The online racing simulator
steamy windows?
(23 posts, started )
steamy windows?
hi is there anybody out ther who would like to make the windows look steamy? id appreciate itvery much, as this is a little joke me and my freind have about car park servers being "dogging games". its all in the name of fun, lol
steamy? uhhhhhhh
right

you mean tinted?
possibly tinted white or grey to give impression of being steamed up.
It's possible, but it only works if you have an S2 liscense.
? no you can do it in the demo cars?

well.. you can tint, but thats about it, you can change the color somehow, i dont know how though
Quote from wheel4hummer :It's possible, but it only works if you have an S2 liscense.

are you saying that tinted windows only work with an S2 license ?! Because if you are, you are totally wrong... you just darken the S_windowALPHA.dds and it's done. If you're not, just sorry.
thanks for that, i suppose it isnt that important it was just a bit of fun. lol is ther a dds file for the windows?
Quote from Captain Slow :thanks for that, i suppose it isnt that important it was just a bit of fun. lol is ther a dds file for the windows?

yes.

LFS/data/dds/s_windowALPHA.dds

edit it and test... i just darkened it to give the impression of black tinted windows... at least it works in XFG. XRG and XRT... don't know about the other cars... and, it works only if you look from the outside to the inside. if your camera is in the car, it looks like the original... it doesn't darken from an inside look.

Sorry for my bad english.
#9 - bbman
Actually, it doesn't use anything to simulate some sort of glass from inside the car... It is as if there were no windshield, side window or back window...
Quote from bbman :Actually, it doesn't use anything to simulate some sort of glass from inside the car... It is as if there were no windshield, side window or back window...

That's right... and i think that the devs could do something about it... like if they improve the weather conditions ( addin Rain and stuff ) they could add glasses from the inside, that could be dirty and something like that... i guess it would be freaking cool...
instead of steamy .. can someone make the windows seem slightly dirty? like in GTR
#12 - Jakg
erm, may i ask why you want the dogging effect?
ok, ill clear this up, me and my freind sometimes refer to car park servers as "dogging parks", as a joke, and i thought it would be funny to have steamed up windows. as a joke. dont worry ive never been dogging. im only 15 by the way, window dirt would be coooool
#14 - Jakg
Quote from Captain Slow :ok, ill clear this up, me and my freind sometimes refer to car park servers as "dogging parks", as a joke, and i thought it would be funny to have steamed up windows. as a joke. dont worry ive never been dogging. im only 15

was worried! scared of "Live For Speed - Ultimate Dogging Simulation"
Quote :was worried! scared of "Live For Speed - Ultimate Dogging Simulation"

god that would be scary, although i remember in the "girls thread" someone sed something about scawen writing the love code, maybe the two could be combined, lol by the way, window dirt would be cool
Sarcasm
there are no diffuse textures on the windows, so no

and i doubt your "fog" effect will be what you expect

thats just not how LFS work; sorry, your just going to have to photoshop pictures at best
yea i treid editing the window dds file, but it just kept on looking very very dark, so i thiink ill give up on this one. lol
Quote from Captain Slow :yea i treid editing the window dds file, but it just kept on looking very very dark, so i thiink ill give up on this one. lol

Like XCNuse said, the windows dont have a diffuse texture.

Captain Slow, Incase you didn't know,
Diffuse texture = Basically, the skin of something
Alpha texture = The transparency of it

The LFS engine is built so that it is programmed into LFS that the windows have a black diffuse texture. You can only change the alpha.
ok i think i understand what you mean ive given up now anyway so i wouldnt worry about it
#21 - Gunn
It's easy to make steamy windows. You just add 3 female passengers to the car and park behind the pit building for a while.
shhhhhh, dont tell him the lil tricks!
Quote from Gunn :It's easy to make steamy windows. You just add 3 female passengers to the car and park behind the pit building for a while.

thats exactly the idea that started of this idea with me and my freind, because in a demo server a few of us just parked behind the pit lane and chatted. then my mate accused me of dogging online or something along thoses lines, lol

steamy windows?
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG