27
links not working for me! help......

timmie426
1st July 2008, 16:00
Nope, for me too. Hope this works in Demo, damn, i really should buy a license xD

deggis
1st July 2008, 23:13
links not working for me! help......
Yamakawa's webpage seems to be down, I also used same links in my installation guide (on the 1st page). Mirror of the CSR_031_Full.zip would nice I guess...

jonny dank
2nd July 2008, 08:07
can somebody just copy and send their files? it would be geatly appreciated:)

JasonJ
2nd July 2008, 08:14
Yeh - But it's about 53MB, wont fit here. I'm sure some1 will upload it.... maybe LFS-database again ?

And it needs to be the last version - CSR_031 ALPHA

deggis
3rd July 2008, 10:35
Found with google: http://filer.liveforspeed.se/dump/files/addons/CSR_031_Full.zip

master_lfs.5101
4th July 2008, 02:00
Ill miror it in a few minutes. You should get fast speeds out of my server. I got alot of transfer rate.

noobie4ever
5th July 2008, 04:18
hey, im kinda new to this stuff, will this work on patch Z?

deggis
5th July 2008, 10:39
Yes. I havent tried but there shouldn't be anything that would prevent CSR working properly?

Crady
5th July 2008, 12:03
Well, the only problem I have is that I cannot hear other cars around me :(

So its useless for me because I dunno if someone is next to me or not..

When I activate full LFS Sound I hear my own car double with a few miliseconds difference...

DrFred
7th July 2008, 06:22
hey, im kinda new to this stuff, will this work on patch Z?

yes, it does, just tested it.

Well, the only problem I have is that I cannot hear other cars around me :(

So its useless for me because I dunno if someone is next to me or not..

When I activate full LFS Sound I hear my own car double with a few miliseconds difference...

how do you mean that? i can hear other cars?! maybe your own car sound is too less? should be 10 with CSR.

edit:

you'd tried it like you said in some posts ago: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=813644#post813644

i fiddled around and you only need to set those sounds all (except skids/wind) to off, you do not need to put all sliders to the left. of course those for gear whine, turbo, blow off, shift sound...
main car sound ("wagen" in german) in sound options should be on 20, this affects ALL hearable sounds IN the car so also winds/skids and other cars from outside as well. winds/skids better set from 1.0 to 0.5 (as the "main" car sound has doubled) in the "Shift+A" section or what ever you like more. or you set it globally in the sound options. dunno whats better for each car.
then in the "Shift+A" section you have to put those sounds off everytime you get in car... or you can set the sliders header, collector and tail mix all to 0.00 and save as a new set f.e. FXR_CSR. this sound last used is loaded every next time you choose that car.
now the sounds aren't overlapped anymore, and other car sounds are more recognizable.
have fun

Crady
7th July 2008, 13:35
DrFred,

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately I cannot save a Shift&A Setup with swiched sound off... When I step in the car again all sounds I turned of are switched on again...

But I can use my "old" pulled to 0 Shift&A sounds!

I guess the volume of CSR was too high... but now I can hear the other cars!

EDIT: It does NOT work on online races!!! :(

DrFred
9th July 2008, 08:38
unfortunately vista and xp have got different sound management in LFS.
vista handles all cars as they are... xp handles all cars as players car is, such as edited sound in "shift+a" section.
so the problem is, if you're gonna racing and don't hear the other, in xp you have to keep the standard sounds in the sound settings (Shift+A).
you always have to set up your sound off in the sound "Shift+A" menu. in vista you can save your "off" sound with head, tail, collectors mix set to 0.

Jazzka
16th July 2008, 12:50
I have to say im very happy with this addon.Makes racing with FXR
more realistic and kicks more adrenaline in during races.

Just asking is there good sound packs to try out for other cars too?
Theres one thread for CSR sounds but its long dead :(

DaveWS
17th July 2008, 17:16
Have you tried this link? http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=219905#post219905

Specifically the soundpack for all cars?

Jazzka
17th July 2008, 17:20
Yes i got it. Thank you.
I assume theres no trick to get other players engines sound louder than yours? Other than that im having a blast whit this :thumb:

JasonJ
17th July 2008, 17:39
No trick I'm afraid...

CSR will only output sounds for the car that is in focus, either the car you are spectating OR your own car. Other cars around the focus car will only output LFS default sounds.

Also external views such as TV view will not change car volume in relation to distance from the camera. It's an outguage application and is limited by outguage functionality.

kamilek12
27th July 2008, 15:06
does csr work for patch z?

JasonJ
28th July 2008, 06:43
Yes works on patch Z, but FBM is not supported. AFAIK it loads the last car used instead for FBM sounds.

And some people are having issues with Vista as well.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=495432#post495432
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=782043#post782043
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=859568#post859568

kamilek12
28th July 2008, 13:22
i have vista and i have no problems at all :D

jonny dank
28th July 2008, 15:22
is there anyway to run 2 outgauge programs so i could use this as well as the rev limiter?

Racer325
29th July 2008, 08:51
Rev limiter? Where'd you get that :D

gimee gime gime lol

jonny dank
30th July 2008, 10:01
look in miscellaneous addons, it's around the top:)

for some reason CSR won't work at all.checked everything like 10 times! im using patch z on vista and ive never had problems with y and i know it's compatable so im a little confused.... can anyone help?

kamilek12
31st July 2008, 15:39
u have to set the ports they got reset so u have to change it to 35555

Matze78
31st July 2008, 16:25
Since CSR i dont have any tyresounds! Can anybody help me out?

jonny dank
1st August 2008, 01:49
had it at 30000:doh: thanks for the help! has anyone discovered a way to run 2 outgauge app at once?

maxbmx
2nd August 2008, 15:43
wow, awesome, Great work.

sazpcjack
4th August 2008, 10:38
This version does not FBM! The new version has not? »

CSR did not edit out the voice of sense of space! :shrug:Hope that the new version has improved:scratchch

deggis
13th August 2008, 21:14
had it at 30000:doh: thanks for the help! has anyone discovered a way to run 2 outgauge app at once?
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=241138#post241138
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=241707#post241707

deggis
13th August 2008, 21:15
This version does not FBM! The new version has not? »

CSR did not edit out the voice of sense of space! :shrug:Hope that the new version has improved:scratchch
Are you using a text translator? I don't understand what you mean.

CSR does not support FMB, but it works on all other cars.

Unfortunately there will probably never going to be new versions of CSR.

JasonJ
14th August 2008, 02:59
CSR did not edit out the voice of sense of space! :shrug:
He means the distance from the camera doesn't effect CSR volume and the doppler effect doesn't happen etc.

The answer is no it doesn't, because outgage doesn't support the distance from camera so CSR cannot replicate sense of distance.

tisy0
25th August 2008, 17:13
Link is dead.
EDIT: Just noticed:: The official link is dead actually, Scroll down the page and theres another link :P

J03130
26th September 2008, 06:24
shame im using the demo :(

Senninha25
26th September 2008, 11:30
shame im using the demo :(
and you bumped this thread only for that?:really:

Notram
28th September 2008, 09:16
the 031 is the newest verson?

anyway VERY NICE Add-on!:thumb:

JasonJ
29th September 2008, 05:53
0.31a (Alpha) is latest version yes. Only car that won't work properly is FBM - I think (engine sounds). But that is not such a big issue when you have 20 cars in S2.

Logicalx
26th October 2008, 19:20
guys how to you make new sounds iv got a few engine sounds but im finding it hard to find a sound long enough for low med and high sounds ... ?

any guides at all ?

Music_Boy
3rd December 2008, 14:54
Does anyone know how to put the the engine sound of Subaru made for FX0 from DaveWS Pack into RB4 car?

DaveWS
5th December 2008, 00:44
Yup, it's just a case of renaming all the FXO files to RB4 and then putting them in the RB4 folder.

I've done it for you though already: http://www.mediafire.com/?1jrl1jnzmyt

Just put these into the "User Files" directory of CSR.

darkinertia
5th December 2008, 02:52
does anyone have a blitz skyline sound pack? also, is it possible to make a rev limiter sound?

Music_Boy
5th December 2008, 10:57
Yup, it's just a case of renaming all the FXO files to RB4 and then putting them in the RB4 folder...

Thanks Dave :D You deserve some award for the best subaru boxer sound between all games ever. :thumb: Many people tried to do sound of impreza for Richard Burns Rally, but all of it was not even in 30% so good as this one. You made even anti-lag... small thing but perfection result from every small seemingly not-meaningful details. Thank you once again. I think that sound should be in stock LFS. This game is liked by my friends from subaru Poland forum. If i show it them i think they will be very happy. Big beer to you for that :D

juun
8th December 2008, 10:23
ey the links to the missing ocx files are down.
anyone link or upload the .zip for me :(

this is so awesome.

Mp3 Astra
8th December 2008, 13:51
I have to say that this is a great program. It totally confuses me, but with the help of DaveWS's soundpack, it is a good laugh to use. I find myself not changing gear until it is far too late because the cars sound so good at high revs. :D

erfrag
17th December 2008, 19:08
how would i add my own sound? i think the new turbo sound is better, but i don't like the blow off sound. when a bypass valve flutters like that air is osculating through the charged pipes and damaging the turbine housing. although this doesn't' matter for a race car, or a video game for that matter i'd like a "cleaner" sound, like the sound my turbocharged daily driver makes (Audi/VW 1.8t). i know i try to avoid the flutter if i want my turbo to last.

here's a sample of what i am talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usPVnPtPuEs (1.8t with diverter valve)

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH-NYCfQ6ik (1.8t big turbo with blow off)

JasonJ
18th December 2008, 14:54
There is a pack of about 5 different BOV sounds for CSR in wav format somewhere.

They originated when LFS used to use a .RAW files for the DumpValve.raw default sound. Someone converted them into WAVs for use in CSR. now, gotta just find the post. =)

Edit: I've had a little look for it. It's quite hard to locate. I may upload it here when I get home in a few hours.

Edit: Here is a BOV sound pack of 11 DumpValves (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=694025). Unfortunately this is for use in the LFS default engine editor. I'll keep looking for CSR the DumpValves pack. Edit: cannot find it at all! I will upload later on.

Edit: I've added about 11 different blow off valve (dump valve (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1011874#post1011874)) sounds in wav format for use in CSR. You should be able to find something you like in there.

Fire_optikz001
19th December 2008, 02:26
no csr folder wth

JasonJ
19th December 2008, 03:51
no csr folder wthYou have downloaded it and installed it? It does not come standard with LFS.

Wittrock1991
15th January 2009, 18:02
Could someone possibly get me this sound?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC9l6FK5r8Q

Thanks.

Wittrock1991
16th January 2009, 15:58
Hey. I've been experimenting with the CSR, and i've made a nice sound for the XRT. The problem is tho, i can't make it go with my LFS. Why can't i do that? I follow the instructions from the ReadMe, but it still won't work, what do i have to do? :shrug:

JasonJ
16th January 2009, 19:34
So it's working (you can edit sounds and make noises with it?), but won't do anything when LFS is running? The outguage settings in the cfg.txt might have been changed after you edited it. Are you running any other outguage mods per chance? I did that once and it changed the outguage cfg.txt settings so it wouldn't work.

You said you read the readme, but did you read the highly detailed Installation Guide?
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=219905#post219905

Foliage
19th January 2009, 07:30
How do I actually turn this application on? I've got it running and followed the installation guide its just that it does nothing. I've got it loaded and LFS running, but nothign happens? how do I actually make it start, is there something I have to do with 'outgauge' apart from editing the cfg file?

edit: looks like most the folders are empty, do only certain cars work, or are there just no presets for half the cars?

JasonJ
19th January 2009, 23:15
Default cars in the download are BF1 and FZR. The other cars require CSR car pack download. DaveWS's CSR pack is the most renown.

Have you read the Installation Guide (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=219905#post219905) this information is explained in there.
* Full Sound Pack by DaveWS: download (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=248878#post248878) (all cars included)

It does not detect FBM so don't try and test it with that car. It will just use the last car selected AFAIK when you use the FBM.

lrdbsi
15th February 2009, 22:10
download down

senn
15th February 2009, 22:26
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=219905#post219905

god forbid you should try more than one freaking download link in a thread.

primozeto
8th April 2009, 13:59
found this amazing sound of f1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ6unEbFXzw

does somebody know how to make it,.or have the setup ot hat sound,.. thnx

MMMaaaXXX
8th April 2009, 14:02
Wy do you want the "set" for BF1? Can you drive it ?

primozeto
8th April 2009, 14:43
yes,.i can drive bf1,...im fresh with new cars

Shadowww
8th April 2009, 15:36
yes,.i can drive bf1,...im fresh with new cars
FBM =/= BF1.

Ok, they both are BMW's and Formula's, but they are different.

Heiko1
8th April 2009, 16:13
you dont check it Shadowww? hes a cracker!:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea

PioneerLv
8th April 2009, 16:26
Shadowww

You know that ''0:{212}/end_line'' language. Can you please explain how to do this:
6. Finally, you can create .bat file shortcut to start CSR and LFS together (instead of everytime using separate LFS and CSR shortcuts!):

* Create a file called start.bat and place it in the LFS main folder.
* Open the file you just created in Notepad, copy & paste these lines and save it:

@echo off
cd CSR
start/AboveNormal CSR.exe
cd ..
pause
start LFS.exe
exit

I just can't get it work. Can you make that file and host it somewhere, please?

Shadowww
8th April 2009, 16:43
Shadowww

[snip]
UnZip to LFS folder.

PioneerLv
8th April 2009, 16:48
Thanks ma breda!

Shadowww
8th April 2009, 16:50
No problem :tilt:

G!NhO
13th April 2009, 13:55
how the hell can i change the engine sounds?

i downloaded some sounds for TDU and i thought i would use them for FZR but it doesnt work. :\

help? :p

JustyZ
17th April 2009, 11:18
How to mute the crackles which I heard when csr is On.
That crackle would sound like the fire is leaving muffler.
How to mute it? Because it's sound horrible.

Sorry for bad English.
Hope sb will help me.

JasonJ
17th April 2009, 21:36
Turn off backfire here.
You have to do it again for each car.

Wittrock1991
17th April 2009, 23:47
It's awesome. Although. There's a Sound i want. It's this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC9l6FK5r8Q

Anyone could find that for me? :thumb:

BlueCombPL
19th April 2009, 15:46
where can I get this CSR??? a link on topic`s beginning doesn`t work :(
P.S.: sorry for my bad english

JasonJ
19th April 2009, 19:50
First post has link to Installation Guide. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=219905#post219905

Download link is there.

(NB: this ws made before FBM existed so it won't work for that car)

BlueCombPL
20th April 2009, 18:50
thanks, i`m downloading it now ;)

yamakawa
22nd April 2009, 11:21
First post has link to Installation Guide. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.p...905#post219905

Download link is there.

(NB: this ws made before FBM existed so it won't work for that car)

Thx for the long time support. JasonJ and deggis:thumb:
I rewrote the first post.

Thank you!

PioneerLv
22nd April 2009, 12:20
Yamakawa is back! :D

In first post:

''Turbo Charger'' not ''Turbo Chager'' ;)

yamakawa
24th April 2009, 11:21
Yamakawa is back! :D

In first post:

''Turbo Charger'' not ''Turbo Chager'' ;)

Oops:shy: It's corrected. :)

kostas7
26th April 2009, 18:14
are there any wav. sounds that i can use to edit my xrt engine sound with csr?maybe a sound pack with .wav sounds(turbo,engine sound, and other)?can you give me a link?

deiwisxxx
26th April 2009, 20:50
I might download this but will i be able to hear what saund im remixing

magux
28th May 2009, 20:23
Why only the FZR and the BF1 works? I downloaded the soundpack and put it in 'User files'en 'Sounds'.

JasonJ
29th May 2009, 00:17
Why only the FZR and the BF1 works? I downloaded the soundpack and put it in 'User files'en 'Sounds'.
Hmm sounds like it's only using the default sounds, You must select USER MODE as shown in step 5. here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=219905#post219905
That tells CSR to ignor the BF1 and FZR in the default "sounds" folder and use the "user files" folder instead.

streetracerguy
21st June 2009, 13:17
F**k you all that s**t dont work!
Ive tried everything and ive done everything........ Car still sounds the same!!!!!!

scoped11
21st June 2009, 13:39
F**k you all that s**t dont work!
Ive tried everything and ive done everything........ Car still sounds the same!!!!!!

hmm your dumb then xD

streetracerguy
21st June 2009, 13:51
well at first the step by step thing didnt work cuz all the files were named differently so i just started clickin shit, then i found the right spot then i did what it said and it still dont fukn work

SamH
21st June 2009, 14:58
streetracerguy, either moderate your language or you will be removed from the forum. You have 2 infractions. If you receive a third, you will no longer be able to post here.

streetracerguy
21st June 2009, 20:59
sorry, just furious

Crady
25th July 2009, 12:03
Hi there!

Well I know this is a rather old, but GREAT piece of software. Ok... I had some problems with it using WinXP: I had to turn off all sounds with the slider - except for skid and wind to be able to hear the GREAT CSR sound without overlapping. But I was not able to hear other cars around me :(

Someone here said that XP and Vista have a different sound management and that it works with Vista. However I have installed the RC1 of Win7 (64bit) to test CSR again.

Well I discovered the same problem :( I need to turn off the sounds in LFS with the SHIFT+A menue in order to not hear some double sounds (LFS/CSR mixture). But then I cannot hear other cars around me :(

An other thing - I believe this is a Win7 problem - is that sometimes the "Road Noise" sound get stuck. Then I permanently hear this sound - even when I am in the pits and no one else is on the server. I am also not able to edit the sounds. If I try to, CSR crashes with the error: "Run-time error 339: Component "MSCOMCTL.OCX" or one...."

But since the link to the missing OCX files is not working anymore............

JasonJ
25th July 2009, 20:19
Sound overlapping.
Usually not so bad if you have a good sound set in CSR. The engine revs tone/pitch in CSR should match the LFS car engine sound so that they complement each other. This is the reason DaveWS made a patch fix for the FXR I believe. If the CSR engine revs pitch do not match the CSR engine pitch then it will sound like an echo or like you are in a tunnel and sound pretty annoying. If you need to improve the CSR sound pitch you can inside the edit menu, more on that later. Also you can turn down the LFS car engine sounds to about 1/4 (not completely off you want to hear other cars yes) and turn up the CSR master volume sound(called mix) and you must do that for each car in CSR. Put it up to up to 10 or something high to help drown out the LFS engine sound of your own car.

Road noise gets stuck.
When you are in the pits, it seems CSR will track another car out on the track. Similar to if you were spectating it. But since your car is in the pits, it seems like the sound is playing for no reason. You can confirm this when you hear background backfires and the other car's indicators/blinkers sounding when you are in the pits. Not much you can do about this. It's probably a bug, but you can live with it. When you get into the sound editor you can tune down the road noise for CSR and make it less annoying.

Sound Editor.
The file you need as you stated is MSCOMCTL.OCX. Just do a google search for the file. Save it to the c:\windows\system 32 folder in WinXP, I don't know where it should go in Vista or Win7, I haven't played with them enough to need to know yet.

Crady
25th July 2009, 22:55
Thanks, Jason!

Well I am using the 64bit version... so getting the OCX to work was quite hard, but I found an installer which did the job (VB6Runtime custom setup).

After installing this Runtime LFS sound and CSR sound are at the same time and you are right - it does not matter :)

At Win XP both sounds have been delayed by a fraction of a second - and there it DID matter...

Now I need getting LFSRelax running stable (it crashed from time to time). Because if LFSRelax crashes, OutGaubeGateway crashes too and disables CSR... But this might be a point for an other thread.. Thanks!:thumb:

critdog
1st October 2009, 06:53
dude im kinda new on lfs and i just wanted to know if you can give out a link to get that corvette zr1 csr sound folder? its that video on youtube and can you get me a link to the newst csr please and thanks:D

Jsdrifts
20th October 2009, 19:43
i dont get it at all xD

how do i put it to my car on lfs ??

Twyke
21st October 2009, 17:58
Can i use this on demo?:|

JasonJ
21st October 2009, 21:07
yes - works on demo, but the FBM was added after the program was released, so FBM does not function properly.

superxp
23rd October 2009, 17:00
Turn lights sounds don't work with Test Patch Z20 :(

oleroc
28th October 2009, 21:35
These are the sounds that stops working from insim doc.

// DL_x - bits for OutGaugePack DashLights and ShowLights
enum
{
DL_SHIFT, // bit 0 - shift light
DL_FULLBEAM, // bit 1 - full beam
DL_HANDBRAKE, // bit 2 - handbrake
DL_PITSPEED, // bit 3 - pit speed limiter
DL_TC, // bit 4 - TC active or switched off
DL_SIGNAL_L, // bit 5 - left turn signal
DL_SIGNAL_R, // bit 6 - right turn signal
DL_SIGNAL_ANY, // bit 7 - shared turn signal
DL_OILWARN, // bit 8 - oil pressure warning
DL_BATTERY, // bit 9 - battery warning
DL_ABS, // bit 10 - ABS active or switched off
DL_SPARE, // bit 11
DL_NUM
};
//////
#endif

Any chance that someone might update CSR to again make use of these sound possibilities?? And maybe add the ones missing :)

M.M.L.
30th October 2009, 20:01
I cant download "Full Sound Pack by DaveWS: download (all cars included)"

DaveWS
31st October 2009, 11:40
I cant download "Full Sound Pack by DaveWS: download (all cars included)"

Try the rapidshare mirror: http://rapidshare.com/files/68176733/Full_CSR_SoundPack_v2.rar

morpha
31st October 2009, 15:57
Any chance that someone might update CSR to again make use of these sound possibilities?? And maybe add the ones missing :)

I don't think yamakawa will release the source, but I've written a OutGaugeRelay script that, in addition to relaying OG packets, can also convert them to pre-Z20 OG packets. Might release that to the public, eventually :nod:

clayman
13th December 2009, 08:20
Try the rapidshare mirror: http://rapidshare.com/files/68176733/Full_CSR_SoundPack_v2.rar

Thx DaveWS ;)

morpha
13th December 2009, 10:17
Took some time, but here is what I'd consider "final" enough to be released.
In addition to relaying OutGauge traffic to several additional ports, it also allows to set specific IDs and can even convert new OG packets (dashlights in DashLight/ShowLight) to old ones (dashlights in Flags).

An improvement over the version I posted here is a new custom packet validation feature. What this does is to optionally run every packet through a custom function that can manipulate packet contents before the packet is sent drop the packet entirely

It comes pre-configured for CSR, receiving on port 6699 and forwarding converted packets to CSR on port 35555. Some filtering is done to avoid a couple of annoying CSR bugs, specifically: Playing the "Very low" sample when the engine is off (RPM = 0). Playing *_on samples despite lack of fuel or when the ignition is off. Scirocco preparation: Mask VWS as XFG.

Python 2.6 is required.

Enjoy :thumb:

€: Had a bug in the uploaded version, re-uploaded.

tigerboyz
17th December 2009, 03:12
Morpha, does that outgauge relay mean it's now possible to use multiple outgauge ports at once? For example, CSR and my LFS Shifter; I don't know how to make them both work at the same time because I can only put one port in LFS' cfg.txt.

morpha
17th December 2009, 06:06
Morpha, does that outgauge relay mean it's now possible to use multiple outgauge ports at once? For example, CSR and my LFS Shifter; I don't know how to make them both work at the same time because I can only put one port in LFS' cfg.txt.

Yes that's the original purpose of the relay.
Find FORWARD_TO = ((35555, 0, True, csr),) and add as many additional applications as you want. The only limit is the limited number of ports available (65535 total, more than you'll ever need on a single machine) and your CPU, but 2 or even 5 apps should be no problem at all.

Here's an updated version prepared for your shifter in combination with CSR. Set the OutGauge port to 6699 in your cfg.txt, run og_relay.py, CSR and LFSShifter and off you go :tilt:

jonath08000
23rd January 2010, 17:19
Hi!

I downloaded your og_relay but I can not make it work. I have configured to use CSR and RevLimiter same time:

FORWARD_TO = (
(35555, 0, False, csr),
(11222, 2, False, None),
)

Does the configuration is correct? I use the Z25 version so I set the conversion to False. How does launching on the script?

Sorry for my english, I'm french :D

morpha
23rd January 2010, 19:20
Hi!

I downloaded your og_relay but I can not make it work. I have configured to use CSR and RevLimiter same time:

FORWARD_TO = (
(35555, 0, False, csr),
(11222, 2, False, None),
)

Does the configuration is correct? I use the Z25 version so I set the conversion to False. How does launching on the script?

Sorry for my english, I'm french :D

That's a valid configuration, so it should work. What happens when you run the script? Does it close right away or is there any output in the console window?

jonath08000
23rd January 2010, 22:10
I found how to operate. I run it with Python 2.6 IDLE. It works, CSR and RevLimiter running at the same time :)

I need to use conversion with the Z25??

morpha
24th January 2010, 08:40
I found how to operate. I run it with Python 2.6 IDLE. It works, CSR and RevLimiter running at the same time :)

I need to use conversion with the Z25??

Yes, the new OutGauge packet structure was introduced with Z25.

BoyGTA
29th January 2010, 09:16
How do I install this?

I installed python, I changed in cfg port to 6699 and in CSR too. But when i open this python thing it says forwarind..

morpha
29th January 2010, 12:38
How do I install this?

I installed python, I changed in cfg port to 6699 and in CSR too. But when i open this python thing it says forwarind..

You don't "install" it, it forwards when it's running. It opens one port to receive LFS's OutGauge packets on and sends them to all the other ports you configured it to forward to. You always have to run it when you want multiple applications to be able to receive the packets.

I might release a C++ rewrite of it soon that can be started with LFS without minimizing the window, but it's not at the top of my todo list.

BoyGTA
29th January 2010, 19:04
But, the only thing I want is the blinkers sounds that CSR had.. it's possible to get that to work on Z28?

morpha
29th January 2010, 19:07
Yes but you always have to run the relay, it converts the packet received from LFS to the previous format and then forwards it.

BoyGTA
29th January 2010, 19:08
Man, please talk me in english that I can understand haha, give me please some lil stepts to forward hehe

morpha
29th January 2010, 19:10
Man, please talk me in english that I can understand haha, give me please some lil stepts to forward hehe

You said you already changed your OutGauge port to 6699 and when you run the script it says forwarding to ..., there's nothing more to it, that's what it does. Can't get any simpler than that :shrug:

BoyGTA
14th February 2010, 15:46
Hey morpha, can you help me to get to work rev limiter too? It uses port 11222 I think.

I run og_realy, then CSR and then REV limiter and when in LFS, the python windows give me some error that it can't set more than 1 port to 6699 or something like this.

Thanks in advance.

morpha
14th February 2010, 16:00
Hey morpha, can you help me to get to work rev limiter too? It uses port 11222 I think.

I run og_realy, then CSR and then REV limiter and when in LFS, the python windows give me some error that it can't set more than 1 port to 6699 or something like this.

Thanks in advance.

Open og_relay.py in a texteditor, find FORWARD_TO and change it toFORWARD_TO = (
(35555, 0, False, csr),
(11222, 2, False, None),
)

Run the script only once, it will forward to all ports added to the FORWARD_TO list.

BoyGTA
14th February 2010, 16:14
Aha, now I understand this thing hehe.

I created a little bat file so I run all in this order: og_relay, csr, rev limiter & LFS.

Thanks for the great job and help.

thezero
16th February 2010, 11:44
Can someone please tell me why i dont hear sound for indicators? :schwitz:

I installed it as i was supossed to and everything else works fine - only sound for indicators doesnt.

thezero
16th February 2010, 13:23
Can someone please tell me why i dont hear sound for indicators? :schwitz:

I installed it as i was supossed to and everything else works fine - only sound for indicators doesnt.

No one? :(

I also checked if i have sound for indicator installed and yes, i have (\Live for Speed\CSR\Sounds\_misc) - winker.wav. Only problem is that i cant hear it if i turn indicator on in-game, even if i have all sounds turned on. :shrug:

morpha
16th February 2010, 13:25
It's because the OutGauge packet changed slightly in Z25, use the relay script with just one entry (port 35555 by default) and format conversion turned on.

thezero
16th February 2010, 15:14
It's because the OutGauge packet changed slightly in Z25, use the relay script with just one entry (port 35555 by default) and format conversion turned on.

Sorry but i dont get you. :schwitz:

Sorry for being a noob, but i would be realy glad if you could help me with how to set indicators to make sound. In fact, i installed whole CSR just for that, but it does not work. :(

morpha
16th February 2010, 15:33
Simply put: CSR is old, there was a minor change in how LFS communicates with external applications and now CSR does not "understand" all of it. To work around this, I have written a little script that goes inbetween LFS and CSR, translating new to old on the fly. It isn't as easy to use as CSR alone, but once configured, it's only one application more to run.

thezero
16th February 2010, 17:08
Simply put: CSR is old, there was a minor change in how LFS communicates with external applications and now CSR does not "understand" all of it. To work around this, I have written a little script that goes inbetween LFS and CSR, translating new to old on the fly. It isn't as easy to use as CSR alone, but once configured, it's only one application more to run.

Oh i see... Alright, i have downloaded it now, but could you tell me where to extract it to? Also, is extracting it to correct map everything it needs, or do i need to modify anything else afterwards? Thanks! :thumb:

morpha
16th February 2010, 17:16
Its location does not matter, but I recommend an addons/ directory inside your LFS dir, for CSR as well.
Obviously LFS needs to send OutGauge data to port 6699, so configure OutGauge (near the end of your cfg.txt) to look like this:OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 6699
OutGauge ID 0

thezero
16th February 2010, 17:26
Its location does not matter, but I recommend an addons/ directory inside your LFS dir, for CSR as well.
Obviously LFS needs to send OutGauge data to port 6699, so configure OutGauge (near the end of your cfg.txt) to look like this:OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 6699
OutGauge ID 0

I put og_relay.py into \Live for Speed\CSR map, changed config as you said, but it's still not working. og_relay.py is just meant to be in the map, right? Or do i need to run it somehow?

morpha
16th February 2010, 17:40
You did read the post before downloading it, right?
Where it is (i.e. which directory) does not matter, but it requires Python 2.6 and yes, of course you have to run it :schwitz:

luckytuner
20th February 2010, 19:59
i get a runtime error ( .OCX file) when i press the Edit button, but the file to download in "common problems" ( http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=219905#post219905 ) is broken :(

JasonJ
21st February 2010, 04:46
i get a runtime error ( .OCX file) when i press the Edit button, ...:(
In Windows XP the file is called MSCOMCTL.OCX

luckytuner
21st February 2010, 11:19
Thanks, now it works ;)

Jazzka
21st February 2010, 12:07
Is there any other mirrors to dl the Dave's Sound pack?
Rapidshare is constantly full and cant download from there or is it even working anymore.
Have been trying on and off for like few months now to get trough.

JasonJ
21st February 2010, 20:34
http://www.filefront.com/15646727/Full_CSR_SoundPack_v2.zip
I believe it includes the FXR fixed file.

It's .ZIP instead of .RAR so it's 90MB instead of 68MB version
:shrug:

Jazzka
22nd February 2010, 06:58
Nice JasonJ. Thank you :thumb:

masternick
27th February 2010, 11:43
can anybody make a sreamer pipe sound like this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jra5Bj4yTts&feature=PlayList&p=BA55422757E57830&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=29

if i record abit from the video it doesnt sound right when its looping, goes up and down to much or maybe i'm just not doing it right, dont really know:P

JasonJ
27th February 2010, 12:08
Sometimes when making samples that need to repeat it helps if you copy the sound and add it to the end, but in reverse. Then there is no jump from end back to the beginning. You can do this with Audacity if you need a free audio editing program.

Like this

http://www.lfsforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=101874&d=1267276088

krazy_55
23rd March 2010, 11:40
has anyone made or have any RB30 sounds

or anything similar?

cheers

The Mask
29th March 2010, 04:56
guys can someone help me with the BOV sounds?

my issue is that when i use my G25 with this add-on everything works fine except the BOV sound it doesn't work properly I only hear it once like every 5 minutes, but as soon as i switch into (keyboard & mouse) the BOV works great. :shrug:

sorry for my bad English :x

Whiskey
29th March 2010, 15:45
Try releasing the throttle faster

The Mask
30th March 2010, 23:38
Try releasing the throttle faster

thanks for the response buddy, i did try that, didnt help :shrug:

BERGERMAN
14th April 2010, 23:05
Took some time, but here is what I'd consider "final" enough to be released.
In addition to relaying OutGauge traffic to several additional ports, it also allows to set specific IDs and can even convert new OG packets (dashlights in DashLight/ShowLight) to old ones (dashlights in Flags).

Python 2.6 is required.

Enjoy :thumb:

WOW thanks a lot morpha! I got it working and it fully works to run my 2 programs (other than CSR), thanks to the ability to forward not just the port, but also a different ID. I had been searching for quite a while.

Again, thanks a lot for creating this script!

(i know have 5 programs to start up every time including LFS, lol)

chase03
23rd April 2010, 11:21
Actually we could make sounds ,dont we ?
I did more than 10 sick sounds,and i got the sounds from :
http://www.trackmania-carpark.com/liste.php
Almost every car haves a low/mid/high rpm sounds on it. Take them and add it into the CSR,play with the timing thats its SICK.

vistaman
13th June 2010, 13:19
Looks like it wont work for Windows 7 ... Its always crashing when i want start the .exe ... does anyone know how to fix it ? :(

Jazzka
13th June 2010, 17:03
Would it be possible to pick sounds from Rfactor?
Recording or...?
Historic GT has some sweet engine sounds in it :)

Whiskey
13th June 2010, 18:14
Looks like it wont work for Windows 7 ... Its always crashing when i want start the .exe ... does anyone know how to fix it ? :(

I used it in Win 7 64bits with no problems

JasonJ
13th June 2010, 20:35
Would it be possible to pick sounds from Rfactor?
Recording or...?
Historic GT has some sweet engine sounds in it :)
Yes - rFactor has the low med and high parts of the engines.
xxx_onverylow.wav
xxx_onlow.wav
xxx_onmid.wav
xxx_onhigh.wav

xxx_offverylow.wav
xxx_offlow.wav
xxx_offmid.wav
xxx_offhigh.wav
etc

You will have to re-tune the mixing of the sounds in CSR to match the RPMs in LFS, but you will have a good start.

Becare of copywrite issues if you post any sounds you do.

Jazzka
14th June 2010, 16:38
If do like i say where the sounds are from ;)

Archen
6th August 2010, 23:09
please anyone has any interesting and realistic?
it may be useful here .. thx

Jazzka
13th August 2010, 13:28
Suggestions on which car would be coolest to have V8 sounding engine?
I cant think of anything besides XRT :(
Too bad theres no car with Big American muscle in mind.

Saberrider
7th October 2010, 01:21
Can someone do this sound ??? Is there any chance ?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubL6sTuHeoY&feature=related

PLEASE!!!!!!!

Theres no better sound then the 5-Zylinder !!!!!!!!!

phoenixIlooka
6th November 2010, 15:44
Is it possible to get a mute-button or the possibility to mute it by a free choosable shortkey?

nille[ger]
14th November 2010, 12:30
hi guyz !!

i have the problem, the sound pack doesn't work :(
i installed it extactly by intructions from 1st page here, but nothing happens.
i start CSR 1st, press user mode (i pressd these gray sound button several times- no change), start lfs.
only hear the standard lfs sound - nothing changes.

facts:

soft: LFS S2 z28 on vista 64 ultimate, last DirectX 10.xx
hard: E8400, 4GB dominator, ati 4870, creative X-fi titan. fat. . .

i note some mysterious thing while installing:
i wasn't allowed to change the "cfg- text file", so i cut it off, put onto desktop, changed it and pushed it back 2 lfs folder.

edit: and with pressing the grey button for specific engine sounds on and off, i hear a sound (think its the engine sound) for a split of second.

PLS HELP, i must have these orgasm bringing sounds :tilt::tilt:

so long, nille

nille[ger]
20th November 2010, 23:12
common guys!!

no one can or want help ?? that i can't believe. . .pls let me know better :really:

nille

Hahmo
27th November 2010, 00:14
Bump!
Just interested, is it possible to make these in .eng?

Zipppy
27th November 2010, 06:27
Bump!
Just interested, is it possible to make these in .eng?
nope.

anyway Nille, This program was made for older versions of the OutGauge system (before Z25 if I remember). If you want it to run on Z28 you need a script that converts the output from LFS Z28's OutGauge to the older Outgauge.

sankkuq
5th December 2010, 11:40
Car Sound Remixer - Installation Guide

What...?

CSR is a sound modification/utility made by yamakawa that adds sampled engine, shift, transmission, turbo, brake squeal, backfire and indicator sounds to LFS. It is an alternative if you dislike the default sounds. Approach is purely based on sound samples like in most other games, completely different to the internal synthesized sound engine in LFS. With correct sound volume settings result can be a nice blend of both, the synthesized sound and CSR sounds. Of course you can also mute the default sounds.

voisitko suomentaa ton mulle ?? mun sahkopostii ppusa10@gmail.com :shy: plss en o kovin hyvä tos englannnis

Some preview videos:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kEXeqkM0Xek
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HVf7gAezlPc
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p1vnYeMe21k

Does it work with the LFS demo version?

Yes.

Post Z patches?

Yes but FBM is not supported and there might be some problems (indicator sounds).

Installation...

#1. You need to download:

Car Sound Remixer v0.31 alpha by yamakawa: liveforspeed.se (http://filer.liveforspeed.se/dump/files/addons/CSR_031_Full.zip) / Rapidshare (http://rapidshare.com/files/126517569/CSR_031_Full.zip.html) (52 MB)
Full Sound Pack by DaveWS: Rapidshare (http://rapidshare.com/files/68176733/Full_CSR_SoundPack_v2.rar) (68 MB) - #post248878 (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=248878#post248878)

Additional files (optional):

FZR sound pack (based on Lamborghini V12 from GTR2) made by me: #post250026 (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=250026#post250026)
small update on FXR sound by DaveWS: 2#post296352 (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=296352#post296352)

#2. Install CSR by extracting the .zip file to Live For Speed\CSR folder. Keep this kind of folder structure:

http://torttu.com/temp/lfs/csr/folder_structure.jpg
[ .jpg mirror ] (http://personal.inet.fi/koti/deggis/csr_folder_structure.jpg)

#3.

Go to Live For Speed\CSR\User Files and rename BF1 and FZR folders to something else - otherwise they will be overwritten by different sounds from the DaveWS's sound pack. (You can try both and decide which ones you like more.)
Install Full Sound Pack to Live For Speed\CSR folder (choose yes when prompted about replacing "User Files" folder)

Additional files:

Extract FZR sound pack to Live For Speed\CSR\User Files folder (incase you did not rename the original folder, choose yes to replace)
Place the FXR.dat to Live For Speed\CSR\User Files\FXR folder.

#4. Locate cfg.txt in LFS main folder and replace the last lines with these and then save it:OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 35555
OutGauge ID 0#5. When you start CSR.exe, you will need to activate "User Mode" before launching LFS:

http://torttu.com/temp/lfs/csr/activation.jpg
[ .jpg mirror ] (http://personal.inet.fi/koti/deggis/csr_activation.jpg)

"Edit" button goes to the editor (you don't need go there now). On the grey area you can choose what sounds you want to hear - these are car specific settings just like the volume slider. The main idea is to kind of "blend" LFS and CSR sound sources together by changing volume levels (in CSR and in LFS). It's really a personal preference. Also notice that the different car sound packs sound different and have different volume levels.

#6. Finally, you can create a .bat file (shortcut) for starting CSR and LFS at the same time (instead of clicking their respective shortcuts everytime separately):

Create a file called start.bat and place it in the LFS main folder.
Open the file in Notepad, copy & paste these lines and save it:@echo off
cd CSR
start/AboveNormal CSR.exe
cd ..
pause
start LFS.exe
exit
Create a shortcut to this .bat file...
Important: When you first time launch this .bat, check that the "User Mode" in CSR is enabled.
Delete the 'pause' command if you don't like that.

#7. Done! :schwitz:

Common problems

Indicator sound not working

Sound lags

Change CSR.exe priority to "AboveNormal" in the Windows task manager or just make the .bat file.

Everything else works except car X - CSR sounds just doesn't play at all with this car

I don't know what's the problem. I had this once (with XFR). Reinstalling solved the problem (only CSR, no need to reinstall sound packs).

Runtime error

You need to install Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Run-time files (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7B9BA261-7A9C-43E7-9117-F673077FFB3C&displaylang=en).

Error related to .OCX file(s)

Place MSCOMCTL.OCX (http://torttu.com/temp/lfs/csr/MSCOMCTL.OCX.zip) file in Windows\system32 folder.

I get "Run time error 53" and "File not found: VbDSnd2"

VBDSND2.zip (http://torttu.com/temp/lfs/csr/VBDSND2.zip)

How can I use CSR with other OutGauge mods?

You can try OutGaugeGateway. More info: #post241138 (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=241138#post241138) and #post241707 (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=241707#post241707).

I want to make my own sound pack

Use the editor. Also you can easily change sounds from car x to car y, some help: #post280376 (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=280376#post280376).

_ moi haluuks suomentaa ton mulle mun sahkopostii ppusa10@gmail.com en o hirvee hyvä tos englannis plss

piggy501
5th December 2010, 16:40
This program was made for older versions of the OutGauge system (before Z25 if I remember). If you want it to run on Z28 you need a script that converts the output from LFS Z28's OutGauge to the older Outgauge.

Where could one find such a script?

NotAnIllusion
5th December 2010, 16:49
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1329031#post1329031

Schnitzer327
15th January 2011, 19:00
graz for that mod mate , i like it so much but the problem that there is no backfire sound on XRT , can u help me plz ?

xCruisEx
16th January 2011, 09:06
My virus-protection-system says it is a virus! :mad:

Whiskey
16th January 2011, 10:48
My virus-protection-system says it is a virus! :mad:

Are you talking about OG_Realy? Because I can assure you it's not

xCruisEx
16th January 2011, 12:47
I'm using F-Secure 2011,and it says it is a virus!

Whiskey
16th January 2011, 17:11
Then your antivirus is a bit paranoid don't trusting any python code, because this does not have anything that could be dangerous for the computer security.

morpha
16th January 2011, 19:19
It's a script in plain text, you can read for yourself what it does and does not do.

xCruisEx
17th January 2011, 12:23
Ok thanks for your help.

CrutZ
22nd January 2011, 19:13
does some know a good tutorial link or something ? i tryed to search from google but still nothing :shrug:

Demon Illidan
22nd January 2011, 22:20
Its not working on patch Z .. And I find it too hard :P

Whiskey
22nd January 2011, 22:24
Its not working on patch Z .. And I find it too hard :P

The only time I used CSR was on Z :thumb:

I think that to make it work with Z28 you just need to execute og_relay (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1329031#post1329031) along side CSR, or mabe it was updated, don't know

BlakjeKaas
23rd January 2011, 00:23
Isn't there some pack and go feature?
Just 1 update .rar with anything in it that you need?

RdLeGy
8th March 2011, 10:58
Hello all,

I want to ask you how can i make my own sound by CSR?
Something like this pic:
http://www.lfsforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=18181&d=1161177954

I want my own sound for demo user for XRG.

Raid0
24th April 2011, 08:58
I have noticed a bug with this Sound Mixer. When I start trainig or any other race with FBM the program gives me NO DATA and the sound mod is not working. When I start the game and go in a race with any other car and then switch to FBM everything works fine.

ACCAkut
24th April 2011, 09:05
well afaik CSR was made when the FBM was not yet released, guess it won't start with FBM selected as first car, but when you start with another and switch to the FBM it just keeps that previous soundset. But I don't know, havent used CSR in years

Barefootdriver
5th August 2011, 16:48
Hi!

Can Someone tell me how to "read" the .dat files of the soundpack, so i know what the values in this file stand for? I am wondering, which of these values is the reference rpm of the sound files with constant rpm?

Thanks in advance!

ImudilaSkyline
5th August 2011, 22:50
Open with notepad or something?

Barefootdriver
6th August 2011, 14:57
yeah, i know how to open the .dat files. But i am interestes in what the values in this file stand for?

For example the "MRT" soundpack:

i have this files:

MRT_backfire1.wav
MRT_backfire2.wav
MRT_BlowOffValve.wav
MRT_FuelWarning.wav
MRT_off_high.wav
MRT_off_low.wav
MRT_off_mid.wav
MRT_on_high.wav
MRT_on_low.wav
MRT_on_mid.wav
MRT_RoadNoise.wav
MRT_shift_down1.wav
MRT_shift_up1.wav
MRT_shift_up2.wav

and this data in .dat file:

0,2000,7000,0,2500,7000,0,0,-20,0,0,0,-100,-250,0,5654,2952,-2262,0,5654,2952,-2262,6.9,-2000,-2000,-2000,0,0,0,0,0,0,-2000,0,0,0,0,0,-1050,-1130,8,9,1000,4,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,7000,200,-500,-500,-500,4,5,5,-500,0,-950,19430,0,0,15000,3,0,0

now i wonder which of this values stands for each event. Is there some "decoding-rule" to understand those values?

Barefootdriver
11th August 2011, 16:22
No one?

Barefootdriver
19th August 2011, 09:09
bump