The online racing simulator
Nurburgring???
(51 posts, started )
Nurburgring???
Idk if it's been posted, (its not in the log) but it would be really cool to have a Nurburgring for lfs. If a real 'ring isn't possible, then maybe the devs could make a track that is similar to the 'ring, with tight roads and lots of turns and all that stuff that make the Nurb the best track in the world.
#2 - wark
It was posted a lot up to a few years ago, but yeah... most people will just tell you that it would cost too much money to license.

However a loooong made-up track... Amen.
Its funny. Everyone wants the ring yet the games that allow for tracks to be made only have crappy converts of the ring that arent much fun or even realistic.

With the amount of time and effort Eric puts into one of his tracks the ring would take would probably take years. Not too mention it would have to be millimeter perfect or everyone would complain.
i dont know i have only played 2 games with the Ring GTR and GT4 i do have to say GT4's virsion is quiet realistic (pitty the game isent )
#5 - Vain
+1

Vain
Which Nurburgring?
Hell or F1 Track?
#7 - joen
It's been brought up before. A lot.
Everybody seems to want it, but if the ring would be included in LFS everybody would play it for the first couple of weeks and most will abandon it after that.
It isn't suitable for close racing in LFS, there just aren't enough people. Look at what tracks most people are racing, Five laps on short tracks.
How many people that want to have a really long track in LFS play FE Black or AS GT on a regular basis?

And sil3ntwar is right, it would take Eric a reaaally long time to create this track. Time I would rather see him spending on multiple tracks that can offer good racing.
+0.5 if it's the VERY long one

cause I think there will be complaints about it because it wouldn't be accurate enough...
Quote from joen :It's been brought up before. A lot.
Everybody seems to want it, but if the ring would be included in LFS everybody would play it for the first couple of weeks and most will abandon it after that.
It isn't suitable for close racing in LFS, there just aren't enough people. Look at what tracks most people are racing, Five laps on short tracks.
How many people that want to have a really long track in LFS play FE Black or AS GT on a regular basis?

And sil3ntwar is right, it would take Eric a reaaally long time to create this track. Time I would rather see him spending on multiple tracks that can offer good racing.

i couldent agree more but it is a track i would love to play on with say XRT and just get alot of turn in over steer from the cambered corners the 1 thing that LFS lacks now days is good races with even drivers most races i do now days have about 1/2 people at the same pace as me if not a little faster and the rest are 2/3 sec's of the pace
Why don't LFS included Chinese car & Track?
#11 - joen
Don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to race it in LFS too. But I think it would mainly become a single player track. Maybe if LFS will ever be open to mods this would be a challenging project for a group of talented people
Quote from scania :Why don't LFS included Chinese car & Track?

Because if China have made a good car, I haven't heard of it (and the small matter of licences), and if China has a good track, I haven't heard of it (also licencing, and I don't want a tilkedrome in LFS.
There is little racing on the longer tracks in LFS as it is. I very much doubt that people would bother racing on anything longer than 6 miles at all, let alone Nordschleife lengths.
+2

Quote from duke_toaster :if China has a good track

If we had the Ring the drifters would just rape it in their servers. That would be horrible sight to see movies about it, "D1 on die Karyze11 (that's what they would call it :P) bruing me more nawzzzz!twelve"
#16 - Jakg
cannot remember the name of that for the life of me, i think, Capau? probabaly wrong...

ah! Macau!
Quote from joen :How many people that want to have a really long track in LFS play FE Black or AS GT on a regular basis?

This is a really excellent point. If we all want the Ring so badly, why aren't the servers full of FE Black and KY GP Long, the nearest equivalents?

From GPL and various NR2003 mods, I always had a love-hate relationship with the Ring, but if I am honest, my most satisfying racing and indeed my most "in the zone" laps always came on shorter tracks. Really learning the Ring is a lifetime's work,I think, and we all waste far too much time in LFS already.
Quote from jtr99 :Really learning the Ring is a lifetime's work,I think, and we all waste far too much time in LFS already.

Not really I know learnt the way round in a couple of weeks and I'd of said it's actually a very easy track to drive with relatively little knowledge of it, much easier than say the IoM, mastering the 'ring is another story
Quote from sil3ntwar :yet the games that allow for tracks to be made only have crappy converts of the ring that arent much fun or even realistic.

umm... Nascar Heat anyone?
Quote from duke_toaster :Because if China have made a good car, I haven't heard of it (and the small matter of licences), and if China has a good track, I haven't heard of it (also licencing, and I don't want a tilkedrome in LFS.

Shanghai F1 & Macao is a good track
Formula Geely & Geely CK-1 Racing version is a good car
& it is easy to get the empower of company in China
Geely CK-1 Racing version http://www.whracing.cn/down_ccc14.htm http://www.whracing.cn/news.asp
Formula Geely http://www.agformula.com/
Geely http://www.geely.com/ http://www.geely.com/english/english.htm
Macau is in an SAR (a place that should be indipendant), so it doesn't count.

And anyhow, how anyone can class at Tilkedrome as "passable", let alone "good" is beyond me.

As for that Formula Car, I haven't heard of it.

Quote from tristancliffe :There is little racing on the longer tracks in LFS as it is. I very much doubt that people would bother racing on anything longer than 6 miles at all, let alone Nordschleife lengths.

Precisely. Actually, make that 6km. I prefer shorter tracks. [free_advertising]I have an idea for a league that would use only short tracks. Will give sponsorship to anyone other than a team for use of 2 servers[/free_advertising]
in a lot of years playing GPL online (and mostly offline) Nurby was the great one to master, but it was too much hassle to host live online. No-one ever ran it. Everyone (well 80% of servers )wanted Monza, the easiest track to learn and the most fun to race live.
For Monza read : AS Club in teh Fox, or Blackwood in the XF.
for Nurby read : no-one except the real die-hard enthusiasts for 2 hours a month.
two problems:
1. the track license.
2. Eric will make it millimeter perfect like we want it.

I think we should just have a nice long fantasy track that is like the ring.

+.5
Quote from scania :Shanghai F1 <snip> is a good track

You're.... you're kidding, right?

Hmm... Maybe not the green hell, but we could have something else. Ericshelife anyone?
In short, I see no need WHATSOEVER for any new environments to facilitate any course longer than what we currently have. Having said that, a combination of KY national and GP long would be immense.

Nurburgring???
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG