The online racing simulator
Replay icon!
(24 posts, started )
#1 - Stuff
Replay icon!
Well, now that we have associations for the replays, I made a slightly different icon for them! Didn't want to take away from the original that much so I only made the black part a triangle to represent the play in replay. What do you think?

Edit: remade the icon.. better edges. same name so just redownload and replace

preview and icon
Attached images
LFSreplay_preview.gif
Attached files
LFSreplay.zip - 5.4 KB - 390 views
#2 - ORION
When Im back home I can make that with a transparent icon
The pixel borders are not that nice, but the idea is cool i think
for mpr, spr and set files...
this would be coOL...

thought about donig it, but i'm not good in graphics
#4 - herki
had a go at some icons, too. i'm not the best graphic specialst (by far ), but i was inspired by stuff's icon.

(the difference between mpr, spr and rpl are a line of different colored pixels on the left ... hardly noticable, but the is a difference )

any comments/improvement suggestions are welcome.
Attached images
lfs icons.jpg
Attached files
lfs icons by herki.zip - 39 KB - 310 views
#5 - ORION
:lfs:
Attached images
lfsicos_orion.png
Attached files
lfsicos_orion.zip - 8.3 KB - 712 views
nice orion.

i applyed yours a little.
so that is, what came out!
Attached images
LFSIcons_crazyice.jpg
Attached files
LFSIcons_crazyice.zip - 5.6 KB - 320 views
#7 - ORION
Can you give me just the plain background (black + lfs logo as 2nd layer) so I can put the layer on top of it? Looks a bit pixxxelated right now
Anyways, the Windows icon "logic" has always a sheet of paper, often with an edge, and a small icon on it, for documents. Executables have an icon that uses all of the 32x32 pixels, and links for example get some small arrow in the bottom left corner.
So I don't know if someone wants the icons to have the Windows "logic" or not.
Quote from ORION :Can you give me just the plain background (black + lfs logo as 2nd layer) so I can put the layer on top of it? Looks a bit pixxxelated right now
Anyways, the Windows icon "logic" has always a sheet of paper, often with an edge, and a small icon on it, for documents. Executables have an icon that uses all of the 32x32 pixels, and links for example get some small arrow in the bottom left corner.
So I don't know if someone wants the icons to have the Windows "logic" or not.

was made with paint
can send it tomorrow

but i created a screenshot of the LFS icon (creating LFS-Shortcout, right click, properties, change icon.....)
and modfied the size to 60%....finished!
then u have the black LFS thing
#9 - ORION
ah ok
thx
There we go. If you post it, they will come (with better graphics). I knew someone would have a better idea so I kind of rushed the icon and wound up with crappy edges/border. I remade the icon anyway and reuploaded the attachments.
Sorry for this seemingly dumb question, but Ray/all, HOW do you get it to use the icon?

EDIT: Figured it out, you set the "Which app do I use" to LFS for all 3, then go to Folder options (any folder, well almost) and go file types, pick SET, SPR, MPR individually, go Advanced and change icon
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Sorry for this seemingly dumb question, but Ray/all, HOW do you get it to use the icon?

EDIT: Figured it out, you set the "Which app do I use" to LFS for all 3, then go to Folder options (any folder, well almost) and go file types, pick SET, SPR, MPR individually, go Advanced and change icon

yes, or you use my app:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9502

PS: i attached the black little LFS logo as a BMP file!
Attached files
LFS_Icon_BLANK.zip - 1.1 KB - 309 views
crazyice version with round transparent borders
Attached images
lfsicos_orion_v2.png
Attached files
v2_crazyice.zip - 5.4 KB - 320 views
I made a *.lyt icon ORION-style (I like those most)
Attached images
lyt.jpg
Attached files
lfsico_lyt.zip - 4.3 KB - 286 views
me updated too
here they are

/edit:
they are also shipped with LFS:FileAssociator
also added one for the scripts (*.lfs)
Attached images
LFSIcons_crazyice.jpg
Attached files
LFSIcons_crazyice.zip - 8.7 KB - 277 views
So ... here's a lfs-script icon orion-style, though orion will surely come soon and post a better version of it

And CrazyIce, does your program have support to link the lfs-script files to notepad, that would be nice
last time I check it didn't.
Attached images
lfs-lfs.jpg
Attached files
lfsico_lfs.zip - 4.3 KB - 304 views
No this one is nice
But I like the script icon from crazyice, too.
Quote from CrazyICE :me updated too
here they are

/edit:
they are also shipped with LFS:FileAssociator
also added one for the scripts (*.lfs)

nice icons!
Quote from herki :So ... here's a lfs-script icon orion-style, though orion will surely come soon and post a better version of it

And CrazyIce, does your program have support to link the lfs-script files to notepad, that would be nice
last time I check it didn't.

thought about that, but I didn't do it, cause i'm not using notepad...
hmmm...maybe i'll let the user choose the programm for editing scripts

yes...I'll do that tomorrow...
Moved to Miscellaneous Addons since this is basically 'texture'.
Quote from CrazyICE :thought about that, but I didn't do it, cause i'm not using notepad...
hmmm...maybe i'll let the user choose the programm for editing scripts

yes...I'll do that tomorrow...

btw: it's done
lfs icons update
I have updated the icons for vic's lfs installer test, which adds the lfs related file extensions to windows automatically. Therefore, large 48px icons are now included as well. Note that the icons are multires versions - windows will use the correct version automatically. If you want to access the differently sized icons manually, there is a simple ico plugin for photoshop which does exactly this.
The credit for the script icon goes to CrazyICE.
Attached files
LFS_file-format-icons_multires_48+32+16.zip - 36.3 KB - 267 views

Replay icon!
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG