The online racing simulator
STCC Sim Touring Car Cup
(515 posts, closed, started )
STCC Sim Touring Car Cup
Hello,

I would like to introduce to you the STCC Sim Touring Car Cup.

What distinguishes the series, aside from using the TBO class cars which seem barely used, is that it will be broadcast with graphics/captions and commentary across the web, aswell as feature coverage in Virtual Motorsports ezine.

The series has live race stewarding, safety car, and post race scrutineering.

It has some peculiar rules because of it's broadcast nature, such as completing a slowdown lap after the race so the commentators can close off without a stack of cars forming on the start straight, so I would recommend anyone interested in competing in reading all of the website.

If you would like more information the website can be found here : http://www.simtouringcarcup.com
#2 - Jakg
/me applies...
#3 - Tukko
how can I sign up becky
Yea me to plz
Please download the entry pack, details are contained within. Welcome to the series, I hope you enjoy it.

Confirmation of race dates will occurr soon.
Looks very well organised.

Think I might enter this
#7 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :Please download the entry pack, details are contained within. Welcome to the series, I hope you enjoy it.

Confirmation of race dates will occurr soon.

doing it now, but do we only get to use 1 car in the entire series?
Yes, your choice of FXO, XRT or RB4 at the beginning of the season stays with you until the last race is over. Allowing drivers to change would unbalance the championship standings.

Look on the bright side, it's two less skins to make !
#9 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :Yes, your choice of FXO, XRT or RB4 at the beginning of the season stays with you until the last race is over. Allowing drivers to change would unbalance the championship standings.

Look on the bright side, it's two less skins to make !

oh, well if one race is rallyX, the RB4 will pwn in it, and then... o well, i wont leave my FXO!
Quote :oh, well if one race is rallyX, the RB4 will pwn in it, and then... o well, i wont leave my FXO!

There is also a points bonus system in place, the two slower classes of car at each track score extra points. Full details of that are in the guide: http://beckyrose.bansheestudios.com/STCC/Guide.html
Sounds like a great series to me Becky. Too bad I can't drive the TBO cars to save my life! hehe

Hope it turns out as great as it sounds like it will. Good luck to all competators.
Quote from Becky Rose :There is also a points bonus system in place, the two slower classes of car at each track score extra points. Full details of that are in the guide: http://beckyrose.bansheestudios.com/STCC/Guide.html

Sounds good, but that page is pretty unreadable without doing a CTRL+A
Quote :Sounds good, but that page is pretty unreadable without doing a CTRL+A

It should be light text on a dark background. Did the page not load properly? Apart from the regs and press pages it's all the same colour scheme. I have been posting some layout fixes over the last few hours, perhaps you caught it at a bad moment. Unfortunately my cable modem contention ratio is apalling and uploading during the day is difficult... To think I bought the 10mbit service too...
Quote from Becky Rose :It should be light text on a dark background. Did the page not load properly? Apart from the regs and press pages it's all the same colour scheme. I have been posting some layout fixes over the last few hours, perhaps you caught it at a bad moment. Unfortunately my cable modem contention ratio is apalling and uploading during the day is difficult... To think I bought the 10mbit service too...

At the time it was dark blue with black text, now its black text on white and the pics aren't displaying for some reason.

I'll check back later when you've finished fiddling with it.
#15 - MR_B
Looks oh so tempting, but a month's wait for a 30minute race is just not on for me. I may not even be here in 4 months time!
There's some issues with a few pages in the site caused by me trying to upload and my connection keeps dropping - I reckon a neighbour must be running a p2p server because downloading is fine but upload is just hopeless.

I will try again later to re-upload the whole thing and fix it. Mostly it's just formatting and missing pictures but the (important) text content seems fine.
Are you married? What is your spouses name? How about children? Does anyone in your family watch your LFS league races?

hmm didnt really got that.. are you looking for company or racers in your league? oh well.. one way or the other I'm here
You might want to change the XRT and FXO statuses on all of the rallyX tracks tho.
All in all, looks good, I need to see if I can find the time
Quote :hmm didnt really got that.. are you looking for company or racers in your league? oh well.. one way or the other I'm here

It's info a commentator can use, but you can miss out sections you dont want to answer provided the commentator gets some info to use.

Quote :You might want to change the XRT and FXO statuses on all of the rallyX

The current class groupings are based upon WR times as of 2 days ago, is there something wrong with them?
This looks like really great one Just few questions..

1) Are there any particular deadline when all entry forms have to be sent?

2) Does every team _have to have_ 2 drivers or can team have only one driver?

3) Why entry form has questions about peoples life, like "are you married? do you have kids?" Really can't see the point for those questions in LFS league
Quote from Becky Rose :It's info a commentator can use, but you can miss out sections you dont want to answer provided the commentator gets some info to use.

hehe ok it's just first time anyone's asking my marital status when joining a lfs league (which is single btw *wink wink*)

Quote from Becky Rose :
The current class groupings are based upon WR times as of 2 days ago, is there something wrong with them?

hmmm there's a one problem.. fxo is faster than xrt on all rallycross tracks.
At what time of day will these races be held? Will it be weekend or weekday?
#23 - Jakg
afaik sunday
It seems like a decent setup, I will post on the vMax forums to try and gather some vMax interest.
It will be on Sundays in the evening, it's to be confirmed but most probably 7pm. I will be checking conflicts with major LFS leagues before confirming the date & time for each race. and announce the details on that soon.

The website has just about finished uploading the updates, more or less, and should look ok on all pages now. Apart from my lousy typing errors anyway !
This thread is closed

STCC Sim Touring Car Cup
(515 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG